The "Official" Denon AVR-4806 Thread - Page 92 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 6Likes

post #2731 of 2732 Old 12-16-2015, 11:33 AM
585-645-1006

Mentioned: 147 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8442 Post(s)
Liked: 3798
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kukernan View Post
shoot I have one last question. I seem to be hearing a delay from the sonos speakers. I have the delay feet set to 0 but I'm not sure if that's the correct adjustment because I think I still hear the delay...?
Delay only applies to the main zone. The newer models have a Video Mode that helps minimize any Zone 2 delay.
Kukernan likes this.

------------
"JD" - Call 585-645-1006 or email jd@avscience.com for AVR selection and pricing discussion 8am - 8pm EST daily (incl Sat/Sun)
AV Science - Dealer for Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Onkyo, Def Tech, Atl Tech, SVS, Oppo

Think you have a defective AVR? Owner's manual - Factory reset 4-5 times in a row.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2732 of 2732 Old 04-03-2016, 04:32 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Resurrecting an ANCIENT thread here (and apologies for the cross-posting here and in the 4806CI thread). An 4806CI has been the backbone of my main home theater room for more years than I remembered (until I was reminded of how long it's been by looking at the dates of some of the posts here). In the last few months, the AVR has been doing some flaky audio things--primarily seeming to struggle with properly decoding the audio stream so that the volume of voice in the center channel is correct. When the problem occurs, say on a broadcast of ESPN SportsCenter or an MLB Network news show, the talking head on TV's voice drops to a very low or non-existence volume while the "sound effects" are left in the front left and front right. The only way to get normal voice volume again would be to set the sound processing to "Stereo." Sometimes toggling surround modes might kick the sound back to normal. But more often than not, it didn't work. The So I followed the general recommended technique here and reset the processor. Since I didn't make a load file from the internet connection first (d'oh!), the reconfiguration was a pain in the backside. And of course I've forgotten everything I once knew about Audyssey so now the MultEQ XT light is off. And I've got to re-learn all that stuff.

Current problem, though, is the Surround Back Left speaker, which is emitting a buzzing sound. (This is independent of the audio problem described above. It's not a speaker problem--when the two Surround Back speakers are connected as Surround B, they work fine. Problem is confined to the Back Left speaker. There doesn't appear to be anything interfering/crossing the speaker connector posts on the back of the amp--they are clean.

What's the likely diagnosis here? A bad amp driving JUST the one speaker? And is there anything that an end-user can do? I could haul the 4806 out of its tight little cubby hole to vacuum out any dust. (My AV closet is tight and I don't relish disconnecting and reconnecting the AVR just to try this.)

Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated. I don't have any compelling need to upgrade and wouldn't relish the notion of coming out of pocket to get a replacement just to get the Surround Back working again. I was thinking I might be able to reconfigure the Surround B speakers to carry Surround Back information. But the setup doesn't seem to allow for that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

taboola here
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page