post #36091 of 43086 Old 02-25-2012, 03:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Pariseau View Post

Yes, and I believe that the models that have THAT problem with the 48Hz setting also generate false contours (banding) if you use the 96Hz setting.

Which basically means that /24 input to them is a flop. Use /60 and be happy.

(Before anyone asks, I don't know which Panasonic models or model years are subject to this, so check the owner's thread for your model.)
--Bob

Correct on the 96Hz as well.
John

Jayray
Read the FAQs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #36092 of 43086 Old 02-25-2012, 11:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 78
Quote:

Great! That Deep Color bit setting was a late addition to the firmware, so it makes sense that you got the default Auto choice since you might not have had it in your earlier firmware.

NOTE: The fact that 10 bit works but 12 bit does not suggests you might need to upgrade your HDMI cable to the display. Check the owner's thread for your display to see if other folks are reporting problems with 12 bit. 10 and 12 bit put more signal bandwidth on the cable, which can lead to problems if the cable is marginal.

By the way, the problem with /24 and certain Panasonic models is pretty much a given. The fact that the 48Hz setting is working so poorly is a sign that you may have one of those models. Check the owner's thread for your model. Using only /60 to the display may be your best bet if so.
--Bob

Where is the deep color setting in the Anthem menu? I'm running version 2.10c and can't seem to find it.

How to phase match subwoofers to the mains speakers:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #36093 of 43086 Old 02-26-2012, 12:43 AM
Read the FAQ!

Quoted: 315 Post(s)
Liked: 864
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmusoke View Post

Where is the deep color setting in the Anthem menu? I'm running version 2.10c and can't seem to find it.

Video Output Configuration > Output

See Section 3.1 in the Manual.
--Bob

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
. -- Need personal consultation/training?
post #36094 of 43086 Old 02-26-2012, 07:21 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:

Great! That Deep Color bit setting was a late addition to the firmware, so it makes sense that you got the default Auto choice since you might not have had it in your earlier firmware.

NOTE: The fact that 10 bit works but 12 bit does not suggests you might need to upgrade your HDMI cable to the display. Check the owner's thread for your display to see if other folks are reporting problems with 12 bit. 10 and 12 bit put more signal bandwidth on the cable, which can lead to problems if the cable is marginal.

By the way, the problem with /24 and certain Panasonic models is pretty much a given. The fact that the 48Hz setting is working so poorly is a sign that you may have one of those models. Check the owner's thread for your model. Using only /60 to the display may be your best bet if so.
--Bob

Prior to the addition of a deep color bit setting, what bit rate was used? Just wondering, since my display worked great prior to this update. That would suggest it was no higher than 10 bit because that is all that works now. The cables are all the same before and after the update.
Same with the 24 settings: seemed to work fine without stutter before the update. The only time I would send a /24 to the display was certain blue ray content and it worked well on the Pany at any setting (24,48,96). I need to confirm that with the update at 10 bit, that a /24 Anthem output will display correctly at any Pany /24 setting.
Good idea about the cables.....it may be that they "seemed" fine before. I may have been only using 10 bit but But now need an upgrade to in fact carry the 12 bit. The HDMI setup currently involves 3 cables and 2 wall plate adapters. The in-wall cable is 15 ft if I remember correctly, while the other two are 3 footers. It would be extremely difficult to replace the in wall HDMI cable.
post #36095 of 43086 Old 02-26-2012, 07:35 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Hi! I am upgrading from the original D2 to the Dv2.Last post about the 3D upgrade said that it was in the final stages.Anybody heard anything more?My dealer in Montreal could not tell me the ETA either.
post #36096 of 43086 Old 02-26-2012, 09:35 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 14
Is the factory still upgrading D2s to D2vs? I thought that program ended.

David

"You buy a Ferrari when you want to be somebody. You buy a Lamborghini when you are somebody." - Frank Sinatra
post #36097 of 43086 Old 02-26-2012, 09:45 AM
Read the FAQ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rovingtravler View Post

Is the factory still upgrading D2s to D2vs? I thought that program ended.

There was never an actual upgrade. What there was was a factory sponsored trade in program. That is no longer available. Your best bet is to sell your D2 privately (e.g., Audiogon) or work a deal with your dealer for trade in.
--Bob

post #36098 of 43086 Old 02-26-2012, 10:25 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I meant to say trade.Sorry.
post #36099 of 43086 Old 02-26-2012, 04:13 PM

Hi, I'm sure has been asked and answered before. I have a D2 with the ARC kit and in the past I had no problem running Arc on XP. However, last night I loaded from disk v1.2.5 to a windows 7 laptop, it found the D2 but I kept receiving the notice;" Measurement Procedure Failed, Failed to initalize wave audio capture device".
I tried the "Windows 7 ARC configuration for setting up the mic". No luck with that. The D2 does not even attempt to produce any sweep tones, It usually turns it self off. I don't remember how many times the D2 would turn on and off during the discovery process prior to starting the ARC measurments.
I don't know what the issue is, I loaded the driver for my Keyspan adapter as well. I had'nt ran ARC in years till I tried last night, I moved my speakers around a bit. I'm guessing Windows 7 may have something to do with it. I know v1.2.5 did work with XP with no problems.

So, any help would be greatly appreciated. I don't know what I'm doing wrong.
post #36100 of 43086 Old 02-26-2012, 04:51 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.S.A. View Post

Hi, I'm sure has been asked and answered before. I have a D2 with the ARC kit and in the past I had no problem running Arc on XP. However, last night I loaded from disk v1.2.5 to a windows 7 laptop, it found the D2 but I kept receiving the notice;" Measurement Procedure Failed, Failed to initalize wave audio capture device".
I tried the "Windows 7 ARC configuration for setting up the mic". No luck with that. The D2 does not even attempt to produce any sweep tones, It usually turns it self off. I don't remember how many times the D2 would turn on and off during the discovery process prior to starting the ARC measurments.
I don't know what the issue is, I loaded the driver for my Keyspan adapter as well. I had'nt ran ARC in years till I tried last night, I moved my speakers around a bit. I'm guessing Windows 7 may have something to do with it. I know v1.2.5 did work with XP with no problems.

The first thing to do is go to the Anthem website and download ARC 3.0.2, the latest ARC firmware. There are some pretty cool features like 'Quick Measure' and the ability to set your sub to 'flat' that you may find very helpful.
Then you will need to load the original ARC disc that came from Anthem with your ARC kit. In it are 2 files that contain your D2 serial# and mic serial #. One is a CAL file and the other a FILE file. You will need to copy those files to your new ARC folder.

Some of the more computer literate on this thread can help you more, but you really should download the most recent ARC 3.0.2 from the Anthem website. There have been a number of improvements since 1.2.5.

Tom

"You can have my remote when you pry it from my cold dead fingers" tngiloy
Anthem D2v;Anthem A5;Golden Ear Aon3,SuperCenter XL,SuperSat3;SVS SB13 Plus x 2;Oppo BDP-103D;Ayre CX-7eMP;Panasonic plasma; Dish Hopper;PS Audio Power Plant 5- Subject to change without prior notification.
post #36101 of 43086 Old 02-26-2012, 05:03 PM
Read the FAQ!

Quote:

The version of ARC you are trying to run does not support Windows 7 -- as you've found out.

Use Windows Add/Remove programs to uninstall that version. Reboot.

Get the latest version of ARC from the Anthem site. Unzip that. Find the pair of ARC licensing and mic calibration files on your original ARC install CD and copy them into the unzipped stuff in the same place as the Setup.exe program (the installer). Then run Setup.exe to install the new ARC. Reboot again.

You should now be good to go.
--Bob

post #36102 of 43086 Old 02-26-2012, 05:16 PM

Thanks for the quick replies, I did go to Anthem's site and saw the newest ARC file,however, from what I read it did'nt seem to support the D2, justD2v and everything else. How do I find the needed files on the disk that came with the ARC kit? I'm running v1.33 in the D2, I assume that too is far outdated as well. I suppose I now need to know how to find the serialized files on the disk.

Thanks again!
Ps. Its good to see that you're still around here Bob
post #36103 of 43086 Old 02-26-2012, 05:32 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 13
Quote:

Thanks for the quick replies, I did go to Anthem's site and saw the newest ARC file,however, from what I read it did'nt seem to support the D2, justD2v and everything else. How do I find the needed files on the disk that came with the ARC kit? I'm running v1.33 in the D2, I assume that too is far outdated as well. I suppose I now need to know how to find the serialized files on the disk.

Thanks again!
Ps. Its good to see that you're still around here Bob

The latest version of ARC works for all hardware D2 included.
1.33 is the latest firmware fr the d2.

As Tom said the files have numbers in the file name. These numbers are your serial numbers for the mic and D2. and the extensions are .cal and .file
post #36104 of 43086 Old 02-26-2012, 05:43 PM

Liked: 15
Hi guys. Been giving some more thought into improving the bass response in my room by implementing some bass traps. The company that I deal with for treatments is this one:

http://www.acousticvision.com.au/

The traps that I'm interested in are these:

http://www.acousticvision.com.au/RPG...4/Default.aspx

I received an e-mail from the contact there for specs and they are:

For the 40 L we should get about 35 – 62 Hz with the XX mm port and 65 – 96 Hz with the YY mm port
For the 80 L we should get about 25 – 42 Hz with the XX mm port and 40 – 60 Hz with the YY mm port

My ARC results are here:
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...8260&page=1201 Post 36004. Running without any room gain.

Without going too much off topic here is it worth me going down this path as I cannot reposition the subs or speakers? Please feel free to PM me as I don't want to take this thread too much off topic.
post #36105 of 43086 Old 02-26-2012, 05:48 PM

Thanks.
How do I find the serial# files within the ARC program? I just keep opening the program itself. The only other stuff in
Anthem Statement folder is the ARC-1 manual pdf, D2 operating manual pdf, RS 232 commands and the room correction program itself and when I click on it, it starts. So, I don't know where to look.
post #36106 of 43086 Old 02-26-2012, 06:11 PM

Opps, I think I've found it.
post #36107 of 43086 Old 02-27-2012, 10:08 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 54
Quote:

There was never an actual upgrade. What there was was a factory sponsored trade in program. That is no longer available. Your best bet is to sell your D2 privately (e.g., Audiogon) or work a deal with your dealer for trade in.
--Bob

Are there any more AVM-20/30 HD upgrade kits around?

- AVStefan
If you like someone's post, just use the Like button to give thanks.
post #36108 of 43086 Old 02-27-2012, 10:22 AM
Read the FAQ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVfile View Post

Are there any more AVM-20/30 HD upgrade kits around?

No idea, but if it isn't shown on the Anthem web site, odds are they are no longer available.
--Bob

post #36109 of 43086 Old 02-27-2012, 10:50 AM

Hi - I am just starting to setup my AVM 50 ARC (yes, it's brand new) - when I tried to run the Setup, it crashes out with an error about a system policy preventing the installation of the Visual C++ Runtime Libraries - don't know why that would be the case, and I am logged into an admin account in any case. I tried downloading the latest software 3.0.2 as described below, but one of the first questions Setup asks is your model, and of course the AVM 50 is not listed.

Does that matter, i.e., should I just claim to have the 50v?

Many thanks,

- Mark

Quote:

On your loss of picture/sound, I think the odds are excellent that you disturbed some other cables when you fiddled with that Center speaker output.

On ARC, yes you will need to install the ARC application to view the file.

You will need a Windows PC computer running XP or later. If you are getting something new, you might as well get Windows 7. Avoid Windows Vista. Many people use inexpensive laptop computers. You don't need anything fancy in the way of graphics, audio, or processing on the PC. The Anthem itself generates the test tones used by the ARC setup, and the ARC application uses a standard Windows feature to input the mic data. The rest is just computation.

The PC will need a USB port for attaching the ARC mic cable. The PC will also need a serial (RS-232) connection to go to the Anthem. Many people do that by using a SECOND USB port on the PC along with the Keyspan USA-19HS USB/serial adapter. Plug the adapter into the computer and run the serial cable from the adapter to the back of the Anthem. If you don't have the Keyspan adapter already in your ARC kit (I don't think Anthem was distributing them back when you got your AVM 40), you can buy it at Amazon or even direct from Anthem. Accept no substitutes. Use just that specific Keyspan adapter. Your ARC kit will include the microphone cable. It should also include the necessary serial cable.

Now, your AVM 40 is old. And that means the ARC software on your install CD is old. To avoid problems, I'm going to suggest you *NOT* install the software from the ARC install CD.

And that means you need to do a few additional steps.

First, download the ARC V3.0.2 install kit from Anthem:

http://anthemav.com/download/anthem-...pport/software

That link is from Anthem's page for the D2v, but no matter. The ARC install kit is the same for all Anthem processors. (You just need the ARC kit. Don't download the D2v firmware!)

UnZip that downloaded file on your Windows PC and you will end up with a folder. Browse into that folder and find the program Setup.Exe. That's the installer.

Now insert your original ARC install CD. If the Installer on the CD starts up automatically just quit out of it. Now browse into that CD and find the Setup.Exe program on the CD. In that same folder on the CD you will find two files with names made up of numbers. The numbers are the Serial Number of your AVM 40 and the Serial Number of your ARC mic. The two files are your ARC license and the individualized calibration data for your ARC mic.

Copy both of those files from the CD into the place where you found Setup.Exe in the downloaded ARC V3.0.2 stuff.

You can now eject the CD. You are done with it.

Run Setup.Exe in the downloaded version. It will install ARC V3.0.2 and also copy your ARC license and mic calibration files into the correct location. It will add a "shortcut" icon on your Windows desktop which you can use to launch the ARC application itself.

In the future, you can just download and install new ARC versions without having to do the extra steps with those two files. They will simply carry over from the prior install of ARC.

Once you have ARC installed, reboot your Windows PC.

Now, find that file you got from the dealer. Right Click on it and select Properties from the Pop Up menu. Then select Read Only. Then click Apply. Then click OK. You've just write protected that file to make sure you don't accidentally alter it while getting familiar with ARC.

Now you can double-click on that file and it will open in ARC and you can view your ARC charts and Targets window.
--Bob

post #36110 of 43086 Old 02-27-2012, 11:00 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by chileboy View Post

Hi - I am just starting to setup my AVM 50 ARC (yes, it's brand new) - when I tried to run the Setup, it crashes out with an error about a system policy preventing the installation of the Visual C++ Runtime Libraries - don't know why that would be the case, and I am logged into an admin account in any case. I tried downloading the latest software 3.0.2 as described below, but one of the first questions Setup asks is your model, and of course the AVM 50 is not listed.

Does that matter, i.e., should I just claim to have the 50v?

Many thanks,

- Mark

Yes, select 50v.
post #36111 of 43086 Old 02-27-2012, 01:27 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonNo10 View Post

Hi guys. Been giving some more thought into improving the bass response in my room by implementing some bass traps. The company that I deal with for treatments is this one:

For the 40 L we should get about 35 - 62 Hz with the XX mm port and 65 - 96 Hz with the YY mm port
For the 80 L we should get about 25 - 42 Hz with the XX mm port and 40 - 60 Hz with the YY mm port

My ARC results are here:
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...8260&page=1201 Post 36004. Running without any room gain.

Without going too much off topic here is it worth me going down this path as I cannot reposition the subs or speakers? Please feel free to PM me as I don't want to take this thread too much off topic.

Adding bass traps cannot hurt, they tighten up your bass. I just installed 4 and have 5 more to go.

Anthem Statement D2v3D, Paradigm Sub 2, Paradigm S8s with C5, Anthem Statement M1 Amps, 174" AT Scope Screen, Epson 6010 3D Projector
post #36112 of 43086 Old 02-27-2012, 04:21 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 13
I have not use this unit for over 1 1/2 years. I want to sell it. Where is the best place to sell this unit? it is great condition.
post #36113 of 43086 Old 02-27-2012, 04:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmos5861 View Post

I have not use this unit for over 1 1/2 years. I want to sell it. Where is the best place to sell this unit? it is great condition.

In the US, Audiogon and in Canada, canuckaudiomart.com.
John

Jayray
Read the FAQs
post #36114 of 43086 Old 02-27-2012, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Adding bass traps cannot hurt, they tighten up your bass. I just installed 4 and have 5 more to go.

That's the idea but I'm space limited so corner traps are my best option. The 40L trap costs $495 and the 80L is $595 (Australian dollars). Can only afford 2 at the moment but not sure which type?
post #36115 of 43086 Old 02-27-2012, 08:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Video Output Configuration > Output

See Section 3.1 in the Manual.
--Bob

Guess 12-bit is deep color ...Should have known that. Thanks Bob!

post #36116 of 43086 Old 02-27-2012, 09:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

For the 40 L we should get about 35 - 62 Hz with the XX mm port and 65 - 96 Hz with the YY mm port
For the 80 L we should get about 25 - 42 Hz with the XX mm port and 40 - 60 Hz with the YY mm port

My ARC results are here:

Simon:

I still think you need to get rid of the huge 6dB suckout you have from 100-300Hz (see post #36009), the region where room gain is applied. Do your speakers have a toom gain switch? IF so, try moving it in the opposite position and see how that goes.

BTW, how did the speaker phase matching process we talked about go?

post #36117 of 43086 Old 02-27-2012, 11:06 PM

Quote:
I still think you need to get rid of the huge 6dB suckout you have from 100-300Hz (see post #36009), the region where room gain is applied. Do your speakers have a toom gain switch?

No my speakers don't have that option. These are the front 3 speakers that I'm running:

http://jtrspeakers.com/home-audio/triple-8ht/

These for rears:

http://jtrspeakers.com/home-audio/slanted-8/

Regarding the phase for the subs, I set the distance that you suggested going by the excel document but I will redo the procedure again as I didn't disconnect all the other speakers from the power amp as suggested. Do you think adding 2 bass traps will assist in the 100-300hz issue?
post #36118 of 43086 Old 02-28-2012, 05:39 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

That's the idea but I'm space limited so corner traps are my best option. The 40L trap costs $495 and the 80L is $595 (Australian dollars). Can only afford 2 at the moment but not sure which type?

You would only want the bass traps in the corners, even where the wall meets the ceiling. I think you are going down the right path, as for the RPG Modex Corner, I am not familiar with them but have looked at them in the past. I decided to go the DIY route.

Anthem Statement D2v3D, Paradigm Sub 2, Paradigm S8s with C5, Anthem Statement M1 Amps, 174" AT Scope Screen, Epson 6010 3D Projector
post #36119 of 43086 Old 02-29-2012, 07:40 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Hey all, I need some quick advice. I finally found a second used JL F212 (with my DefTech 7001's that makes six 12' subs woohoo!) to go in my system and was going to update my ARC and D2v software from 3.0.1 and 2.10 to 3.0.2 and 2.13b and then run ARC again but, it failed loading the D2v software. I did the flash erase and still nothing. It just hangs at Updating EEPROM". I'm running Windows 7 and using the serial to USB that is recommended on here. I have company coming this weekend arrrggghhh! Any suggestions. Thanks.

Steve
post #36120 of 43086 Old 02-29-2012, 08:54 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
It now appears to be DOA......

It won't power up, and the Anthem software no longer can recognize it. I've unplugged everything twice. I guess that what I get for f'n with it at a critical time. I should have known better. Oh well.

Steve
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Receivers Amplifiers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page