5Likes

post #30331 of 43028 Old 10-02-2010, 12:35 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Pariseau View Post

Download the ARC V3.0 install kit. Unzipped it. Copy the pair of licensing/calibration files from your original ARC install disc to the downloaded stuff in the same folder as the Setup.Exe (installer) program.

Run Setup.Exe to install the new ARC Windows application. Reboot your PC.

Do a new ARC setup using the new app.

That's it.

Expect better bass and better mid-range correction.
--Bob

Thanks Bob. My 2.0.1 corrected curves (green solid line) are already fitting the target curves (blue dotted line) nicely. Also the curves submitted by users recently with new arc are similar to curves with old arc. So, any ideas on what is contributing to better bass and better mid-range with 3.0? And what what do you find better about it (realizing your is subjective, or course)? Thanks again.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #30332 of 43028 Old 10-02-2010, 01:36 PM
Read the FAQ!

Quoted: 251 Post(s)
Liked: 847
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spridle1 View Post

Thanks Bob. My 2.0.1 corrected curves (green solid line) are already fitting the target curves (blue dotted line) nicely. Also the curves submitted by users recently with new arc are similar to curves with old arc. So, any ideas on what is contributing to better bass and better mid-range with 3.0? And what what do you find better about it (realizing your is subjective, or course)? Thanks again.

It probably has something to do with Quantum.

Or possibly Magic.

They biased the allocation of resources more fully to the bass and low mid-range, and also got a bit more aggressive about supporting both the low and high end of subwoofers -- in particular, sub output below 25Hz for subs that can handle that.

When you do the ARC V3.0 setup, you'll likely see changes in the Target curves, as well as a good fit in the corrected results.

Also, if your current ARC is really as old as V2.0 then there have been bug fixes since then.
--Bob

Anthem D2/D2v/AVM50/AVM50v/ARC1 tweaking guide. -- Need personal consultation/training? PM me!
post #30333 of 43028 Old 10-02-2010, 02:17 PM

Hello All,
Just read that PBK v2.0 is on the Anthem site (Haven't checked yet) Question is if I install v2.0 over beta 1.06, for my Sub1, will I have to remeasure with my current v3.0 ARC file? Thanks for your time , John Fricano.
post #30334 of 43028 Old 10-02-2010, 02:24 PM
3no

Hello, everyone. I've been off this thread for a while, but now that ARC 3.0 is released I'm back looking for advice.

After installing ARC 3.0 I set the D2 noise level (to +3.5dB) and the sub's volume by following the recommended procedure (reproduced below). Ran thru the ARC procedure and came up with charts that were weren't bad, but the curves for all non-sub speakers were centered around 60dB.

Any ideas on what I might be doing wrong?

--------------------------------

Bob's recommended procedure which I followed:

Go into Setup > Level Calibration and zero out all lines. Set test mode to Manual in the first line. Drop down to Test Level -- the test noise will be coming from the LF speaker. Adjust the Test Level line to yield 75dB SPL measured at ARC mic position #1.

Do this with your trusty Radio Shack SPL meter -- set to "Slow" response and "C" weighting. Hold it arm's length, pointing straight up, at seated ear height but not adjacent to a reflective surface like a seat back.

Once you have adjusted Test Level, leave that line at that setting. Scroll down to a subwoofer line. Leave that line at 0dB, and instead adjust the volume control built into your subwoofer to once again achieve 75dB SPL measured the same way.
post #30335 of 43028 Old 10-02-2010, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J. FRICANO View Post

Hello All,
Just read that PBK v2.0 is on the Anthem site (Haven't checked yet) Question is if I install v2.0 over beta 1.06, for my Sub1, will I have to remeasure with my current v3.0 ARC file? Thanks for your time , John Fricano.

1 more question. Is full release ARC v3.0 identical to beta v3.0, or should I replace it? Thanks again, John.
post #30336 of 43028 Old 10-02-2010, 03:45 PM

Liked: 15
Installed ARC 3.0 over the top of what I had being the latest non beta (before 3.0. This is the result see attached results.

Not sure if this is an improvement over before, I changed the centre to 80hz to match the mains but left the rears to 95hz and it followed the target curve closer than setting to 80hz. sub set to 80hz and i increased gain to 2.5 from .5 as set by ARC.

I will probably do it again as a slight weird sound was coming from the rear left surround again when the test sweep came through, can only be described as a vibrating sound but it's not from the room sounds like it's from the tone itself. The speaker is located right next to a heavy curtain. I got this same sound when i first did ARC but found I was missing a file (was the RecalibrationData.CAL) which I fixed and redid the cal and the sound went away.
When installing 3.0 over a previous version is there anything else you have to do? Also do you have to reset the speaker trims to "0" again before redoing the calibration or does ARC get turned off when you perform another ARC? Sorry if this has been asked before. Oh and on a side note i didn't reboot the pc before doing the cal with 3.0. Looks like I will be redoing it as I just read the post above that Bob posted about rebooting, maybe that sound I mentioned will go when I do this
LL
LL
LL
post #30337 of 43028 Old 10-02-2010, 04:36 PM
Advanced Member

I am going to install on Sunday. I hope this brings my volume levels back to normal.
post #30338 of 43028 Old 10-02-2010, 06:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:

1 more question. Is full release ARC v3.0 identical to beta v3.0, or should I replace it? Thanks again, John.

They are identical.
John

Jayray
Read the FAQs
post #30339 of 43028 Old 10-02-2010, 06:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Hello All,

If you upload your new measurement using PBK v2.0, you definitely need to remeasure with ARC v3.0. A lot has changed in these two versions so remeasure. PBK is on the paradigm site not anthem.
John

Jayray
Read the FAQs
post #30340 of 43028 Old 10-02-2010, 11:55 PM

Liked: 15
Redid a 6 position Calibration with 3.0 here are the results. Any comments would be appreciated to improve things or leave as is? I changed the crossovers to 80hz for all speakers and adjusted the gain to 2.0 from .56 something. ARC Set my speakers to 75hz for the fronts, 95hz for the centre and rears and 120hz for the subwoofer before I made the changes.
LL
LL
LL
post #30341 of 43028 Old 10-02-2010, 11:59 PM

Liked: 11
Hello again,

I managed to understand how this tool works and found the relation between the scale it uses for the Gamma curves and the ones in use in my calibration software.
Still the software never finishes a Load procedure by itself. I almost always have to abort the Load command myself, eventually to find out that the modifications I have made have been loaded (or have they?).
Anyway because of the lack of acknowledgment on the software or the D2v part I am in doubt.
Is the curve loaded correctly? did I mess something up in the video settings?
I need your help here.

Thanks
post #30342 of 43028 Old 10-03-2010, 02:13 AM

Hello,

I installed the ARC 3.0 yesterday, and it's playing great. However, my levels are on the 64 db, not 75db. Ok, just to adjust the level calibration I thought. Well, I cannot get it higher than -15db. It will not move upwards, only go down. Any ideas anyone? Do I have to reset the whole machine?

Just for fun, I attached the graphs.

erikno
LL
post #30343 of 43028 Old 10-03-2010, 05:51 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by erikno View Post

Hello,

I installed the ARC 3.0 yesterday, and it's playing great. However, my levels are on the 64 db, not 75db. Ok, just to adjust the level calibration I thought. Well, I cannot get it higher than -15db. It will not move upwards, only go down. Any ideas anyone? Do I have to reset the whole machine?

erikno

Your graph looks excellent. Not sure how to fix vol level. Does this affect loudness when playing material?
John

Jayray
Read the FAQs
post #30344 of 43028 Old 10-03-2010, 06:18 AM

ARC 3.0 picks a Reference Level Offset of -1. Does that have any real meaning in terms of the correction? Why would it correct to 74 as opposed to 75?
post #30345 of 43028 Old 10-03-2010, 06:35 AM
AVS Club Gold

I would appreciate any input from you guys that know what you're doing. I usually figure this stuff out pretty quickly but, for some reason I'm having a hard time with ARC. I don't have as much time to dedicate to this stuff as I used to..... My problem may lie in the fact that I'm using an Axiom A1400-8 amp. I've read that a lot of people have had problems with Audyssey as I did also with an 80.1 and Pro. I have to trim the Test Level to -10.0dB to get it SPL to 75!! I have run ARC 3.0 twice and my bass is weak as pond water. I am using two JL f113s?? Anyway here are my charts. BTW, I'm using Def Tech 7001s for fronts and ARC is setting the crossover to 140! Thanks for your help.
LL
LL
LL

Steve
post #30346 of 43028 Old 10-03-2010, 06:35 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dweltman View Post

ARC 3.0 picks a Reference Level Offset of -1. Does that have any real meaning in terms of the correction? Why would it correct to 74 as opposed to 75?

I have done many measurements with v3.0 and it is hit or miss whether I get 75dB. It fluctuates from 68-75 with no audible difference. Right now it's 75, and nothing in my room or in how I measure, has changed. That's why I ask, does it sound louder or softer with a certain master vol. level. If it doesn't, I wouldn't worry about it.

Jayray
Read the FAQs
post #30347 of 43028 Old 10-03-2010, 06:53 AM

I wish we had more info about what ARC "actually does".

1) When you do the 5 measurements, you are presumably getting info about the off-axis response of your speakers, but ARC is only showing you one curve. Is this the on-axis response? Or some combo of on- and off-axis response?

2) The recommendation of 5K is an interesting one. Several of us have commented about what we believe to be inaccurate measurements in the treble, while others, including Bob, believe they are getting accurate measurements up there. Why isn't the recommendation to stop correcting at 500k or so, which would theoretically be the transition frequency? Is using Room EQ to correct speaker response in the midrange a good idea?
post #30348 of 43028 Old 10-03-2010, 07:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erikno View Post

Hello,

erikno

Erikno,
Go to Setup item 10 ( Volumes/Path Names ) and increase item c ( Main Max Volume ). I believe it is now set to -15dB. Simply increase it, say, to 0dB or higher.

Ben
post #30349 of 43028 Old 10-03-2010, 07:49 AM

Thank you very much John, I kind of figured as much so I did both. What a sustantial improvement! This is really sounding GREAT! Thanks again, John F
post #30350 of 43028 Old 10-03-2010, 09:10 AM

First post here in this exhausting....but great thread..... I just got my D2v one month back....So this is the first time I have used hdmi to carry the sound. My prior Rotel rsp 1098 used Digital coax. All sounds amazingly good....and I just updated both the D2V and the arc to the current software versions. My question is this. I am experimenting with the arc, but have yet to turn it on, just because I have not devoted enough attention to set it up fully. This occurs when playing BD only. Levels are set up to 75db using the internal test tone.....Double checked with video essentials dvd....all clear. Subwoofer is a B&W asw4000.....BD player is a peasant Sony bdp-s350....I know...I know....waiting to hear from either of the new Denon`s....or jumping on the ever so popular oppo-83. When playing a BD only..( does not occur when playing regular dvd)... During a high LFE part of the movie........ I am rattling the room to pieces from the B&W.......So bad in fact....to the point that I have to turn the lfe down about 6 db...on the d2v. I have checked the d2v`s menu for any bass boost.....cant find any....and again it only occurs during BD....and same player did not do this with the rotel. So it must be native to the hdmi circuit. I have read that some players boost the lfe during hdmi bd playback....but my little player does not have any settings to denote such......But I have a feeling that it is the culprit here......Front bp7000 sc set to large.....center clr3000 to large as well...... all four surrounds to small.
Thanks

Erling
post #30351 of 43028 Old 10-03-2010, 10:10 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by benleeys View Post

Erikno,
Go to Setup item 10 ( Volumes/Path Names ) and increase item c ( Main Max Volume ). I believe it is now set to -15dB. Simply increase it, say, to 0dB or higher.

Ben

That was going to be my suggestion too. However, I would increase Main Max Volume to +10 just in case you have to increase the test tone level to something over 0.0 Also, make sure you save user/installer settings after you do this.
post #30352 of 43028 Old 10-03-2010, 10:39 AM
Read the FAQ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebrabaek View Post

First post here in this exhausting....but great thread..... I just got my D2v one month back....So this is the first time I have used hdmi to carry the sound. My prior Rotel rsp 1098 used Digital coax. All sounds amazingly good....and I just updated both the D2V and the arc to the current software versions. My question is this. I am experimenting with the arc, but have yet to turn it on, just because I have not devoted enough attention to set it up fully. This occurs when playing BD only. Levels are set up to 75db using the internal test tone.....Double checked with video essentials dvd....all clear. Subwoofer is a B&W asw4000.....BD player is a peasant Sony bdp-s350....I know...I know....waiting to hear from either of the new Denon`s....or jumping on the ever so popular oppo-83. When playing a BD only..( does not occur when playing regular dvd)... During a high LFE part of the movie........ I am rattling the room to pieces from the B&W.......So bad in fact....to the point that I have to turn the lfe down about 6 db...on the d2v. I have checked the d2v`s menu for any bass boost.....cant find any....and again it only occurs during BD....and same player did not do this with the rotel. So it must be native to the hdmi circuit. I have read that some players boost the lfe during hdmi bd playback....but my little player does not have any settings to denote such......But I have a feeling that it is the culprit here......Front DT7000 sc set to large.....center clr3000 to large as well...... all four surrounds to small.
Thanks

Erling

Odds are you just need to do your ARC setup. Your sub probably has a room resonance at about 50 Hz or so that your SPL meter is not hearing when you run the test tones. Subs can produce substantial output below the frequencies the SPL meter will pick up and if the sub output is not "flat" the SPL reading can be misleading.

When you play Blu-Ray discs into the Rotel via Optical, you are getting the lossy compatibility audio tracks, even though you have a high bit rate track selected on the disc (e.g. TrueHD or DTS-HD MA). Optical won't carry those because it has no copy protection. It is common for the high bit rate tracks to have more aggressive dynamics in the LFE.

In addition, go into Setup > Source Setup and make sure you have Dolby Volume OFF for every Source. Once you have your audio working the way you like, then you can go back and experiment with Dolby Volume if you like. Apparently Dolby wants Anthem to set it to ON in the factory defaults, so turning it OFF is something you need to do yourself.

Finally, make sure you don't have any of the "temporary" level adjustments active -- the ones you can set using the small buttons on the remote. To clear all of those in one go, enter Setup and:

1) Save User Settings
2) Reload Factory Defaults. If you lose video, continue via the Front Panel display.
3) Reload Saved User Settings

The temporary level settings are not saved, so this resets all of them.

After you get the LFE level correct, look for a subwoofer buzz/rattle test on your calibration discs. This will run a bass sweep through the sub. You start with low volume and work up in volume to find and eliminate anything in your room that buzzes or rattles at various bass frequencies.
--Bob

Anthem D2/D2v/AVM50/AVM50v/ARC1 tweaking guide. -- Need personal consultation/training? PM me!
post #30353 of 43028 Old 10-03-2010, 10:46 AM
Read the FAQ!

Quote:

I wish we had more info about what ARC "actually does".

1) When you do the 5 measurements, you are presumably getting info about the off-axis response of your speakers, but ARC is only showing you one curve. Is this the on-axis response? Or some combo of on- and off-axis response?

2) The recommendation of 5K is an interesting one. Several of us have commented about what we believe to be inaccurate measurements in the treble, while others, including Bob, believe they are getting accurate measurements up there. Why isn't the recommendation to stop correcting at 500k or so, which would theoretically be the transition frequency? Is using Room EQ to correct speaker response in the midrange a good idea?

The red Measured curve is a simple, unweighted average of the data recorded for the set of mic positions for each speaker.

When ARC builds its solution, it knows how that will be implemented in the D2v and builds a mathematical model of that in the PC as well. As best I can figure out, the green Calculated curve is simply the result of passing the red Measured curve through that model.

As such the red and green curves don't represent what's happening at any given mic position.

In terms of the Measurements, you can use the new "Quick Measure" tool in the ARC application to see how the mic's Measured curve varies as you move the mic around for any given speaker. You can mentally average these to get a feel for what the red Measured curve will do when you run the normal ARC setup. For example, when you are using Quick Measure to position the sub, you can find candidate positions that look good using mic position #1, and then move the mic around to see how much variation you get. The ideal sub position will have good, uniform response at all mic positions, but of course that's tough to achieve, so you work to get it close to that ideal and then ARC takes it from there.

------------------------------------------

I think mid range correction is a good idea, but of course the proof is in what you hear.
--Bob

post #30354 of 43028 Old 10-03-2010, 10:49 AM
Read the FAQ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtrips View Post

Hello again,

I managed to understand how this tool works and found the relation between the scale it uses for the Gamma curves and the ones in use in my calibration software.
Still the software never finishes a Load procedure by itself. I almost always have to abort the Load command myself, eventually to find out that the modifications I have made have been loaded (or have they?).
Anyway because of the lack of acknowledgment on the software or the D2v part I am in doubt.
Is the curve loaded correctly? did I mess something up in the video settings?
I need your help here.

Thanks

Give Anthem tech support a call. They might have some clue as to what's impacting your serial communications to the D2v.

If you have another computer to use, transfer the file to it and try uploading from that one.

If you are using RS-232 for remote control (e.g., Crestron), be sure to reset the RS-232 stuff in Setup back to the normal defaults before using Anthem's PC applications. See the picture of that menu in the Manual.

ALSO, there are very few people posting here on their experiences using the Custom Gamma Correction stuff available in Live Video Settings Editor. In fact the last person who wrote this up was, I believe, using a D2! So it would be helpful to others if you could write up what you did and what you learned. Tricks like the conversion factor you just mentioned for example.
--Bob

post #30355 of 43028 Old 10-03-2010, 10:56 AM
Read the FAQ!

Quote:

We are still trying to figure that out. If you find an answer, please post it.

One suggestion is that ARC is biasing the preset target calibration level (e.g., 75dB) according to the lowest dip it finds in the main speakers. (The theory being it is always better to cut peaks than to boost dips when doing corrections.) But I find it hard to believe a 1dB change would be useful if that's the case.
--Bob

post #30356 of 43028 Old 10-03-2010, 11:02 AM
Read the FAQ!

For folks who like the Oppo Blu-Ray players, be advised that Oppo has let slip that there is a new BDP-93 coming, and possibly even a BDP-95. Apparently the 93 may ship before the end of the year. The current BDP-80 and BDP-83 models are already "discontinued". The BDP-83SE model is still in production.

Oppo is busy fending off requests for more details. But what's leaked so far is being discussed in the Blu-Ray Players forum here.

(I am a Beta tester for Oppo products, but I can't disclose anything they have not already made public beyond that fact.)
--Bob

post #30357 of 43028 Old 10-03-2010, 01:52 PM

Quote:

For folks who like the Oppo Blu-Ray players, be advised that Oppo has let slip that there is a new BDP-93 coming, and possibly even a BDP-95. Apparently the 93 may ship before the end of the year. The current BDP-80 and BDP-83 models are already "discontinued". The BDP-83SE model is still in production.

Oppo is busy fending off requests for more details. But what's leaked so far is being discussed in the Blu-Ray Players forum here.

(I am a Beta tester for Oppo products, but I can't disclose anything they have not already made public beyond that fact.)
--Bob

Guys,

You can read more about the new Oppo here -

http://www.audioholics.com/reviews/t...ay/oppo-bdp-93

Ben
post #30358 of 43028 Old 10-03-2010, 02:39 PM

Quote:

Odds are you just need to do your ARC setup. Your sub probably has a room resonance at about 50 Hz or so that your SPL meter is not hearing when you run the test tones. Subs can produce substantial output below the frequencies the SPL meter will pick up and if the sub output is not "flat" the SPL reading can be misleading.
I tried that.....It does not make any difference with or without the arc.......Room is rattled to pieces....And I can tollerate bass.....But this is almost like alfe boost

When you play Blu-Ray discs into the Rotel via Optical, you are getting the lossy compatibility audio tracks, even though you have a high bit rate track selected on the disc (e.g. TrueHD or DTS-HD MA). Optical won't carry those because it has no copy protection. It is common for the high bit rate tracks to have more aggressive dynamics in the LFE.
I actually used digital coax....But your right.....This is my first experience with lossless....in either dts or dd format....and I must say I`m very impressed.

In addition, go into Setup > Source Setup and make sure you have Dolby Volume OFF for every Source. Once you have your audio working the way you like, then you can go back and experiment with Dolby Volume if you like. Apparently Dolby wants Anthem to set it to ON in the factory defaults, so turning it OFF is something you need to do yourself.
Your not kidding.... That was one of the first things I did.....Again ...after the new software upload....It was reset again. You wonder what they were thinking....

Finally, make sure you don't have any of the "temporary" level adjustments active -- the ones you can set using the small buttons on the remote. To clear all of those in one go, enter Setup and:

1) Save User Settings
2) Reload Factory Defaults. If you lose video, continue via the Front Panel display.
3) Reload Saved User Settings

The temporary level settings are not saved, so this resets all of them.
Yep...all done like you said....

After you get the LFE level correct, look for a subwoofer buzz/rattle test on your calibration discs. This will run a bass sweep through the sub. You start with low volume and work up in volume to find and eliminate anything in your room that buzzes or rattles at various bass frequencies.
--Bob

I first sat the levels with my spl meter at 75db....then the rattle test without the arc was a little elevated below 30 hz....... But this is sort of a mega boost of around 6db....perhaps as high as 8db..... Only on BD.....same player on dvd.....no boost...... The cheapo 3Sony 350 was an early player, and I am suspecting that it has a lfe boost when playing bd`s. The sound from this d2v is astonishing....with or without the arc...... If I can just get that crazy boost off..... I`m thinking a new player at the end of this year....... I dont think it`s a setting in the d2v.....since it`s native to either loss less format only. I think that if something was missed in the d2v setup....it would show when same player run a standard dvd......

Erling
post #30359 of 43028 Old 10-03-2010, 02:53 PM

Quote:

Give Anthem tech support a call. They might have some clue as to what's impacting your serial communications to the D2v.

If you have another computer to use, transfer the file to it and try uploading from that one.

If you are using RS-232 for remote control (e.g., Crestron), be sure to reset the RS-232 stuff in Setup back to the normal defaults before using Anthem's PC applications. See the picture of that menu in the Manual.

ALSO, there are very few people posting here on their experiences using the Custom Gamma Correction stuff available in Live Video Settings Editor. In fact the last person who wrote this up was, I believe, using a D2! So it would be helpful to others if you could write up what you did and what you learned. Tricks like the conversion factor you just mentioned for example.
--Bob

With pleasure! If i can contribute to this forum for once instead of leeching I'll gladly do it.

Actually it is simpler than i thought. The only glitch as i described it is a very hectic connection through RS-232. I am using a USB-to-COM adapter though but who doesn't nowadays, since all the COM ports have disappeared from laptops? So for the connection i will check with Anthem.

About what it does...
You can build 2 different custom Gamma curves, apart from the more standard exponent ones.
The custom 1 has an effect on the known exponential curve, so you can add or lower luminance at certain points (IRE). Now the graph is not graduated in IREs for some reason that I will have to ask but in fact they match, I mean 50IRE is around the 500 on the graph.
The tool is pretty clumsy so it trial and error but on the other hand it is very effective and the result was very impressive.
My projector is an Epson 9500UB and when using a high light output preset the Gamma is pretty distorted. And my proj settings were off limits.
Thanks to the d2v I managed to get an almost flat response at 2.4 which is what i needed.

The custom 2 is much more extensive since it has an effect on the RGB or Grayscale balance. Note that you can use either Custom 1 or 2 for each output, not both.
The principle is the same. Each color has its curve and you can fine tune the correction to incredible lengths.
If only the tool was more "mature" that would unleash incredible possibilities.
For example my proj has flaws inherent to its place on the market. It has good performances if you don't push it too much. But if like me you need more light or better contrast then you start to see its limits. For every important setting in a calibration you might be off limits. This is where a powerful video processor can help.

I hope this helped. I will keep on inquiring about this tool i think.
post #30360 of 43028 Old 10-03-2010, 03:17 PM
Read the FAQ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebrabaek View Post

I first sat the levels with my spl meter at 75db....then the rattle test without the arc was a little elevated below 30 hz....... But this is sort of a mega boost of around 6db....perhaps as high as 8db..... Only on BD.....same player on dvd.....no boost...... The cheapo 3Sony 350 was an early player, and I am suspecting that it has a lfe boost when playing bd`s. The sound from this d2v is astonishing....with or without the arc...... If I can just get that crazy boost off..... I`m thinking a new player at the end of this year....... I dont think it`s a setting in the d2v.....since it`s native to either loss less format only. I think that if something was missed in the d2v setup....it would show when same player run a standard dvd......

Erling

Post your ARC charts and we can see if anything strange is going on. It could be the player I suppose although I don't recall a complaint like that. The common fault in players is LFE too low.

Remember that you must have Room EQ ON for each Source to enable ARC. And Save your User/Installer settings after an ARC Upload so you can't accidentally undo that Upload.

Get the AIX audio calibration Blu-Ray and you can test whether LFE from TrueHD and DTS-HD MA tracks is being handled correctly by the player. Use your SPL meter for that; if the player has it wrong it will be wrong for all LFE frequencies so the meter will be a reliable test of that.

If the player can both Bitstream those tracks and decode them to LPCM try both. Perhaps the problem only happens one way.
--Bob

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Receivers Amplifiers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page