Anthem D2/D2v/AVM50/AVM50v/ARC1 tweaking guide - Page 1469 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 79Likes
post #44041 of 44045 Old 07-03-2015, 04:10 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 10
That should work unless there is an issue between ARC and XP. XP is very old Windows OS and no longer supported by anyone. The main point is to use bootcamp and not an emulation program.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #44042 of 44045 Old 07-03-2015, 05:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 115 Post(s)
Liked: 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by benleeys View Post
Tom, I wonder what we both have in common. Like you, both my D2 and D2v/D2v3D exhibit the same symptoms. Both of them were purchased new, and from day 1, the problem was there.

Ben

You mentioned you are using the video processor (i.e. not set to Pass Through like me) in the Anthem. What is your Video Output Config?

I wonder if there is something unique about the HDMI format you guys are using. Have you tried different configs (resolution, interlaced, frame rate, RGB/YCbCr, or bit depth) to see if one works better with the Setup menu?

The SETUP menu is supposed to adopt the video output Config of the current source but I have seen it act up (only when using Passthrough though, in which case it is undefined!)

- AVStefan
If you like someone's post, just use the Like button to give thanks.
post #44043 of 44045 Old 07-03-2015, 05:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 115 Post(s)
Liked: 76
Anthem D2/D2v/AVM50/AVM50v/ARC1 tweaking guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emosewa09 View Post
That should work unless there is an issue between ARC and XP. XP is very old Windows OS and no longer supported by anyone. The main point is to use bootcamp and not an emulation program.

Nothing wrong with XP and lack of so-called support just means less annoying Windows updates

Section 3.15 (p.47) of the Anthem user manual states XP or later (remember ARC is also "old") and a PC with a 9-pin serial port (also old) is ideal.

- AVStefan
If you like someone's post, just use the Like button to give thanks.
post #44044 of 44045 Old Yesterday, 04:06 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emosewa09 View Post
As I noted, I use it. It works fine with XP. I need to use a portable occasionally for a few programs including ARC, and I use my old Macbook/XP for that purpose. If one happens to have access to XP or prefers it over the newer OS's, it works perfectly well and I have no problems with updates to those programs so far. XP of course, no longer gets updates.
post #44045 of 44045 Unread Today, 07:54 AM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by AVfile View Post
You mentioned you are using the video processor (i.e. not set to Pass Through like me) in the Anthem. What is your Video Output Config?

I wonder if there is something unique about the HDMI format you guys are using. Have you tried different configs (resolution, interlaced, frame rate, RGB/YCbCr, or bit depth) to see if one works better with the Setup menu?

The SETUP menu is supposed to adopt the video output Config of the current source but I have seen it act up (only when using Passthrough though, in which case it is undefined!)
My Video Configs are set with 1080p/60 (DVD), 1080p/24 (BR), YCbCr 444, 12 bit. Since the problem doesn't occur within and hour or so of switching on, I don't believe the problem is caused by any of these settings.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Receivers Amplifiers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page