Quote:
Originally Posted by budeone View Post

http://www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs/...uctId=11040106

60" Class Grand WEGA™ XBR™ series SXRD™ Rear Projection Television

Native Resolution
1080p

Display Resolution
1920 x 1080

I dont see anything that says frames per sec.

In another thread HD-DVD has a new player coming out that says:

I thought the 24 was the bad one and 60 was the good one. If they just now can handle 24 what did they have b4?

THanks Bob.

1920x1080p/60Hz would be normal for a "native" 1080p TV in the US. /50Hz is normal in some other areas such as Europe for historical reasons.

/24Hz, on the other hand, is "movie frame rate" -- the rate at which frames of film advance in a typical movie. Normally movies are raised to /60 for viewing on TVs by the "telecine" process where interlaced half frames (called "fields") are duplicated in a regular 3,2,2,3 "cadence", making more fields per second = more frames per second.

That's what happens when you watch movies on TV for example.

The result of doing this is that some fields stay on screen slightly longer than other fields, resulting in what's called "cadence judder" -- a relatively minor effect that the brain pretty much causes your eyes to ignore.

However, "judder free" setups produce smoother imaging that most people can readily see if viewed next to a "normal" setup. This is something that's particularly interesting to folks with really big screens, such as front projector folks.

A judder free setup requires a source that can detect film frame rate content (differentiating it from /60Hz TV frame rate content) and send it out at /24Hz, and also requires a display that can receive /24Hz *AND* actually display it at an alternate display refresh frame rate which is a multiple of 24. Very few TVs do that today.

So the /24 stuff is newer in the home theater world.

Assuming your TV does NOT both accept /24HZ as input *AND* display it by altering its screen refresh rate to a multiple of 24, you should set the Anthem to output 1920x1080p/60Hz.

Meanwhile, you would typically set a Blu-Ray or HD-DVD player to send /24Hz to the Anthem. Let the Anthem do the frame rate conversion.
--Bob

Anthem D2/D2v/AVM50/AVM50v/ARC1 tweaking guide. -- Need personal consultation/training? PM me!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #8912 of 42988 Old 09-07-2007, 09:46 AM
Read the FAQ!

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 181 Post(s)
Liked: 811
Still no Anthem press releases from CEDIA that I can find.

If they are talking up Room EQ at all, they seem to be doing it very quietly.
--Bob

Anthem D2/D2v/AVM50/AVM50v/ARC1 tweaking guide. -- Need personal consultation/training? PM me!
post #8913 of 42988 Old 09-07-2007, 09:48 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
No CEDIA announcements. No D2 showing up on my doorstep. I'm a very sad boy.
post #8914 of 42988 Old 09-07-2007, 10:06 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Pariseau View Post

Make sure you have the PS3's output video resolution set to 720p or higher. HDMI audio is multiplexed inside the HDMI video. That means the maximum bandwidth available for audio is a percentage of the current video bandwidth. Sending 480i or 480p to the D2 will require the PS3 to cut back on the SACD audio over HDMI.

I forget what max bandwidth has been reported here for a PS3 playing SACD to the D2 over HDMI.
--Bob

Rez output is set at 1080p. Still cannot play 176khz (2ch or Mch). It is downrezed at 6 ch 48khz.

Anyone had succes playing sacd's with the PS3, at 176khz, thru the D2 ?
post #8915 of 42988 Old 09-07-2007, 10:18 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
On the D2, how can I have it so that SAT1 is displaying the TV while the CD is playing music?

For example, I want to view my DirectV on the plasma while the CD is playing music. If I change the Input to CD, the plasma will not be displayed.

Thanks
Steve
post #8916 of 42988 Old 09-07-2007, 10:59 AM
Read the FAQ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shn750 View Post

On the D2, how can I have it so that SAT1 is displaying the TV while the CD is playing music?

For example, I want to view my DirectV on the plasma while the CD is playing music. If I change the Input to CD, the plasma will not be displayed.

Thanks
Steve

There are several ways to do this.

You can configure any unused input definition in the Anthem in just this fashion (i.e., video going to the scaler comes from whatever jack you are using for your Satellite box, and digital audio comes from whatever jack you are using for you CD player). For example you might set up the TAPE input that way. You can rename the Tape input so that a more meaningful name shows up on the screen.

If you don't feel the need to view the video output from your CD player while playing CDs you can even set up the CD input definition this way. Just specify the video input jack from the sat box as what goes to the scaler.

In addition to these methods, there is a temporary way to do this using the Simulcast feature via your remote. Press and hold the video device source input button on the remote for 2 seconds until Simulcast appears on screen and then press the source button for the audio device. See Section 4.4.2 of the manual

--------------------------------------------------

Now there is one GOTCHA in all of this. You can not mix audio from an HDMI input with video from ANY OTHER INPUT. That's because HDMI audio is not a separate signal but is, rather, multiplexed into the HDMI video. And so the Anthem has to "handle" the HDMI video to extract the audio from it.

And the Anthem can only "handle" one video stream at a time.

So if you have been getting the audio from you CD player via an HDMI cable, then you will NOT be able to mix that audio with video from any other source (such as your Sat box).

The workaround is to also run, say, an optical digital audio cable from your CD player to the Anthem. Then use that as your audio input when mixing with video from another source.

To summarize: You can mix video from ANY source (including HDMI video) with audio from ANY OTHER source so long as the audio isn't coming in on an HDMI cable.
--Bob

post #8917 of 42988 Old 09-07-2007, 11:01 AM
Read the FAQ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by audiman View Post

Rez output is set at 1080p. Still cannot play 176khz (2ch or Mch). It is downrezed at 6 ch 48khz.

Anyone had succes playing sacd's with the PS3, at 176khz, thru the D2 ?

I don't have a PS3 so I'll have to leave it to someone else here to confirm, but I'm pretty certain we've had reports in this thread of SACD over HDMI playback from the PS3 at higher than 6ch 48KHz.

So OK, who here is doing SACD from their PS3?
--Bob

post #8918 of 42988 Old 09-07-2007, 11:24 AM
3no

Quote:

I don't have a PS3 so I'll have to leave it to someone else here to confirm, but I'm pretty certain we've had reports in this thread of SACD over HDMI playback from the PS3 at higher than 6ch 48KHz.

So OK, who here is doing SACD from their PS3?
--Bob

6ch 88.2KHz
post #8919 of 42988 Old 09-07-2007, 11:33 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 13
I was hoping someone can compare the new DVDO vp50Pro to the Anthem D2? I know it would be just video. Here are the specs. Thank you in advance.
post #8920 of 42988 Old 09-07-2007, 11:37 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmos5861 View Post

I was hoping someone can compare the new DVDO vp50Pro to the Anthem D2? I know it would be just video. Here are the specs. Thank you in advance.

Before I bought my Anthem D2.

I owned a Lexicon MC-12b and a DVDO VP50.

I sold both units and bought the D2 with MONEY
LEFT OVER.

BEST DARN decision I ever made. The D2 video
processing is every bit as good as the VP50 - which
was EXCELLENT.
post #8921 of 42988 Old 09-07-2007, 01:05 PM

Quote:

There are several ways to do this.

You can configure any unused input definition in the Anthem in just this fashion (i.e., video going to the scaler comes from whatever jack you are using for your Satellite box, and digital audio comes from whatever jack you are using for you CD player). For example you might set up the TAPE input that way. You can rename the Tape input so that a more meaningful name shows up on the screen.

If you don't feel the need to view the video output from your CD player while playing CDs you can even set up the CD input definition this way. Just specify the video input jack from the sat box as what goes to the scaler.

In addition to these methods, there is a temporary way to do this using the Simulcast feature via your remote. Press and hold the video device source input button on the remote for 2 seconds until Simulcast appears on screen and then press the source button for the audio device. See Section 4.4.2 of the manual

--------------------------------------------------

Now there is one GOTCHA in all of this. You can not mix audio from an HDMI input with video from ANY OTHER INPUT. That's because HDMI audio is not a separate signal but is, rather, multiplexed into the HDMI video. And so the Anthem has to "handle" the HDMI video to extract the audio from it.

And the Anthem can only "handle" one video stream at a time.

So if you have been getting the audio from you CD player via an HDMI cable, then you will NOT be able to mix that audio with video from any other source (such as your Sat box).

The workaround is to also run, say, an optical digital audio cable from your CD player to the Anthem. Then use that as your audio input when mixing with video from another source.

To summarize: You can mix video from ANY source (including HDMI video) with audio from ANY OTHER source so long as the audio isn't coming in on an HDMI cable.
--Bob

Bob thanks for the info. I am using HDMI for both video and audio sources. However, I am using 6-ch analog for SACD setup. Can I utilize this audio source for the CD under a new input and continue to have the plasma being displayed under HDMI?
post #8922 of 42988 Old 09-07-2007, 01:06 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by drhankz View Post

Before I bought my Anthem D2.

I owned a Lexicon MC-12b and a DVDO VP50.

I sold both units and bought the D2 with MONEY
LEFT OVER.

BEST DARN decision I ever made. The D2 video
processing is every bit as good as the VP50 - which
was EXCELLENT.

Thank you for the response. But I am comparing the NEW vp50pro.
post #8923 of 42988 Old 09-07-2007, 01:43 PM
Read the FAQ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shn750 View Post

Bob thanks for the info. I am using HDMI for both video and audio sources. However, I am using 6-ch analog for SACD setup. Can I utilize this audio source for the CD under a new input and continue to have the plasma being displayed under HDMI?

The analog audio connections are tied to the specific input definitions of the same name. So the 6ch analog sockets are only available as part of the 6ch source input definition.

However, you can assign an HDMI video source in that definition as well, and you can use the same HDMI socket in multiple input definitions.

So your SACD setup could be video from the Sat box and 6ch analog audio from the SACD player. But that's not going to be so convenient since you probably want to see the SACD disc menus on screen.

Alternatively you can press and hold the input button for the SAT box (to bring up Sat video in simulcast mode) and then select the 6ch input as the audio source to mix with it.

----------------------------------------

But you should consider running optical or coax digital audio cable from your CD player. The quality of audio on HDMI and optical/coax digital audio is IDENTICAL for standard CDs -- as it is for standard DVDs and SDTV/HDTV.

So I have my Pioneer Elite 59avi DVD player hooked up by HDMI, by coax digital cable, and by 6ch analog cables. I've also got Component video cable hooked in for experiments.

My DVD input definition uses the HDMI for both video and audio.

My CD input definition uses the Coax digital cable from the player for audio and the HDMI video from my Comcast HD-DVR box for video. I've got my Harmony remote set up with two activities for this: Listen to CD and Listen to CD with TV. The only difference is whether the TV is also turned on.

The 6ch hookup is there for SACD or DVD-Audio -- or just for experiments. That's set up in the 6ch input definition.

My satellite radio feed gets 2 definitions and 3 activites. I've go an input definition which shows the video channel display from the radio receiver along with the radio audio. And I've got an input definition which shows Comcast video with radio audio. The three activities are Watch TV with Radio, Listen to Radio with Display (to see the program list), and Listen to Radio without Display. The distinction is which input definition is selected in the Anthem and whether or not the TV is also turned on.

For even more fun you can use the Auto Dig function in the input definition to switch between whichever digital audio input you specify and the fixed set of analog jacks associated with that input definition. If there's no signal on the digital audio input the Anthem automatically uses the analog input instead.

So you could have a stereo device (like a turntable with an external cartridge phono amp) share an input definition with a digital device like your CD player. When the CD player is running the Anthem would use the digital audio input you specified. When the CD player is not running the Anthem would use the analog stereo jacks.
--Bob

post #8924 of 42988 Old 09-07-2007, 02:00 PM

Quote:

The analog audio connections are tied to the specific input definitions of the same name. So the 6ch analog sockets are only available as part of the 6ch source input definition.

However, you can assign an HDMI video source in that definition as well, and you can use the same HDMI socket in multiple input definitions.

So your SACD setup could be video from the Sat box and 6ch analog audio from the SACD player. But that's not going to be so convenient since you probably want to see the SACD disc menus on screen.

Alternatively you can press and hold the input button for the SAT box (to bring up Sat video in simulcast mode) and then select the 6ch input as the audio source to mix with it.

----------------------------------------

But you should consider running optical or coax digital audio cable from your CD player. The quality of audio on HDMI and optical/coax digital audio is IDENTICAL for standard CDs -- as it is for standard DVDs and SDTV/HDTV.

So I have my Pioneer Elite 59avi DVD player hooked up by HDMI, by coax digital cable, and by 6ch analog cables. I've also got Component video cable hooked in for experiments.

My DVD input definition uses the HDMI for both video and audio.

My CD input definition uses the Coax digital cable from the player for audio and the HDMI video from my Comcast HD-DVR box for video. I've got my Harmony remote set up with two activities for this: Listen to CD and Listen to CD with TV. The only difference is whether the TV is also turned on.

The 6ch hookup is there for SACD or DVD-Audio -- or just for experiments. That's set up in the 6ch input definition.

My satellite radio feed gets 2 definitions and 3 activites. I've go an input definition which shows the video channel display from the radio receiver along with the radio audio. And I've got an input definition which shows Comcast video with radio audio. The three activities are Watch TV with Radio, Listen to Radio with Display (to see the program list), and Listen to Radio without Display. The distinction is which input definition is selected in the Anthem and whether or not the TV is also turned on.

For even more fun you can use the Auto Dig function in the input definition to switch between whichever digital audio input you specify and the fixed set of analog jacks associated with that input definition. If there's no signal on the digital audio input the Anthem automatically uses the analog input instead.

So you could have a stereo device (like a turntable with an external cartridge phono amp) share an input definition with a digital device like your CD player. When the CD player is running the Anthem would use the digital audio input you specified. When the CD player is not running the Anthem would use the analog stereo jacks.
--Bob

Excellent information Bob!!! I will set my 59avi using the same connections as you with optical/coax cables. I am also using a Harmony remote so I'll also add a new activity such as Listen to CD with TV. I'll play around with it but I understand what you are recommending which is a huge plus. Thank you very much.

Steve
post #8925 of 42988 Old 09-07-2007, 03:27 PM

Quick question about pairing HD DVD player with D2: Do you want one that offers 1080p24 or are the cheaper ones with 1080i ok? The more expensive ones have scaler chips in it that add to the cost but are not as good as the D2's from what I understand. Thanks.
post #8926 of 42988 Old 09-07-2007, 03:55 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmos5861 View Post

Thank you for the response. But I am comparing the NEW vp50pro.

I honestly don't know what DVDO could be
doing beyond the VP50. I know they announced
the PRO.

Oh Ya - HDMI v1.3 - We all NEED THAT
post #8927 of 42988 Old 09-07-2007, 05:56 PM
AVS Special Member

So no word from Cedia from Anthem?
post #8928 of 42988 Old 09-07-2007, 06:34 PM
Read the FAQ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsm363 View Post

Quick question about pairing HD DVD player with D2: Do you want one that offers 1080p24 or are the cheaper ones with 1080i ok? The more expensive ones have scaler chips in it that add to the cost but are not as good as the D2's from what I understand. Thanks.

If you have (or expect to buy) a TV that accepts 1080p/24 and alters it's refresh rate to display that at a multiple of 24 frames per second, then the 1080p/24 capable player is probably the way to go -- even using the Anthem.

Otherwise, the 1080i capable player will give you all you can use (all other things being equal).

Personally, I'd get a 1080p/24 capable player today if you can find one you like at a price that works for you, just to make it easier for you if you upgrade your TV.
--Bob

post #8929 of 42988 Old 09-07-2007, 06:35 PM
Read the FAQ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthemAVM View Post

So no word from Cedia from Anthem?

Nary a peep!

Inquiring minds want to know! Where are our Far Flung Correspondents?
--Bob

post #8930 of 42988 Old 09-07-2007, 07:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Nary a peep!

--Bob

Probably CRYING in their beers because
they are THERE and heard NOTHING.
post #8931 of 42988 Old 09-07-2007, 07:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Nary a peep!

--Bob

There is some GOOD PRODUCT REPORTING HERE
post #8932 of 42988 Old 09-07-2007, 09:44 PM

Quote:

Nary a peep!

--Bob

Guys,

I'll post a response late Saturday/early Sunday. Have to catch an early flight.

Jim
post #8933 of 42988 Old 09-08-2007, 04:17 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

1920x1080p/60Hz would be normal for a "native" 1080p TV in the US. /50Hz is normal in some other areas such as Europe for historical reasons.

/24Hz, on the other hand, is "movie frame rate" -- the rate at which frames of film advance in a typical movie. Normally movies are raised to /60 for viewing on TVs by the "telecine" process where interlaced half frames (called "fields") are duplicated in a regular 3,2,2,3 "cadence", making more fields per second = more frames per second.

That's what happens when you watch movies on TV for example.

The result of doing this is that some fields stay on screen slightly longer than other fields, resulting in what's called "cadence judder" -- a relatively minor effect that the brain pretty much causes your eyes to ignore.

However, "judder free" setups produce smoother imaging that most people can readily see if viewed next to a "normal" setup. This is something that's particularly interesting to folks with really big screens, such as front projector folks.

A judder free setup requires a source that can detect film frame rate content (differentiating it from /60Hz TV frame rate content) and send it out at /24Hz, and also requires a display that can receive /24Hz *AND* actually display it at an alternate display refresh frame rate which is a multiple of 24. Very few TVs do that today.

So the /24 stuff is newer in the home theater world.

Assuming your TV does NOT both accept /24HZ as input *AND* display it by altering its screen refresh rate to a multiple of 24, you should set the Anthem to output 1920x1080p/60Hz.

Meanwhile, you would typically set a Blu-Ray or HD-DVD player to send /24Hz to the Anthem. Let the Anthem do the frame rate conversion.
--Bob

I would be telling a lie if I said I understand fully.

I am going to set up Anthem at 60 out with 4:4:4 and change my Sony Blu ray to 24. It is set at 60 now. I always thought the more frames a sec the better the pic. The picture is so good now I just cant imagine changing the player to 24 can actually make it better.

I bet you could make money setting these up for people.

Thanks once again.
post #8934 of 42988 Old 09-08-2007, 09:01 AM
Read the FAQ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by budeone View Post

I would be telling a lie if I said I understand fully.

I am going to set up Anthem at 60 out with 4:4:4 and change my Sony Blu ray to 24. It is set at 60 now. I always thought the more frames a sec the better the pic. The picture is so good now I just cant imagine changing the player to 24 can actually make it better.

I bet you could make money setting these up for people.

Thanks once again.

When you have some time, read through the various links collected in the first post in this thread. There's some helpful material on technology and terminology for example that may make some of this a bit less of a mystery for you.

The reason why more frames per second is sometimes not better is when the original form of the content was recorded at a rate which is not an even multiple of what you are trying to use for display.

For example, if you record a movie at 2 frames per second and try to display it at 3 frames per second, you can't just flip the frames faster because that will speed up the movie and it will look unnatural. But what's to do? You don't HAVE a third frame to use each second.

Well you could display the first frame (in each second) for 1/3 second and the second frame for 1/3 second and MAKE UP a third frame for the remaining 1/3 second. The movie would play at a "natural" speed then. But how to make that third frame?

The easy thing to do would be to display the first frame TWICE (1/3 second each) and the second frame once -- or the other way around. Except now the movie kind of stutters along since some frames appear on screen for a longer period of time than others.

Or you could try to invent a third frame which is kinda sorta halfway in between what's in the first and second frame. And the problem here is that there's not really any good way to do that which the eye won't pick up as strangeness in the imaging.

-----------------------------------------------

Well this is just the problem with viewing movies on TV.

Film cameras used to make movies advance the film at 24 frames per second. TVs, on the other hand, put the next image frame up on the screen 60 times per second. And 60 is not an even multiple of 24. If you could just speed up the film camera to 30 frames per second it would work (just display each frame twice to make 60fps). But you can't.

So to make it work, movies are adjusted for TV broadcast. Each frame is divided up into 2 "interlaced half frames" called "fields. One field of each frame has all the even lines of the image and the other all the odd lines.

Then some additional frames are INVENTED by taking a field from one frame and merging it with the alternate field from an adjacent frame. If you take the 2,2,2,2 sequence of movie fields and duplicate some, but not all, fields to produce a 2,3,3,2 sequence the result is that you end up with the right number of fields to make all the frames you need -- some real, original frames and some invented. The result is 30 fps which can be displayed on a traditional TV just fine. This is the cornerstone of the "telecine" process.

However, some fields are now on screen for a longer time than adjacent fields and the brain can see this. Fortunately, the brain chooses NOT to see this most of the time. It tricks itself into thinking there is actually no such "cadence judder" in what it is seeing. Which is why watching movies on TV channels works so well.

But the judder is still there and there are certain TYPES of scenes where the brain actually sees it. For most people, their first realization that cadence judder exists is when they are watching the credits scroll smoothly up the screen at the end of a movie. Except it isn't QUITE smooth. It's a tiny bit jerky. That's cadence judder.

Well if you had a TV which was capable of switching it's image "refresh rate" to a multiple of 24 instead of 30, and if you had a source which would send along /24Hz movie imaging instead of doing telecine to raise it to /30Hz, then you could see the movie WITHOUT cadence judder.

And there are some TVs that will do that today.

Pretty soon now you will also start seeing TVs that are designed to use a /120Hz refresh rate. This is cool because 120 is and even multiple of BOTH 30 and 24. Which means you could switch between /24Hz content from movie film and /30Hz content from live TV cameras without having to change refresh rates in the TV.
--Bob

post #8935 of 42988 Old 09-08-2007, 09:15 AM
Read the FAQ!

I'm going to add this into this thread as well, even though a separate thread has just been started for it:

Anthem has, at long last, begun selling AVM-20 to AVM-50 upgrades:

http://www.anthemav.com/NewSitev2.0/.../Upgrades.html

The cost is US$2300 presuming the AVM-20 *ALREADY* has the previous DSP-board hardware upgrade for AVM-20 units. Anthem has not quoted a combo price for folks with the oldest AVM-20s that would need *BOTH* hardware upgrades, but presumably that pricing is available on request.

This completes the set of upgrades that Anthem promised well over a year ago: D1 to D2 funtionality and AVM-20/AVM-30 to AVM-50 functionality.

Another change is that Anthem is now quoting 3-4 weeks total turnaround time for US customers instead of the 5 weeks they had previously been quoting. This includes about 7 days in the factory itself. The rest is shipment and customs delays crossing the border twice.
--Bob

post #8936 of 42988 Old 09-08-2007, 02:51 PM
AVS Club Gold

I may have a hold over until the D3 comes out

Elite SC-09TX

http://www.engadgethd.com/2007/09/08...09tx-receiver/

Tim
Selling Anthem PVA7.
STABILITY + Superior audio (SC09-TX) + Incredible picture (VPL-VW200) + good integration.
post #8937 of 42988 Old 09-08-2007, 02:55 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudolpht View Post

Elite SC-09TX

NOT ME - I LOVE MY D2

That is a NICE piece of GEAR - but won't hold a candle
to the D2 SOUND and VIDEO QUALITY.
post #8938 of 42988 Old 09-08-2007, 03:12 PM
Read the FAQ!

Tim, looks like you'll have until January to think about it! (grin!)

EDITED TO ADD: Since it isn't supposed to ship until at least January, why do you suppose they made it obsolete at launch by not designing and testing it to the stricter HDMI V1.3b signal, functional, and interoperability standard?
--Bob

post #8939 of 42988 Old 09-08-2007, 05:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudolpht View Post

Elite SC-09TX

For $7k? No way.

It ain't ignorance causes so much trouble; it's folks knowing so much that ain't so

post #8940 of 42988 Old 09-09-2007, 02:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I have my main CDP connected to Digital Optical 1 on the Anthem (This CDP also has coax out, analog out and balanced outouts). I also have a CD recorder that only has optical and analog ins (no coax) for recording.

I can run the optical digital out from my main CDP to the optical in on the CDR, bypassing the Anthem, but my question is: Does anyone know a way of doing this by going through the Anthem?

If so, how does the "record" button on the Anthem work?

Click here for pic of my 7.1 home theater system and here for pic of S2 surround wall mounting.

Click here for pic of my 2 channel system.

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Receivers Amplifiers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page