Anthem D2/D2v/AVM50/AVM50v/ARC1 tweaking guide - Page 1479 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 96Likes
post #44341 of 44349 Old Yesterday, 03:17 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 0
My laptop does not find "a valid processor" while running ARC software on the AVM 50. I even talked to the Anthem techs and tried everything the told me, and I haven't been successful. I tried a different laptop running Widows Vista, multiple USBs, changing baud rates everywhere, no success. I will appreciate any advice you can provide.

Note: This old beast makes my PS4 a mythological creature! I can't wait when I am able to ARC it!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #44342 of 44349 Old Yesterday, 03:28 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 276 Post(s)
Liked: 152
What serial adapter are you using?

Salk Speakers. Deep Sea Sounds Subwoofer. Mastiff Dog
My Living Room HT
post #44343 of 44349 Old Yesterday, 04:38 PM
Read the FAQ!

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1232 Post(s)
Liked: 1285
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ismael Algarin Diaz View Post
My laptop does not find "a valid processor" while running ARC software on the AVM 50. I even talked to the Anthem techs and tried everything the told me, and I haven't been successful. I tried a different laptop running Widows Vista, multiple USBs, changing baud rates everywhere, no success. I will appreciate any advice you can provide.

Note: This old beast makes my PS4 a mythological creature! I can't wait when I am able to ARC it!
Which version of ARC are you trying to use? It should be v3.0.2. If you installed ARC from the original install CD for the AVM 50, it is almost certainly an outdated version.

If you've got the wrong version installed, use Windows Add/Remove programs to delete it, download the v3.0.2 installer from the Anthem web site, and install the correct version.

Now also go into Windows > Program Files and find the Anthem folder where the -- CORRECT -- ARC application has been installed. There should also be a couple files in there with names made up of numbers. The numbers are the serial number of your AVM 50 and the serial number of your ARC mic. These are the individual mic calibration file for your mic and your ARC license. If they are missing you can get them -- and just them -- from your original ARC install CD. If you don't have that CD, Anthem tech support can email you the files you need.

If using a USB to serial adapter, the one you should be using is the Keyspan by Tripplite USA-19HS adapter. Go to the Tripplite site and check that the driver version you have is the latest version for your particular flavor of Windows. Note that a very common problem is that the USB plug comes loose either at the computer end or at the adapter. In addition, the serial cable should be screwed down both at the adapter and at the back of the AVM 50, not just plugged in.

The serial cable needs to be a "straight through" 9 pin cable: Pins 1-9 connect to pins 1-9. You can get messed up if you have accidentally grabbed the identical looking "null modem" serial cable which has one pair of pins swapped.
--Bob

Anthem D2/D2v/AVM50/AVM50v/ARC1 tweaking guide. -- Need personal consultation/training? PM me!

Last edited by Bob Pariseau; Yesterday at 04:41 PM.
post #44344 of 44349 Old Yesterday, 05:08 PM

I am using the Keyspan Tripplite HS19. I am using the DB9 cable. I am able to update the firmware, even to do backups. The problem comes when I try to run ARC, it doesn't detect the processor. I have the V3.02 Arc.
post #44345 of 44349 Old Yesterday, 08:37 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ismael Algarin Diaz View Post
I am using the Keyspan Tripplite HS19. I am using the DB9 cable. I am able to update the firmware, even to do backups. The problem comes when I try to run ARC, it doesn't detect the processor. I have the V3.02 Arc.
You also need to have the microphone calibration file XXXAnthem.cal in the installation directory.
post #44346 of 44349 Old Today, 07:49 AM

I have the microphone serial file, but that the only numerical file present...
post #44347 of 44349 Unread Today, 08:29 AM
Read the FAQ!

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1232 Post(s)
Liked: 1285
^ Just to ask the obvious, are you sure your AVM 50 is ARC-capable? The original AVM 50 units, unlike the original Statement D2 units, can not be used with ARC without first installing a hardware upgrade -- a replacement DSP board.

Another common reason for failure is that the firmware for the AVM 50 has to be re-installed after the replacement DSP board is installed to properly activate the board.
--Bob

Anthem D2/D2v/AVM50/AVM50v/ARC1 tweaking guide. -- Need personal consultation/training? PM me!
post #44348 of 44349 Unread Today, 12:15 PM

Bob

I recently got this unit second hand. I updated the software to 1.33. Question, how can I know if the DSP was upgraded? The previous seller said that the unit was ARC when he got it few years ago.
post #44349 of 44349 Unread Today, 12:16 PM

Bob

I recently got this unit second hand. I updated the software to 1.33. Question, how can I know if the DSP was upgraded? The previous seller said that the unit was ARC when he got it few years ago.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Receivers Amplifiers