Anthem D2/D2v/AVM50/AVM50v/ARC1 tweaking guide - Page 1488 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 127Likes
post #44611 of 44615 Unread 09-25-2016, 07:03 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by slots1 View Post
Tech support from Anthem answered, there will be no D3 or any further upgrades.

Unlike other comments, this does not say "there is no D3 or upgrade currently in the works" or similar things we've heard before. This says it's never going to happen, and essentially makes the Anthem Statement Pre/Pro is a dead platform.

Can anyone else verify this? Bob?

Last edited by dweltman; 09-25-2016 at 07:06 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #44612 of 44615 Unread Yesterday, 06:11 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Can somebody me explain what the input and format mean when using select on screen? Manual is not very detailed, e.g., RS, LS, etc?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
post #44613 of 44615 Unread Today, 12:21 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Anthem Atmos units

Just a note to all users of Anthem Atmos. If you were using Dolby Volume (on and leveler to zero), a most effective variable loudness circuit, it will DISABLE the heights speakers! This info is in the owners manual but not obvious. As a dealer, it was driving us crazy trying to determine why ceiling speakers were not playing. A quick call to Brandon at Anthem support solved this for us. All is now great with Atmos!
TJG55

For sale: Anthem D-2 $1999
423 483 1364

Last edited by TJG55; Today at 12:22 PM. Reason: SPELLING
post #44614 of 44615 Unread Today, 01:38 PM
Read the FAQ!

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1400 Post(s)
Liked: 1428
Quote:
Originally Posted by doubleroll View Post
Can somebody me explain what the input and format mean when using select on screen? Manual is not very detailed, e.g., RS, LS, etc?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
They are abbreviations for the audio channels present in the audio input format, and for the speakers active in the audio output:

Left Front, Center, Right Front, Right Surround, Right Rear, Left Rear (or Center Rear if only one), Left Surround, LFE (for input format) or Subwoofer (for speaker output).

So for example, with stereo audio input and PLIIx surround mode engaged for a 5.1 speaker system, you would see the expansion of two-channel input to 5.1 speaker output as

Input: LF RF
Output: LF C RF SUB / LS RS

With 7.1 channel audio input in the same 5.1 speaker system, you would see the down-mix of 7.1 input to 5.1 speaker output as

Input: LF C RF LFE / LS LR RR RS
Output: LF C RF SUB / LS RS

--Bob

Anthem D2/D2v/AVM50/AVM50v/ARC1 tweaking guide. -- Need personal consultation/training? PM me!
post #44615 of 44615 Unread Today, 01:45 PM
Read the FAQ!

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1400 Post(s)
Liked: 1428
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJG55 View Post
Just a note to all users of Anthem Atmos. If you were using Dolby Volume (on and leveler to zero), a most effective variable loudness circuit, it will DISABLE the heights speakers! This info is in the owners manual but not obvious. As a dealer, it was driving us crazy trying to determine why ceiling speakers were not playing. A quick call to Brandon at Anthem support solved this for us. All is now great with Atmos!
TJG55

For sale: Anthem D-2 $1999
423 483 1364
But no Atmos support anyway in the AVM-50v or Statement D2v pre-pros. So turning off Dolby Volume still won't get you height speakers.
--Bob

Anthem D2/D2v/AVM50/AVM50v/ARC1 tweaking guide. -- Need personal consultation/training? PM me!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Receivers Amplifiers