The "Official" Denon AVR-4306 Thread - Page 81 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
post #2401 of 2403 Old 02-07-2015, 07:31 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I think if you go back through this thread you might find a changelog. I would suggest not making the change as you're happy with what you have and haven't experienced problems. While the chance of bricking your receiver is small...why risk it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabooki View Post
I'm guessing I've have had my amp for probably 7 years now. Never bothered upgrading the firmware. Stumbled across this thread and I'm seeing lots of people posting about it. Judging from a recent post it looks like I can go straight to the 6.0.0.4 one from whatever I'm on now.

My question. Is it worth it? I'm really not experiencing any bugs or issues. Is there any audio improvements that would make upgrading worthwhile?

Seems like a minefield ridden buggy upgrade so if there is not much benefit unless I have a bug that get's fixed should I bother?

Thanks for any help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2402 of 2403 Old 02-07-2015, 07:38 AM

Liked: 10
Phase Error Question...

We recently moved and I now have my home theater setup with the Denon 4306 in the back. I have three speakers M&K 150s under my screen, an M&K Subwoofer off to the viewer's left and two speakers M&K 150s in the back. I made the cables and checked them for continuity. When I read the Audyssey auto setup the receiver complained that the speakers were out of phase. I checked multiple times...they're not.

I didn't have this problem in the past, but the receiver was in a more traditional location (under the screen) then.

Any one have any idea why I'm getting this error? I skipped through it and everything sounds okay.

The only other difference is that I'm using one of the newer (little tower) Audyssey mics rather than the button which was lost in the move.
post #2403 of 2403 Unread Today, 04:57 PM

Liked: 15
Again the list of changes after upgrade up to 6.0.0.4 firmware:

* Main version update because off code bugs in the AVR-4306.
* Memory problems fixed for AVR-4306 can't remember serveral programmed stations etc.
* When several FM stations are programmed in the presets there occurs a
malfunction when you use PC Control or the AVR-4306.
* Improve the Transaction of Bass management setting.
* supporting the Audio Digital signal at PC resolution (SVGA,XGA,etc.) from the HDMI input with DVD-3930 or DVD-2930,
* when the customer connected the HDMI output of the source equipment which does not support HDCP
(High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection system) to the HDMI input of an AV amplifier, a picture is blinking.
* Improvement for the Web control.
* supporting the LPCM 7.1 ch digital signal form the HDMI input.
* supporting of the PC resolution (1600 x 1200, 60Hz max.) from the HDMI input.

You can grab firmware here: http://www.zoonsweb.nl/files/denon/AVR-4306/

DENON AVR-4306
Firmware: Main ver. 01.00, Sub ver. 00.50, DSP ver. 00.04.

DENON DVD-3930
Firmware: BE 8284-A, Make Day C09, DSP 8250, IP 070518
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Denon Avr 4306b 7 1 Ch Home Theater Multimedia A V Receiver Black
Gear in this thread - 4306b by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page