post #32311 of 42998 Old 02-04-2011, 05:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by usxplong View Post

Don't forget my chart that is as good as yours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayray View Post

If I'm not mistaken, don't we both have sub 25s?
John

Well, I don't have a sub 25; but, I would say that my Velodyne DD-18 is not to shabby.
LL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32312 of 42998 Old 02-04-2011, 05:38 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninja12 View Post

Well, I don't have a sub 25; but, I would say that my Velodyne DD-18 is not to shabby.

Way to go guys, now I have 2 more subs to order to see if 4 will give me a better graph.

Anthem Statement D2v3D, Paradigm Sub 2, Paradigm S8s with C5, Anthem Statement M1 Amps, 174" AT Scope Screen, Epson 6010 3D Projector
post #32313 of 42998 Old 02-04-2011, 06:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninja12 View Post

The club is getting larger
John

Jayray
Read the FAQs
post #32314 of 42998 Old 02-04-2011, 06:23 PM

Liked: 10
Is ARC 3.01 the same for all preamp processors. I have the D2v but cannot download if from that link (it's broken and doesn't work..I reported it to Anthem today). However, I can download ARC 3.01 via the AVM 50 linik. I assume it's the same software so can be used for the D2V? Does anybody know? Much appreciated.
post #32315 of 42998 Old 02-04-2011, 06:44 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MStanic View Post

Is ARC 3.01 the same for all preamp processors. I have the D2v but cannot download if from that link (it's broken and doesn't work..I reported it to Anthem today). However, I can download ARC 3.01 via the AVM 50 linik. I assume it's the same software so can be used for the D2V? Does anybody know? Much appreciated.

Yes it works for all pre/pros and receivers.
John

Jayray
Read the FAQs
post #32316 of 42998 Old 02-04-2011, 06:56 PM
Advanced Member

Just a note that I received my March edition of the Home Theater Magazine and they have a review of the new Anthem MRX 700 Receiver but the review of the D2v is still in the works????

Anthem Statement D2v3D, Paradigm Sub 2, Paradigm S8s with C5, Anthem Statement M1 Amps, 174" AT Scope Screen, Epson 6010 3D Projector
post #32317 of 42998 Old 02-04-2011, 07:19 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by studlygoorite View Post

Just a note that I received my March edition of the Home Theater Magazine and they have a review of the new Anthem MRX 700 Receiver but the review of the D2v is still in the works????

On the MRX thread they summarized some of the highlights.
John

Jayray
Read the FAQs
post #32318 of 42998 Old 02-04-2011, 09:49 PM

Just after some help / feedback. I've had the D2v for 3 days now and its not quite right:

1. Rear surround did not work until I re-flashed the firmware
2. Getting video corruption around 10% of the time when the unit is first turned on. This causes corruption of red colours and once it occurs it does not matter what resolution the screen is on, it does not clear on a restart (full or into standby) but takes between 2-10 minutes to ‘clear’ and the display comes back to normal.
3. Just a bit ‘buggy’, the onscreen menu is shown most of the time, but not consistently and a few odd behaviours.

Is this a back to dealer situation? I borrowed a unit from the dealer before I bought and I didnt have these issues then....

Thanks

Update – the picture corrected itself and then about an hour into watching TV started degrading again. Again the reds became pixelated. Time didn’t sort this out. I swapped the HDMI out from 1 to 2 and this has solved the problem so far but I think it’s going to have to go back.
post #32319 of 42998 Old 02-05-2011, 09:45 AM

On the topic of subwoofers, can I keep the LFE and low-level RCA inputs plugged in at the same time?

Ideally, I would want to use LFE for home theater, and low-level RCA for unprocessed audio/vinyl playback (in AnalogDirect mode). I want to keep the audio path free of the ADC-{ARC magic}-DAC processing, and yes, sacrifice room correction, but keep the signal path pristine.

So, that leaves me with no choice but to connect my Focal SW800V sub in both ways: LFE (using the sub1 pre-out jack on the Anthem) + low-level pre-out RCA's (using the RCA L/R pre-out jacks on the Anthem). I want to make sure I don't blow the sub in home-theater mode (i.e., with juice coming to the sub from both the LFE and low-level RCA inputs). It's a pain to keep plugging/unplugging cables from the back of the sub...

Thanks all!
post #32320 of 42998 Old 02-05-2011, 10:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jitenn View Post

On the topic of subwoofers, can I keep the LFE and low-level RCA inputs plugged in at the same time?

Ideally, I would want to use LFE for home theater, and low-level RCA for unprocessed audio/vinyl playback (in AnalogDirect mode). I want to keep the audio path free of the ADC-{ARC magic}-DAC processing, and yes, sacrifice room correction, but keep the signal path pristine.

So, that leaves me with no choice but to connect my Focal SW800V sub in both ways: LFE (using the sub1 pre-out jack on the Anthem) + low-level pre-out RCA's (using the RCA L/R pre-out jacks on the Anthem). I want to make sure I don't blow the sub in home-theater mode (i.e., with juice coming to the sub from both the LFE and low-level RCA inputs). It's a pain to keep plugging/unplugging cables from the back of the sub...

Thanks all!

I can't understand why you would want to cut out ARC. Whatever "pristine" you will preserve will be lost from lack of room correction. This from Anthem's own blind testing comparing analog direct vs. Analog DSP and ARC. You paid for a great preamp and now want to bypass it for analog sources. Just my two cents.
John

Jayray
Read the FAQs
post #32321 of 42998 Old 02-05-2011, 03:18 PM
AVS Club Gold

I am also trying to download the arc 3.01 software and it is telling me it is being updated or edited by a user for a while now. I really wanto get this processor going for superbowl. Is there somewhere else I can download this software.

What is going on with Anthum lately? I have left several messages for issues and to buy stuff and no one was returnign my call weeks ago now. Tech support never called me back, still ahve sound dropping out issues now I can't even download the software to get this going for superbowl.

Jason
Note: Any posts are of my personal opinions and not to reflect upon any business.

Jason@programmergeek.com

908 578-6466

post #32322 of 42998 Old 02-05-2011, 03:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by programmergeek View Post

I am also trying to download the arc 3.01 software and it is telling me it is being updated or edited by a user for a while now. I really wanto get this processor going for superbowl. Is there somewhere else I can download this software.

What is going on with Anthum lately? I have left several messages for issues and to buy stuff and no one was returnign my call weeks ago now. Tech support never called me back, still ahve sound dropping out issues now I can't even download the software to get this going for superbowl.

If you have access to the tech password protected page, it works and ARC can be downloaded.
John

Jayray
Read the FAQs
post #32323 of 42998 Old 02-05-2011, 04:24 PM
AVS Club Gold

I don't I never remember the password for the few tims I viset.

Jason
Note: Any posts are of my personal opinions and not to reflect upon any business.

Jason@programmergeek.com

908 578-6466

post #32324 of 42998 Old 02-05-2011, 04:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 44
Quote:

I don't I never remember the password for the few tims I viset.

Some programmer - a person who writes nothing down
post #32325 of 42998 Old 02-05-2011, 04:36 PM
AVS Club Gold

To many other passwords to remember. Didn't think I would need it till the d2v crashed. If course it happens before a big superbowl party with a ton of audio people comming over. My luck. I will surive may swap my cary 11a back in has better sound anyhow when it works. I do perfer the anthum though.

Jason

Jason@programmergeek.com

908 578-6466

post #32326 of 42998 Old 02-05-2011, 04:42 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 44
Quote:

To many other passwords to remember. Didn't think I would need it till the d2v crashed. If course it happens before a big superbowl party with a ton of audio people comming over. My luck. I will surive may swap my cary 11a back in has better sound anyhow when it works. I do perfer the anthum though.

I could e-mail you whatever SW you need
post #32327 of 42998 Old 02-05-2011, 07:23 PM
Read the FAQ!

Quoted: 184 Post(s)
Liked: 817
Quote:

Looks like they are having a problem with their web site.

You can download ARC 3.0.1 from the AVM 50v portion of their downloads (just tried it; it works). What you get is the same thing that you get from the D2v portion. The ARC kit is the same across the board.
--Bob

Anthem D2/D2v/AVM50/AVM50v/ARC1 tweaking guide. -- Need personal consultation/training? PM me!
post #32328 of 42998 Old 02-06-2011, 07:09 AM

Quote:

I can't understand why you would want to cut out ARC. Whatever "pristine" you will preserve will be lost from lack of room correction. This from Anthem's own blind testing comparing analog direct vs. Analog DSP and ARC. You paid for a great preamp and now want to bypass it for analog sources. Just my two cents.
John

I hear you about the listening tests, and completely agree with ARC for digital sources. However, in my setup, vinyl sounds more open with a broader & deeper soundstage in AnalogDirect mode. Even my less-finicky wife agrees.

Yes, I have some records - mostly 80's recordings - that sound better with AnalogDSP, but my older hard rock/ metal recordings sound much better direct. Perhaps it's because I have an AVM50v and not a D2V; not sure. Therefore, I do want the option of AnalogDirect (with bass mgmt through subwoofer) for some records and AnalogDSP (with ARC and Anthem bass mgmt) for others.

That being the situation, will I risk blowing or damaging the sub if I have LFE and line-level RCA inputs connected at all times? I know it's not an issue for AnalogDirect (only line-level RCAs juiced), but for all other modes, there's juice coming in on LFE and line-level RCAs. Thoughts??
post #32329 of 42998 Old 02-06-2011, 07:17 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I hear you about the listening tests, and completely agree with ARC for digital sources. However, in my setup, vinyl sounds more open with a broader & deeper soundstage in AnalogDirect mode. Even my less-finicky wife agrees.

Yes, I have some records - mostly 80's recordings - that sound better with AnalogDSP, but my older hard rock/ metal recordings sound much better direct. Perhaps it's because I have an AVM50v and not a D2V; not sure. Therefore, I do want the option of AnalogDirect (with bass mgmt through subwoofer) for some records and AnalogDSP (with ARC and Anthem bass mgmt) for others.

That being the situation, will I risk blowing or damaging the sub if I have LFE and line-level RCA inputs connected at all times? I know it's not an issue for AnalogDirect (only line-level RCAs juiced), but for all other modes, there's juice coming in on LFE and line-level RCAs. Thoughts??

Sorry I don't know much about line level stuff and subs but someone here will. As for the analog sources, I guess if it sounds good to you that's all that matters.
John

Jayray
Read the FAQs
post #32330 of 42998 Old 02-06-2011, 07:51 AM

Liked: 11
Hello,

For those amongst us that own a D2 or D2v (maybe even the new AVMs) and that also deal with TV/Projector calibration, I just came back from a Level2 ISF training where I heard from a top guy in Spectracal (first hand) that the new feature that appeared in the version 4 of Calman enabling Video Processor automatic control will very soon totally support our VP (the Gennum).
He actually said that it is already past due so it will be any time now.
What does it mean?
Well it means that if you own the equipment, or call for a calibrator, the Calman software will natively connect to the D2/D2v and auto calibrate the Gennum to finally maximize the effect of this wonderful VP.

Cheers
post #32331 of 42998 Old 02-06-2011, 09:27 AM

Quote:

If your sub has both LFE and line level inputs, it should be perfectly fine to connect both at the same time without any damage. I have a Martin Logan Descent-i sub and it also has these inputs featured.

Your sub manual should have instructions on this issue.

Ben
post #32332 of 42998 Old 02-07-2011, 07:43 AM
AVS Special Member

Dish Network issue.....

I have had my D2v setup for quite some time and don't really have any problems to speak of, but there has always been this underlying thing with my Dish Network Reciever - the output volume is too low, I find myself turning the volume of the D2v up to accomodate for the what seems to be at least 6db less then all the rest of my equipment... I've looked a few times in setup of the Anthem to see if I can just bump up the volume for that input but haven't found it. Dish is connected through HDMI.

Any suggestions would be very helpful at this point...

thanks
post #32333 of 42998 Old 02-07-2011, 10:13 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 61
Quote:

If I'm not mistaken, don't we both have sub 25s?
John

Yes, I have sub 25. It sound so huge that sometimes I feel I am in a real life show. So far I have not been able to bottom my sub 25 even at reference level or even maybe louder than reference level with deep LFEs. The front grill is moving outward while playing some songs that I think it might make a hole on the grill someday.
post #32334 of 42998 Old 02-07-2011, 12:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by usxplong
Yes, I have sub 25. It sound so huge that sometimes I feel I am in a real life show. So far I have not been able to bottom my sub 25 even at reference level or even maybe louder than reference level with deep LFEs. The front grill is moving outward while playing some songs that I think it might make a hole on the grill someday.
Maybe that's why our charts look so good
John

Jayray
Read the FAQs
post #32335 of 42998 Old 02-07-2011, 12:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warpdrv View Post
Dish Network issue.....

I have had my D2v setup for quite some time and don't really have any problems to speak of, but there has always been this underlying thing with my Dish Network Reciever - the output volume is too low, I find myself turning the volume of the D2v up to accomodate for the what seems to be at least 6db less then all the rest of my equipment... I've looked a few times in setup of the Anthem to see if I can just bump up the volume for that input but haven't found it. Dish is connected through HDMI.

thanks
Warpdrv, i think you set the level in the volumes setting in the menu for that input. By default, its set to 0, i believe. Can't verify since i'm at work.

How to phase match subwoofers to the mains speakers: http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...0#post19542630
post #32336 of 42998 Old 02-07-2011, 12:46 PM

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warpdrv View Post
Dish Network issue.....

thanks
I have a Dish Network DVR-722 connected to my AVM-50 via HDMI and don't have a volume level issue. Are you sure you don't have a problem with your Dish Network receiver?

Ed
post #32337 of 42998 Old 02-07-2011, 01:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmusoke View Post

Warpdrv, i think you set the level in the volumes setting in the menu for that input. By default, its set to 0, i believe. Can't verify since i'm at work.

Seems that the only adjustment is for analog inputs, so if its still an issue I'll switch to component and optical as there is no hd audio coming through the dish anyways.....

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by esander3 View Post

I have a Dish Network DVR-722 connected to my AVM-50 via HDMI and don't have a volume level issue. Are you sure you don't have a problem with your Dish Network receiver?

Ed

Brand new 722....
Someone suggested to me that in settings I switch the volume leveling to disable.... I'll see if that helps things for me...

Thanks guys
post #32338 of 42998 Old 02-07-2011, 04:17 PM
Advanced Member

I'm slow getting around to this, but I just upgraded my D2 to ARC 3.0, and WOW am I ever impressed! Much better bass and dynamics in spades. My system sounds better than ever, even my wife noticed!
post #32339 of 42998 Old 02-07-2011, 04:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlbrand View Post

I'm slow getting around to this, but I just upgraded my D2 to ARC 3.0, and WOW am I ever impressed! Much better bass and dynamics in spades. My system sounds better than ever, even my wife noticed!

Do you notice any diff in the charts pre and post v.3.01?
John

Jayray
Read the FAQs
post #32340 of 42998 Old 02-07-2011, 05:40 PM
gdc

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtrips View Post

Hello,

For those amongst us that own a D2 or D2v (maybe even the new AVMs) and that also deal with TV/Projector calibration, I just came back from a Level2 ISF training where I heard from a top guy in Spectracal (first hand) that the new feature that appeared in the version 4 of Calman enabling Video Processor automatic control will very soon totally support our VP (the Gennum).
He actually said that it is already past due so it will be any time now.
What does it mean?
Well it means that if you own the equipment, or call for a calibrator, the Calman software will natively connect to the D2/D2v and auto calibrate the Gennum to finally maximize the effect of this wonderful VP.

Cheers

So what does this mean exactly? As I recall the CalMan software works with a number of devices, is this true? Or would I need to specify a calibrator that uses CalMan?

- Gordon

We don"t see things as they are, we see things as we are. - Anais Nin
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Receivers Amplifiers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page