27Likes

post #41851 of 43481 Old 10-21-2013, 05:20 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieU View Post

I have the Dune HD Base 3.0 and it works well with the AVM-50v (non-3D). I don't have a huge number of movies, so I rip them full disk in order to have the menus. For storage I have a Synology NAS with 8TB's of Western Digital Red drives. Most of the issues I read about related to the Dune players have to do with the network and the way it handles certain types of file formats. I use the same settings in my 50v for the Dune as I do for my Oppo 103.

so it perform flavless?. i will not use 3-D

what cover art do you use? i can see that many use the Zappiti, with ekstremely god result.

funny - the nas and the harddics is the same brandi will use. Thank a lot. I think i will go for the Dune HD base

Peter
Denmark
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #41852 of 43481 Old 10-21-2013, 05:24 AM

Quote:

I have the Dune HD Base 3.0 and it works well with the AVM-50v (non-3D). I don't have a huge number of movies, so I rip them full disk in order to have the menus. For storage I have a Synology NAS with 8TB's of Western Digital Red drives. Most of the issues I read about related to the Dune players have to do with the network and the way it handles certain types of file formats. I use the same settings in my 50v for the Dune as I do for my Oppo 103.

i will use cable for the network. And like you , i will ripp them uncompressed .

ohh - one thing more. Subtitle shift. Is that possible . Like the Oppo?

Peter
Denmark
post #41853 of 43481 Old 10-21-2013, 07:19 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
How do you compare the Dune HD vs the oppo 103 being used as network player?
post #41854 of 43481 Old 10-21-2013, 09:15 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by tngiloy View Post

I think probably using both ARC and your sub's room correction together will work out best for you, but its a trial and error thing. How it sounds to you will be the determining factor.

Just a quick suggestion. If you don't want to use the Quick Measure feature (and I really think QM is a beautiful thing) then, while doing trial and error ARC runs to check out sub response, do a 2.1 set-up. Just fronts and sub. This is what I did to save time before the Quick Measure feature was added. Once you decide what you like best, then you can run the full 5.1/7.1 ARC run. I'm pretty sure this was a suggestion I got from Bob P when ARC was new.

Also remember that ARC does not adjust the phase between your sub and other speakers, or set distances for speakers. You will need to do this yourself. I have found the null method found in dmusoke's signature to be very helpful for phase matching sub-front speakers. Good luck.

Tom

Thanks Tom!

Yesterday I tried to use the B&W's sub app to calibrate the sub and didn't worked due to poor noise to signal ratio. I am still trying to find out what happened.

Despite the setback, I used the QM to fine tune the position of the subwoofer. It is a nice tool to find the optimal place... Afterwards I fully calibrated and sound improved a lot.
I am still using the sub's default wiht respet to phase. Since the front's are also B&W, I am able to specify the model that I am using and automatically selects the phase for me. However, I haven't check the polarity...Any suggestion.

Regards,

Christian

Chris. My DVD and Blu Ray collection
Sony VPL HW55ES, ST 100, B&W 803 Diamonds mains, B&W HTM2 Diamond center channel,B&W 805 Diamond surrounds, B&W DB1 subwoofer, Anthem D2v, Parasound Halo A51+A21,Oppo BDP 103D,PS Audio Power Plant Premier
post #41855 of 43481 Old 10-21-2013, 03:10 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Hello All,

I'm having some HDMI issues and I think it may be the Anthem. It's an AVM50v that's been upgraded to 3D. Am I safe installing a beta firmware to see if that helps? I'm on the last official firmware, 3.09c I think. I'm assuming it's no problem but, I'm a little nervous with this new board.

Thanks,
Steve

Steve
post #41856 of 43481 Old 10-21-2013, 04:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by p.las View Post

hey.

i am in the need for a streaming thing. I have look on the Dunde HD base. Is there anybody in here that have experience with this one , in combination with AVM50v/D2.

My processor is a avm50v. My dealer have som costumers that have some issues with the Dune HD MAX and the AVM/D2 combination. the purpose is to rip all my Blurays in to a nas server. And stream it from there. A nice cover art. And user friendly. A am NOT a pc orakel. i have a great deal of movies. So it woud bee nice to

get some more space. 600 movies takes some space

Any help/experience will bee appreciated. other surgestions are velcome

I use the Popcorn Hour. I have both the C200 and the newer C300. There are even newer models available now. There are several methods of obtaining the files to play. The easiest is Anydvd HD.
The PCH can play any format you can get from your Blu Ray disc including full disc copies, BDMV, M2TS and MKV or AVI. You also will also be able to play lossless DTS HD Master and Dolby True Hd passthru surround sound.
No manufacturer has a true error free system. Most of the problems originate with the home network and sometimes with non english subtitles.
post #41857 of 43481 Old 10-22-2013, 04:15 AM

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by p.las View Post

i will use cable for the network. And like you , i will ripp them uncompressed .

ohh - one thing more. Subtitle shift. Is that possible . Like the Oppo?

Since this is the Anthem thread, I'll just point you to mpcclub.com. The forums there will answer all your questions and more.
post #41858 of 43481 Old 10-22-2013, 04:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tolstoi View Post

How do you compare the Dune HD vs the oppo 103 being used as network player?

I never used the Oppo for streaming. I use the Dune for my movie rips, Meridian for my music and Xbox for Amazon Prime. One thing I like about Anthem is they don't make you pay for half hearted attempts at built in streaming features like other prepro manufacturers.
post #41859 of 43481 Old 10-24-2013, 12:11 PM
Read the FAQ!

Quoted: 608 Post(s)
Liked: 1006
***** Anthem has now posted "Official" firmware V3.10 for the D2v/3D and AVM 50v/3D *****

http://www.anthemav.com/support/latest-software.php

Anthem has just updated their web site in conjunction with the release of the new, Generation 2 MRX Receivers.

As part of that, they updated the public downloads page (linked above).

Firmware v3.10 is now shown as the public, Official firmware for *ONLY* the 3D equipped version pre-pros -- i.e., the D2v/3D and the AVM 50v/3D

Firmware v3.09 is still shown as the Official firmware for the *NON* 3D-equipped pre-pros -- i.e, the D2v and the AVM 50v without 3D.

NOTE: Manuals, Data Sheets and supplementary literature are now found here:

http://www.anthemav.com/support/manuals-literature.php

For folks with the older hardware (original D2, D1, AVM 50, etc.) my usual trick for finding the download links for Manuals and Firmware (search for "discontinued" on the Anthem site) is no longer working. The links found by that search are no good. I'll see if Nick @ Anthem can tell me where that stuff has gone.

ETA: It looks like some of that older hardware stuff is appearing now on the pages linked above, so it may be they have not finished updating yet. For example, I still can't find Manuals/Firmware for the original D2 or D1.
--Bob
RIppolito likes this.

Anthem D2/D2v/AVM50/AVM50v/ARC1 tweaking guide. -- Need personal consultation/training? PM me!
post #41860 of 43481 Old 10-24-2013, 12:46 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 19
Interesting, and a little disheartening, to see that the D2v and AVM50v are listed under 'archived' components. I hope this doesn't mean that they have stopped firmware work on these models.

Very disheartening to see that the D2 and AVM50 are no longer listed at all. I hope this is just a glitch with their website, since there are still a lot of older models still working that may need firmware re-installs for whatever reason.

Perhaps Anthem hired the same software people to set up their new website that Obama hired to set up the ObamaCare site and these problems will be resolved. Just hope it won't take Congressional hearings to get it fixed.

Tom

Edit-- Just rechecked the website and older 'archived products' are now listed including D2 and before. I still would like to know if they are planning to keep working on D2v and AVM50v firmware though.

"You can have my remote when you pry it from my cold dead fingers" tngiloy
Anthem D2v;Anthem A5;Golden Ear Aon3,SuperCenter XL,SuperSat3;SVS SB13 Plus x 2;Oppo BDP-103D;Ayre CX-7eMP;Panasonic plasma; Dish Hopper;PS Audio Power Plant 5- Subject to change without prior notification.
post #41861 of 43481 Old 10-24-2013, 01:00 PM
Read the FAQ!

^ "Archived" just means those models are no longer being sold, I imagine. I.e., they are no longer the "Current" products.

They are not calling them "Obsolete", or "Only Useful as Doorstops or Boat Anchors".

The manuals/firmware information for ALL the old products was available on-line before this latest update. I'm sure they still have it in their system. The trick is finding the way to link to it.

ETA: And yes, I see the older stuff on those pages now, too. So the editing is still in progress for those new web site pages. Good! smile.gif
--Bob

Anthem D2/D2v/AVM50/AVM50v/ARC1 tweaking guide. -- Need personal consultation/training? PM me!
post #41862 of 43481 Old 10-24-2013, 06:46 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 342 Post(s)
Liked: 402
The fact that they are still supporting the D2 is pretty impressive. Not many companies continue support this far out. The D2V has been a long term champ in every way and continues to be one if the best sounding products on the market even years later.

Senior Video Editor
Secrets of Home Theater and High Fidelity

Click Here To See My Current Setup
post #41863 of 43481 Old 10-24-2013, 07:03 PM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Bob, thanks for the tip for getting manuals and firmware for the vintage Anthem's.
- Ron
post #41864 of 43481 Old 10-24-2013, 08:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 61 Post(s)
Liked: 63
So nothing has been fixed in the final 3.10 build, it is just official now?

- AVStefan
If you like someone's post, just use the Like button to give thanks.
post #41865 of 43481 Old 10-24-2013, 08:38 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Pariseau View Post

Firmware v3.10 is now shown as the public, Official firmware for *ONLY* the 3D equipped version pre-pros -- i.e., the D2v/3D and the AVM 50v/3D

Firmware v3.09 is still shown as the Official firmware for the *NON* 3D-equipped pre-pros -- i.e, the D2v and the AVM 50v without 3D.

Reading the notes they don't mention any specific fixes. Only "improved performance in units that are equipped with 3D hardware"

Does this mean that the only fixes in the official v3.10 relate to 3D? What about those DTS-HDMA fixes and HDMI handshake improvements?

What about us D2v owners that are not interested in 3D hence have no interest in paying money for something we don't need. Do we not receive any further updates? Even the one to fix such a longstanding issue that leaves our units in a DTS uncertified state?

Surely not, or is this their way to force us to pay for the 3D upgrade if we want our units to operate properly?

Would be nice for a little clarification in the release notes.

Cheers
post #41866 of 43481 Old 10-24-2013, 09:05 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 61 Post(s)
Liked: 63
They are saying if you want it to work properly do not install 3D firmware (3.10). Install 3.09. I don't know if it is right, but that is what they are effectively saying.

- AVStefan
If you like someone's post, just use the Like button to give thanks.
post #41867 of 43481 Old 10-24-2013, 09:57 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVfile View Post

They are saying if you want it to work properly do not install 3D firmware (3.10). Install 3.09. I don't know if it is right, but that is what they are effectively saying.
I'm already on 3.09 which has the DTS remapping disabled and as such is not certified.
3.10 had some DTS decoding fixes was certified by DTS(or Datasat as the case may be).

So as it stands now, based on the betas, only the 3D versions get all the fixes.

Cheers
post #41868 of 43481 Old 10-24-2013, 10:03 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 13
I don't want to sound ignorant. What were the fixes for update 3.10?
post #41869 of 43481 Old 10-25-2013, 07:51 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 18
It states improved performance.

The site now has all the manuals listed . The link is at the top of the software update page.
post #41870 of 43481 Old 10-25-2013, 04:24 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kensmith48 View Post

It states improved performance.

The site now has all the manuals listed . The link is at the top of the software update page.

I have the non 3-D D2v and would also like to have improved performance.
Unless the improvement is just for 3-D features, which is basically just pass-thru.
I hope Anthem doesn't forget about the non 3-D AVM-50v and D2v owners.
Just saying.

Tom

"You can have my remote when you pry it from my cold dead fingers" tngiloy
Anthem D2v;Anthem A5;Golden Ear Aon3,SuperCenter XL,SuperSat3;SVS SB13 Plus x 2;Oppo BDP-103D;Ayre CX-7eMP;Panasonic plasma; Dish Hopper;PS Audio Power Plant 5- Subject to change without prior notification.
post #41871 of 43481 Old 10-25-2013, 05:25 PM

I've been waiting FOREVER for the beta cycle to end so I can update my firmware on my D2v! This is NOT RIGHT!!!
post #41872 of 43481 Old 10-26-2013, 06:13 AM

I suspect that there will be at least one more firmware update for the non-3D units as 3.09 leaves 50v owners with the nasty low volume issue. If they can incorporate all the other fixes in it without introducing other problems then I would consider it job done. No further action required for the non-3D units.
post #41873 of 43481 Old 10-26-2013, 08:39 AM
Advanced Member

We wait with baited breath!!   Us lowly D2v (non 3d) owners!

Texas Steve
post #41874 of 43481 Old 10-26-2013, 12:22 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
I have the "original" ("Classic"?) AVM50. I have my Verizon STB via HDMI to the Anthem, and then scaled to my display at 1080i, which is the highest resolution my display will support.

Until recently my STB was a fairly old model which, AFAIK, did not support video output in "Native" mode (although I can't swear I looked). But my new one does, and prompted by some recent posts here and in the Oppo threads, I just figured out how to do that.

It definitely looks so much better on 720p - so glad I did it. But, I am having one issue - on the channels that are native 1080i, 720p, and the SD channels' 480i, all is well. But when the signal is 480p (as I discovered Music Choice is, and I often use that), the picture is zoomed way beyond the edges of the display.

Is there some setting in the Anthem that might correct this?

Thanks,

- Mark
post #41875 of 43481 Old 10-26-2013, 12:48 PM
Read the FAQ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chileboy View Post

I have the "original" ("Classic"?) AVM50. I have my Verizon STB via HDMI to the Anthem, and then scaled to my display at 1080i, which is the highest resolution my display will support.

Until recently my STB was a fairly old model which, AFAIK, did not support video output in "Native" mode (although I can't swear I looked). But my new one does, and prompted by some recent posts here and in the Oppo threads, I just figured out how to do that.

It definitely looks so much better on 720p - so glad I did it. But, I am having one issue - on the channels that are native 1080i, 720p, and the SD channels' 480i, all is well. But when the signal is 480p (as I discovered Music Choice is, and I often use that), the picture is zoomed way beyond the edges of the display.

Is there some setting in the Anthem that might correct this?

Thanks,

- Mark

If 480i input is working but 480p input is screwy then the problem is in your new cable box. It is not putting out 480p correctly. There are no settings in the Anthem that differentiate between 480i and 480p input -- presuming you are playing both with the same Setup > Source Setup selected.

If you are selecting a DIFFERENT Source when playing the Music Choice channel, try it again using the Source choice in the Anthem which is handling 480i input correctly. If the Music Choice works OK on that Source then you likely have something different in the Video Source Adjust menu (press and hold the "7" button) for the Source that is not working right for Music Choice. Check the Input Crop and Scaling settings in there.

Some cable boxes with Native output have "additional Native output" settings in the same menu where you enable Native in the first place. In there you may find a list of allowed output resolutions. If both 480i and 480p are enabled now, try disabling 480p and see if that Music Choice screen comes in correctly now as 480i.
--Bob
chileboy likes this.

post #41876 of 43481 Old 10-26-2013, 02:20 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
^ Bob, I am using only one Source setup. My STB does have the "Allowed resolutions" setting, that's a good idea about disabling 480p.

Thanks!

- Mark
post #41877 of 43481 Old 10-26-2013, 04:55 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Liked: 78
Quote:

I suspect that there will be at least one more firmware update for the non-3D units as 3.09 leaves 50v owners with the nasty low volume issue. If they can incorporate all the other fixes in it without introducing other problems then I would consider it job done. No further action required for the non-3D units.

What's the low-volume issue. There was a terrible low volume bug on startup but that was fixed a few firmware revisions ago. I haven't had it since. Is this something new or different?

post #41878 of 43481 Old 10-26-2013, 07:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
I'm looking to upgrade my oppo bdp-83 to either the 103 or 105. I guess it primarily comes down to whether I want to use the DAC in the oppo or in my D2v. If the D2v is better, I will likely go with the 103 or 103D and use my D2v's DAC. Has anyone had the opportunity to compare.

Click here for pic of my 7.1 home theater system and here for pic of S2 surround wall mounting.

Click here for pic of my 2 channel system.

post #41879 of 43481 Old 10-26-2013, 08:44 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 13
^^^ kinda similar question here too. Should I use my multi analogues or hdmi for sound output on my bdp-09fd?
post #41880 of 43481 Old 10-27-2013, 05:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thxtheater View Post

What's the low-volume issue. There was a terrible low volume bug on startup but that was fixed a few firmware revisions ago. I haven't had it since. Is this something new or different?

The bug was in the official 3.09 release. It was fixed in one of the betas that came after it. As far as I know this is still the original 3.09 release that's available to the public.
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Receivers Amplifiers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page