Anthem D2/D2v/AVM50/AVM50v/ARC1 tweaking guide - Page 22 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 6Likes

post #631 of 43095 Old 06-15-2006, 11:58 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Talked to the Tech who is looking at my AVM 50 today. He told me that the buzzing/humming noise is coming from the transformer in the power supply section of the unit, which is on the right side. He told me that he could even feel a slight vibration originating from the transformer (I had also noticed this when I placed my hand on top of the unit). He told me that he consulted with Anthem and confirmed that the power supply unit is defective. Anthem will be shipping him a new power supply unit. Should be fixed by next week (I hope).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #632 of 43095 Old 06-15-2006, 12:34 PM
AVS Addicted Member

what the heck is up with Anthem Warranty policy?, according to their site, I can't even buy a 2nd hand AVM-30 or 40 and have warranty, the unit has to be traded into Anthem dealers and re-sold

I can't drive 100 miles to and from, my vehicle is not sufficient right now and with no 2nd hand or internet, that pretty much means no Anthem for me

-Gary
post #633 of 43095 Old 06-15-2006, 01:35 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Murrell View Post

what the heck is up with Anthem Warranty policy?, according to their site, I can't even buy a 2nd hand AVM-30 or 40 and have warranty, the unit has to be traded into Anthem dealers and re-sold

That's true with a lot of brands, not just Anthem. With many brands the warranty is only valid to the original purchaser and not to anyone else that he may later on sell it to, even though it's still within the time limits of the warranty.
post #634 of 43095 Old 06-15-2006, 01:43 PM

I've installed 2 D2's neither with any problems. The first was early in the production run the second about a month later. I liked the sound, video was amazing.
post #635 of 43095 Old 06-15-2006, 02:07 PM
Blu-ray Reviewer

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 107 Post(s)
Liked: 510
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillW View Post

I've installed 2 D2's neither with any problems. The first was early in the production run the second about a month later. I liked the sound, video was amazing.

Greetings,

Thanks for the info Bill. It is good to hear.

Regards,

Ralph C. Potts
Blu-ray Reviews
AVS Forum

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #636 of 43095 Old 06-15-2006, 02:10 PM
Blu-ray Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajeruns View Post

Talked to the Tech who is looking at my AVM 50 today. He told me that the buzzing/humming noise is coming from the transformer in the power supply section of the unit, which is on the right side. He told me that he could even feel a slight vibration originating from the transformer (I had also noticed this when I placed my hand on top of the unit). He told me that he consulted with Anthem and confirmed that the power supply unit is defective. Anthem will be shipping him a new power supply unit. Should be fixed by next week (I hope).

Greetings,

Good news at least. Post back once things are up and running.

Regards,

Ralph C. Potts
Blu-ray Reviews
AVS Forum

post #637 of 43095 Old 06-15-2006, 03:28 PM
Advanced Member

I notice when toggling from 2 channel stereo to Anthem Logic music, my Velodyne DD15 is pumping out quite a bit more bass from Anthem Logic music. Anybody know what this mode is doing other than adding subtle volume to the rear speakers?

I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours." - - Stephen Roberts
post #638 of 43095 Old 06-15-2006, 06:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 460 Post(s)
Liked: 493
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILhometheater View Post

Anyone know the performance of the Sony VPL-VW100's internal scaler or how it functions? I've already purchased this unit and am currently debating between the AVM 30 and AVM 50. Interested in the AVM 50's scaling output and upconversion of other inputs to 1080p HDMI (which this projector supports). But I'm unsure of the projector's native scaling ability. Anyone have info or know of a thread that discusses this? Again, debating between the AVM 30 and 50.

Thanks in advance!

-Mike

Mike, from my experience with the D2 and Ruby, I saw a noticable improvement with video quality using the D2... the Ruby wasn't bad, but I think the D2, and hence the AVM50, is a step up..
post #639 of 43095 Old 06-16-2006, 06:38 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

I'm still using the same pre-production D2 since january. 6 months w/o any problems. Working with all my equipment. My rack is cooled with a heat-pump, with cold air blowing directly on my D2. So it's always around room temperature.

Same thing for my Anthem Statement P2 and P5. 2 years w/o any problems. Working flawlessly, just like my D1 was doing.

post #640 of 43095 Old 06-16-2006, 08:24 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 11
I downloaded and installed the Oppo DV-970HD 0613 Beta Software and can report that both SACD & DVD-A now work properly over HDMI to the D2 as all channels are now passed. SACD input reported by the D2 is 6 Channel 88.2 Khz. DVD-A input reported by the D2 is 6 Channel 96 Khz and the Oppo Audio Menu shows MLP.

As noted in the Oppo release notes, in order to get full resolution from the SACD or DVD-A the video output of the Oppo must be set to 720p or 1080i. I have found it needs to be set to 1080i. A few discs I put in were still only output as two channel PCM at 720p.

It is an inconvenience to switch the output from 480i to 1080i to listen and then back when you are done to watch movies, but not a big deal as it works. Hopefully Oppo will figure out some type of auto switching like they now have for the audio output. The Oppo now will output the "Raw" stream for DD & DTS so the D2 can decode and process and automatically switch to PCM for SACD & DVD-A.

DVD-A sounds as good as I have ever heard in any of my setups. SACD sounds good, but not sure if it sounds as good as a true DSD output SACD player. Without direct comparison it is hard to make that call going by memory. To me is seems to be missing a little something.

All in all, the Oppo DV-970HD is one of the best bargain pieces of equipment I have ever used and probably the best $150 I have spent in a long time...except maybe for the Japanese Kobe Steak dinner we recently enjoyed, no wait, that dinner cost me alot more than $150 , so yes the Oppo is the best $150 I have spent.... It does everything right. I can not get over how fast and responsive this player is at navigation, setup and disc play plus I haven't noticed a layer change yet. Of course, same as the varying D2 experiences YMMV.

Phil C.
"Where does he get all those wonderful toys"
Jack Nicholson as the Joker in Batman
post #641 of 43095 Old 06-16-2006, 08:28 AM
Blu-ray Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEVESQUE View Post

I'm still using the same pre-production D2 since january. 6 months w/o any problems. Working with all my equipment. My rack is cooled with a heat-pump, with cold air blowing directly on my D2. So it's always around room temperature.

Same thing for my Anthem Statement P2 and P5. 2 years w/o any problems. Working flawlessly, just like my D1 was doing.

Greetings,

Lev, thanks for the info. My AVM 50 will be on it's way today and I should have it by the middle of next week.

Regards,

Ralph C. Potts
Blu-ray Reviews
AVS Forum

post #642 of 43095 Old 06-16-2006, 09:14 AM

Long time reader, first time post....Also in Samsung DLP Posts. Just purchased a Samsung HL-S6767 from Costco here in St. Louis today. (First one out the door I was told). The price included the stand as well. I have this unit being provided a 1080p/60 signal from my Anthem D2 - what an absolutely beautiful picture - even on 480i stuff - not bad -The Gennum is something special - Very nice TV/processor combo. Watched a couple of dvds thru a pioneer 79avi - hdmi @ 480i and let the D2 do its thing. Watching the Heat vs Mavs....Frickin awesome....1080P!

Samsung HL-S6767W
Pioneer DV-79Avi
Adire Audio Speakers
Direct TV H10-250
post #643 of 43095 Old 06-16-2006, 11:05 AM
Advanced Member

My D2 finally came in and I picked it up last week. So far I am very pleased with it's performance and operation, great audio and video quality, and no bugs have shown up for me. (However, I am only using component video connections due to having a non-HDMI display, so I guess for now I am immune to HDMI bugs. )

The audio quality is excellent, probably the cleanest, most detailed sound I have ever heard from any processor. During one of the scenes in "The Last Samurai" when Tom Cruise was stick fighting in the rain, my wife said, "It sounds like it's raining in the whole house!". She was right, it did. Despite the excellent detail, I would call this a "neutral" sounding processor, as I don't think it adds any "color" or "brightness" to the audio at all. I also noticed that the mid-bass seems to have more kick than I have had in other processors.

As for video quality, it looks great, though I am still trying to figure out how to tweak this to my system. I have watched some SD DVD's through my Pioneer DV-79Avi, output at 480i and upconverted to 1080i by the D2, and they have looked very very good, much closer to HD than I expected.

The adjustability and tweakability of this processor is incredible. There are so many things you can set, and they all seem to have a good purpose. Anything I have ever wished a processor could do seems to have been thought of by Anthem.

As you can tell, I am pleased with the performance of my D2 at this point, and am not having any (component connection) problems to report.

Mike
post #644 of 43095 Old 06-16-2006, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by randman View Post

That's good news. What firmware does your Anthem D2 have? Do you know what software your 8300HD uses? Is it passport? Do you know what version of firmware it has?

Thanks.

D2 running at 1.0
8300 -Don't know

May be New to this site but old to HT :)

post #645 of 43095 Old 06-16-2006, 12:41 PM

[quote=pciav]As noted in the Oppo release notes, in order to get full resolution from the SACD or DVD-A the video output of the Oppo must be set to 720p or 1080i. I have found it needs to be set to 1080i. A few discs I put in were still only output as two channel PCM at 720p.QUOTE]
The same thing goes for pio79AVi, 1080i works like a charm

May be New to this site but old to HT :)

post #646 of 43095 Old 06-16-2006, 01:12 PM
Advanced Member

[quote=elmac]resolution from the SACD or DVD-A the video output of the Oppo must be set to 720p or 1080i. I have found it needs to be set to 1080i. A few discs I put in were still only output as two channel PCM at 720p.QUOTE]

really? that sucks, I hope that can be changed via firmware.
I've been looking at getting the oppo, because of the quality of the output @ 480i and it does dvda and sacd(pcm) over hdmi.

does anyone know if the oppo is upgradable to hdmi 1.2?

LastStarFighter

The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

post #647 of 43095 Old 06-17-2006, 04:22 PM

On the subject of HDMI 1.3 you might fiind this article interesting ...from 6/16/06
http://www.twice.com/article/CA6323699.html

If I read this correctly it appears some of the new audio formats require a decoder in the pre/amp or an ourboard decoder according to the HDMI licensing group. Even if the audio is converted to PCM...

Here is part of the article....I'm just interested in getting this right and not to prove someone else wrong..and I appreciate all the information that has been given to date...can someone help confirm/deny my finding???

Thanks!

HDMI 1.1 is capable of transporting all HD DVD and Blu-ray audio formats in native form except for losslessly compressed DTS HD Master and Dolby True HD, whose 768kHz frame rates exceed HDMI's 192kHz frame-rate capability, the HDMI licensing organization previously told TWICE.
post #648 of 43095 Old 06-17-2006, 11:18 PM
Advanced Member

I expect that when the hdmi 1.3 specs are done, that receiver and pre/pros will be in the pipeline, and will be hdmi 1.1, 1.2, and 1.3 compliant.

I'd prefer that all decoding be done in the processer with the player to be just a transport.

and until players and processers are 1.2 and 1.3 compliant, I won't waste my time or money on equipment that will be out of date before they even reach market.

I'm wondering if there is any other interconnects on the horizon that will be capable of handling the uber resolution formats with 1080p...

LastStarFighter

The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

post #649 of 43095 Old 06-18-2006, 12:01 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 1012 Post(s)
Liked: 865
Quote:
Originally Posted by wmeic View Post

If I read this correctly it appears some of the new audio formats require a decoder in the pre/amp or an ourboard decoder according to the HDMI licensing group. Even if the audio is converted to PCM...

Not if the audio is converted to PCM. The problem is only when transmitting the HD audio codecs in their "native form". The article uses those two words repeatedly.

Sanjay

Sanjay
post #650 of 43095 Old 06-18-2006, 12:42 PM

Thanks sanjay...so this means then that if a Blue ray or HD DVD player has a decoder for Dolby HD or DTS HD to convert it to PCM then the player can send the PCM signal to the D2 via HDMI which will enable the user to hear the new audio formats as they were intended to be heard??? Then the current HDMI cables and connectors are not becoming obsolete for these formats as well?? Is there any loss of quality converting the signal to PCM vs native form?
This seems to be what Levesque was saying...
post #651 of 43095 Old 06-18-2006, 01:17 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 1012 Post(s)
Liked: 865
Quote:
Originally Posted by wmeic View Post

so this means then that if a Blue ray or HD DVD player has a decoder for Dolby HD or DTS HD to convert it to PCM then the player can send the PCM signal to the D2 via HDMI which will enable the user to hear the new audio formats as they were intended to be heard???

Absolutely. Soundtracks start off as linear PCM. The only reason they are lossily compressed or losslessly packed is to save space on the disc and/or fit through the narrow bandwidth of digital connections. At some point during playback, the soundtracks have to be decoded/unpacked back to linear PCM. It doesn't matter whether this step occurs in the player or the pre-pro; the decoded results will be the same.

This even holds true for older audio codecs. For example: if you were to decode a DD or DTS soundtrack in the player and send it as 6 channels of PCM to the D2, it would be no different than decoding the soundtrack in the D2 itself. I mean, it's not like there is a special secret version of Dolby Digital decoding reserved only for surround processors but not available for disc players.
Quote:
Then the current HDMI cables and connectors are not becoming obsolete for these formats as well??

Correct. As long as there are players made with format decoders built-in, you can continue to send the data as PCM in full resolution to the D2. Everything that the D2 does to the signal (bass management, time alignment, surround processing, post-processing, down-mixing, D/A conversion, etc) is done when the signal is in PCM form. The chips that do all those things don't know (or care) whether the PCM signal they received was decoded in the player or the processor.
Quote:
Is there any loss of quality converting the signal to PCM vs native form?

None. If you have a D2 and a HD-DVD player, there's no reason you shouldn't be connecting them together via current HDMI 1.1 right now rather than waiting for v1.3. There won't be any difference in sound quality once 1.3 arrives.

Sanjay

Sanjay
post #652 of 43095 Old 06-18-2006, 01:49 PM
Blu-ray Reviewer

Greetings,

Quote:
None. If you have a D2 and a HD-DVD player, there's no reason you shouldn't be connecting them together via current HDMI 1.1 right now rather than waiting for v1.3. There won't be any difference in sound quality once 1.3 arrives.

Woo Hoo !

Ralph C. Potts
Blu-ray Reviews
AVS Forum

post #653 of 43095 Old 06-18-2006, 02:34 PM

Hello,

My family is moving into our first new home and I'm planning on building a new HT system for my family room. This will be a temporary HT system until I finish the dedicated HT system in the basement. I plan on going with a front projection system (Ruby) in the dedicated HT within 2-3 years. So eventually this HT system will be used primarily for watching regular TV, football, etc.

For the past two months I've been reading up on the Avsforum, taking notes and figuring out what equipment I want to go with based on my personal tastes. I've narrowed my choices down to a few pieces of equipment. I'm very interested in the AVM-50 but want to make sure it will mate well with the other equipment I plan on purchasing. I'd love to get some guidance from the AVM-50 folks in this thread.

Before I get into the equipment I plan on purchasing you should understand my room's configuration. I'm placing my HT system in a large family room which is 20x19 with 10 feet high ceilings. The back of the room is open up to the breakfast nook (15x13) and kitchen area (15x13). The flooring through out all three rooms will be solid hardwood. I have wired the house so that no equipment will reside in the family room with exception of display and remote. I can only do a 5.1 configuration because of window placement.

I'm planning on going with the NEC 50XR5 50 inch plasma which supports native 1080p (1365 x 768). I've narrowed my speaker selection down to two choices:

Option 1:
L-C-R - Klipsh R-5800-W (in-wall)
Rear - Klipsh CDT-5800-C (ceiling)
HSU VTF-3 MKII Sub or Nova Earthquake Thor (In-Wall Sub)

Option 2:
L-C-R - Atlantic Tech IWTS-20 (in-wall)
Rear - Atlantic Tech ICTS8.3e (ceiling)

Originally, I was looking at the Yamaha RX-V2600 or Denon AVR-2807 to control all video and sound but there are numerous issues related with HDMI and the STB Motorola DCT6412/6414. The other option was to use the DVDO iScan VP30 to get around the HDMI repeater issues but it has issues of its own from what I've read in it's thread. I plan on purchasing an OPPO DVD player that does 480i via HDMI. I'm also looking at going with MovieBeam in the near future also.

Simplicity and upgradeability are two of my biggest criteria's when selecting an AV Receiver. The idea of using just HDMI cables between all my components really appeals to me. I'm also very concerned with upgradeability since the HDMI 1.3 standard just got approved but we won't see equipment using it until mid next year the earliest (I can't wait until then). I get the impression that when HDMI 1.3 becomes mainstream there will be an upgrade available for the AVM-50. Plus, I want to utilize the native 1080p support of the NEC display for all my content. The integration with the high-end video processor (Gennum VXP chip) seems like a much better choice then using a DVDO iScan VP30 and a low to mid range AV Receiver meshed together.

I think the biggest concern I have is with the Motorola DCT6412/6412 working with the AVM-50 via HDMI. I have read about so many problems getting these STB cable boxes to work with almost every HDMI repeaters (AV Receiver). However, from what I've read in this thread there are people that have successfully gotten them to mate well with the AVM-50. That alone makes it worth paying the extra money. But then again I have no idea what these puppies really sell for on the street. I haven't contacted any dealers yet but it sounds like these puppies aren't cheap. ;-)

So does anyone have any comments or suggestions?

Scott
post #654 of 43095 Old 06-18-2006, 03:50 PM

Scott-

am waiting to upgrade my AVM30 to the 50 so emailed Nick reference any problems they may have seen with Motorola 6412 boxes. Here are the mails:

> Are you having owners report similar problems with Motorola PVR's?
> Specifically 6412 units. I plan on going the HDTV route soon and
> upgrading my 30 to the AVM50 functionality when that is available.
>
> Thanks
> Paul

Had some with the 6412 but there are workarounds - note that various
firmware versions are floating around in the boxes:

- on preamp, set Crop Input to 16:9 and Scale Out to Letter/Pillarbox. May
requires the edge crop to be On.

- if the Motorola resets itself to 4:3 Letterbox and 480i, it switches back
to 1080i in a few moments (if on HD channel, only, I believe) as long as the
HDCP display is on.

- problems reduced when the cable box is powered on first and THEN the
preamp. (On/off activity on the preamp causes the cable box display to
flash even if it's off.)

Nick

"One of the problems of taking things apart and seeing how they work--supposing you're trying to find out how a cat works--you take that cat apart to see how it works, what you've got in your hands is a non-working cat."
-- Douglas Adams
post #655 of 43095 Old 06-18-2006, 05:41 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssumner View Post

Hello,

My family is moving into our first new home and I'm planning on building a new HT system for my family room. This will be a temporary HT system until I finish the dedicated HT system in the basement. I plan on going with a front projection system (Ruby) in the dedicated HT within 2-3 years. So eventually this HT system will be used primarily for watching regular TV, football, etc.

For the past two months I've been reading up on the Avsforum, taking notes and figuring out what equipment I want to go with based on my personal tastes. I've narrowed my choices down to a few pieces of equipment. I'm very interested in the AVM-50 but want to make sure it will mate well with the other equipment I plan on purchasing. I'd love to get some guidance from the AVM-50 folks in this thread.

Before I get into the equipment I plan on purchasing you should understand my room's configuration. I'm placing my HT system in a large family room which is 20x19 with 10 feet high ceilings. The back of the room is open up to the breakfast nook (15x13) and kitchen area (15x13). The flooring through out all three rooms will be solid hardwood. I have wired the house so that no equipment will reside in the family room with exception of display and remote. I can only do a 5.1 configuration because of window placement.

I'm planning on going with the NEC 50XR5 50 inch plasma which supports native 1080p (1365 x 768). I've narrowed my speaker selection down to two choices:

Option 1:
L-C-R - Klipsh R-5800-W (in-wall)
Rear - Klipsh CDT-5800-C (ceiling)

Option 2:
L-C-R - Atlantic Tech IWTS-20 (in-wall)
Rear - Atlantic Tech ICTS8.3e (ceiling)

Originally, I was looking at the Yamaha RX-V2600 or Denon AVR-2807 to control all video and sound but there are numerous issues related with HDMI and the STB Motorola DCT6412/6414. The other option was to use the DVDO iScan VP30 to get around the HDMI repeater issues but it has issues of its own from what I've read in it's thread. I plan on purchasing an OPPO DVD player that does 480i via HDMI. I'm also looking at going with MovieBeam in the near future also.

Simplicity and upgradeability are two of my biggest criteria's when selecting an AV Receiver. The idea of using just HDMI cables between all my components really appeals to me. I'm also very concerned with upgradeability since the HDMI 1.3 standard just got approved but we won't see equipment using it until mid next year the earliest (I can't wait until then). I get the impression that when HDMI 1.3 becomes mainstream there will be an upgrade available for the AVM-50. Plus, I want to utilize the native 1080p support of the NEC display for all my content. The integration with the high-end video processor (Gennum VXP chip) seems like a much better choice then using a DVDO iScan VP30 and a low to mid range AV Receiver meshed together.

I think the biggest concern I have is with the Motorola DCT6412/6412 working with the AVM-50 via HDMI. I have read about so many problems getting these STB cable boxes to work with almost every HDMI repeaters (AV Receiver). However, from what I've read in this thread there are people that have successfully gotten them to mate well with the AVM-50. That alone makes it worth paying the extra money. But then again I have no idea what these puppies really sell for on the street. I haven't contacted any dealers yet but it sounds like these puppies aren't cheap. ;-)

So does anyone have any comments or suggestions?

Scott

Hi scott,

I too, have the 6412. Once in a while when I'm viewing 4x3 (480i) material and switch to a HD channel, the HD channel will squish to a 4x3 image. I do have the setting as Paul mentioned above. The other issue is when viewing from another source, and then switching back to the 6412, I sometime get a black or green screen. A power toggle from the AVM always fixes either issue.

I'm confident Anthem will fix the issue with the 6412 as this is not only a known issue, it is probably one of the more common pieces owned by many Anthem owners.

I'm also looking forward to the release of the next Tivo, and hope all works well out of the box.

I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours." - - Stephen Roberts
post #656 of 43095 Old 06-18-2006, 07:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 460 Post(s)
Liked: 493
Quote:
Originally Posted by laststarfighter View Post

I expect that when the hdmi 1.3 specs are done, that receiver and pre/pros will be in the pipeline, and will be hdmi 1.1, 1.2, and 1.3 compliant.

I'd prefer that all decoding be done in the processer with the player to be just a transport.

and until players and processers are 1.2 and 1.3 compliant, I won't waste my time or money on equipment that will be out of date before they even reach market.

I'm wondering if there is any other interconnects on the horizon that will be capable of handling the uber resolution formats with 1080p...

Why do you prefer that it be done in the player.. .what advantages do you see?

I see none, and to me the new audio formats offer the advantage of only having to replace the player over time, not the processors.... Personally, I think HDMI 1.3 offers no advantages over 1.1 as far as audio and Home Theater is concerned.... the new color bit depth will not be applicable to video material for a long time... the current infrastructure and codecs weren't made for it...

It is my understanding with DD+ and THD, that if the discs are authored in the advanced format (and all discs to date have been) that the decoding must be done in the player..... this has been discussed ad naseum in the HD DVD player forums, but HDMI 1.3 will only pass the bitstreams if they were authored in basic format, and that doesn't look like it's going to happen.. some people have suggested otherwise, but offerered no source for that point.
post #657 of 43095 Old 06-18-2006, 08:42 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by laststarfighter View Post

The cables you can buy and use now can handle it with no problem.
post #658 of 43095 Old 06-19-2006, 07:39 PM
MC6

I am wondering if someone also has problem with the d2/ toshiba hddvd to sony ruby with hdmi input/output. whenever I turn on the toshiba hddvd, I got a pink tint picture, if I go into setup right away and just exit without change any setting, the picture will be back to normal. I have try all the setting I can think of but nothing works.

Mike
post #659 of 43095 Old 06-19-2006, 08:50 PM

Does it look anything like this?

post #660 of 43095 Old 06-19-2006, 08:59 PM
AVS Special Member

is this before or after they fixed your video board?

Quote:
Originally Posted by notanewbie View Post

Does it look anything like this?

"You can safely assume that you've created a Dog in your own image when it turns out that Dog hates all the same people you do."
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Receivers Amplifiers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page