Anthem D2/D2v/AVM50/AVM50v/ARC1 tweaking guide - Page 1451 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 29Likes

post #43501 of 43513 Old Yesterday, 03:18 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 10
This is the rear of my sub. Any thoughts?

thanks
Conrad
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20141224_161335-2.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	125.6 KB
ID:	440002  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #43502 of 43513 Old Yesterday, 03:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 78 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDCaduceus View Post
fixed the microphone issue - ran ARC without sub since I can not get the Subs to get a signal (even when entering listening calibration in the setup menu. I have the setup for 1 sub right now - though I have two subs (B&W) both should be getting signals from the processor via RCA on Sub 1 and Sub 2 Output. However, I get nothing. Don't know why. Will post a pic of the sub rear to see if you guys might know what is going on.

Any help is much appreciated.

thanks
Conrad
You should have the output of Anthem Sub1 to line in on the first sub and output of Anthem Sub 2 connected to line in of the second sub
Ensure you have your 12v triggers set up correctly.
The B&W Sub should have a Green Led On if operating correctly.
post #43503 of 43513 Old Yesterday, 03:56 PM

thestewman that is correct. However, I do not have any 12v triggers in this setup. Never needed them before. Do I need 12v triggers to run my subs from the anthem d2v3d?
post #43504 of 43513 Old Yesterday, 04:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
thestewman that is correct. However, I do not have any 12v triggers in this setup. Never needed them before. Do I need 12v triggers to run my subs from the anthem d2v3d?
Not entirely familiar with the B&W setup.
You do have to make some sort of decision how to turn it on.
Your options are ON, Auto, Standby
If you set it on it will remain on 24/7 until you turn it off
Auto means you need a 12v trigger from the Anthem
Standby it is not On only energized
If it is on you will get a Green Led
post #43505 of 43513 Old Yesterday, 04:14 PM

I left it at on and it has a green light so we should be good
post #43506 of 43513 Old Yesterday, 06:39 PM

But again. Even thought the sub is on (green light) and connections are correct. What am I doing wrong? Is there something I need to do in the setup menu that I am not doing correctly? I currently have the setup for 1 sub in my speaker config. Should I have two subs now that I ran ARC and my speakers are calibrated? Thanks again Conrad.
post #43507 of 43513 Old Yesterday, 07:33 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
But again. Even thought the sub is on (green light) and connections are correct. What am I doing wrong? Is there something I need to do in the setup menu that I am not doing correctly? I currently have the setup for 1 sub in my speaker config. Should I have two subs now that I ran ARC and my speakers are calibrated? Thanks again Conrad.
One sub is the correct setting.

First I would take the line going to Sub 1 and plug it into the Anthem output for one of your front speakers then test to ensure the sub is working.
And then the opposite to ensure sound is going to the sub

Open ARC and check the target and make sure you do not have none selected for the sub in the target window

Open Speaker configuration and check your speaker config for Bass Management Music and Movie
to ensure you have 1 sub selected
post #43508 of 43513 Old Yesterday, 10:49 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:

So just to be clear--- are you not getting sound to your subs when you choose 'sub' in the 'level calibration' section of the setup, or during the sub sweeps during the ARC run?

When you run ARC you need to choose your speaker configuration in ARC. As you open ARC in either the 'manual' or 'automatic' choice the first page that will appear (after it recognizes your processor and you choose your mic) will be a speaker setup page for movie and music. You should choose your speaker setup there. Be sure that you have checked 'subwoofer' in ARC. Once ARC is run it will override anything you have setup previously in the 'speaker configuration' area of the setup menu and will set subs to 1 sub even if you had previously chosen 2 subs in the 'speaker configuration' of setup.

If you post your ARC graphs and targets we may be able to help you more.

Looking at the picture of the back of your sub it appears to be turned on and connected correctly. You do not need to worry about the 12v triggers even if your sub is set to 'auto'. In the 'auto' mode your sub remains in standby until it senses a signal, then will turn on. But since you have yours 'on' , they will be on all the time.

"You can have my remote when you pry it from my cold dead fingers" tngiloy
Anthem D2v;Anthem A5;Golden Ear Aon3,SuperCenter XL,SuperSat3;SVS SB13 Plus x 2;Oppo BDP-103D;Ayre CX-7eMP;Panasonic plasma; Dish Hopper;PS Audio Power Plant 5- Subject to change without prior notification.
post #43509 of 43513 Old Today, 12:06 AM

That is correct during the level calibration I'm getting no sound to my sub. Even when it's selected. In addition, doing the ARC set up I originally had the sub selected however when the test began and it got to the part where it was measuring the sub woofer it gave me an error code advising me that it was unable to proceed. So you are correct I'm not getting sound either on level calibration for arc when I have probably selected the sub.

At this point, I really believe that I might have a bad processor. I have only had my processor for approximately five months.

To make matters worse, I check my processor tonight and now I'm having a handshake issue with my HDMI out.
It seems now my HDMI out of the processor will not project any kind of picture or sound at all. Even when I switch The source to resolve any kind of handshake issues, which normally correction itself by showing a picture, this time my screen simply flickers telling me I have an HDMI out issue

So I am really at a loss. It looks like it's a bad processor but I can't be sure I think I'm pretty competent but I learn something new every day. I really don't know what's going on in my situation either with the sub or now my picture.

Do you guys have any advice on where I should take this? Or any advice on how to fix these issues?
post #43510 of 43513 Old Today, 08:20 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
That is correct during the level calibration I'm getting no sound to my sub. Even when it's selected. In addition, doing the ARC set up I originally had the sub selected however when the test began and it got to the part where it was measuring the sub woofer it gave me an error code advising me that it was unable to proceed. So you are correct I'm not getting sound either on level calibration for arc when I have probably selected the sub.

At this point, I really believe that I might have a bad processor. I have only had my processor for approximately five months.

To make matters worse, I check my processor tonight and now I'm having a handshake issue with my HDMI out.
It seems now my HDMI out of the processor will not project any kind of picture or sound at all. Even when I switch The source to resolve any kind of handshake issues, which normally correction itself by showing a picture, this time my screen simply flickers telling me I have an HDMI out issue

So I am really at a loss. It looks like it's a bad processor but I can't be sure I think I'm pretty competent but I learn something new every day. I really don't know what's going on in my situation either with the sub or now my picture.

Do you guys have any advice on where I should take this? Or any advice on how to fix these issues?
Hard to believe after 5 months it is going bad they are very reliable.
Usually it is something that the user forgot, a connection problem or a temporary firmware glitch. Hopefully we can correct it.
It is a good policy to start from the basics and check each item, not skipping any steps.
If you still have the HDMI problem.
Do a hard reset of the Anthem and your display disconnecting power from each for 2 or 3 minutes.
Restart both. Still no picture or sound ?
Check you have a HDMI source selected in the Anthem and the correct input source selected in your display.
Unplug the output HDMI cable at both ends and reinsert making sure it goes straight into the socket

Still no picture or sound ?
Attempt to bring up the setup menu on your display using the remote control
Nothing ?
With the HDMI source you want selected scroll through the front Led displays using the status button and write each down and let us know what each says
post #43511 of 43513 Old Today, 09:42 AM
Read the FAQ!

Quoted: 627 Post(s)
Liked: 1030
Odds are you have a cabling problem.

Check that you are REALLY connected to the Sub output of the Anthem and that you are connected to Line Level input at the Sub. Your Sub may have high level input and line level output jacks, neither of which will work.

If no easy answer there, temporarily change LF/RF to Full Range in the Anthem, then move the plug from the Sub output to the LF output and unplug the RF output. Play a CD with good bass and confirm you are getting sound from the Sub. If not there is a problem in the cable or the Sub.

It wouldn't surprise me if your HDMI problem is just that you jiggled an HDMI plug while futzing with the Sub or the RS-232 serial connection. Reseat your HDMI plugs.
--Bob

Last edited by Bob Pariseau; Today at 09:44 AM.
post #43512 of 43513 Old Today, 05:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
This is the rear of my sub. Any thoughts?

thanks
Conrad

Conrad
Unless my eyesight is going bad it looks like your input cable is severely frayed
And you still have the lowpass crosover for the sub engaged which it should not be for ARC
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_20141224_161335-2.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	29.6 KB
ID:	441626  
post #43513 of 43513 Old Today, 06:05 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by thestewman View Post
Conrad
Unless my eyesight is going bad it looks like your input cable is severely frayed
And you still have the lowpass crosover for the sub engaged which it should not be for ARC

Good eye Stew.
Also please check your connections in the back of the D2v. Make sure the cables are plugged all the way in. Some cables have tighter connections and you may think you are all the way in when you are not.
From what you posted it sounds like you are using the correct connections, but please refer to the attachment to make sure you are using the correct inputs. You should be using the 'main audio out' rca analog sub1 and sub2 outs.
It is usually something simple. But the hard reset (unplugging your d2v for a few minutes) may help. If all else fails you may want to re-upload your firmware.
BTW what firmware are you running?? Is your D2v a 3d model ??

We want to get you up and running ASAP. There may still be time to watch Polar Express with your family.

Tom
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	D2V.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	43.5 KB
ID:	441666  

"You can have my remote when you pry it from my cold dead fingers" tngiloy
Anthem D2v;Anthem A5;Golden Ear Aon3,SuperCenter XL,SuperSat3;SVS SB13 Plus x 2;Oppo BDP-103D;Ayre CX-7eMP;Panasonic plasma; Dish Hopper;PS Audio Power Plant 5- Subject to change without prior notification.
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Receivers Amplifiers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page