The "Official" Denon AVR-2807 Thread - Page 140 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 1Likes

post #4171 of 4171 Old Today, 01:15 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I replaced my non-HDMI TV with a Panasonic 3D TV. From a PS3, I used HDMI directly to the TV and an optical cable to the 2807. I don't used HDMI on the 2807.

I was thinking of replacing the PS3 with a Blu ray player (like Oppo BDP-103) with dual HDMI output. If I configure the Oppo HDMI as Split A/V where HDMI 1 goes to the TV for video, and HDMI 2 goes to HDMI input on the Denon 2807 for audio (having a dummy video stream), do I still need to connect an HDMI cable from the 2807 HDMI out to the TV in order to get sound? Currently, I only use component connection from 2807 to TV for Menu Setup.

I want to use HDMI audio so I can get lossless High Definition audio from the blu ray.

I don't like to use analog connections from the Oppo to the ext. in of the 2807 if it disables Audyssey.

I really like the Denon 2807, and I don't intend to replace it soon.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page