Denon AVR-5805 Arrived..... - Page 46 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

Old Today, 01:18 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 102 Post(s)
Liked: 39
So I got around to having everything in place now where/how I want it. And it was time to give Audyssey another go.

This time, I decided to confirm all my current settings were written down and did a reinitialization of the microprocessor back to factory settings. After a few chicken/egg moments, got everything all set up again and back in place. During that process, I ran Audyssey setup, this time following jdsmoothie's suggestion to put the microphone where my head would usually be and just left it there for each of the eight position measurements.

I, the jury, am still out, but it does perhaps seem a little better focused, and obviously better focused on where I usually sit. I think I still need to play with the center crossover, as the bass isn't quite what I was used to and liking before, and the sound is a bit on the lean side (almost approaching too bright perhaps). Aside from the center crossover I think the other crossovers and all the other settings are as before.

The main reason I did the microprocessor reset was to see if I could get audio back with the VCR-3 and HDMI combination. And I did. I hadn't checked it since I originally discovered the problem and stopped using it, so no guarantee that it was the reset that fixed it. But it works now. (VCR-4 is empty for the time being, I probably should check that out...)

The other big reason I did the microprocessor reset was to see if it might get svideo up-conversion working again. Haven't had a chance to try that out yet. (I really doubt it will do any better than before, either using hdmi or component connection to the tv; sadly tv doesn't have svideo connection, so it's stuck at composite if upconversion still doesn't work.)

And I thought perhaps maybe the network interface might rise from the dead, but still no pulse.

So still a teeny little bit to go yet (tweak/redo Audyssey and/or crossovers, check out svideo to see if maybe up-conversion will start working again). And pretty nifty with the Harmony remote all set up now: click a button and just wait for everything to start up and/or switch around and Bob's your uncle, as they say; click the off button and it all shuts off.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Sponsored Links
Advertisement