Forum Jump: 

post #3061 of 4124 Old 09-10-2007, 08:10 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by gameling View Post

Thanks for the quick response. I have double checked all the settings you mentioned and no go. The cable works fine direct to the TV so I know the device is outputting the digital signal ok and the TV can receive it and convert it ok. I suspect my HDMI out is broken or there is some sort of strange handshake problem.

If you just connect the HDMI from the 2807 to the TV and press the System Setup button on the remote, do you see the setup screens?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3062 of 4124 Old 09-11-2007, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by userb View Post

If you just connect the HDMI from the 2807 to the TV and press the System Setup button on the remote, do you see the setup screens?

No, nothing is passing through.
post #3063 of 4124 Old 09-14-2007, 02:18 PM

Help me.
I purchased the KEF 3000s a week ago for use with a Denon 2807. I'm not a complete idiot when it comes to home theatre, but i admit the complexity of the denon receiver is a bit intimidating. I'm having trouble getting any bass out of the KEF system. I have read on the forums about adjusting the crossover frequency (some day i plan on learning what that is). Good news is i know how to do that... but it didn't make any noticeable adjustments to the bass being output. I know it's a setting issues... because when i do a test tone, you hear the subwoofer really crank out the bass. WHen watching a dvd however, there's basically no bass. Anyone have any advice on what i might be missing here?
post #3064 of 4124 Old 09-16-2007, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihateduke View Post

I have a really strange audio delay problem. The receiver audio from either the DVD or Cable Box is always a little bit behind the TV. So if you have the TV and Receiver speakers on, you hear an echo. I thought it was the TV and I just got a brand new one from Samsung: HL-T5076S. The problem is still there. I tried going from HDMI to Component Video/Digital Coax and it still had the echo.

I checked the Audio Delay feature and it's set to 0ms on the Denon. What I really need is an Audio SpeedUp feature. Has anyone seen this?

Also, I reset the whole Denon receiver and the problem is still there.

I am experiencing the exact same issue.

I called Crutchfield who I bought the 2807 from, but they were unable to help me. I'll put a call into Denon tomorrow when they're open.

What I'm wondering is the 2808 which is coming out this week and I have the option of swapping out the 2807 for, has HDMI 1.3, and part of it's spec includes "automatic audio syncing (Audio video sync) capability". Does anyone know of this would resolve this problem?
post #3065 of 4124 Old 09-16-2007, 05:41 PM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 751 Post(s)
Liked: 751
Why would you ever have the reciever and TV speakers on at the same time?

39TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3
LED DLP
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme

post #3066 of 4124 Old 09-16-2007, 05:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Liked: 94
The TV also has to have HDMI 1.3 and the automatic audio syncing feature which is optional.
post #3067 of 4124 Old 09-16-2007, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post

Why would you ever have the reciever and TV speakers on at the same time?

You wouldn't. I have my setup where I can have the audio go through the 2807, or bypass it and go directly to the TV speakers, which is what I use when the kids are watching TV (I really don't want the receiver & my subwoofer used when they're watching cartoons). It's possible when switching from one setup to the other that both will be on temporarily, hence the ability to detect the delay.
post #3068 of 4124 Old 09-16-2007, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary J View Post

The TV also has to have HDMI 1.3 and the automatic audio syncing feature which is optional.

In addition to Gary's comments, I'd also imagine that it would only synch the audio and video signals that are both passing through the same HDMI cable. If you have HDMI audio from cable to AVR and optical or analog audio from cable to TV, HDMI 1.3 wouldn't synch the two separate audio signals. How's is the video signal going to the TV when you have both tv and avr audio playing? Can you tell if the AVR audio is behind the video or if the TV audio is ahead of the video?
post #3069 of 4124 Old 09-17-2007, 08:22 AM

Question about SA8300 HD-DVR and HDMI. I remember reading somewhere that there was a problem with the Scientific Atlanta 8300 interfacing with the 2807 via HDMI. I'm currently using 'component' and 'digital' (rca cables). Does anyone know if this problem has been corrected? Will there be a significant difference in quality via HDMI? BTW, I'm on TWC. Thanks.
post #3070 of 4124 Old 09-17-2007, 11:48 AM

Hi,
Newbie.
I recently acquired the Denon 2807 and am having an issue with the auto set up feature:

when pressing "start" (after going through the appropriate menus) no action ie; no test tones are generated and the menu just goes to the next selection.

From reading the manual (ugh what a chore!) the only thing i could find was that the sound mode must be in DTS or Dolby digital for the setup process to work.

This unit was purchased as an open box item, but it still came with the 2yr Denon warranty as it was purchased from an authorized dealer. The only other item of note is that the set up mic is the DM-A405 and not the originally supplied DM-s205. I have read that the setup mics are calibrated for specific Denon models and am wondering if I need the DM-S205 in order for the auto/audesy. setup to function properly.

I did search through the threads here but didn't find an answer.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in Advance!

5thoffive
post #3071 of 4124 Old 09-17-2007, 12:01 PM

Are you pressing the left cursor button when you are at "start" (correct) or are you pressing the enter button when you are at "start" (incorrect)?
post #3072 of 4124 Old 09-17-2007, 12:46 PM

DOH!
I feel like a tard. Worked! Thanks a million.

5thoffive
post #3073 of 4124 Old 09-19-2007, 03:44 PM

Man...I've been reading threads until my eyes bleed and I can't find the solution so here goes:

4-1. HDMI In Assign

I've got Denon 1930CI connected to HDMI 1 in.
HDMI audio set
No Signal
1: EXT.IN (tried ANALOG too)

On the Denon 1930 I've set the audio to "bitstream",

I get no audio when playing music CDs.

Everything else works fine; Watch a DVD with audio no problem, just no audio when trying to listed to an audio CD. I have also made sure that AUTO was set when attempting this...

Mucho Thanks in Advance

Five
post #3074 of 4124 Old 09-19-2007, 05:00 PM

I'm thinking that it must be something on the DVD player side of things. If you have the 2807 set to "Auto" that's all you have to do on the receiver side. The settings below "No Signal" are for what audio to play if it doesn't get an audio signal from the HDMI connection.
post #3075 of 4124 Old 09-20-2007, 12:05 PM

I believe you were correct.

I'm not exactly sure what I did, but it's working now. Audio CD's playing nicely and movies as well. I suspect you are correct as I was tweaking setup menus on the 1930 when it occured.

Thanks for the response.

I'm just so happy to see this "one" cable HDMI solution actually working.

5thoffive
post #3076 of 4124 Old 09-20-2007, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5thoffive View Post

I'm just so happy to see this "one" cable HDMI solution actually working.

I think you would still need more cables if you wanted to play SACDs.
post #3077 of 4124 Old 09-20-2007, 05:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 13
Quote:

Now you've gone & ruined his night

-steve
My HT Setup - updated 12/25/2012
"...and all the science, I don't understand. It's just my job, five days a week."
post #3078 of 4124 Old 09-21-2007, 12:45 PM

Quote:

Yeah,

I read about that darn HDMI 1.1 spec and SACD stuff. But it's ok. I've not had the chance to listen to SACD. I would like to listen to one, but I've not found a local retailer that has them.
post #3079 of 4124 Old 10-01-2007, 08:02 AM

I just purchased the 2807 and set it up yesterday. I purchased a demo model and I'm having a few issues. I had to download an owners manual. Is there a place where I can find a "user friendly" manual?

Also, can I do a master reset of the remote (rc-1030)? I can't seem to get the remote to do much of anything except adust volume. Is there a manual for the remote?

I can't get the on screen display to work so I've been trying to do all of the settings from the display screen on the receiver.

Lastly, when I hooked everything up yesterday, all speakers and sub worked awesome. Later I was trying different features and now my sub won't work at all. The 2 fronts, 2 rears and center are working properly.

Any suggestions? I think it is a setting somewhere.

This is my very first home theater system and I'm very excited to get everything working properly.

Thanks
post #3080 of 4124 Old 10-01-2007, 10:14 AM

I have actually had this reciever for quite some time, but only found this thread recently. I always thought that my bass was really lacking with this reciever. After reading the first 40 pgs of this thread I decided to do a search for subwoofer and have gotten some really good tips. I have changed all speakers to 100hz, small, LFE+main selected...audessey had all at 80hz.

I have been wondering though what the controls (volume and crossover) on the subwoofer should be set to? Can anyone advise?

Thanks
post #3081 of 4124 Old 10-01-2007, 10:41 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cipdad View Post

I have been wondering though what the controls (volume and crossover) on the subwoofer should be set to? Can anyone advise? Thanks

The crossover should be off. If there's no off switch, set it to it's highest XO setting.
What sub do you have and what does the company recommend on volume?
David
post #3082 of 4124 Old 10-01-2007, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bikedorian View Post

The crossover should be off. If there's no off switch, set it to it's highest XO setting.
What sub do you have and what does the company recommend on volume?
David

The subwoofer is currently an inexpensive 10" Audiosource. It has been able to produce a significant amount of bass in the past. The volume is set at approx. 3/4 and the crossover is adjustable from 40hz to 180hz. I have it set to 180hz. The sub mfg. just indicates to use the volume control to match output so the sub blends with the other speakers.
It is connected to the SW terminal on the AVR.
post #3083 of 4124 Old 10-01-2007, 07:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by uwmad1 View Post

I just purchased the 2807 and set it up yesterday. I purchased a demo model and I'm having a few issues. I had to download an owners manual. Is there a place where I can find a "user friendly" manual?

There is no such thing, unfortunately. The downloaded manual is the same as the printed one. And, it sucks. I hate to tell you this, but you'll most likely have to spend the time figuring it out, and reading this thread for clarifications.

Quote:

Also, can I do a master reset of the remote (rc-1030)? I can't seem to get the remote to do much of anything except adust volume. Is there a manual for the remote?

Not that I know of, but I think you may just need to press one of the buttons on the remote in the gray shaded area labeled "amp", before trying to control the 2807. That puts the remote in "control the 2807" mode. Confusing??? Yes. But, when you try to do a function on the remote (press system setup, for example) one of the 3 buttons under"amp" should light up. If not, then the remote is not controlling the 2807. Just press any of those FIRST (putting the remote in the correct mode). Then you should be controlling the 2807. It's in the manual... but, we know that sucks

Quote:

I can't get the on screen display to work so I've been trying to do all of the settings from the display screen on the receiver.

Are you using HDMI to connect your video to your TV? If you are talking about on-screen volume, etc... that does NOT work over HDMI. The only "on-screen" display is the set up menu.

Quote:

Lastly, when I hooked everything up yesterday, all speakers and sub worked awesome. Later I was trying different features and now my sub won't work at all. The 2 fronts, 2 rears and center are working properly.

It sounds like you selected a speaker configuration that does not contain the SW output. Check your set up again. On the right hand side of the display, is the SW speaker illuminated? If so, then the 2807 thinks it's outputting to the SW. Check to see if your SW cable came loose. If not, then the 2807 is not outputting to the SW, and you'll have to go check speaker configuration in the set up menu, to see if your SW is enabled (see page 56).

Hope this helps!

-steve
"...and all the science, I don't understand. It's just my job, five days a week."
post #3084 of 4124 Old 10-02-2007, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevec325 View Post

There is no such thing, unfortunately. The downloaded manual is the same as the printed one. And, it sucks. I hate to tell you this, but you'll most likely have to spend the time figuring it out, and reading this thread for clarifications.

Not that I know of, but I think you may just need to press one of the buttons on the remote in the gray shaded area labeled "amp", before trying to control the 2807. That puts the remote in "control the 2807" mode. Confusing??? Yes. But, when you try to do a function on the remote (press system setup, for example) one of the 3 buttons under"amp" should light up. If not, then the remote is not controlling the 2807. Just press any of those FIRST (putting the remote in the correct mode). Then you should be controlling the 2807. It's in the manual... but, we know that sucks

Are you using HDMI to connect your video to your TV? If you are talking about on-screen volume, etc... that does NOT work over HDMI. The only "on-screen" display is the set up menu.

It sounds like you selected a speaker configuration that does not contain the SW output. Check your set up again. On the right hand side of the display, is the SW speaker illuminated? If so, then the 2807 thinks it's outputting to the SW. Check to see if your SW cable came loose. If not, then the 2807 is not outputting to the SW, and you'll have to go check speaker configuration in the set up menu, to see if your SW is enabled (see page 56).

Hope this helps!

Steve,

Thanks soo much for all of the info! I truly appreciate it! FYI, I don't know how to put quotes in here, sorry.

O.K. I will try your advice with the remote.

I am not using HDMI (cause I haven't been able to convince my wife to purchase an HD TV...at the moment I'm still using analog cable into a non-HD compatible TV.) I can't even get the set up menu to come up on the "on-screen display" which is my biggest obstacle at this time. Is it possible that I missed a connection to produce the "on screen display"? My brother said on his older Harmon Kardon receiver there is a dedicated slot for that.

After an hour of goofing around with it (including performing another auto set-up, which didn't help) I was somehow able to get my sub to start working again. I must have changed a setting, but I don't know which one.

Any additional suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
post #3085 of 4124 Old 10-02-2007, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaggy View Post

I am experiencing the exact same issue.

I called Crutchfield who I bought the 2807 from, but they were unable to help me. I'll put a call into Denon tomorrow when they're open.

What I'm wondering is the 2808 which is coming out this week and I have the option of swapping out the 2807 for, has HDMI 1.3, and part of it's spec includes "automatic audio syncing (Audio video sync) capability". Does anyone know of this would resolve this problem?

Lo and behold... The Onkyo 805 is not the only receiver with this issue. I think this a byproduct of any audio device that has any advance DSP algorithms. People have been complaining about the same thing on the newer high end Onkyos.

Moral of the story... nothing comes for free. Any advanced DSP system is going to introduce some amount of signal latentcy.
post #3086 of 4124 Old 10-02-2007, 02:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigW View Post

Lo and behold... The Onkyo 805 is not the only receiver with this issue. I think this a byproduct of any audio device that has any advance DSP algorithms. People have been complaining about the same thing on the newer high end Onkyos.

Moral of the story... nothing comes for free. Any advanced DSP system is going to introduce some amount of signal latentcy.

It was indicated in the Onkyo thread, that Onkyo communicated to Audyssey that the delay was caused by multiple DSP chips. Each chip will cause a 15 ms or so delay (but with one chip only it would not be noticeable). The Onkyo 805 and up has 3 DSP chips.

I assume the 2807 has 2 or 3 as well?
post #3087 of 4124 Old 10-02-2007, 03:34 PM

Never said Audyssey was the sole reason, but its a corellation. Again some on 805 claimed they had an echo between TV audio and receiver audio (receiver audio trailing the TV). Well its the same issue here.

My point is that we can't claim this issue only affects one manufacturer. MonkeyGoD only performed his tests on one brand. I don't believe this is solely an Onkyo issue. If a noticeable echo exists its probably on the same lines of the Onkyo delay.
post #3088 of 4124 Old 10-02-2007, 03:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigW View Post

Never said Audyssey was the sole reason, but its a corellation. Again some on 805 claimed they had an echo between TV audio and receiver audio (receiver audio trailing the TV). Well its the same issue here.

My point is that we can't claim this issue only affects one manufacturer. MonkeyGoD only performed his tests on one brand. I don't believe this is solely an Onkyo issue. If a noticeable echo exists its probably on the same lines of the Onkyo delay.

As I mentioned, I believe its a multiple DSP chip issue.
post #3089 of 4124 Old 10-02-2007, 06:46 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I am not using HDMI (cause I haven't been able to convince my wife to purchase an HD TV...at the moment I'm still using analog cable into a non-HD compatible TV.) I can't even get the set up menu to come up on the "on-screen display" which is my biggest obstacle at this time. Is it possible that I missed a connection to produce the "on screen display"? My brother said on his older Harmon Kardon receiver there is a dedicated slot for that.

OK, if you cannot get the set up menu to come on, you have some kind of connection problem. Tell me EXACTLY how you have your system cabled up. Start from the cable coming out of the wall. And what kind of outputs are on the cable box.

Quote:

After an hour of goofing around with it (including performing another auto set-up, which didn't help) I was somehow able to get my sub to start working again. I must have changed a setting, but I don't know which one.

Hard to tell what's going on without the set up menu on the TV. The display on the front of the AVR is difficult to navigate from.

-steve
post #3090 of 4124 Old 10-03-2007, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevec325 View Post

OK, if you cannot get the set up menu to come on, you have some kind of connection problem. Tell me EXACTLY how you have your system cabled up. Start from the cable coming out of the wall. And what kind of outputs are on the cable box.

Hard to tell what's going on without the set up menu on the TV. The display on the front of the AVR is difficult to navigate from.

My cable comes out of my wall and is connected to my VCR. It then goes to my TV. I don't have a cable box. I tried to hook a "video-out" from my VCR to "video-in" on my TV to see if I could pull up the on-screen display but that didn't work, ugh! I'm out of ideas.
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page