Harman/Kardon AVR 310: Can't get sub working with it!! - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 05-10-2005, 11:38 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I've been using a Harman/Kardon AVR 310 for a few years now. I got a HSU STF 2 a while back, and have never got it working properly with the receiver. I hooked it up initially and appeared to be getting nothing from the subwoofer out on the H/K 310. I figured I would worry about it later and just hooked the sub directly into the DVD sub out, and that worked fine.

So now I've been trying to get the sub to work off the receiver so I can get LFE on all sources. I've got the interconnect plugged from the subwoofer plug in the PRE OUT'S section on the H/K. And that interconnect is of course going to the Sub IN on the HSU. I've played with the settings in the speaker setup section on the H/K, trying every combination of Subwoofer setting and speaker size setting, and I get nothing from the sub.

Either I'm overlooking something really stupid here, or the pre-outs (including the Sub out) on my H/K just don't work. I've never used them for anything else. I tried other outputs on the H/K including Main L/R outs, and get nothing.

I work with A/V equipment on basically a daily basis. I haven't spent a lot of time troubleshooting this one. Just thought I would ask here and see if someone has been through this with the H/K AVR 310 before I start pulling out more gear to troublehoot.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 05-10-2005, 02:51 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 116 Post(s)
Liked: 125
Suggest you do the following:
1. Turn ON the AVR 310
2. Set the Surround mode to Pro Logic
3. Press Speaker select:
a. Set Fronts, Center and Surround to Small if Satellite type, Large if Full Range
b. Set Subwoofer to SW +L/R
4. Now play a source even FM is OK

Do you now have Subwoofer Output?

Post back your results and if there are still issues, we will advise further comments... ;)
post #3 of 3 Old 05-17-2005, 12:40 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Sorry I didn't reply sooner. I thought I had email alert for responses turned on..

Anyways, yes now I do have sub output! Is there something to doing it that specific way with Pro Logic to initialize the output? As I mentioned before, I've tried every speaker size setting with every subwoofer output setting for a number of sources. But I never did it in Pro Logic. And now after it worked in Pro Logic, I was able to switch over to Dolby D and run on CD, DVD, and other inputs and still have sub output. (all of the places it didn't work before using the same settings)

I'm not going to spend too much time wondering why it works now. It just does. I still need to play with the 6 ch Direct input. I'm not getting any sub output (or very little) from my SACD player. So I'll play with the settings there, and bass management.

Thanks!
Closed Thread Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page