Anthem D2/D2v/AVM50/AVM50v/ARC1 tweaking guide - Page 1466 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 70Likes
post #43951 of 43954 Unread Today, 04:55 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by etrexler View Post
Hi Bob and group,

I've been following for years on this forum. Within the past year I've noticed that my active subwoofers (2) no longer output sound (bass). They are active, are powered on, and the from light showing activity remains red (green when working). I can't find a single config setting in the setup on the D2 that changes their behavior. They used to work and stopped, but I can't tell if it was related to a change that I made or an issue with the subwoofer output.

Have you ever heard of this? Any ideas?Thanks,
eric

If I understand correctly you're saying that the red light on your subs is not turning green. Many subs have a 'standby' setting to reduce power consumption when not in use, and will power on (light will turn green) when they receive a signal. But the signal need to be sufficient to trigger the sub. It sounds like your subs may not be receiving a strong enough signal. From you ARC chart it appears that your subs should be turned on in settings as long as ARC is turned on in the sources. So be sure to check your sources and make sure ARC ROOM EQ is 'on'. In SPEAKER CONFIGURATION open the movie config and see if 'advanced settings ' are on. If ARC is loaded it should be 'on' and crossovers for your speakers should be the same as they are on the ARC targets page (except for the sub cross-over/cutoff thing that we don't need to get into here).
If those settings are OK, then check to make sure the 'on the fly' setting for your subs has not been turned down. While listening to a movie push the 'SUB-LFE' button on the Anthem remote. It should read'+0.0'. If has been turned down return it to '+0.0'. See the 'OPERATION/LEVEL TRIM' section of your manual for a better explanation.
See if your subs have an 'always on' setting. Many have 'off', 'standby' and 'on' power choices. If you can turn them to always 'on' it should turn your light green, which means that the sub's amp is on. If you can set their power to 'on' try playing a disc with good bass and LFE and listen. If you still can't hear the sub, place your hand on the sub speaker and feel for any movement.

Hope this helps. As MicthPope said, its unlikely both subs would die at the same time. Its probably a screwy setting.

"When all else fails, read the manual."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #43952 of 43954 Unread Today, 12:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 132 Post(s)
Liked: 101
It seems I prefer Analog Direct when playing Hi-Rez stereo sources with my Electrostats (Martin-Logan Spires) which radiate sound equally from the front and back panels. But I want to correct a dip in the 100-300Hz region and hope the tone controls would help here. Would they work in Analog-Direct mode?

David

How to phase match subwoofers to the mains speakers: http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...0#post19542630
post #43953 of 43954 Unread Today, 03:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 153 Post(s)
Liked: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmusoke View Post
It seems I prefer Analog Direct when playing Hi-Rez stereo sources with my Electrostats (Martin-Logan Spires) which radiate sound equally from the front and back panels. But I want to correct a dip in the 100-300Hz region and hope the tone controls would help here. Would they work in Analog-Direct mode?

David
Sorry David but the controls to not work on Analog Direct.

How are you determining you have this dip ?
Other ways to control it would be speaker positioning and the physical room characteristics.

On second thought you said 100-300hz . 320hz is the crossover frequency. Might be important

Last edited by thestewman; Today at 03:22 PM.
post #43954 of 43954 Unread Today, 03:46 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 132 Post(s)
Liked: 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by thestewman View Post
Sorry David but the controls to not work on Analog Direct.

How are you determining you have this dip ?
Other ways to control it would be speaker positioning and the physical room characteristics.

On second thought you said 100-300hz . 320hz is the crossover frequency. Might be important

Bummer...I thought so.

I looked at my ARC 'before' plots to identify the dip which is actually between 100-200Hz. I thought using mild EQ would help solve the problem.

Guess will again have to try placement options to see if it helps, didn't succeed last time around.

How to phase match subwoofers to the mains speakers: http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...0#post19542630
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Receivers Amplifiers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page