Anthem D2/D2v/AVM50/AVM50v/ARC1 tweaking guide - Page 1496 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 159Likes

post #44851 of 44853 Old Yesterday, 03:45 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 331 Post(s)
Liked: 168
Based on your picture above, I'm going to assume that you do not sit in between the sofa cushions ("REAL CENTER"), right? That would be odd but your choice, nonetheless. Can you move the couch to the left so that seat position #1 is within the centerline of the TV?

if you can't and you actually sit in positions 1 or 2 (like I do), that's ok since the D2v accepts your speaker distance measurements relative to your MLP and adjusts the speaker trims and delays accordingly so that you always hear a center image wherever you are seated.

How to phase match subwoofers to the mains speakers: http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...0#post19542630
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #44852 of 44853 Old Today, 10:49 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmusoke View Post
Based on your picture above, I'm going to assume that you do not sit in between the sofa cushions ("REAL CENTER"), right? That would be odd but your choice, nonetheless. Can you move the couch to the left so that seat position #1 is within the centerline of the TV?

if you can't and you actually sit in positions 1 or 2 (like I do), that's ok since the D2v accepts your speaker distance measurements relative to your MLP and adjusts the speaker trims and delays accordingly so that you always hear a center image wherever you are seated.
In reality, I do seat just directly in front of the middle of the TV/Center speaker where I pasted the camera icon, but it is not between the cushions as the sofa design has very big seats that fit almost 2 people each, just couldn't find a similar one for the mockup.

So just to clarify the numbers on the photo are "ARC positions for the mic" you recommended, while the camera is where I actually seat and my wife would seat in a couch position between "ARC 1" and "ARC 3"

Moving the couch to the left is not possible as it would block the door that you can see to the bottom left corner, it is as left as it gets so 1 is off-center to the right as in the picture above.

So with that explained, you still recommend those 5 positions for measurement and then introducing speaker distance measurements to the MLP (REAL CENTER, which is not the same position as the "1")? Or you recommend matching MLP with position 1 which will make the sound shift towards the "unused" area of the sofa?

Last edited by Nyutu; Today at 10:56 AM.
post #44853 of 44853 Old Today, 11:25 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 331 Post(s)
Liked: 168
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyutu View Post
In reality, I do seat just directly in front of the middle of the TV/Center speaker where I pasted the camera icon, but it is not between the cushions as the sofa design has very big seats that fit almost 2 people each, just couldn't find a similar one for the mockup.

So just to clarify the numbers on the photo are "ARC positions for the mic" you recommended, while the camera is where I actually seat and my wife would seat in a couch position between "ARC 1" and "ARC 3"

Moving the couch to the left is not possible as it would block the door that you can see to the bottom left corner, it is as left as it gets so 1 is off-center to the right as in the picture above.

So with that explained, you still recommend those 5 positions for measurement and then introducing speaker distance measurements to the MLP (REAL CENTER, which is not the same position as the "1")? Or you recommend matching MLP with position 1 which will make the sound shift towards the "unused" area of the sofa?

Now that you've explained that you have wide seat cushions, then ARC position 1 should be directly where you sit, in front of the middle of the TV/Center speaker, by the camera icon.

The very first ARC microphone position is where the listener sits. Then, you can move 2 feet to the left and right of it for ARC positions 2 and 3. Positions 4 and 5 would not change as they are in between ARC positions 1 & 2 and 1 & 3, but placed in front of you.

Hope this makes sense...

- David

How to phase match subwoofers to the mains speakers: http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...0#post19542630
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Receivers Amplifiers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page