Official Yamaha RX-V1600 & 2600 thread - Page 89 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #2641 of 2656 Old 01-23-2011, 01:08 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have been working all weekend trying to get my RX-V1600 to work. One morning I turn it out and there is no sound coming from the speakers. I check all my connections, nothing is loose or disconnected. I went through the troubleshooting guide from my manual but that did not make a difference.

There are no error codes, the OSD looks normal. No sound comes from any source. I plugged in my headphones and still no sound.

Another note, when I push the "Pure Direct" button, the OSD gets dim then fades out. And still no sound.

Im at a loss, what could be causing this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2642 of 2656 Old 02-12-2011, 03:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Hey Guys,
On my Yamaha Rx-V2600, there is an analog L&R Output (for recording I imagine). My question is this, if I have several sources connected to the analog L&R inputs such as a music streamer, CD player, or any other 2ch analog source, will all of these be output through the REC out if the corresponding input is selected?

I ask because I need to send these analog 2ch signals to another room / device. Also, say I am watching a movie through my PS3 thats connected via HDMI, will these REC outs still be active for another analog source at the same time?

Thanks and hope my question was straight forward

Brandon
post #2643 of 2656 Old 10-14-2011, 08:59 AM

While painting my living room, I noticed that one of my surround grills was loose. Reseating it released a fair amount of disintegrated foam driver surround. So, it's time for new surrounds and I might as well upgrade the center at the same time.

Because I'm using Polk SDA-1C's with their updated tweeters (and likely a x-over rebuild soon) as the front mains, I want to stay with their products to attempt timbre-matched drivers. Support recommends a CSiA4/CS10/CS20 for the center and RM8/TL1/TL2 for the satellites.

I'm currently using the 2600 in 5.1 mode. What's the consensus on the best combination of speaker channels for home theatre with this receiver? Is it more effective to add 2 front presence speakers or have a pair each for surround and surround back speakers? Can I correctly use one of these settings for side speakers? Which scenario takes advantage of the most released material?

Or should I just stick with 5.1 due to lack of material and/or cost? Since my room is only about 13' deep, even if I could make the side speakers work, would it be worthwhile?

post #2644 of 2656 Old 10-14-2011, 02:32 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmueller View Post

While painting my living room, I noticed that one of my surround grills was loose. Reseating it released a fair amount of disintegrated foam driver surround. So, it's time for new surrounds and I might as well upgrade the center at the same time.

Because I'm using Polk SDA-1C's with their updated tweeters (and likely a x-over rebuild soon) as the front mains, I want to stay with their products to attempt timbre-matched drivers. Support recommends a CSiA4/CS10/CS20 for the center and RM8/TL1/TL2 for the satellites.

I'm currently using the 2600 in 5.1 mode. What's the consensus on the best combination of speaker channels for home theatre with this receiver? Is it more effective to add 2 front presence speakers or have a pair each for surround and surround back speakers? Can I correctly use one of these settings for side speakers? Which scenario takes advantage of the most released material?

Or should I just stick with 5.1 due to lack of material and/or cost? Since my room is only about 13' deep, even if I could make the side speakers work, would it be worthwhile?

I tried it both ways with my 2600 when I was using that one. With that version of YPAO, to me the presence speakers made the room sound like it had a reverberation sound effect. The surround back speakers were a lot better to me. They do work though and my advice to you would be to try it both ways and see which you prefer. I finally ended doing what you are doing and went to just 5.2. Still doing it right now with a new Yamaha A3000.
post #2645 of 2656 Old 12-12-2011, 04:49 PM

does anyone know a way to go digital optical in (DTV)---->rca stereo out????------>dtv rca audio in?

Why the heck would someone want to do this you may ask. I have an apple tv in my main room for which the audio is transferred via digital optical (DTV dig optical in on 2600). I want to be able to listen to my itunes via apple tv in my second zone (Apple tv has no rca outs and 2600 zone 2 can only be played via RCA in). So I thought this might be a work around although I am not sure there are RCA's out in the 2600 and second whether this would actually work even if there was one (i.e. would zone 1(main) have to be on as well in this configuration or could it work with just zone 2).

Anyone have any advice?
post #2646 of 2656 Old 12-12-2011, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shsinclair View Post

does anyone know a way to go digital optical in (DTV)---->rca stereo out????------>dtv rca audio in?

Why the heck would someone want to do this you may ask. I have an apple tv in my main room for which the audio is transferred via digital optical (DTV dig optical in on 2600). I want to be able to listen to my itunes via apple tv in my second zone (Apple tv has no rca outs and 2600 zone 2 can only be played via RCA in). So I thought this might be a work around although I am not sure there are RCA's out in the 2600 and second whether this would actually work even if there was one (i.e. would zone 1(main) have to be on as well in this configuration or could it work with just zone 2).

Anyone have any advice?

Is this what you're looking for:

http://www.monoprice.com/products/pr...seq=1&format=2
post #2647 of 2656 Old 12-12-2011, 06:28 PM

No that won't work and I talked to monoprice and they don't have anything like that. I want to somehow take the dig optical signal going into the 2600 from atv, run it out of the 2600 via RCA and loop it back in via RCA using the Dtv RCA inputs.
post #2648 of 2656 Old 01-23-2012, 02:24 PM

I have a spare set of speakers that I won, and I'd like to test them as 7.1 surround back speakers. They are Polk RTiA1's. I have Polk SDA 1C's as mains, CS400i as the center, and FXiA4's in dipole mode as side-wall surrounds. It's about 65" from the listening position to the back wall.

The following link indicates two different options: either 60* apart from the listening position if using THX, or right beside one another is using 7.1. Because part of the back wall is open behind the sweet spot, the left surround back would need to be behind the sweet spot instead of angled out. Since the 2600 has THX Select2, I'm not sure what placement locations I should try.

http://www.thx.com/consumer/home-ent...peaker-set-up/

Suggestions?

post #2649 of 2656 Old 01-23-2012, 02:55 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shsinclair View Post

No that won't work and I talked to monoprice and they don't have anything like that. I want to somehow take the dig optical signal going into the 2600 from atv, run it out of the 2600 via RCA and loop it back in via RCA using the Dtv RCA inputs.

a) I clicked the link, and the product was there, and yes that would work, but you's also need this;
http://www.monoprice.com/products/pr...t=1#largeimage
So you could split the toslink - 1 to the DTV in and one to convertor, then to a different RCA input on the 2600 (so z2 can see it)

OR

b) Have you tried looping pre-out L/R back into a RCA/Analog input (such as CD)? I'm not sure how that may work. I have never actually used Zone 2, do you tell it what input to listen on? Can you say "Listen on CD in" which is getting signal from pre-out l/r fed by the signal going into DTV?

*edit: rereading your post, and I think trying to use one input (DTV for both RCA & toslink will be the issue).
post #2650 of 2656 Old 02-22-2012, 01:53 AM

connect my ps3 in to my rx v1600 and out to my tv... picture is green and strange ? any ideas. thanx
post #2651 of 2656 Old 03-05-2012, 02:37 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by domigreece View Post

connect my ps3 in to my rx v1600 and out to my tv... picture is green and strange ? any ideas. thanx

HDCP issue (High Definition Content Protection). Could be the HDMI cable, could be your TV, 1600 or the PS3... If you connect the PS3 directly to the TV, does it work? If so, the 1600 is failing to pass the HDCP handshake along to the TV in a way that the PS3 is 'happy' with.
post #2652 of 2656 Old 03-14-2012, 07:59 PM

Liked: 12
Does anybody know if the IR on the 2600 is single or dual band?
post #2653 of 2656 Old 04-10-2012, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by domigreece View Post

Sounds like your ps3 is set to 1080p output. IIRC, the rx-v1600/2600 max is 1080i. You might try setting the ps3 to output 1080i to see if that's the problem.

Hope that helps.

日本語の学生
post #2654 of 2656 Old 01-10-2014, 04:20 PM

Hi all. I am having trouble getting a lot of bass out of this receiver. I have to use pure direct mode to get most bass. I have Cerwin Vega VE12's so with 12" drivers I should be getting more bass. I am talking about stereo mode here. 5.1 playback is good. Any suggestions?
post #2655 of 2656 Old 02-25-2014, 08:32 PM

I meant to post this as a reply to this thread, but accidentally created a new one. Hopefully one of you RX-V guru's subscribed to this thread can help:

I have an RX-V1600 that I am using in my bedroom with the following connections:

RX-V1600 input set to CBL/SAT
WDTV Live - HDMI2 IN
Projector - HDMI OUT
Wireless headphones - headphone out

This was OK for a while, but now I'm tired of having to use headphones and don't want speakers all over the room. I have a YSP-600 sound bar that is collecting dust that fits perfectly on the fireplace mantle without looking out of place, and there is existing wiring in the wall there that I can use to fish an optical cable up to. My plan was to connect the YSP to the RX-V via optical and have the sound bar take care of virtual surround processing. Problem is, I get no sound at all when using either the MD or CD optical out ports on the RX-V1600. I can connect via the WDTV optical out, but I want the sound bar connected to the receiver for when I eventually add more components.

The manual is pretty vague when it comes to the optical outs, but at least it confirms that audio input via HDMI IN is channeled to the optical ports. Can anyone help me figure this out?
post #2656 of 2656 Old 02-28-2014, 12:52 PM

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by FFWD View Post

I meant to post this as a reply to this thread, but accidentally created a new one. Hopefully one of you RX-V guru's subscribed to this thread can help:

I have an RX-V1600 that I am using in my bedroom with the following connections:

RX-V1600 input set to CBL/SAT
WDTV Live - HDMI2 IN
Projector - HDMI OUT
Wireless headphones - headphone out

This was OK for a while, but now I'm tired of having to use headphones and don't want speakers all over the room. I have a YSP-600 sound bar that is collecting dust that fits perfectly on the fireplace mantle without looking out of place, and there is existing wiring in the wall there that I can use to fish an optical cable up to. My plan was to connect the YSP to the RX-V via optical and have the sound bar take care of virtual surround processing. Problem is, I get no sound at all when using either the MD or CD optical out ports on the RX-V1600. I can connect via the WDTV optical out, but I want the sound bar connected to the receiver for when I eventually add more components.

The manual is pretty vague when it comes to the optical outs, but at least it confirms that audio input via HDMI IN is channeled to the optical ports. Can anyone help me figure this out?

Try the images on page 21 of the manual. It shows on the left what is input. The one's on the right show what can accept from where. You may have to go into the menu to enable some of these. Those directions are on pages 81 to 83.
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page