Pioneer Electronics Product Questions - Page 7 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #181 of 590 Old 09-02-2005, 07:27 PM - Thread Starter
Member
 
WalkamoHB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 195
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ange Rizzo View Post

Hi Chris,

When do you think we'll be able to see the spec sheets for the new PDPs? Also, does Pioneer U.S. take care of Pioneer Canada's website? If so, when do you think it might be updated?

Ange.

Hi Ange, the Plasmas will be up by the end of next week. We have not officially announced them yet. We do not control the Canadian Website.

Chris Walker
WalkamoHB is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #182 of 590 Old 09-02-2005, 07:31 PM - Thread Starter
Member
 
WalkamoHB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 195
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee Bombard View Post

Chris -
Thanks for all the terrific info!

I have a Elite 510 TV. I believe this has a DVI input. Would there be any problem in using the 74 to pass upconverted HDMI to the 510 using a HDMI to DVI cable?

Also - I currently have a VSX49Ti Elite receiver. In your opinion, would I be foolish to trade for the 74?

Appreciate your input.

Lee

Unfortunatley the 51 does not have a DVI input. You will need to use the component video jacks. As far as replacing your 49 with a 74, this would only be my personal opinion. I do believe the advances made to MCACC and the convienence of HDMI switching with transcoding are a worthwhile upgrade. I replaced my 59TXVi with a Silver 74 and have not regreted it at all.

Chris Walker
WalkamoHB is offline  
post #183 of 590 Old 09-02-2005, 08:22 PM
Member
 
Lee Bombard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: North Hollywood, CA
Posts: 147
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:


Unfortunatley the 51 does not have a DVI input. You will need to use the component video jacks.

I was mistaken. I have the 530 not the 510...so I would be good to go?
Lee Bombard is offline  
post #184 of 590 Old 09-02-2005, 08:28 PM
Member
 
Lee Bombard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: North Hollywood, CA
Posts: 147
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Server error
Lee Bombard is offline  
post #185 of 590 Old 09-02-2005, 08:39 PM
Member
 
sjoh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Santa Cruz, CA
Posts: 105
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello Chris,

Thanks for starting this thread. I have a couple of questions:

1. In another thread it was mentioned that the standing wave control filter in the new Pioneer VSX74 receiver contained 33 bandpass filters per speaker. However, looking at the manual it seems to suggest that it is 3 parametric EQs per speaker. Could you confirm this?

2. Are there any plans for Pioneer to release an upconverting 5 disk DVD video/audio/SACD changer?

Thanks in advance,
Sejin.
sjoh is offline  
post #186 of 590 Old 09-02-2005, 08:52 PM - Thread Starter
Member
 
WalkamoHB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 195
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjoh View Post

Hello Chris,

Thanks for starting this thread. I have a couple of questions:

1. In another thread it was mentioned that the standing wave control filter in the new Pioneer VSX74 receiver contained 33 bandpass filters per speaker. However, looking at the manual it seems to suggest that it is 3 parametric EQs per speaker. Could you confirm this?

2. Are there any plans for Pioneer to release an upconverting 5 disk DVD video/audio/SACD changer?

Thanks in advance,
Sejin.

Hi Sejin, yes the Standing Wave control does use 33 band pass filters. I have attached a graphic from our av design group.

About the changer, the changer market is really small. We are currently using our optical disc based engineers for Blu-ray development. I do not expect one for awhile.

Chris Walker

[IMG]SWC Image[/IMG]
LL
WalkamoHB is offline  
post #187 of 590 Old 09-02-2005, 09:11 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
Johnla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 11,497
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee Bombard View Post

So my question above applies to the 530.

In that case unless there are some sort of HDCP issues, it probably should work with the 530.
Johnla is offline  
post #188 of 590 Old 09-02-2005, 10:29 PM
Advanced Member
 
Mars Rocket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Davis, CA
Posts: 906
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Are the video conversion capabilities (i.e. analog to HDMI) of the VSX-72 and VSX-74 identical? On the web site comparison page, under 'Video Conversion' it says "Yes - To HDMI" for the 74 and "Yes - Digital To HDMI" for the 72. Is this just a typo, or is there actually a difference?
Mars Rocket is offline  
post #189 of 590 Old 09-02-2005, 10:54 PM - Thread Starter
Member
 
WalkamoHB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 195
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mars Rocket View Post

Are the video conversion capabilities (i.e. analog to HDMI) of the VSX-72 and VSX-74 identical? On the web site comparison page, under 'Video Conversion' it says "Yes - To HDMI" for the 74 and "Yes - Digital To HDMI" for the 72. Is this just a typo, or is there actually a difference?


Yes they are identical.. The website should state the same for both. We rushed to get them up last night.. Just a typo..

Chris Walker
WalkamoHB is offline  
post #190 of 590 Old 09-02-2005, 11:53 PM
Newbie
 
John Villano's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 5
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hey Chris,

Thank you very much for the response. I will try your suggestions, as well as the 1130 I will compare them side by side.

Thanks again

John Villano
John Villano is offline  
post #191 of 590 Old 09-03-2005, 07:09 AM
Advanced Member
 
Mars Rocket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Davis, CA
Posts: 906
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by WalkamoHB View Post

Yes they are identical.. The website should state the same for both. We rushed to get them up last night.. Just a typo..

Chris Walker


Great, thanks. I've been trying to decide on a new receiver for several months now and now I'm planning on getting a VSX-72TXV or VSX-74TXVi. Your participation in this forum is one of the deciding factors for me.
Mars Rocket is offline  
post #192 of 590 Old 09-03-2005, 07:10 AM
Newbie
 
cdcray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 7
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I am trying to make a decision on a Reciever/Amp and am close to deciding on the Pioneer 1015TX. But I am having a lot of trouble with the acronyms and other technical terms as what they mean to me or should I be concerned about them. Can you lead me to a good Glossary of terms?

Thanks,
cdcray

cdcray
South Bend, IN
cdcray is offline  
post #193 of 590 Old 09-03-2005, 10:13 AM
Senior Member
 
subversive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 228
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdcray View Post

I am trying to make a decision on a Reciever/Amp and am close to deciding on the Pioneer 1015TX. But I am having a lot of trouble with the acronyms and other technical terms as what they mean to me or should I be concerned about them. Can you lead me to a good Glossary of terms?

Thanks,
cdcray

http://www.audioed.com.au/glossary_free1.html

http://www.enjoythemusic.com/magazin...erminology.htm
subversive is offline  
post #194 of 590 Old 09-03-2005, 11:36 AM
Member
 
Joe Schwartz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 111
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi Chris,

If the specs for the flagship receiver are not yet finalized, please consider providing more than two HDMI inputs.
Joe Schwartz is offline  
post #195 of 590 Old 09-03-2005, 12:49 PM
Newbie
 
jteodosio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Rio de Janeiro
Posts: 2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi Chris,
I´m live in Brazil - Rio de Janeiro. We don´t have in your representative in Brazil the boards to purchase of the model M-4000 audio power amplifier (rwz-3687 and rwz-3688). I have one model of this equipment but is defective more less 2 years.
Please, inform if you can send me the squematic diagram and/or the boards with the components.
I hope your informations.

thanks

Jorge Teodosio
jteodosio is offline  
post #196 of 590 Old 09-03-2005, 03:16 PM
Newbie
 
cdcray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 7
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10


Thanks subersive.

Cdcray

cdcray
South Bend, IN
cdcray is offline  
post #197 of 590 Old 09-03-2005, 03:32 PM
Advanced Member
 
psycho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 512
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
ok I'm just jumping into this thread, I only read the first couple replies, it's not a question, but more of a Suggestion.

Recently when I was looking to purchase a new receiver I was looking for 2 thing in particular, 8ch input and dolby prologic 2x.

I narrowed it down between a 815 and a yamaha 650. although the 650 was $100 more, and one less component input I chose it over the 815 since it had an 8ch input. If the 815 would have hade an 8ch input, I would have bought it in a heartbeat, but it didn't. I would recommend that you put 8ch inputs on all of your 7.1 receivers. I would be willing purchase a pioneer in the near future, if it had the 8ch input feature.
psycho is offline  
post #198 of 590 Old 09-03-2005, 05:26 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Jake Sm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: american heartland
Posts: 3,779
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:


I narrowed it down between a 815 and a yamaha 650. although the 650 was $100 more, and one less component input I chose it over the 815 since it had an 8ch input. If the 815 would have hade an 8ch input, I would have bought it in a heartbeat, but it didn't. I would recommend that you put 8ch inputs on all of your 7.1 receivers. I would be willing purchase a pioneer in the near future, if it had the 8ch input feature.

Is this because of DD+/DTS+ ?

Seeking a speaker recomendation? Compare for yourself or be swayed by others who hear differantly, or by marketing, or just save time and get the cheapest , nicest looking, or smallest.
Jake Sm is offline  
post #199 of 590 Old 09-03-2005, 06:10 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Enigma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 4,414
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Schwartz View Post

If the specs for the flagship receiver are not yet finalized, please consider providing more than two HDMI inputs.

I agree completely the 74 has an extremely complete feature set. The only thing missing is enough inputs to adequately cover future hdmi capable inputs (hd tivo, blu-ray player, ps3, future secure htpc, etc). Four HDMI inputs (pref. 1.2, but I understand the chips might not be available till next summer, so depending on the timing of the release 1.1 would be OK, with 1394 for muti-channel SACD).

Hal
Enigma is offline  
post #200 of 590 Old 09-03-2005, 08:40 PM - Thread Starter
Member
 
WalkamoHB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 195
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by jteodosio View Post

Hi Chris,
I´m live in Brazil - Rio de Janeiro. We don´t have in your representative in Brazil the boards to purchase of the model M-4000 audio power amplifier (rwz-3687 and rwz-3688). I have one model of this equipment but is defective more less 2 years.
Please, inform if you can send me the squematic diagram and/or the boards with the components.
I hope your informations.

thanks

Jorge Teodosio

Sorry Jorge, you can try calling our customer service regarding this matter at 800-421-1404.

Chris Walker
WalkamoHB is offline  
post #201 of 590 Old 09-04-2005, 05:59 AM
AVS Special Member
 
uw69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Washington
Posts: 1,202
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I'm anxious to purchase a VSX-74TXVi, I have checked both of my local Magnolia Hi Fi's in the Seattle/Tacoma area but no luck. Any hints where I might find one? Thank you

I miss the rosewood sides on the old Pioneer Elite equipment!

Blu-ray - 576


HD DVD - 81

uw69 is offline  
post #202 of 590 Old 09-04-2005, 12:56 PM
Advanced Member
 
Nightmaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: The Archives-Bloomington, Indiana
Posts: 621
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by psycho View Post

I narrowed it down between a 815 and a yamaha 650. although the 650 was $100 more, and one less component input I chose it over the 815 since it had an 8ch input. If the 815 would have hade an 8ch input, I would have bought it in a heartbeat, but it didn't. I would recommend that you put 8ch inputs on all of your 7.1 receivers. I would be willing purchase a pioneer in the near future, if it had the 8ch input feature.

I bought the 815 about a month ago and for the money I think it's an incredible receiver.
Nightmaster is offline  
post #203 of 590 Old 09-04-2005, 05:02 PM
Advanced Member
 
psycho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 512
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake Sm View Post

Is this because of DD+/DTS+ ?

no, gaming from a pc with an audigy 2zs, I know its not a good all around sound card, but for gaming, it is(was) the best. gotta love EAX HD
psycho is offline  
post #204 of 590 Old 09-05-2005, 05:49 AM
Newbie
 
MattinWashDC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 14
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I just wanted to get the official statement on what I beleive is a costco special, the Pioneed PDP 4300 plasma. Can you please share some information with us on this model. There have been numerous threads on this, and wanted to get your take. Is this a "dumbed down" model or is it the real deal made for costco.
Are there any limitations to this model?
THanks

Pioneer Elite VSX 52TX
Pioneer PDP4340 Plasma
Pioneer Elite DV-45A DVD
Pioneer Elite A-35R
Polk Reference (5.1) Speakers
MattinWashDC is offline  
post #205 of 590 Old 09-05-2005, 09:48 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
Johnla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 11,497
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 20
It looks to me like the PDP-4300 is currently listed as a older discontinued Canadian model, and not a US model. So I don't think it's a model number that was/is made specifically for Costco. And that they probably just bought out a supply of them from someone.


http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pn...548282,00.html
Johnla is offline  
post #206 of 590 Old 09-05-2005, 10:08 AM
Newbie
 
jteodosio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Rio de Janeiro
Posts: 2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi Chris,
I contact you after to try resolve the problem in Brazil. The model M-4000 not sale in Brazil, consequently the your service station here not have pieces and documentation to realize the repair. I can´t to agree without use the equipment. I need the squematic diagram and/or the boards rwz3697 and rwz3698.
Please, send other informations about this matter.

Jorge Teodosio
jteodosio is offline  
post #207 of 590 Old 09-05-2005, 09:04 PM
Senior Member
 
papaduxx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Poughkeepsie, NY
Posts: 358
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Chris,

I have a question for you. I interested in purchasing one of these three models the Pioneer 74TXVI and the Denon AVR-3806 or AVR-4803. In comparing the WATTS, i notice on the back panel of the Elite its says "AC 120v 60hz 530w 690va." I am a little new to the higher end receiver market so sorry if its a bad question, why are the watts 530 and not what the receiver claims 140 x 7 = 980? When I look at the rear panel of the a yamaha receiver it is closer to the claimed watts and denon 3805 on the crutchfield site it lists power consumption at 7.1 amps which after some math is closer to the claimed watts. What is the power consumption of the VSX-74TXVI?( how many amps) what is the true wattage? How is this number reached from the claimed watts to what is written?

I am seriously considering the Pioneer but the denon is still hanging around. I just want to clear up some of these questions before i buy the 74TXVI and want to make the right decision. I would appreciate any help you or anyone else would be able to give me.

is 690 va canadian spec?

Thanks,

Anthony

2 Definitive Technology ST-L Fronts, CS-8080HD center channel, Gem XL rears, SuperCube 8000 subwoofer, Marantz SR-7008 , and Sony KDL-55w900a
papaduxx is offline  
post #208 of 590 Old 09-05-2005, 10:28 PM - Thread Starter
Member
 
WalkamoHB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 195
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by jteodosio View Post

Hi Chris,
I contact you after to try resolve the problem in Brazil. The model M-4000 not sale in Brazil, consequently the your service station here not have pieces and documentation to realize the repair. I can´t to agree without use the equipment. I need the squematic diagram and/or the boards rwz3697 and rwz3698.
Please, send other informations about this matter.

Jorge Teodosio


Hi Jorge, I wish I could help you, but I do not have access to thos service documents.

If our customer service could not help, there is really not much else I can do. We only offer service manuals to authorized service centers.

Sorry,

Chris Walker
WalkamoHB is offline  
post #209 of 590 Old 09-05-2005, 10:37 PM - Thread Starter
Member
 
WalkamoHB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 195
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by papaduxx View Post

Chris,

I have a question for you. I interested in purchasing one of these three models the Pioneer 74TXVI and the Denon AVR-3806 or AVR-4803. In comparing the WATTS, i notice on the back panel of the Elite its says "AC 120v 60hz 530w 690va." I am a little new to the higher end receiver market so sorry if its a bad question, why are the watts 530 and not what the receiver claims 140 x 7 = 980? When I look at the rear panel of the a yamaha receiver it is closer to the claimed watts and denon 3805 on the crutchfield site it lists power consumption at 7.1 amps which after some math is closer to the claimed watts. What is the power consumption of the VSX-74TXVI?( how many amps) what is the true wattage? How is this number reached from the claimed watts to what is written?

I am seriously considering the Pioneer but the denon is still hanging around. I just want to clear up some of these questions before i buy the 74TXVI and want to make the right decision. I would appreciate any help you or anyone else would be able to give me.

is 690 va canadian spec?

Thanks,

Anthony


Hi Anthony, the wattage your are referring to (530 watts) is the amount of power that the receiver draws from the AC outlet. The 140w x 7, is the ouput power of the receivers transistors.

I can assure you that the receivers power output is

140watts x 7 from 20hz-20kHz at 8ohms with .09% THD with all channels driven.


Chris Walker
WalkamoHB is offline  
post #210 of 590 Old 09-05-2005, 11:13 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
Johnla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 11,497
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by jteodosio View Post

I need the squematic diagram and/or the boards rwz3697 and rwz3698.

Jorge Teodosio


Jorge

From what Chris just said, it looks like you maybe will need to use one of the online sources to acquire a M-4000 service manual and schematic.

http://www.electronicsrepair.net/rec17m.shtml

http://www.user-service-manuals.com/...ce-manuals.htm

http://www.servicemanuals.net

http://www.smshop.org/product_info.p...roducts_id/350

http://service.city.tomsk.net/manuals/pioneer2.html


And for the rwz3697 and rwz3698 parts. But I would advise you first, to make sure that is what you really need, try.

for the rwz3697

http://www.partstore.com/PartNumberS...Number=rwz3697


for the rwz3698

http://www.partstore.com/PartNumberS...Number=rwz3698


Now I can't say for sure if they will ship parts to Brazil or not, so you may want to send them a email and find out.
Johnla is offline  
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Pioneer Electronics Brand , Pioneer Electronics

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off