Onkyo RX 810 AVR problems with HDMI - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 09-21-2017, 09:02 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Onkyo RX 810 AVR problems with HDMI

I have an Onkyo RZ 810 connected to a Samsung 6500 TV, using the HDMI (ARC) input on the TV. Having the following problems which I can't seem to solve: 1. The Onkyo is supposed to have pass thru HDMI but when I turn on the just the cable/tv I get a message that there's no cable connection. 2. When I turn on the Onkyo, using CBL/SAT input all seems fine, but when I want to just watch TV without going through the sound system, turning off the Onkyo the TV also turns off, then back on the after several minutes it turns off again (no HDMI connection)

I think I have all the settings correct on both the Onkyo and the Samsung, checked all the connections. Thinking I should give up on ARC and direct connect the TV to the cable box.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 09-22-2017, 06:33 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeMc5506 View Post
I have an Onkyo RZ 810 connected to a Samsung 6500 TV, using the HDMI (ARC) input on the TV. Having the following problems which I can't seem to solve: 1. The Onkyo is supposed to have pass thru HDMI but when I turn on the just the cable/tv I get a message that there's no cable connection. 2. When I turn on the Onkyo, using CBL/SAT input all seems fine, but when I want to just watch TV without going through the sound system, turning off the Onkyo the TV also turns off, then back on the after several minutes it turns off again (no HDMI connection)

I think I have all the settings correct on both the Onkyo and the Samsung, checked all the connections. Thinking I should give up on ARC and direct connect the TV to the cable box.
I have the same setup so I will try it and see if I get the same results. When you turn on your TV does it change the imput on the receiver to the TV imput?

Onkyo TX-RZ810 Receiver
Polk Audio RTI A3 Bookshelf Speakers
Polk Audio RTI A1 Bookshelf Speakers
Boston Acoustic VR10 Center
Energy ESW-310 Subwoofer
Samsung UN65ES6500 TV
post #3 of 4 Old 09-22-2017, 08:21 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by WSZsr View Post
I have the same setup so I will try it and see if I get the same results. When you turn on your TV does it change the imput on the receiver to the TV imput?
Yes, and there's nothing happening on the TV input. But I think problem fixed. I updated the software when I first installed the Onkyo but found a different selection for update via "net" by accident. It took several minutes but seems to have solved the problem. Which was, that there was no HDMi passthrough, and if I turned off the receiver the tv would stay on for a few minutes then stop with a message the there was no signal.

By the way, I also noticed the sound playing music is much better without the EQ or Odyssey generated settings.

post #4 of 4 Old 09-24-2017, 08:05 PM - Thread Starter

Onkyo RZ 810 receiver, Internet radio?

I have Cambridge network music players in another location, and they are fantastic! I can search for any radio station in the world, save in in favorites and listen anytime. With my new Onkyo RZ810 receiver, the only way to do that seems to be via Tunein. Which I can't seem to get to work, message saying failed to load, and also doesn't provide my favorite local station (KFOG) saying that station is not available.

Is there any other way using this receiver to listen to internet radio?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page