Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobDec View Post
Thanks for the quick response!

Im not sure I understand. Are you able to watch a movie, show etc and have the volume controls in white but everything else is transparent.

May I add this forum does rock!

Rob
When you change volume or press 'select' to view the status it will display the volume level or input statuses for a few seconds and goes away.
The text appearance is the same as closed caption text would appears in a movie. The status display timeout is adjustable from 1s to 15s.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #43082 of 43099 Old 09-14-2014, 07:32 PM

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 11
That's good news. Time to watch the game and have a beer.

Rob
post #43083 of 43099 Old 09-14-2014, 11:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Quote:
Thanks for the quick response!

Im not sure I understand. Are you able to watch a movie, show etc and have the volume controls in white but everything else is transparent.

May I add this forum does rock!

Rob
This might be a matter of terminology. Anthem calls all their setup screens the OSD. You can change the color of the OSD. It is not transparent.. Not even translucent. When you call up any of the OSD screens it replaces the video portion of the program you are watching.
The Volume as well as all the onscreen function displays are in White and not transparent. But they are not obtrusive at all.
The only adjustment available is in the the Setup for display setting and you can adjust how long the function or volume display should remain visible.
The volume is displayed in db rather than a visual bar graph.
post #43084 of 43099 Old 09-15-2014, 04:40 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 113 Post(s)
Liked: 142
Quote:
Originally Posted by thestewman View Post
The Volume as well as all the onscreen function displays are in White and not transparent.
To be clear, the text is opaque, but the background is translucent, just like the volume on any TV.

See what an anamorphoscopic lens can do,
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #43085 of 43099 Old 09-15-2014, 08:06 PM

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Thanks stranger89 and thestewsman

If anyone can help me on another question? Didn't get the unit yet but,

The Sales Order's description says Anthem AVM-50v Home Theater Processor V3 3D. Is that the same as Anthem AVM-50v 3D.

If anyone can help that would be a load off my back.

Thanks Rob
post #43086 of 43099 Old 09-15-2014, 09:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Thanks stranger89 and thestewsman

If anyone can help me on another question? Didn't get the unit yet but,

The Sales Order's description says Anthem AVM-50v Home Theater Processor V3 3D. Is that the same as Anthem AVM-50v 3D.

If anyone can help that would be a load off my back.

Thanks Rob
^
Probably one and the same. Just the way they wrote the sales order
post #43087 of 43099 Old 09-16-2014, 08:42 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Question for the ARC experts. I'm pulling my hair out trying to understand what's going on and if it's a problem.

Every time I run ARC (3.02) I get a reference level targeted at 70. I will preface that with that I have been diligent about setting the test level at 75db with a SPL meter and prior to doing that zeroing out all other trims, and making sure LF is at 0db.....

So I guess i'm asking:

1. Does it really matter if my reference level is targeted at 70 db... am I missing out on something or do I just need to turn up my volume a little louder?
2. Could this issue be a bug?
3. Should I just bump up my test level +5 db, regardless of what my SPL meter is telling me another rerun and be done with it?

I'd really like to get this correct so any direction on what approach I should take would be appreciated.

Last edited by Milwaukeesk; 09-16-2014 at 09:46 AM.
post #43088 of 43099 Old 09-16-2014, 11:38 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milwaukeesk View Post
Question for the ARC experts. I'm pulling my hair out trying to understand what's going on and if it's a problem.

Every time I run ARC (3.02) I get a reference level targeted at 70. I will preface that with that I have been diligent about setting the test level at 75db with a SPL meter and prior to doing that zeroing out all other trims, and making sure LF is at 0db.....

So I guess i'm asking:

1. Does it really matter if my reference level is targeted at 70 db... am I missing out on something or do I just need to turn up my volume a little louder?
2. Could this issue be a bug?
3. Should I just bump up my test level +5 db, regardless of what my SPL meter is telling me another rerun and be done with it?

I'd really like to get this correct so any direction on what approach I should take would be appreciated.
Nothing to worry about.
Anthem has stated the 75db is a relative reference level and ARC will internally make any adjustment neccessary.
But if you want you could rerun ARC and raise your levels 5db. It is possible your SPL meter is not 100% accurate.
post #43089 of 43099 Old 09-16-2014, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Nothing to worry about.
Anthem has stated the 75db is a relative reference level and ARC will internally make any adjustment neccessary.
But if you want you could rerun ARC and raise your levels 5db. It is possible your SPL meter is not 100% accurate.
Good deal. Thanks for the info. If it's not going to make any audible difference, I won't go through the trouble of rerunning ARC. I'm plenty happy with the Curves I have just didnt want to settle if I was going to miss out on something.
post #43090 of 43099 Old 09-16-2014, 12:52 PM
Read the FAQ!

Quoted: 320 Post(s)
Liked: 866
Sounds like you are fine as is. If you want to post your ARC charts folks can see if there's anything that would be worth "tweaking". But raising the basic volume level of the solution shown on the charts a few dB is *NOT* reason enough to tweak.
--Bob

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
. -- Need personal consultation/training?
post #43091 of 43099 Old 09-16-2014, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Pariseau View Post
Sounds like you are fine as is. If you want to post your ARC charts folks can see if there's anything that would be worth "tweaking". But raising the basic volume level of the solution shown on the charts a few dB is *NOT* reason enough to tweak.
--Bob
Here are my charts... i'm open to feedback as i'm no expert. You will notice that I adjusted some (Music targets are what ARC suggested). I moved the Sub to Flat, bumped up the EQ to 10k and played with the crossovers a little.

The reason I adjusted crossovers was because my front 3 speakers match and my rear 4 match. not sure if I needed to make that change as it did little to the curves. Thought it may help?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	arc1.png
Views:	27
Size:	149.4 KB
ID:	265553   Click image for larger version

Name:	arc3.png
Views:	24
Size:	45.5 KB
ID:	265561   Click image for larger version

Name:	arc2.png
Views:	29
Size:	152.4 KB
ID:	265569  

Last edited by Milwaukeesk; 09-16-2014 at 01:16 PM.
post #43092 of 43099 Old 09-16-2014, 01:53 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milwaukeesk View Post
Here are my charts... i'm open to feedback as i'm no expert. You will notice that I adjusted some (Music targets are what ARC suggested). I moved the Sub to Flat, bumped up the EQ to 10k and played with the crossovers a little.

The reason I adjusted crossovers was because my front 3 speakers match and my rear 4 match. not sure if I needed to make that change as it did little to the curves. Thought it may help?
Looks great. It was not bad to start with and ARC has added the crowning touch.
Would you mind telling the forum what speakers you are using.
post #43093 of 43099 Old 09-16-2014, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Looks great. It was not bad to start with and ARC has added the crowning touch.
Would you mind telling the forum what speakers you are using.
Dumb luck I guess...

I have:
M&K s150's across the front
M&K s85's for the four rears
2 subs - An older Sunfire signature, and a SVS NSD-pb12 (both up front in the room)
post #43094 of 43099 Old 09-16-2014, 03:28 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Anthem D2/D2v/AVM50/AVM50v/ARC1 tweaking guide

Deleted

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #43095 of 43099 Old 09-16-2014, 06:38 PM

Question on using the Anthem D2 processor with more than one subwoofer:
I have a single subwoofer with my 5.1 set-up. However, I am now considering adding a second subwoofer to run a 5.2 configuration.
I would like your help with these questions:
1. How does ARC treat two subs? Independently or as just one sub?
2. The two subs can be used as a master/slave configuration. Is this the preferred method if using two subs with ARC? Or should each sub be independent of the other?
3. How do you physically connect your subs to the Anthem? "Y" connectors? (BTW I intend to use XLR cables)
4. The subs have room correction software. I would assume that I should first run the subs' room correction and THEN do ARC. Is my assumption correct?
5. Most of my use will be music (70%). I currently have a Velodyne (18") that is fairly old. I am looking at upgrading to newer Velodynes or JL Audio. Thoughts?

Thanks in advance!
post #43096 of 43099 Old Yesterday, 06:44 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicoff View Post
I have a single subwoofer with my 5.1 set-up. However, I am now considering adding a second subwoofer to run a 5.2 configuration.
2. The two subs can be used as a master/slave configuration. Is this the preferred method if using two subs with ARC? Or should each sub be independent of the other?
3. How do you physically connect your subs to the Anthem? "Y" connectors? (BTW I intend to use XLR cables)
4. The subs have room correction software. I would assume that I should first run the subs' room correction and THEN do ARC. Is my assumption correct?
5. Most of my use will be music (70%). I currently have a Velodyne (18") that is fairly old. I am looking at upgrading to newer Velodynes or JL Audio. Thoughts?

Thanks in advance!
ARC treats both subs as a single sub. Just calibrate the SPL of each sub independently before you run ARC. Make sure you've set the phase, etc. This is spelled out in the user manual.

With the Anthem you can use either a Y cable or use the independent XLR sub1 and sub2 outputs. There isn't any independent adjustment via room calibration that happens with each output so it's your preference. Given you're running balanced cables, use the Sub1 and Sub2 outputs with individual balanced cables.

I suggest you run ARC first and then look at the results. ARC is amazing with what it does. If you're not satisfied with the ARC results, then go back and run the built-in room correction software of the subs if they have it.

JL Audio's and REL's subwoofers are my first-choice. You do pay a premium for those brands. I've been reading some consistently impressive reviews lately about the SVS line of Ultra subs (http://www.audioholics.com/subwoofer...ltra-subwoofer and http://www.pooraudiophile.com/2014/0...er-review.html). They offer a 45 day in-home trial with no shipping cost either way. I haven't had a chance to listen to any of the new Velodynes since they went consumer-direct.

post #43097 of 43099 Old Yesterday, 08:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Thanks in advance!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thxtheater View Post
ARC treats both subs as a single sub. Just calibrate the SPL of each sub independently before you run ARC. Make sure you've set the phase, etc. This is spelled out in the user manual.

With the Anthem you can use either a Y cable or use the independent XLR sub1 and sub2 outputs. There isn't any independent adjustment via room calibration that happens with each output so it's your preference. Given you're running balanced cables, use the Sub1 and Sub2 outputs with individual balanced cables.

I suggest you run ARC first and then look at the results. ARC is amazing with what it does. If you're not satisfied with the ARC results, then go back and run the built-in room correction software of the subs if they have it.

JL Audio's and REL's subwoofers are my first-choice. You do pay a premium for those brands. I've been reading some consistently impressive reviews lately about the SVS line of Ultra subs (http://www.audioholics.com/subwoofer...ltra-subwoofer and http://www.pooraudiophile.com/2014/0...er-review.html). They offer a 45 day in-home trial with no shipping cost either way. I haven't had a chance to listen to any of the new Velodynes since they went consumer-direct.
Make sure in setup your have chosen 1 Sub not 2 Subs
2 Subs is used without ARC
post #43098 of 43099 Old Yesterday, 08:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Thanks in advance!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thxtheater View Post

One easily made mistake that was not mentioned.
post #43099 of 43099 Old Today, 08:27 AM

Quote:
One easily made mistake that was not mentioned.
Thxtheater, thestewman,
Thank you both very much! Great suggestions. I will look into other suggested subs as well.
Thanks again!!
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Receivers Amplifiers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page