The "Official" Denon AVR-4306 Thread - Page 81 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #2401 of 2406 Old 02-07-2015, 07:31 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I think if you go back through this thread you might find a changelog. I would suggest not making the change as you're happy with what you have and haven't experienced problems. While the chance of bricking your receiver is small...why risk it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabooki View Post
I'm guessing I've have had my amp for probably 7 years now. Never bothered upgrading the firmware. Stumbled across this thread and I'm seeing lots of people posting about it. Judging from a recent post it looks like I can go straight to the 6.0.0.4 one from whatever I'm on now.

My question. Is it worth it? I'm really not experiencing any bugs or issues. Is there any audio improvements that would make upgrading worthwhile?

Seems like a minefield ridden buggy upgrade so if there is not much benefit unless I have a bug that get's fixed should I bother?

Thanks for any help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2402 of 2406 Old 02-07-2015, 07:38 AM

Phase Error Question...

We recently moved and I now have my home theater setup with the Denon 4306 in the back. I have three speakers M&K 150s under my screen, an M&K Subwoofer off to the viewer's left and two speakers M&K 150s in the back. I made the cables and checked them for continuity. When I read the Audyssey auto setup the receiver complained that the speakers were out of phase. I checked multiple times...they're not.

I didn't have this problem in the past, but the receiver was in a more traditional location (under the screen) then.

Any one have any idea why I'm getting this error? I skipped through it and everything sounds okay.

The only other difference is that I'm using one of the newer (little tower) Audyssey mics rather than the button which was lost in the move.
post #2403 of 2406 Old 03-26-2015, 04:57 PM

Liked: 16
Again the list of changes after upgrade up to 6.0.0.4 firmware:

* Main version update because off code bugs in the AVR-4306.
* Memory problems fixed for AVR-4306 can't remember serveral programmed stations etc.
* When several FM stations are programmed in the presets there occurs a
malfunction when you use PC Control or the AVR-4306.
* Improve the Transaction of Bass management setting.
* supporting the Audio Digital signal at PC resolution (SVGA,XGA,etc.) from the HDMI input with DVD-3930 or DVD-2930,
* when the customer connected the HDMI output of the source equipment which does not support HDCP
(High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection system) to the HDMI input of an AV amplifier, a picture is blinking.
* Improvement for the Web control.
* supporting the LPCM 7.1 ch digital signal form the HDMI input.
* supporting of the PC resolution (1600 x 1200, 60Hz max.) from the HDMI input.

You can grab firmware here: http://www.zoonsweb.nl/files/denon/AVR-4306/

DENON AVR-4306
Firmware: Main ver. 01.00, Sub ver. 00.50, DSP ver. 00.04.

DENON DVD-3930
Firmware: BE 8284-A, Make Day C09, DSP 8250, IP 070518
post #2404 of 2406 Old 06-28-2015, 05:26 PM

I am hoping someone can help me with a problem that has cropped up on my Denon AVR-4306 receiver.

Last week we lost audio on the DVD player. It was a low end Samsung. I did a little investigation and thought, since it was old, that the DVD player may have gone bad. I replaced it with another similar DVD player, low end ( but now has BluRay!), but still no audio. The problem is I can't get audio working despite all my efforts!

Here is my setup:

Input:
HDMI-1: DVD
HDMI-2: DirecTV box
HDMI-3: Apple TV

Output: HDMI cable to Sony TV.

Sound/picture from Apple TV and DirecTV are fine.

I have:
- replaced DVD player
- tried another brand new HDMI cable from DVD player to HDMI-1 input
- Unconfigured the Apple TV and put the DVD player on HDMI-3 (re-setup in Denon Setup, again video fine no audio, yet audio/video are fine on HDMI-3 input with Apple TV)
- Added a Coax cable from DVD player to Denon, and setup the input audio to come from that coax input (I think I might have read this won't work because it won't send Coax audio to the HDMI output to the TV though, this may have been bogus attempt)
- tried about 4 different DVDs
- checked to make sure there were no audio settings with volume or mute on both DVDs, and made sure mute was not on, on the Denon.

So I have basically replaced the DVD player, DVDs, HDMI cable, and tried two different ports (coax and HDMI) to figure out what was no longer working, with no luck. IT's like the audio is being suppressed from the DVD player for some reason. Did some technology change happen that DVD players' audio no longer works?

Does anyone have any ideas? I am lost what could be failing as I feel I have replaced everything that matters.

Thanks!
post #2405 of 2406 Old 06-29-2015, 06:41 AM
585-645-1006

Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
Quoted: 4411 Post(s)
Liked: 2372
^^
Does the DVD player pass audio/video when connected directly to the TV? Try powering off the AVR and unplugging the power cord for 10 minutes.

------------------
"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; http://shop.avscience.com/ Call for sales info --> 585-645-1006 

Daily - 8am to 8pm EST
AVScience sells Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Pioneer, Onkyo, Def Tech, Oppo, and more
** Think the AVR is defective?  Reset the microprocessor 5 times. 
post #2406 of 2406 Old 06-29-2015, 07:41 AM

I updated the firmware and the audio is back! Not sure why that would have been required - uit wasn't like there was a new DVD or something - it just stopped working. Oh well, it works now!
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Denon Avr 4306b 7 1 Ch Home Theater Multimedia A V Receiver Black
Gear in this thread - 4306b by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page