post #35821 of 42973 Old 01-27-2012, 01:24 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by thestewman View Post

Several questions they may influence your ARC

Did you use a sound level meter to set the levels for all the speakers and your sub before running ARC ? The levels may be low as they should be 75db.

Did you change the cutoffs to 80 hz for your speakers instead of letting ARC set them ? Go into the D2 setup and let us know what ARC has set the crossovers for each speaker.
Did you set your sub freq control to off so it does not influence ARC.
I think your sub response could be higher as it cuts of pretty sharply.

The sub freq control is off. My mains, center were set to 60 with arc and the rears were 95. I found that at 60 they would clap at hi volumes as they can't handle that freq to well, so I set them all to 80 and recalculated. The sub on arc is what it is 120. In my setup menu the crossovers were all set to 80 by arc including the sub once I uploaded it. Prior to running arc I zero'd everything out, which on an spl ranges between 74-76. On the sub I zero'd out on the Pre-amp and adjusted the subs volume down, so it was reading around 77 on my meter.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #35822 of 42973 Old 01-27-2012, 07:03 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Well got my D2v back today and just finished hooking everything back up. Simple test first with turning the D2v first then the Oppo and signal lock straight away no issues. Put in a Bluray disc and watched the display on the Anthem and it picked up the DTS HD-MA no problem. So it was the D2v after all not the Oppo or cables etc which is great.

Will test the projector later on today as it's 34deg at the moment so will wait until things cool down before turning the whole system on.
post #35823 of 42973 Old 01-27-2012, 09:07 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 16
I'm getting a new projector in a few weeks and want to set it and the old one up side by side to compare. Is it as easy as using HDMI 2 out? Not sure if there are limitations to that output..,

post #35824 of 42973 Old 01-27-2012, 11:33 PM
Read the FAQ!

Quoted: 156 Post(s)
Liked: 796
Quote:
Originally Posted by mookie b View Post

I'm getting a new projector in a few weeks and want to set it and the old one up side by side to compare. Is it as easy as using HDMI 2 out? Not sure if there are limitations to that output..,

So long as you are OK with the same video settings on both outputs (resolution and such) it is just that easy. Note that video on the HDMI 2 output does not include the on screen displays.
--Bob

Anthem D2/D2v/AVM50/AVM50v/ARC1 tweaking guide. -- Need personal consultation/training? PM me!
post #35825 of 42973 Old 01-28-2012, 04:03 AM

Liked: 15
I tested the whole system tonight and no issues. The only thing that is still present is the thin light green line of something (horizontal) on the main D2v's display when turned off. I asked my brother if his shows anything and his is completely black. I tried taking photos with digital camera (without flash) but it doesn't come out. It's not a deal breaker but it's there. I was told by the repairer that there's 2 led lights that are inside near the display inside that maybe be lighting up something. I've never had it before I had issues with the display and mine's been changed twice now. Maybe something with the current builds that is different than the older ones?

I'm going to install 2.13b tomorrow as switching sources (while movie was paused and going into main setup menu on D2v then out again) produced a blue screen which I had to stop the movie and start again to get the picture back. The repair guy put on firmware 2.11.
post #35826 of 42973 Old 01-28-2012, 01:42 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 25
2.13b uploaded but took longer due to the video processor portion of the code. Check the readme file in the firmware folder, there's a warning in there now.
Switching sources went fine and the first movie I ran did so without incident.
Music off of my Naim server also ran fine in 2ch mode.
John

Jayray
Read the FAQs
post #35827 of 42973 Old 01-28-2012, 07:22 PM

Hi Guys,

I'm having trouble getting my D2 and ARC to do what I want it to do.

Basically, I want my fronts to be pretty much full range (to 30hz or so), and I want my rears to cross over at about 60hz to the sub.

I have run ARC, and set my target for the front to 30hz, and left the sub at the default 80hz.

When looking at the ARC graphs, it is showing both the fronts, and the sub playing the frequencies from 30-80hz. I was hoping that since I set the front target to 30hz, it would mean that the audio ported to the fronts would NOT play from the sub unless it was below 30hz.

Unfortunately, what seems to be happening is that both the sub and the fronts are playing audio in this range.

I used TrueRTA to play a tone at 50hz, and I was hoping sound would only come out of the front speakers as this is above the cutoff frequencies I set for them, but the SUB is going at full blast it seems at 50hz!

In the speaker settings, the "FRONT XOVER" is set to 30hz. Changing this value up or down does not seem to have any effect on the 50hz tone.

Can anyone direct me how to proceed to accomplish my goal of:

Front speakers - play down to 30hz
Rear Speakers - Play down to 60hz
Sub - Plays front speaker content below 30hz, and rear speaker content below 60hz

Thank you!!!
post #35828 of 42973 Old 01-28-2012, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goatwuss View Post

Hi Guys,

Basically, I want my fronts to be pretty much full range (to 30hz or so), and I want my rears to cross over at about 60hz to the sub.

I have run ARC, and set my target for the front to 30hz, and left the sub at the default 80hz.

When looking at the ARC graphs, it is showing both the fronts, and the sub playing the frequencies from 30-80hz. I was hoping that since I set the front target to 30hz, it would mean that the audio ported to the fronts would NOT play from the sub unless it was below 30hz.

Unfortunately, what seems to be happening is that both the sub and the fronts are playing audio in this range.

I used TrueRTA to play a tone at 50hz, and I was hoping sound would only come out of the front speakers as this is above the cutoff frequencies I set for them, but the SUB is going at full blast it seems at 50hz!

In the speaker settings, the "FRONT XOVER" is set to 30hz. Changing this value up or down does not seem to have any effect on the 50hz tone.

Sub - Plays front speaker content below 30hz, and rear speaker content below 60hz

Thank you!!!

You really have to read the manual or at least some website describing what is crossover frequency and cutoff frequency. Crossover and cutoff frequencies are not frequencies at which some speaker stops receiving the signal. It is just some reference point where filters are applied to different speakers to blend them together. There is no such thing as "Play down to ...", you are wishing for impossible, either it is ARC, Audyssey or any other room correction algorithm. And even explanation with filters and their order is too simplified to explain how it actually works.
Also, you should not change anything in processor's menu for speaker crossover frequencies after uploading the ARC settings. If you need to change something do it in ARC application (cutoff frequencies) and then re-upload the new settings but don't change them afterwards in receiver itself, you will break the ARC settings.

This is just one link explaining the crossover:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Audio_crossover
post #35829 of 42973 Old 01-28-2012, 08:58 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:

Hi Guys,

Thank you!!!

What dkojenikov said about crossovers and cutoffs is exactly right.

ARC chooses those settings in order to blend the speakers so that they sound the best they can, and to remove as many of problems caused by your environment.

Did you take the time to listen to your system with the room correction that ARC chose?
If not then do yourself a favor and listen to your system with ARC for a few days and see (hear) what you think.

Some minor tweaking of the settings in ARC may help. Some of us make minor changes in the settings ARC chooses, like raising the Max EQ or Room Gain, but many just leave the settings that ARC chooses.

Load ARC at the values that it chose.
Put away your test discs and put on some of your favorite music and movies.
Sit in your primary listening seat, and enjoy.

Tom

"You can have my remote when you pry it from my cold dead fingers" tngiloy
Anthem D2v;Anthem A5;Golden Ear Aon3,SuperCenter XL,SuperSat3;SVS SB13 Plus x 2;Oppo BDP-103D;Ayre CX-7eMP;Panasonic plasma; Dish Hopper;PS Audio Power Plant 5- Subject to change without prior notification.
post #35830 of 42973 Old 01-28-2012, 10:41 PM

Thanks guys,

I guess I am a bit mental! I want my fronts to handle the bass, I guess ARC wants to pass it to the sub. ARC wins
post #35831 of 42973 Old 01-29-2012, 05:25 AM

Quote:

Thanks guys,

I guess I am a bit mental! I want my fronts to handle the bass, I guess ARC wants to pass it to the sub. ARC wins

why do you want the fronts to handle the bass?

by not handling the bass there is more power available for the higher frequencies which gives more headroom and better dynamics

if just for music, then use the other profile that where you have removed the sub (and any other speakers you didn't want)

mark
post #35832 of 42973 Old 01-29-2012, 06:41 AM

Quote:

Thanks guys,

Any audio system (and speaker) will do that, this is how it is done by everybody, there is simply no another way to do it good. It's a math and physics of our universe (in short, all the functions in our universe are continuous function and infinitely continuously differentiable so everything is smooth). Do you want your car to stop instantly once you pressed the power break? Me too but I understand that it won't happen in this universe (or current technology). And you are complaining that if pedal is called "break", it should stop the car instantly. Get over it. Or if you believe it is Anthem's (or ARC) fault, grab any other receiver at Best Buy and measure its output. You will get the same result. Just read the article about audio filters on how to blend two sources into one.
Mathematically speaking what you want is to have not a second order filter at cross point but much more higher order filter to do it, it is possible but amount of problems with the sound at cross point will be exponentially more. Your front speakers can handle low frequencies well enough but on lower levels. Subwoofer can handle higher frequencies too but also on lower levels (lower than your listening level). Here where high and low pass filters work together to blend output from two speakers into one sound stream. Just look at the graph and you will see how it works. You can't just stop some frequencies at one speaker and continue at another with good results. Otherwise everybody would be doing it already.
post #35833 of 42973 Old 01-29-2012, 07:17 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 52
Quote:

I'm not familiar with TrueRTA - what channel were you playing the test tone on? You will still get bass above 30hz if it is in the LFE channel. If the front channels then you should not have heard much in the sub and something is misconfigured.

As others have said any fiddling with the crossovers should ultimately be done in ARC Software, but if you want to quickly mess around with them in the Anthem for purpose of experimenting just turn off ARC Room EQ.

- AVStefan
If you like someone's post, just use the Like button to give thanks.
post #35834 of 42973 Old 01-29-2012, 08:33 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Is there a setting on the D2's video processor that is similar to Game mode to reduce online gaming lag?
post #35835 of 42973 Old 01-29-2012, 08:55 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkaye View Post

why do you want the fronts to handle the bass?

by not handling the bass there is more power available for the higher frequencies which gives more headroom and better dynamics

if just for music, then use the other profile that where you have removed the sub (and any other speakers you didn't want)

mark

In Music mode I disable the sub - I feel like it just sounds better for normal 2-channel music - do you guys disagree with that theory?
post #35836 of 42973 Old 01-29-2012, 09:52 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dschamis View Post

In Music mode I disable the sub - I feel like it just sounds better for normal 2-channel music - do you guys disagree with that theory?

No.
If you have speakers capable of going low enough to handle your music, and goatwuss's speakers certainly fit in that catagory, then it makes sense to set up separate movie and music configurations in ARC.

If you set up a movie configuration (with all your speakers and sub) and a music configuration (without sub) you can a/b test the difference by changing your choice for speaker configuration from 'music' to 'movie' in your source setup menu. Then you can be the judge.

I have Paradigm S2's for my fronts, and when I tested my music using the Black Key's Brothers cd, I prefered using my sub in the mix. I imagine if I had the S8's I very well might prefer just running my fronts at full range for music.

These are matters of personal choice, and ARC lets you make those choices.
Testing these, and other options, is what tweaking is all about.
Fell free to test and tweak to your hearts desire, and let your ears (and not any one on this thread) make your decision for you.

Tom

Anthem D2v;Anthem A5;Golden Ear Aon3,SuperCenter XL,SuperSat3;SVS SB13 Plus x 2;Oppo BDP-103D;Ayre CX-7eMP;Panasonic plasma; Dish Hopper;PS Audio Power Plant 5- Subject to change without prior notification.
post #35837 of 42973 Old 01-29-2012, 10:55 AM

Thanks for the good discussion guys.

Based on the great feedback - what I'll do is use the Music mode to be front speakers only w/ no sub. (FYI my main audio source is my turntable, Michell Orbe)

When I tried that before, ARC was rolling off my speakers way too high, like at 60hz or something. To fix this, would I just set the cut-off frequency in ARC to 25hz or something?
post #35838 of 42973 Old 01-29-2012, 11:47 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Based on the great feedback - what I'll do is use the Music mode to be front speakers only w/ no sub. (FYI my main audio source is my turntable, Michell Orbe)

When I tried that before, ARC was rolling off my speakers way too high, like at 60hz or something. To fix this, would I just set the cut-off frequency in ARC to 25hz or something?

Assuming that your turntable is connected via analog (either balanced or unbalanced) you can test what the full range setting will do by going into source setup and changing the turntables setting from 'AnalogDSP' (this setting is necessary to use ARC) to 'Analog'. In 'Analog' the anthem pre/pro will basically only control volume-- there will be no bass management or room correction--but you will be able to evaluate what your fronts will handle bass-wise. But, again, there will be no room correction, so keep that in mind.

In ARC you can set your fronts to 'full range' and then set to 'f' for 'flat' in the advanced menu. I have never used this setting, so someone who has used it can advise you better.

Please note that even if your fronts can handle the full range it doesn't necessarally mean that you should use it. You may find that you prefer having your sub included in your music configuration.
Take the time to compare the different configurations and then choose what you prefer.

Tom

post #35839 of 42973 Old 01-29-2012, 12:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by dschamis View Post

That's how I do it and it sounds great. My Studio 100s do just fine without a sub for Music. They are set to Flat.
John

Jayray
Read the FAQs
post #35840 of 42973 Old 01-29-2012, 05:26 PM

Quote:

You know that 25Hz is the roll-off frequency for speakers measured in unechoic chamber. You room is no unechoic so the roll-off measured by ARC could actually be much higher (or lower as in my case) than values specified. It is better to start with finding the best placement for your speakers using either ARC's quick measure function or you can use any other software you have like HOLM, REW, etc. Once the best placement is found, run ARC and check automatically identified values. Of course you can change automatically identified values in ARC software if you like them better (like switching off subwoofer for music). But once you uploaded the values to a processor, try not to change anything if you don't know exactly how it is going to influence the results.
post #35841 of 42973 Old 01-29-2012, 05:58 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Hi guys,

I just purchased a Sharp Elite PRO-70X5FD LED LCD TV. It has the Netflix app. When I click on Netflix, the Elite will display the video, but it will not provide sound thru the HDMI cable. I am able to get sound thru the speakers in the Elite, if I turn on the internal speakers.

Here's what the Elite manual says:

AUDIO RETURN CHANNEL
This function allows you to listen to the TV audio via audio equipment without using an optical fiber cable, which conventionally is required.

REQUIREMENTS FOR USING AN ARC-COMPATILBE AV AMPLIFIER:
ARC-compatible AV amplifier connected to the ARC-compatible HDMI terminal (HDMI 1). (Refer to the operation manual of the ARC-compatible equipment for details.)
Use of an ARC-compatible cable.
AUTO:You can listen to the TV audio with ARC-compatible audio equipment.
OFF: This fuction does not work.

NOTE:
If the TV audio cannot be output from the AV amplifier even after making the necessary setting, connect the TV to the AV amplifier with an optical fiber cable and select "off".

So guys, am I missing something? I believe I have the setting right on the Elite (any Sharp Elite owners out here?). I've talked to Elite on the phone and she said it most likely is the receiver. To make sure the HDMI cable is qualified, I bought a AUVIO cable from Radio Shack that says: Auvio cables incorporate HDMI Ethernet channel, Audio Return Channel, 3D and 4K technology.

If I'm watching Directv and click on Netflix, the Elite screen will now show Netflix, but the sound will continue to be what's on Directv.

Does the D2v acknowledge ARC - Audio Return Channel?

I have, v2.10 update. I believe that is the most current?

Thoughts?

Anthem D2v, McIntosh MC205, Elite PRO-70X5FD, Oppo BDP-103, Dish hopper, Richard Gray Power Company 400S, B&W Nautilus, JL audio Fathom f113, Harmony One, empty wallet ;>)
post #35842 of 42973 Old 01-29-2012, 06:38 PM

Another question for connoisseurs. We were told that setting and changing the speaker distance does not have influence on ARC. Is changing subwoofer phase have an influence on ARC? Can I change subwoofer phase after I uploaded ARC without messing with its settings?

I was measuring individual speakers and different sets of speakers (like left only, right only, left+subwofer, right+subwoofer, left+right+subwoofer) with "HOLM Impulse" software and my calibrated microphone and I see quite different response curves for sets of speakers when changing their distance and subwoofer phase and I also see quite a different actual room gain when playing the sweep through individual speakers or set of speakers (measured room gain is almost 2x larger with left+right speakers comparing to just left speaker).

Does it mean ARC does not use phase and delay information when calculating filters (thus it does not correct issues when for example left and subwoofer can cancel each other at some frequencies) or it is still better to set distance and phase before doing ARC and it will be using the measured phase information for correction? Does ARC correct frequencies only and does not care about phase? Just left speaker and subwoofer can be pretty well equalized independently but when playing the actual music through left speaker + subwoofer, phase differences can spoil this pretty easy and it worries me that I see exactly this behavior on my graphs. As I remember, Audyssey tries to actually blend all the speakers together and not just equalize individual speakers separately so it uses the logical distance and phase information when calculating the acoustic bubble.
post #35843 of 42973 Old 01-29-2012, 08:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by bekindrewind View Post

Hi guys,

I just purchased a Sharp Elite PRO-70X5FD LED LCD TV. It has the Netflix app. When I click on Netflix, the Elite will display the video, but it will not provide sound thru the HDMI cable. I am able to get sound thru the speakers in the Elite, if I turn on the internal speakers.

Here's what the Elite manual says:

AUDIO RETURN CHANNEL
This function allows you to listen to the TV audio via audio equipment without using an optical fiber cable, which conventionally is required.

REQUIREMENTS FOR USING AN ARC-COMPATILBE AV AMPLIFIER:
ARC-compatible AV amplifier connected to the ARC-compatible HDMI terminal (HDMI 1). (Refer to the operation manual of the ARC-compatible equipment for details.)
Use of an ARC-compatible cable.
AUTO:You can listen to the TV audio with ARC-compatible audio equipment.
OFF: This fuction does not work.

NOTE:
If the TV audio cannot be output from the AV amplifier even after making the necessary setting, connect the TV to the AV amplifier with an optical fiber cable and select "off".

So guys, am I missing something? I believe I have the setting right on the Elite (any Sharp Elite owners out here?). I've talked to Elite on the phone and she said it most likely is the receiver. To make sure the HDMI cable is qualified, I bought a AUVIO cable from Radio Shack that says: Auvio cables incorporate HDMI Ethernet channel, Audio Return Channel, 3D and 4K technology.

If I'm watching Directv and click on Netflix, the Elite screen will now show Netflix, but the sound will continue to be what's on Directv.

Does the D2v acknowledge ARC - Audio Return Channel?

I have, v2.10 update. I believe that is the most current?

Thoughts?

The next video board HW upgrade(HDMI 1-4) for the AVM50v and D2v will support 3D and so the ARC feature as well. Current units don't support 3D. features.

How to phase match subwoofers to the mains speakers: http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...0#post19542630
post #35844 of 42973 Old 01-29-2012, 08:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkojevnikov View Post

Another question for connoisseurs. We were told that setting and changing the speaker distance does not have influence on ARC. Is changing subwoofer phase have an influence on ARC? Can I change subwoofer phase after I uploaded ARC without messing with its settings?

I was measuring individual speakers and different sets of speakers (like left only, right only, left+subwofer, right+subwoofer, left+right+subwoofer) with "HOLM Impulse" software and my calibrated microphone and I see quite different response curves for sets of speakers when changing their distance and subwoofer phase and I also see quite a different actual room gain when playing the sweep through individual speakers or set of speakers (measured room gain is almost 2x larger with left+right speakers comparing to just left speaker).

Does it mean ARC does not use phase and delay information when calculating filters (thus it does not correct issues when for example left and subwoofer can cancel each other at some frequencies) or it is still better to set distance and phase before doing ARC and it will be using the measured phase information for correction? Does ARC correct frequencies only and does not care about phase? Just left speaker and subwoofer can be pretty well equalized independently but when playing the actual music through left speaker + subwoofer, phase differences can spoil this pretty easy and it worries me that I see exactly this behavior on my graphs. As I remember, Audyssey tries to actually blend all the speakers together and not just equalize individual speakers separately so it uses the logical distance and phase information when calculating the acoustic bubble.

I belueve such detailed technical info is poart of the IP that anthem likes to keep close to the vest. They are rather cagey in detailing the inner works of the ARC algorithm, which is understandable. You might try their tech support line for further details. If they spill the beans, please let us know.

How to phase match subwoofers to the mains speakers: http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...0#post19542630
post #35845 of 42973 Old 01-29-2012, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmusoke View Post

I belueve such detailed technical info is poart of the IP that anthem likes to keep close to the vest. They are rather cagey in detailing the inner works of the ARC algorithm, which is understandable. You might try their tech support line for further details. If they spill the beans, please let us know.

There is a big difference between commercial secret and explaining how an instrument should be used. It is unclear from the manual if setting speaker difference and phase should be done before ARC. For example, Audyssey does not make a secret that everything should be set before measurements and that distances measured are logical distances, not physical. For example, Audyssey always identified my subwoofer about 2 meters farther than it was physically located probably due to delays in subwoofer's amplifier. In case of ARC I cannot identify this logical distance and it really looks like Anthem is not doing any correction in time domain so setting at least main speakers in phase with subwoofer is crucial otherwise they will be cancelling each others and this is what I see by measuring my response curve and varying distance and phase. Right now I just found the correction to my subwoofer distance where I have stronger combined signal (main + subwoofer) with no significant dips for frequencies from 50Hz to 90 Hz (crossover is 60Hz).
post #35846 of 42973 Old 01-29-2012, 11:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

There is a big difference between commercial secret and explaining how an instrument should be used. It is unclear from the manual if setting speaker difference and phase should be done before ARC. For example, Audyssey does not make a secret that everything should be set before measurements and that distances measured are logical distances, not physical. For example, Audyssey always identified my subwoofer about 2 meters farther than it was physically located probably due to delays in subwoofer's amplifier. In case of ARC I cannot identify this logical distance and it really looks like Anthem is not doing any correction in time domain so setting at least main speakers in phase with subwoofer is crucial otherwise they will be cancelling each others and this is what I see by measuring my response curve and varying distance and phase. Right now I just found the correction to my subwoofer distance where I have stronger combined signal (main + subwoofer) with no significant dips for frequencies from 50Hz to 90 Hz (crossover is 60Hz).

In my case, i perform the level (@75dB) and phase alignment between my dual subs and afterwards with the mains before ARC (see the link beneath my signature). This way, ARC see's the best frequency response before it optimizes its frequency further for the room. This is a critical step to do if you are to extract the most performance out of your system. For example, SW phase alignment evens out the in-room frequency response to compensate for peaks and nulls and other anomalies caused by the listening room. This makes the subs 'play' as one unit. Afterwards, i perform another phase alignment (this time within ARC by varing SW distance) to blend the subs to the mains around the crossover regions (60Hz - 100Hz). I use either the left or right speaker for this final alignment. The results are definately worth it for you hear your entire system play as one unit and no discontinuity is heard between the mains and the subs. Transitions around the crossover regions are very smooth indeed, IMO.

As for speaker distances (which as you know are physical distances), they can be set before or after ARC. Hope this helps...

David

post #35847 of 42973 Old 01-30-2012, 12:02 AM

Quote:

............ Is changing subwoofer phase have an influence on ARC? Can I change subwoofer phase after I uploaded ARC without messing with its settings?..........

This question has been dealt with extensively by our good friend Bob P. in the recent past a number of times.

Briefly, ARC listens to only one speaker at a time during the setup. As such, it does not deal with distance and phase.

You have to manually set the speaker distances and phase either before or after running/uploading ARC.

Ben
post #35848 of 42973 Old 01-30-2012, 04:38 AM
Read the FAQ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmusoke View Post

The next video board HW upgrade(HDMI 1-4) for the AVM50v and D2v will support 3D and so the ARC feature as well. Current units don't support 3D. features.

I'll be very surprised if the upcoming 3D "pass through" upgrade also adds support for additional optional features from the HDMI V1.4 spec such as Audio Return Channel or Ethernet over HDMI.
--Bob

Anthem D2/D2v/AVM50/AVM50v/ARC1 tweaking guide. -- Need personal consultation/training? PM me!
post #35849 of 42973 Old 01-30-2012, 04:46 AM
Read the FAQ!

Quote:

With ARC you must manually set the speaker distances and (after that) the subwoofer phase.

If you have only one subwoofer, you can do this before or after doing your ARC setup. Since ARC only listens to one output channel at a time it does not hear changes due to distance or sub phase settings.

But if you have MORE than one subwoofer, then you must set the speaker distances for all speakers and then the subwoofer phase for each subwoofer BEFORE you run ARC. This is because ARC plays your set of subs together, and phase adjustments alter the combined sub output. Distances must be set first since phase is a function of distance. When setting phase, it is helpful to have the speakers and subs roughly volume balanced to make it easier to hear the effect of the adjustment, so when doing this preliminary setup due to multiple subs, it is a good idea to manually adjust the volume trims with the built-in test tones and an SPL meter prior to doing your phase adjustment. ARC will replace your rough trim settings with precise settings when you do your ARC setup. Power one sub at a time when adjusting its phase control for best match with the mains (usually using the Left Front speaker as the surrogate).

Unless you move the speakers, this distance/phase setup is something you only have to do once -- not each time you run ARC.
--Bob

post #35850 of 42973 Old 01-30-2012, 04:50 AM
Read the FAQ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatinumSV View Post

Is there a setting on the D2's video processor that is similar to Game mode to reduce online gaming lag?

There is not

The video processing delay in the D2 and D2v is less than one frame time, but it is not 0, and it can not be reduced by any user settings.
--Bob

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Receivers Amplifiers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page