Pioneer 1014 missing anything? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 05-29-2005, 01:11 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
A real newby here. I just noticed people talking about BB closing out Pioneer 1014s at a reduced price pluss 30% off for open box. I have my name on a floor demo to pick up tomorrow. What accessories should come with the receiver? Remote, manual, ?. Should I get extended warranty since was floor model? I am looking to work with a Samsung lnr408 Lcd and of course budget is tight. Trying to find speakers and Athena micro 6 seems popular if I can find them. Am I on the right track? Still need dvd and vhs players as well, is there a combo unit for these to consider or maybe start with a samsung dvd because it comes with cable included? Room is 16w x 12d. Primary general tv content with 10% music, 5% dvd and 20% vhs recordings of tv programing. Would using dvr be big improvement over vhs? Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 05-29-2005, 05:12 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
The 1014 is designed to drive larger speakers than the Micras... it will work with the Micras fine, but its kind of a shame to tie a large power supply to tiny drivers.
I would look at the bookshelf sized Athenas at BB or any number of other brands in other stores.

VHS is low quality by todays standards, I would use it to play archives only..
If you record TV a lot, get a TIVO like device
post #3 of 3 Old 05-29-2005, 06:59 AM

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by gghertz
A real newby here. I just noticed people talking about BB closing out Pioneer 1014s at a reduced price pluss 30% off for open box. I have my name on a floor demo to pick up tomorrow. What accessories should come with the receiver? Remote, manual,
BB has this nasty habit of tossing remotes, manuals and assories of open box stuff. If the remote is still there count yourself lucky. Make sure you ask for the lowest markdown they can do, I did and saved $110 more. The setup mic and remote is available at pioneerelectronicsdotcom. The manual is too at an outrageous price but is better downloaded here: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...onics&n=507846
I see you crossed posted to the receiver forum as well, if you scan for the "opinions on the 1014 thread" you will find a lot of good info...you just need to look.

Keith
Closed Thread Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page