post #42991 of 43014 Old 07-30-2014, 12:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by AVfile View Post
I thought that would get some attention When I explain it fully nobody seems to care.

Say you power-on to your usual BD input with video output mode set to THROUGH (because you want to use 3D or an external VP). It works fine until you try to bring up the Anthem SETUP menu. The processor doesn't know what video output to use for the internal menu system since it was never initialized properly. It tries to handshake with the display and fails, resulting in either blank or corrupted display (until you select another video output configuration).
Anthem clearly stated that using Through would cause the user to NOT be able see the on screen menus or displays as they use S-video for the on screen display.

Quote:
There is another side effect of using THROUGH that I get: No audio unless the display is on! So if you just want to listen to an SACD or DVDA the TV must be turned on temporarily, or setup another input with video output NOT THROUGH for the handshake to complete.
I listen to audio everyday and never have to turn on a video display.
Possibly one of your source settings is incorrect or needs changing.
What is the source of your audio ? HDMI ?
List all the audio source setup settings for us.

Quote:

Anthem clearly did not cover all the bases in testing the 3D pass-through mod. Nick acknowledged that a fix might be possible in the mainboard software and to check with tech support, but that was a long time ago and they are not confirming any fix when I contact them.
Anthem clearly at times has avoided addressing some issues for some reason.
They have done it to me several times. They said they would have an answer and never responded after multiple telephone calls.
So I gave up asking.

Stew
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42992 of 43014 Old 07-30-2014, 12:33 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by thestewman View Post
Anthem clearly at times has avoided addressing some issues for some reason.
They have done it to me several times. They said they would have an answer and never responded after multiple telephone calls.
So I gave up asking.

Stew

That doesn't sound like very good customer service to me

Dali Helicon 400 - C200 MK2'S | Paradigm Signature Sub1 | OPPO 105D | Arcam FMJ P777 Power Amp | Primare SP33 | JVC Dila 950 | Cables: AudioQuest Yukon XLR|Pioneer Kuro 500A | Tivo | Harmony Ultimate
post #42993 of 43014 Old 07-30-2014, 01:14 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 19
I've had the Anthem D2v 3D for a few months now and never had any problems with it. And it is the best pre amp that I have heard in my house so far.

Anthem D2v 3d Preamp & Arcam p777 power amp. oppo-103D .oppo 95: JVS DLA-X3 projector. Sub JL f113 fathem & 2 DIY SI HD 15 subs Dali Helicon 400 C200 phantom iw 200.Speakers cable talk excel 4.mark grant cables.
post #42994 of 43014 Old 07-30-2014, 01:40 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 10
i bought anthem 50 v 3d second hand but the owner lost cd so i cant upgrade software and cant use arc what i need to do ? need rs 232 driver and arc software how can i get it
post #42995 of 43014 Old 07-30-2014, 01:54 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by barasn View Post
i bought anthem 50 v 3d second hand but the owner lost cd so i cant upgrade software and cant use arc what i need to do ? need rs 232 driver and arc software how can i get it
Go here and download it to your laptop or pc
http://www.anthemav.com/support/latest-software.php

Anthem D2v 3d Preamp & Arcam p777 power amp. oppo-103D .oppo 95: JVS DLA-X3 projector. Sub JL f113 fathem & 2 DIY SI HD 15 subs Dali Helicon 400 C200 phantom iw 200.Speakers cable talk excel 4.mark grant cables.
post #42996 of 43014 Old 07-30-2014, 02:57 PM
Read the FAQ!

Quoted: 237 Post(s)
Liked: 841
Quote:
You don't need any special driver for the serial (RS232) connection. If you use a USB to serial adapter, such as the commonly used Keyspan USA-19HS that Anthem ships with the unit, you can get its driver from the Tripplite.com web site (Tripplite owns Keyspan). Download and install the driver for your particular flavor of Windows. If you need the actual USB to serial adapter itself you can purchase it from Amazon or even from Anthem. You will also need a "straight through" serial cable -- pins 1-9 connect directly to pins 1-9 -- available from places like Radio Shack, or from Anthem.

As mentioned above, the ARC install kit can be downloaded from the Anthem web site. As can the latest firmware installer.

So the one thing that's really missing from all this is that you don't have the ARC license and the ARC mic calibration file that came on that original install CD.

For those, email Anthem tech support with the Serial Number of your AVM 50v/3D and with the Serial Number of your ARC microphone, and they can email those two files to you. The two files they send you will have names made up of numbers -- those two Serial Numbers.

When you download the ARC install kit, UnZip it (if your Windows computer hasn't done that automatically) so that you have a folder. Look in that folder until you find the Setup.Exe program which is the installer itself for the ARC Windows application program. Copy the two files you got from Anthem Tech Support into the same place where you found that Setup.Exe program, then double click on that program to run the Installer. It will install the ARC Windows application on your Windows PC, and also copy those two files to where they need to be when you run the ARC setup.
--Bob

Anthem D2/D2v/AVM50/AVM50v/ARC1 tweaking guide. -- Need personal consultation/training? PM me!
post #42997 of 43014 Old 07-30-2014, 04:33 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:
Hopefully he had the serial numbered ARC microphone ?
post #42998 of 43014 Old 07-30-2014, 11:14 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Question for old timers: when did Anthem start including the Keyspan USB-serial adapter with their D2V ?
Did they do that when started including ARC with it ?

Thanks.
post #42999 of 43014 Old 07-31-2014, 08:08 AM
Read the FAQ!

No, it came quite a bit after bundled ARC first shipped. After they negotiated a distribution deal with Tripplite.
--Bob

Anthem D2/D2v/AVM50/AVM50v/ARC1 tweaking guide. -- Need personal consultation/training? PM me!
post #43000 of 43014 Old 08-01-2014, 02:59 PM

thank for help bob i got mic driver but now i have 0x03 code problem how can i solve it ?
post #43001 of 43014 Old 08-01-2014, 04:31 PM
Read the FAQ!

^ Reboot the Windows PC after any driver install or uninstall. Make sure the USB plugs are fully inserted. If using the Keyspan driver, check its USB plugs as well.

Check whether you have the latest (v3.10) firmware installed.

When you run an ARC Measurement pass, it will ask you to specify which speakers you want it to Measure. Be sure you don't tell it to Measure speakers you don't actually have connected or it will fail when it gets to that speaker.
--Bob

post #43002 of 43014 Old 08-01-2014, 07:06 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
thank for help bob i got mic driver but now i have 0x03 code problem how can i solve it ?
Not Bob, but I had a similar problem a few month ago with a Lenovo laptop and it seems that the Anthem mic driver does not like to be in a USB3 mode.
Check if you have an option in your bios be in a USB2 mode (compatibility or forced).

Without it my notebook would see the mic in the device manager app but ARC could not see it.
post #43003 of 43014 Old 08-02-2014, 12:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tranle View Post
Not Bob, but I had a similar problem a few month ago with a Lenovo laptop and it seems that the Anthem mic driver does not like to be in a USB3 mode.
Check if you have an option in your bios be in a USB2 mode (compatibility or forced).

Without it my notebook would see the mic in the device manager app but ARC could not see it.
its ok now ty guys
post #43004 of 43014 Old 08-02-2014, 10:12 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by thestewman View Post
Anthem clearly stated that using Through would cause the user to NOT be able see the on screen menus or displays as they use S-video for the on screen display.
Not the OSD. The internal SETUP menu can still be brought up, but it has to switch from pass-through and engage the video processor temporarily. The problem is it doesn't remember video output settings across power cycles, so it doesn't know what resolution/format to output unless explicitly set via source setup. If you power-up to THROUGH mode this is undefined! It might default to 720p and some undetermined data format resulting in bad colors (in my case). The workaround is to select another source with video output explicitly configured before bringing up the menu.

Quote:
I listen to audio everyday and never have to turn on a video display.
Possibly one of your source settings is incorrect or needs changing.
What is the source of your audio ? HDMI ?
List all the audio source setup settings for us.
I am just using HDMI from BD players. I tried it again and this time it worked (after a few brief dropouts) without turning on the display. It may be more complicated for me because I output to an external video processor (which was off this time) before the display. However it is more reliable when video output mode is not THROUGH. The workaround is to setup a virtual source for music only, with video output configured, as Thxtheater said.

- AVStefan
If you like someone's post, just use the Like button to give thanks.
post #43005 of 43014 Old 08-06-2014, 02:41 PM

Sometimes when i open avm 50v says power interrrupted than its work without problem what s that mean ?

Last edited by barasn; 08-06-2014 at 11:29 PM.
post #43006 of 43014 Old 08-07-2014, 04:34 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked: 119
It means it lost power at some point. Only effect I know of is it can throw off the internal clock.

See what an anamorphoscopic lens can do, see movies the way they were meant to be seen
post #43007 of 43014 Old 08-07-2014, 11:41 AM

Power interrupted check current time said whats between time and power cant understand
post #43008 of 43014 Old 08-07-2014, 03:01 PM
Read the FAQ!

^ The Anthem has a rechargeable battery which maintains the clock even if the unit loses power.

I believe you will get that message if the rechargeable battery has run out of charge.

If it is happening on most every power up, then your Anthem may need service to replace that battery.
--Bob

post #43009 of 43014 Old 08-07-2014, 08:10 PM
wse
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 204 Post(s)
Liked: 292
ARC vs Audyssey any experience?
post #43010 of 43014 Old 08-08-2014, 09:04 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by wse View Post
ARC vs Audyssey any experience?
I have limited experience with ARC and it's been a few years. My opinion is that Audyssey Pro is more on par with ARC comparing other versions of Audyssey I didn't like my options as much and I'd consider target audience to be non-installer and more casual enthusiast. That's just my opinion and I'm open to being wrong. Audyssey pro also gives you more graphs and I believe more filters and measurement positions. I haven't looked at it in some time as I said.
post #43011 of 43014 Old 08-09-2014, 11:11 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Pariseau View Post
^ The Anthem has a rechargeable battery which maintains the clock even if the unit loses power.

I believe you will get that message if the rechargeable battery has run out of charge.

If it is happening on most every power up, then your Anthem may need service to replace that battery.
--Bob
Yikes, mine does that all the time but I thought it was normal (and annoying)

Thanks!

- AVStefan
If you like someone's post, just use the Like button to give thanks.
post #43012 of 43014 Old 08-09-2014, 03:28 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Pariseau View Post

--Bob
Is it really a rechargeable battery or is it like standard lithium battery that you find these day on all the computer motherboard ?
post #43013 of 43014 Old 08-09-2014, 03:48 PM
Read the FAQ!

^ I'm not really sure. I think it is rechargeable as there are plenty of old units out there which are NOT losing the date/time every time they are powered off or lose wall power. Dating back to the original D2 units, that's quite a few years.
--Bob

post #43014 of 43014 Old 08-10-2014, 06:53 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked: 119
My 50V and I'm pretty sure my old 20 before it behaved the same as I recall. They would display that message every time they lose wall power, be it from an outage or from being unplugged. But they never showed it after just being off. Now since I don't really care about the time on them, I don't recall if they actually lost time or not, I want to say not. I always thought it was just a precautionary message saying, hey, power was lost, and since we can't be sure the time is still right, you should check it.

See what an anamorphoscopic lens can do, see movies the way they were meant to be seen
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Receivers Amplifiers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page