Denon AVR-5805 Arrived..... - Page 45 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #1321 of 1325 Old 12-27-2015, 05:58 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post
Yes. The Zone 2 HDMI output simply passes what the source sends ... so if the source (eg. BDP) is passing a DD/DTS standard or HD 5.1/7.1 signal, that is what the 5805 would receive. An AVS forum member actually uses a 2nd Atmos AVR (X4100W) connected to the Zone 2 HDMI output to pass an Atmos Blu Ray signal to achieve an Atmos 7.2.6 configuration (as current models are limited to a max of 7.2.4).
Excellent -thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1322 of 1325 Old Yesterday, 06:32 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
5805CI Z2 Video Problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post
Yes. The Zone 2 HDMI output simply passes what the source sends ... so if the source (eg. BDP) is passing a DD/DTS standard or HD 5.1/7.1 signal, that is what the 5805 would receive. An AVS forum member actually uses a 2nd Atmos AVR (X4100W) connected to the Zone 2 HDMI output to pass an Atmos Blu Ray signal to achieve an Atmos 7.2.6 configuration (as current models are limited to a max of 7.2.4).
I recently decided to once again setup Zone 2 of my 5805CI using Z2 component out to a Samsung 223HD. I am able to pass SV from a old TiVo and a Pioneer Elite DVD, but if a change the Pioneer out to component or try other HDMI sources, the 223HD displays "No Signal". I have read and reread the manual and studied batpig and tried all combinations of video settings with no joy. Finally I spoke to a tech at Denon support and after holding for the tech to check with ???, was told Z2 video does not support HDMI. I found this hard to believe and came across the above quote. I don't remember how I setup it long ago, but I think it passed HDMI. Changing the three Samsung Picture settings: Dynamic, Standard, and Movie has no effect.

While I am planning to move to the 7200WA and working through all the posts, I would like to have all the upgrades to it finished and use the 5805 a little longer before making the change.

Any help appreciated.

Audioolhand
post #1323 of 1325 Old Yesterday, 06:49 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
If the signal comes in to the 5805 only via HDMI, the 5805 will only output audio and video to Zone 1 - the 5805 doesn't transcode HDMI to component video or optical/coax digital audio. You'd have to hook the source up via component video and digital audio for the 5805 to output it to Zone 2. I ran exactly this setup in my last house.

In the quoted post JD was referring to the 7200's Zone 2 HDMI output.

Hope this helps...
post #1324 of 1325 Old Today, 09:29 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Thanks
post #1325 of 1325 Old Today, 09:35 AM
585-645-1006

Mentioned: 112 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7310 Post(s)
Liked: 3365
Quote:
Originally Posted by audiooldhand View Post
I recently decided to once again setup Zone 2 of my 5805CI using Z2 component out to a Samsung 223HD. I am able to pass SV from a old TiVo and a Pioneer Elite DVD, but if a change the Pioneer out to component or try other HDMI sources, the 223HD displays "No Signal". I have read and reread the manual and studied batpig and tried all combinations of video settings with no joy. Finally I spoke to a tech at Denon support and after holding for the tech to check with ???, was told Z2 video does not support HDMI. I found this hard to believe and came across the above quote. I don't remember how I setup it long ago, but I think it passed HDMI. Changing the three Samsung Picture settings: Dynamic, Standard, and Movie has no effect.

While I am planning to move to the 7200WA and working through all the posts, I would like to have all the upgrades to it finished and use the 5805 a little longer before making the change.

Any help appreciated.

Audioolhand

As noted, I was referring to the X7200WA as Zone HDMI output was only just first introduced on D+M models beginning in 2012.

------------
"JD" - Call 585-645-1006 or email jd@avscience.com for AVR selection and pricing discussion 8am - 8pm EST daily (incl Sat/Sun)
Authorized dealer: Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Onkyo, Def Tech, Atl Tech, SVS, Oppo

Think you have a defective AVR? Owner's manual - Factory reset 4-5 times in a row.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors