Amplifier zone in a protection mode - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 09-22-2017, 08:08 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 81 Post(s)
Liked: 53
Amplifier zone in a protection mode

My multiroom amp has a zone that is entering protection mode. Disconnecting all wires and only powering up the amp did not clear the protection mode. Are all zones dead if only particular zone light is red? I suspect so because none of the other zone seems to be working. But I wanted to confirm. And for trouble shooting I assume I have to give it for repair and check out what board or caps need changing?

Yamaha RX-3050 5.2.4 JBL studio 1 (front, center, sorround) Tannoy Di8 DC (four on ceiling ATMOS)
Google NSZ-GT1 player
EPSON PowerLite Home Cinema 3010
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 09-22-2017, 08:58 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 812 Post(s)
Liked: 497
If the protection lite is ON.. With no loudspeakers connected, needs to go in for service...
Assuming U did try to reboot it..

Just my $0.02...
post #3 of 6 Old 09-23-2017, 02:37 AM

Mentioned: 385 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15338 Post(s)
Liked: 7497
Not sure what you mean by "a zone that is entering protection mode." If none of the Zones can be powered on, there is an issue with the main microprocessor, so yes, repair would be required if you have tried to reset the microprocessor (ie. "INITIALIZED", p. 150 A3050 Owner's manual) and it still shuts down.

post #4 of 6 Old 09-23-2017, 04:37 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 81 Post(s)
Liked: 53
Thx @jdsmoothie and @M Code .. let me clarify that I am using external multi zone amplifier along with my RX-A3050. External amp is what is entering in the protection mode light on channel 7-8.

Question that I have is- when protection light is on for channel 7-8 - is ext amp still working on other channels or is Unit is entering protection mode on all channels all together

Yamaha RX-3050 5.2.4 JBL studio 1 (front, center, sorround) Tannoy Di8 DC (four on ceiling ATMOS)
Google NSZ-GT1 player
EPSON PowerLite Home Cinema 3010
post #5 of 6 Old 09-23-2017, 09:53 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 504 Post(s)
Liked: 435
If an amp goes into protection mode none of the other channels should work either. You confirmed this in your first post - no audio from any of the other channels. You won't get half an amp to work if the other half is in protection mode. Nothing will work. It's the way it was designed to work.

Yamaha CX-A5000 - VTA ST-120 (6550 output tubes) - Salk Song Towers - Oppo 103
Vinyl Room: Emotiva PT-100 - Acurus A100 amp - Acoustic Research AR-2ax - Marantz TT42 - Oppo 103
Twas a woman who drove me to drink. I never had the decency to write and thank her ~ WC Fields
post #6 of 6 Old 09-23-2017, 11:32 AM

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 812 Post(s)
Liked: 497
Quote:
Originally Posted by drriddhish View Post
Thx @jdsmoothie and @M Code .. let me clarify that I am using external multi zone amplifier along with my RX-A3050. External amp is what is entering in the protection mode light on channel 7-8.

Question that I have is- when protection light is on for channel 7-8 - is ext amp still working on other channels or is Unit is entering protection mode on all channels all together
We don't know the brand/model of the multi-channel amplifier..
But if it has only (1) protection LED for all channels and the speakers are disconnected, then most likely U have internal problems the amplifier needs to go in for service/repair.

Just my $0.02...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page