Anthem D2/D2v/AVM50/AVM50v/ARC1 tweaking guide - Page 1439 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 6Likes

post #43141 of 43164 Old 09-26-2014, 03:35 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Anyone looking for the 3D upgrade for the second gen D2V? PM me as I have an upgrade kit that is not compatible with my older one #140914 . which is also for sale.

Jeremy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #43142 of 43164 Old 09-26-2014, 04:37 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitecamaross View Post
has anyone ever used Sonos with their d2 in order to stream music? i hate having to turn on my laptop to stream music. i like the ability to use my phone app to operate everything..
Yes. Questions?
post #43143 of 43164 Old 09-26-2014, 09:22 PM

Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Pariseau View Post
The LFE channel can only be attenuated, not boosted.

You can boost the Subwoofer as a whole (LFE plus any bass steered to the Sub due to Crossover processing). But not JUST the LFE.
--Bob
Thanks!
Is there any different between the manual subwoofer channel (LFE plus any bass steered to the Sub due to Crossover processing) and the remote control subwoofer channel? (only bass steered to the Sub due to Crossover processing) Thanks!
post #43144 of 43164 Old 09-27-2014, 04:45 AM
Read the FAQ!

Quoted: 361 Post(s)
Liked: 880
^ I'm not sure what you mean by the "manual" vs. the "remote control".

The volume trims (Level Calibration) should be left as ARC sets them when you do your ARC Upload to the Anthem. The level adjustments on the remote control are "temporary" adjustments -- remembered separately per type of audio input format. Use those if you feel you have to make adjustments due to, for example, a poorly designed audio mix in some movie. The Sub adjustment on the remote affects both steered base and LFE going to the Sub. The LFE adjustment only affects LFE going to the Sub.
--Bob

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
. -- Need personal consultation/training?
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #43145 of 43164 Old 09-27-2014, 11:43 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Can anyone tell me why I can't hear anything when I have Netflix playing through my ps3 but if I play a bluray i can hear the sound without any problems? I set the ps3 to pcm. ..
post #43146 of 43164 Old 09-27-2014, 05:42 PM

Liked: 10
Does anyone have a remote that they can spare for a D2V non 3D unit? Please PM me.
Thanks

Last edited by solly46; 09-30-2014 at 12:08 PM.
post #43147 of 43164 Old 09-27-2014, 07:50 PM

Anyone have issues with nextflix through the ps3? I set it to pcm but when I play Netflix and the movie is in 5.1,I get no sound but if change the setting on the actual movie on Netflix to stereo then I get sound. .?
post #43148 of 43164 Old 09-27-2014, 08:52 PM

i have read that the d2 supports dolby digital plus which is what my whole netflix questions is all about. i can't seem to hear any sound when i select dolby digital plus on neflix?
post #43149 of 43164 Old 09-28-2014, 07:10 PM

Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Hi
Ive come across a problem. When playing a movie (Return of the King) and using Dig HDMI. It takes a couple of minutes to get the 6.1 sound and kick-in. Any answers would be appreciated!

Rob
post #43150 of 43164 Old 09-28-2014, 08:16 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobDec View Post
Hi
Ive come across a problem. When playing a movie (Return of the King) and using Dig HDMI. It takes a couple of minutes to get the 6.1 sound and kick-in. Any answers would be appreciated!

Rob
Rob to be clear, do you mean after the movie itself it started? You won't get anything other than stereo normally when all the previews and preliminary items are playing on the disk.

Again, just to confirm the movie will start in stereo? And then it will kick into a full surround for my two or three minutes into the movie itself?
post #43151 of 43164 Old 09-28-2014, 08:41 PM

Yes that's what it does not all the time though. I have other issues though, maybe you or someone else can piece it together.
1) sometime the blue menu rolls or turns pink for a second.
2)a couple of audio dropouts on Sat, but that cold be just Directv. One dropout on Return of the King
3)sometimes on my Oppo 103D the front pane freezes showing on it "Root Menu".
4)I pressed the Menu button and setup menus didn't show, but worked.

I switched HDMI cables and got the Menu back, (crossing my fingers). I don't mean to drop all this on you, But again I would appreciated it.

Rob
post #43152 of 43164 Old 09-28-2014, 08:46 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Yes that's what it does not all the time though. I have other issues though, maybe you or someone else can piece it together.
1) sometime the blue menu rolls or turns pink for a second.
2)a couple of audio dropouts on Sat, but that cold be just Directv. One dropout on Return of the King
3)sometimes on my Oppo 103D the front pane freezes showing on it "Root Menu".
4)I pressed the Menu button and setup menus didn't show, but worked.

I switched HDMI cables and got the Menu back, (crossing my fingers). I don't mean to drop all this on you, But again I would appreciated it.

Rob
The screen turning pink and audio dropouts sound like an HDMI handshake issue. My first suggestion is for you to change the HDMI cable. How long is your HDMI cable run and what cable are you using?

post #43153 of 43164 Old 09-28-2014, 08:59 PM

Thxtheater, thanks for your response.
Im using Audio Quest chocolate 1m from Oppo 103d to AVM 50v, and then Audio Quest Chocolate 3m from AVM 50v to display.
I swapped the 1m cable with the Oppo cable I got when I purchase the unit. Its 6 foot.

I had a problem with audio dropouts on 3d, I swicthed the HDMI cables to different inputs on display and AVM50v and no more 3d problems

Rob
post #43154 of 43164 Old 09-28-2014, 10:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Quote:
Im using Audio Quest chocolate 1m from Oppo 103d to AVM 50v, and then Audio Quest Chocolate 3m from AVM 50v to display.
I swapped the 1m cable with the Oppo cable I got when I purchase the unit. Its 6 foot.

I had a problem with audio dropouts on 3d, I swicthed the HDMI cables to different inputs on display and AVM50v and no more 3d problems

Rob
It has been stated previously in the forum and I am sure not easily found, that 6 ft is the minimum length desired for an HDMI cable.
Maybe also try a different brand than Audioquest, Not saying they are bad it just might be a mismatch with your equipment.
I have always had good luck with the OPPO supplied cable and Monoprice.
You do not need ultra cost HDMI cables but do need a HDMI 1.4 or High Speed cable.
post #43155 of 43164 Old 09-28-2014, 10:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thestewman View Post
It has been stated previously in the forum and I am sure not easily found, that 6 ft is the minimum length desired for an HDMI cable.
Maybe also try a different brand than Audioquest, Not saying they are bad it just might be a mismatch with your equipment.
I have always had good luck with the OPPO supplied cable and Monoprice.
You do not need ultra cost HDMI cables but do need a HDMI 1.4 or High Speed cable.
Thanks Do you know where I can get the Monoprice? Im also using a Audioquest power cord. Do you think that might be an issue?
I love this processor, just hoping nothings wrong.
Rob
post #43156 of 43164 Old 09-29-2014, 12:17 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Quote:
Thanks Do you know where I can get the Monoprice? Im also using a Audioquest power cord. Do you think that might be an issue?
I love this processor, just hoping nothings wrong.
Rob
Monoprice http://www.monoprice.com/Category?c_id=102&cp_id=10240.

Remember at least 6ft and High speed.

I wish I could guarantee this will fix the problem but I can't

The power cord would have no effect on the HDMI handshake
post #43157 of 43164 Old 09-29-2014, 05:50 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Rob
Rob,

what display are you using and do you have deep color turned on in the oppo? I had very similar issues with my AVM50v3D and documented what I did in earlier posts and noted what settings caused the problem in 3D and which did not.
post #43158 of 43164 Old 09-29-2014, 08:43 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 221 Post(s)
Liked: 360
I have used a Sonos box with the D2/D2V with no issues at all. I can't remember what the model name was specifically, but it was the box with the digital output. I just fed it directly to the Anthem and used the iPhone app. Worked fine, no issues. Sonos has some restrictions in terms of what resolution you want to playback though. I don't remember the cap though. I also used a Squeezebox which worked well too and didn't have the same restrictions in terms of resolution.

Now I just have all the music I want on a hard drive connected directly to my Oppo. No restrictions on resolution or file type.

Senior Video Editor
Secrets of Home Theater and High Fidelity

post #43159 of 43164 Old 09-29-2014, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thxtheater View Post
Rob,

what display are you using and do you have deep color turned on in the oppo? I had very similar issues with my AVM50v3D and documented what I did in earlier posts and noted what settings caused the problem in 3D and which did not.
Thxtheater,
Im using the Sharp LC-80E844U. Should I turn deep color on the Oppo on or off?
Rob
post #43160 of 43164 Old 09-29-2014, 09:47 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Thxtheater,
Im using the Sharp LC-80E844U. Should I turn deep color on the Oppo on or off?
Rob
Turn all those options off. Put color to REC. 709 or 4:2:2 out of the Oppo. I documented issues with Samsung, Panasonic and Sony that I could not duplicate with my Oppo but my Oppo isn't 3D. I could only duplicate the issue in the 3D models.

post #43161 of 43164 Old 09-29-2014, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Turn all those options off. Put color to REC. 709 or 4:2:2 out of the Oppo. I documented issues with Samsung, Panasonic and Sony that I could not duplicate with my Oppo but my Oppo isn't 3D. I could only duplicate the issue in the 3D models.
I turned off settings and changed to 4:2:2. I think its definitely a handshake issue. I swapped AQ cable with 4m Acoustical Research cable and the pink got worse.
I reseated HDMI cables hope this works.

Rob
post #43162 of 43164 Old 09-30-2014, 11:51 AM
Advanced Member

We had a discussion a while back about what audio resolution ARC can processes without downsampling. Audioholics has posted an article on ARC that indicates that it's 96kHz for the pre-pros and 48kHz for the receivers. http://www.audioholics.com/room-acou...m-eq-interview

post #43163 of 43164 Old 09-30-2014, 04:01 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
I turned off settings and changed to 4:2:2. I think its definitely a handshake issue. I swapped AQ cable with 4m Acoustical Research cable and the pink got worse.
I reseated HDMI cables hope this works.

Rob
In addition to accumulating an HDMI cable library with all my testing I also invested in an HDMI cable tester from Monoprice. Best thing I ever did. That way I'm not playing the guessing game with cables.

Personally, I'm sold on Monoprice and Bluejeans HDMI cables. I've had excellent success with the HDMI Redmere cables. Not a single one has given me a problem.

If it's any help, look at my problem from this post and what I did with debugging. It may or may not be related. I and to have a certain combination of settings to get it to work just right.

Anthem D2/D2v/AVM50/AVM50v/ARC1 tweaking guide Post number #42616

post #43164 of 43164 Old 09-30-2014, 04:54 PM

Quote:
In addition to accumulating an HDMI cable library with all my testing I also invested in an HDMI cable tester from Monoprice. Best thing I ever did. That way I'm not playing the guessing game with cables.

Personally, I'm sold on Monoprice and Bluejeans HDMI cables. I've had excellent success with the HDMI Redmere cables. Not a single one has given me a problem.

If it's any help, look at my problem from this post and what I did with debugging. It may or may not be related. I and to have a certain combination of settings to get it to work just right.

Anthem D2/D2v/AVM50/AVM50v/ARC1 tweaking guide Post number #42616
Thanks
I did some tweeking and no more audio dropouts. It seems all of my issues were resolved. I reseated HDMI cables, hard booted my display. restored factory defaults on Oppo.
The only problem is pink flashes, and occasionally my menu which I have set at BLUE gives me a faded blue color. I did some research and found others have similar problems. There solution was to Not to turn the menu ON and OFF and then again ON and OFF (to space them about 10 minutes apart, which works) But it doesn't eliminate the problem. Until I get new HDMI cables, it will have to do.
Rob
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Receivers Amplifiers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page