Forum Jump: 

post #1891 of 1899 Old 07-18-2013, 04:42 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by sagrent View Post

Hi all. Looking for comparison feedback on Yamaha 1030RX, Denon AVR x4000 and Onkyo NR 818/929. Each of these has sufficient features for my 2 zone home theater setup, but I am interested in thoughts on build quality, YPAO vs Audussey XT32, customer service. My Marantz just failed and I need to replace. Thanks for the feedback.
None of those fit the criteria for this thread, so you're better off asking elsewhere.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1892 of 1899 Old 07-18-2013, 06:10 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Excuse me.
Could the criteria police explain why the TX-NR929 doesn't belong in the discussion? Is it the lack of a toroidal (sic) transformer or no Audyssey Sub HD with the XT32? Otherwise it appears to be an HT product to me. But maybe you were thinking of powering your $150K Magicos.
Patrick

Patrick
post #1893 of 1899 Old 07-18-2013, 06:38 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Well I'll admit to reading the first page of this long thread too quickly. But that is a lot of pages for a narrow field. When I think of all digital I think of something like the NuForce piece. I'm still not sure if you're excluding anything with any analog or if you're including any HT receiver with a class D amp section. My Integra is dying and I'm looking for a replacement. I'll take your advice and look elsewhere.

Patrick
post #1894 of 1899 Old 07-19-2013, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Collins View Post

Excuse me.
Could the criteria police explain why the TX-NR929 doesn't belong in the discussion? Is it the lack of a toroidal (sic) transformer or no Audyssey Sub HD with the XT32? Otherwise it appears to be an HT product to me. But maybe you were thinking of powering your $150K Magicos.
Patrick

That receiver uses a class AB amp.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Collins View Post

Well I'll admit to reading the first page of this long thread too quickly. But that is a lot of pages for a narrow field. When I think of all digital I think of something like the NuForce piece. I'm still not sure if you're excluding anything with any analog or if you're including any HT receiver with a class D amp section. My Integra is dying and I'm looking for a replacement. I'll take your advice and look elsewhere.

I'm not trying to be rude, I just honestly think you'll get better help elsewhere in the forum.

I think most would agree that the intent of this thread is Class-D amps and the "digital receiver" phrase is really a misnomer. Perhaps receiver with switching amplifier would have been a more accurate term. A few receivers with switching power supplies but traditional class AB amps have been mentioned here as well.
post #1895 of 1899 Old 10-01-2013, 10:55 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by drawz View Post

I think most would agree that the intent of this thread is Class-D amps and the "digital receiver" phrase is really a misnomer. Perhaps receiver with switching amplifier would have been a more accurate term. A few receivers with switching power supplies but traditional class AB amps have been mentioned here as well.

If that is the case, I really think the original post should be updated to reflect that. When I clicked on this thread, I assumed it was supposed to be a compiled list of all digital HT AVR's. I was going to complain about how outdated the list was. The original post should do a better job of reflecting the intent of this thread.
post #1896 of 1899 Old 10-01-2013, 12:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmikester1 View Post

If that is the case, I really think the original post should be updated to reflect that. When I clicked on this thread, I assumed it was supposed to be a compiled list of all digital HT AVR's. I was going to complain about how outdated the list was. The original post should do a better job of reflecting the intent of this thread.

Yeah, I agree the title of this thread should have been Class-D receivers.. But it is a pretty old thread so doubt it will get changed. And, sadly, there are hardly any left anyway.

xnappo
post #1897 of 1899 Old 10-02-2013, 06:10 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Liked: 16
Updated the title. I no longer have time to research receivers, so if you have any Class-D to add, let me know.
post #1898 of 1899 Old 10-13-2013, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grayson73 View Post

Updated the title. I no longer have time to research receivers, so if you have any Class-D to add, let me know.
Interesting quirk of your update to the thread title - the original post now shows updated 10/2/13, making it seem like that is a current list.

Pioneer SC-XX and SC-XXXX models are all class-D. I would say these are the most commonly used class-D receivers on this forum.
post #1899 of 1899 Old 02-23-2014, 09:58 AM

Liked: 10
NAD;s?? I have a NAD 757
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List