Pioneer 1014 Floor Model Questions - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 02-26-2005, 06:23 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi All

Today I purchased the Pioneer 1014 since I have read many good things about it on this forum. The only one they had in any of their stores was the floor model. I decide to give it a shot since it was only $300. All I have is the receiver and the remote. On top of that I know absolutely nothing about audio, this is the first receiver I have purchased in a very long time (10+ years).

What else comes with the 1014? From what I have read on the forum there is a mic, anything else.

Where can I find a manual? I went to Pioneer's web site and they don't have it for the 1014. I couldn't find anything at all about this model on their site.

Should I keep it? I bought an extended warranty(first time ever), 3 years for $38.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

-Scott
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 02-26-2005, 10:07 PM
wje
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
You could download the manual for the 52TX, which would be quite comparable. Also, yes, the microphone should be in the package along with some form of AM antenna. However, I wouldn't worry about the useless antenna item. Focus on the warranty card, remote, etc.

If the receiver looks like it was nicely taken care of, chances are it will serve you well. However, if it looks like it has taken some forms of abuse, it might have more mileage than you contend with.
post #3 of 3 Old 02-26-2005, 11:11 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 25
You can get the manual here at Amazon http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...15062?v=glance .Scroll down a bit to product details,and just below that is view product manual manual for the vsx-1014TX-K and you can save it with Acrobat.Just see if you can get the mic from a Pioneer dealer in town or call Pioneer.Maybe the store you bought the receiver from can order it for you.I have bought floor models before without a problem.You like to get it new but when you have no choice I don't see it a problem for receivers.Its been tested in store so you shouldn't have a problem.Hopefully the mic isn't too expensive.I think your just missing the mic and manual.Did the store tell you they didn't have the mic and manual?.Manual isn't a problem but the mic will come handy to automatically set up your receiver or you can do it manually.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page