Anthem D2/D2v/AVM50/AVM50v/ARC1 tweaking guide - Page 1463 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 65Likes

post #43861 of 43865 Old 04-16-2015, 04:19 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by N2AUDIO View Post
Hello everyone!

I recently purchased a used Anthem AVM 20 from an individual on Audiogon, but the yahoo who sold it to me forgot to remove the setup password for the preamp and I can't get a hold of that individual to get the password. Is there any way to do a "hard reset" of the AVM 20 using a sequence of buttons on the front panel in order to erase the settings to factory defaults?
It might not work, but in the D2 manual to clear the password, you press the right arrow key 4 times, then 4 times again to confirm. It may flash message "user password removed".

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #43862 of 43865 Old 04-17-2015, 03:30 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I had my anthem d2v updated to the 3d model about 11 months ago.
running fine up to six weeks ago. Sent it back to anthem and another almost a month went by.
it was the cable to the 3d hdmi that was replaced
they sent it back with defaults installed. I do not think i saved by last settings. But I put in the user settings.
everything working fine including oppo on bluray and dvds, except my media server that has blu rays and dvds on it.
The 1080p films have a jitter, jumping. In both 60 frames or 24p

the 24p from my oppo works fine

settings
ntsc
hdmi
1920x1080p/24
hdtb
studio rgb
12 bit i have tried lowering it to 8 bit no luck
black
normal
passthru

set on sat 1 and 2
sat two is

hdmi 2
dig hdmi
auto dig no

any suggestions, please
thanks
gerry

Last edited by slots1; 04-17-2015 at 08:32 PM.
post #43863 of 43865 Old 04-18-2015, 08:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 140 Post(s)
Liked: 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by slots1 View Post
I had my anthem d2v updated to the 3d model about 11 months ago.
running fine up to six weeks ago. Sent it back to anthem and another almost a month went by.
it was the cable to the 3d hdmi that was replaced
they sent it back with defaults installed. I do not think i saved by last settings. But I put in the user settings.
everything working fine including oppo on bluray and dvds, except my media server that has blu rays and dvds on it.
The 1080p films have a jitter, jumping. In both 60 frames or 24p

the 24p from my oppo works fine

settings
ntsc
hdmi
1920x1080p/24
hdtb
studio rgb
12 bit i have tried lowering it to 8 bit no luck
black
normal
passthru

set on sat 1 and 2
sat two is

hdmi 2
dig hdmi
auto dig no

any suggestions, please
thanks
gerry

Gerry

What is your media server ?

What kind of video files are you attempting to playback ?

How do you get the signal fromyour media server ?

How do you get the video and audio signal to the Anthem HDMI input ?

The playback should be the same for your OPPO. Have you tried switching the Anthem HDMI inputs ?
post #43864 of 43865 Old Today, 03:53 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by tngiloy View Post
Hopefully a 'flash erase' and new firmware download and installation will fix it.
From personal experience sending equipment back to Anthem can be a slow trip. Especially if US Customs is involved.
N2AUDIO, please let us know how it works out for you.

Tom
Tom,

Thank you for your help and concern (and for everyone else's for that matter). I was able to obtain the password from the guy I bought the AVM-20 from, so disaster was averted. On a different note, I noticed that when I power up the AVM20, it takes about 8 to 10 seconds for the preamp to trigger my Emotiva UPA-500 amp to turn on. This did not happen with my NAD T747 that I was using as a preamp, because I could vary the trigger delay with that unit, but there doesn't seem to be a way to do that with the AVM20 (only enable/disable it). It's kind of annoying and certainly doesn't seem like it should work that way. It's very consistent in the lag, too. Has anyone experienced this long lag in triggering amps with their AVM 20, 30, and/or 40 processors? Not sure if this is normal behavior for these Anthems or not. As always, your inputs are greatly appreciated.

James
post #43865 of 43865 Old Today, 04:32 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by N2AUDIO View Post
Tom,

Thank you for your help and concern (and for everyone else's for that matter). I was able to obtain the password from the guy I bought the AVM-20 from, so disaster was averted. On a different note, I noticed that when I power up the AVM20, it takes about 8 to 10 seconds for the preamp to trigger my Emotiva UPA-500 amp to turn on. This did not happen with my NAD T747 that I was using as a preamp, because I could vary the trigger delay with that unit, but there doesn't seem to be a way to do that with the AVM20 (only enable/disable it). It's kind of annoying and certainly doesn't seem like it should work that way. It's very consistent in the lag, too. Has anyone experienced this long lag in triggering amps with their AVM 20, 30, and/or 40 processors? Not sure if this is normal behavior for these Anthems or not. As always, your inputs are greatly appreciated.

James
My D2v takes about 45-60 seconds to power up to the point that the 12v triggers are enabled. This is normal with all the Anthem processors I have owned. During the 'power up' cycle none of the remote functions will work-- volume, source select, etc.
If it really bothers you, just turn the AVM 20 on first, then your sources and monitors.

Tom

BTW-- glad you were able to get the password and didn't have to do anything drastic.

"You can have my remote when you pry it from my cold dead fingers" tngiloy
Anthem D2v;Anthem A5;Golden Ear Aon3,SuperCenter XL,SuperSat3/50;SVS SB13 Plus x 2;DSPeaker Anti-mode 2.0;Oppo BDP-103D;Ayre C-5exMP;Ayre QB-9;Panasonic plasma; Dish Hopper;PS Audio Power Plant 5- Subject to change without prior notification.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Receivers Amplifiers