Thanks, but I'm a little confused.
First off, I have set the speaker distances (from the main listening position to each speaker) and calibrated their levels to 75db prior to running ARC. Is this still the proper process prior to running ARC?
As far as the SUB, I'm not sure I follow regarding either method:
1. After, the above calibration process is done, now reverse the polarity of the LF speaker terminals. You can do this directly at the speaker terminals or at the back/rear of your power amplifier (but NOT both).
2. Go to your sub distance setting in the Setup -> Listener Position -> Subwoofer in the setup menu.
3. Play your noise source and measure the SPL reading on your RS meter as you vary the subwoofer distance settings from 0 to max in 0.5 ft increments as you record the SPL reading from the RS meter.
4. The distance setting that gives you the MINIMUM reading is the optimal sub distance. You're done ....
Remember to reverse the LF speaker terminals (at the speaker itself or the back of the power amp) to their correct polarity.
1. Do NOT reverse LF speaker polarity as described above in NULL method.
Same steps 2-3 as above.
4. The distance setting that gives you the MAXIMUM reading is the optimal sub distance. You're done ....
Assuming I choose to follow the peak method, what is step 3 about? Play my noise source .. is this referring to the test tone generated by the D2v and how do I recognize the minimum reading? As well, is my SUB 15 set correctly to even try these steps based on the 3 settings I described earlier? These setting specifically:
On my SUB 15, my subwoofer phase alignment is completely off, my subwoofer cutoff frequency is set to bypass and my subwoffer volume level is hardly turned up (maybe at the 9/10 o'clock position from minimum). Should I adjust any of these? Will getting the PBK kit make a difference as I'm using only ARC 3.01 from my D2v to set this.
Finally, setting the HPF to Flat, recalculating and uploading to my D2v completely killed my SUB sound. It was basically not even evident. I had to go back to HPF at Auto, recalc and upload to the D2v to get sub sound back again.
All this calibration stuff and there is still some very manual stuff that needs to get done outside of ARC and PBK it seems. Thank ALL, for your help and input.