Forum Jump: 
 21Likes

post #43381 of 43386 Old 11-21-2014, 10:06 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 17
My new (second hand) D2 with ARC is coming tomorrow. From reading this it appears I use the CD that comes with the ARC kit? There is also reference to downloading the latest ARC software but I don't see anything listed for ARC software under the D2:

http://www.anthemav.com/support/latest-software.php

As this thread is very long, can someone point me in the right direction as to the proper steps to get me going please? I will be running it out a Windows 7 PC 64bit. Does the kit come with a cable, do I need to buy one if so does anyone have a link to the correct type?

Thanks in advance
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #43382 of 43386 Old Yesterday, 05:31 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by fmzip View Post
My new (second hand) D2 with ARC is coming tomorrow. From reading this it appears I use the CD that comes with the ARC kit? There is also reference to downloading the latest ARC software but I don't see anything listed for ARC software under the D2:

As this thread is very long, can someone point me in the right direction as to the proper steps to get me going please? I will be running it out a Windows 7 PC 64bit. Does the kit come with a cable, do I need to buy one if so does anyone have a link to the correct type?

Thanks in advance
Start with PAGE 1 of this Thread - all the steps are there
post #43383 of 43386 Old Yesterday, 06:24 AM
Read the FAQ!

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 507 Post(s)
Liked: 947
ARC v3.0.2 as found in Anthem's downloads for the D2v is also what's used for the D2. Do not install ARC from the original D2 ARC install disc. Instead install the v3.0.2 version.

To do that, download and unzip that version. Dive into the resulting folder to find the Setup.Exe program -- the installer itself. Load your original ARC install CD. If that automatically launches its installer simply Quit out of that. Dive into the loaded CD to find the Setup.Exe program in it. In that same location you will find two files with names made up of numbers. The numbers are the serial number of your D2 and the serial number of your ARC mic. Check that these numbers match the actual serial numbers. If not, call Anthem tech support and they can email you the correct two files. These files are your ARC license and the mic calibration data for your specific ARC mic.

Copy the correct two files, both of them, from the ARC CD into the folder where you found Setup.Exe in the downloaded version.

Now eject the ARC CD. Save it in case you ever need to copy those two files in the future.

Run Setup.exe from the v3.0.2 downloaded version. It will install ARC and copy those two files where they need to go as part of that.
--Bob
AVfile likes this.

Last edited by Bob Pariseau; Yesterday at 06:25 AM.
post #43384 of 43386 Old Yesterday, 07:21 AM
Advanced Member

^^^^ thank you Bob!
post #43385 of 43386 Old Yesterday, 09:02 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by fmzip View Post

Thanks in advance
If not included with your purchase you will need a Keyspan USB Serial Adapter
model USA-19HS made by Tripplite
There should be a RS232 cable with the ARC kit
post #43386 of 43386 Old Yesterday, 11:03 AM
Advanced Member

^ Thank you guys for saving me a bunch of time searching
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors