Forum Jump: 
 4Likes

post #9271 of 42976 Old 09-27-2007, 09:24 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I too went component from the cable box to the D2. I can't fathom the picture being any better over HDMI when watching a good feed like ESPN during a live event. It's truly unbelieveable. I've only had my plasma for a week or so and it's been quite the learning curve. It took me about 4 hours (yes, I'm a little slow at times) to figure out why my cable picture was stretched. Naturally I went through the Anthem's input and output setup several times. Then to the Pioneer display setup and all submenus. Then back to the D2, back to the display, etc ad nauseum. I could feel my blood pressure rising. Walk away, walk away. The next day I started over only to FINALLY figure out that it was my cable box stretching the 1080i signal. Having a new pre-pro, display and cable service all at the same time has proved quite a challenge, but I think I'm finally on the downward side. The picture and sound I now get are as I hoped when I started this venture, and that's what it's all about.

120@20@14'
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #9272 of 42976 Old 09-27-2007, 09:53 AM
Read the FAQ!

Quoted: 160 Post(s)
Liked: 796
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tolstoi View Post

I am also using HDMI for my cable box (SCI8300HD). It work fine for video but sometime the audio doesn't work for a few days or weeks and than come back. I suspect the cable company that keeps changing the firmware in my back... As a result I always keep the coaxial audio output connect just in case.

I don't use HDMI for audio from my Comcast/Motorola HD-DVR. I use optical cable for audio, and HDMI for video only.

The reason has nothing to do with audio quality or reliability. The HDMI audio gave me no problems in that regard.

But Motorola implements the HDMI handshake as two passes -- once for video and a second time for video plus audio. That means every time you change between SDTV and HDTV (or back) the audio startup is delayed an additional couple seconds after the video starts.

With HDMI video and optical audio, the audio actually starts up a moment before the video starts up. There's still the 1-2 second handshake delay before the video starts up, but I'm used to that. And of course there's no difference whatsoever between the digital audio that comes in over the optical cable and what would come in as part of the HDMI signal.
--Bob

Anthem D2/D2v/AVM50/AVM50v/ARC1 tweaking guide. -- Need personal consultation/training? PM me!
post #9273 of 42976 Old 09-27-2007, 07:55 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm sure this has been posted several times, but I have hooked up my xbox 360 via component and I can't get anything to display other than 480i. When I go into the xbox settings to change to 1080i (or switch to HDTV on the xbox module) I get a blinking blue screen. Also, the XBOX had a 1080p option but I believe your can only get 1080i over component, correct?

Thanks,
Jeff
post #9274 of 42976 Old 09-27-2007, 09:54 PM

Hi,

I have a new PC with an NVidia 8800GTS card (with 2 DVI and 1 S-video outputs).

I hooked it up to the D2 via DVI-HDMI cable (and then HDMI out to the JVC RS1), but no picture. So I bought and just today received the Gefen DVI Detective, hook it all up, but still no picture. When I hit Status on the D2's remote, it tells me the video input is 1280x800@60Hz, but the screen is black.

Are there any settings I need to be aware of? Do I need to set the video config to a particular resolution? I think the 8800 GTS is capable of 2560x1600.

Do I need to update the DVI-HDMI cable? I bought it over 3 years ago.

I can use the PC's S-video output with no problems, but the resolution is low. I also have had no problems with a PS3 and a cable box using HDMI to the D2.

Any help would be appreciated!

Cheers,

Joe

Joe's Movie Mutterings
http://www.moviemutterings.com
post #9275 of 42976 Old 09-28-2007, 12:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Wong View Post

Hi,

I have a new PC with an NVidia 8800GTS card (with 2 DVI and 1 S-video outputs).

I hooked it up to the D2 via DVI-HDMI cable (and then HDMI out to the JVC RS1), but no picture. So I bought and just today received the Gefen DVI Detective, hook it all up, but still no picture. When I hit Status on the D2's remote, it tells me the video input is 1280x800@60Hz, but the screen is black.

Are there any settings I need to be aware of? Do I need to set the video config to a particular resolution? I think the 8800 GTS is capable of 2560x1600.

Do I need to update the DVI-HDMI cable? I bought it over 3 years ago.

I can use the PC's S-video output with no problems, but the resolution is low. I also have had no problems with a PS3 and a cable box using HDMI to the D2.

Any help would be appreciated!

Cheers,

Joe

I have a NVIDIA 7800 GTX also connected to a D2 via a DVI-HDMI cable. It works, but I have to reboot the PC with the D2 on and set to the PC's input before the NVIDIA control panel will recognize the D2 as a separate monitor.

My cabling is NVIDIA 7800 -> 50' DVI-HDMI cable (Monoprice) -> HDMI extender -> 6' HDMI cable -> D2. My desktop resolution is 1920x1200 and I use the "clone" option in configuring multiple monitors. The D2 recognizes the input as 1080p.

The tricky part for me was getting the NVIDIA driver to see the D2 as a 2nd monitor. The only reliable method for me is to reboot as mentioned above. If you don't have it already, grab the moninfo utility from EnTech. It should tell you when the D2 is connected regardless of what the NVIDIA control panel sees.

I'm using the latest D2 firmware, 1.12s. When I was using 1.11, I was able to get NVIDIA to recognize the D2 as a monitor without rebooting by performing a couple of steps in Windows. I informed Nick at Anthem about this and he responded known issues with NVIDIA cards and the D2 (no specifics).

I'm also considering the Gefen DVI Detective as a way to eliminate the need to reboot the PC. Theoretically the DVI Detective will continuously tell the NVIDIA the D2 is connected and thus always recognize it as a 2nd monitor.
post #9276 of 42976 Old 09-28-2007, 05:25 AM

Thanks Krops...

Do I have to use the D2 as the 2nd monitor? It seems the max res for monitor 1 is only 1024 x 768...I'm trying to look up the manual for my card...

Cheers,

Joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krops View Post

I have a NVIDIA 7800 GTX also connected to a D2 via a DVI-HDMI cable. It works, but I have to reboot the PC with the D2 on and set to the PC's input before the NVIDIA control panel will recognize the D2 as a separate monitor.

My cabling is NVIDIA 7800 -> 50' DVI-HDMI cable (Monoprice) -> HDMI extender -> 6' HDMI cable -> D2. My desktop resolution is 1920x1200 and I use the "clone" option in configuring multiple monitors. The D2 recognizes the input as 1080p.

The tricky part for me was getting the NVIDIA driver to see the D2 as a 2nd monitor. The only reliable method for me is to reboot as mentioned above. If you don't have it already, grab the moninfo utility from EnTech. It should tell you when the D2 is connected regardless of what the NVIDIA control panel sees.

I'm using the latest D2 firmware, 1.12s. When I was using 1.11, I was able to get NVIDIA to recognize the D2 as a monitor without rebooting by performing a couple of steps in Windows. I informed Nick at Anthem about this and he responded known issues with NVIDIA cards and the D2 (no specifics).

I'm also considering the Gefen DVI Detective as a way to eliminate the need to reboot the PC. Theoretically the DVI Detective will continuously tell the NVIDIA the D2 is connected and thus always recognize it as a 2nd monitor.

Joe's Movie Mutterings
post #9277 of 42976 Old 09-28-2007, 06:30 AM
Read the FAQ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbags View Post

I'm sure this has been posted several times, but I have hooked up my xbox 360 via component and I can't get anything to display other than 480i. When I go into the xbox settings to change to 1080i (or switch to HDTV on the xbox module) I get a blinking blue screen. Also, the XBOX had a 1080p option but I believe your can only get 1080i over component, correct?

Thanks,
Jeff

There should be no problem displaying the typical HDTV resolutions from the XBOX over Component (i.e., 720p or 1080i), except that if you are playing a standard DVD the output resolution over Component will be limited to no higher than 480p due to industry copy protection requirements. Component cables themselves are certainly good up to 1080p/60Hz although the Anthem limits processing of Component video input to 1080p/30 ( = 1080i/60) or lower.

Odds are you haven't found the right settings in the XBOX (or your XBOX is broken), but let's examine your Anthem settings:

* First make sure the output side of the Anthem is set up correctly for your TV. See the "Video Calibration for non-ISF Techs" post found in the collection of links in the first post of this thread. You test the TV side of the Anthem using the Anthem's own, internally generated video as described in that post -- i.e., without using any source device video.

* Tell us what software version you are using on the Anthem. Press Select once on the remote to bring up the version number. There are some bugs in older software that could be the cause of your problem.

* If you are using the V1.12s software (also labeled V1.2 in some Anthems), be aware that there are TWO Video Output configurations you can set up. Make sure you have assigned the one you want to use to the Anthem input definition for viewing the XBOX.

* In Setup / Source Setup for the input definition you want to use for viewing the XBOX, confirm that Scaler Input = Component, *AND ALSO* that Component Video In = the input jack set on the back of the Anthem you have used for the XBOX. Make sure the three Component plugs are fully inserted in their jacks at both ends.

* Are you using Component or HDMI cabling to your TV? If Component, make sure the cables are plugged into the upper set of Component output jacks -- the ones labeled "Main" as opposed to the ones just below them labeled "Main or Zone 2". And make sure that Setup / Video Output / Preferred is HDMI or Component according to the cabling you are using to drive your TV.

* While the XBOX input is selected for viewing, press and hold the "7" key on the Anthem to bring up the Video Source Adjust menu. Scroll right to the Output panel and then down to the Frame Lock line and confirm that Frame Lock = OFF is set.

* Double check the video settings in your XBOX. I can't help you with those since I don't own an XBOX. Also, check to see if you need to apply the latest software upgrade to the XBOX.

* While viewing XBOX video, press the Select key on the Anthem remote repeatedly to bring up the various status displays. Please report what it shows for video input.

* Then go to Video Source Adjust / Info and report what is shown for both video input and ouput.

Let's see what you have for us on this, and we'll take it from there.
--Bob

Anthem D2/D2v/AVM50/AVM50v/ARC1 tweaking guide. -- Need personal consultation/training? PM me!
post #9278 of 42976 Old 09-28-2007, 06:35 AM

Quote:

Do I have to use the D2 as the 2nd monitor? It seems the max res for monitor 1 is only 1024 x 768...I'm trying to look up the manual for my card...

Hmm, not sure. All I can suggest is experiment. The D2 is monitor 2 for me, and I find I can set the desktop resolution to anything up to what monitor 1 can take (1920x1200 in my case). When I set the resolution to 1280x1024 for example, both the desktop and D2 go to that resolution. What is interesting is the D2 still receives a 1080p signal.

In case it helps, I attached a screenshot of my NVIDIA control panel.
LL
post #9279 of 42976 Old 09-28-2007, 07:07 AM

Thanks Bob! I will perform these checks today and give you the results. I see that you mention firmware version 1.12 but all I see on the Anthem website is version 1.11, which happens to be the version I am currently running. Where can I get this updated version?

Thanks,
Jeff
post #9280 of 42976 Old 09-28-2007, 07:25 AM
Read the FAQ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbags View Post

Thanks Bob! I will perform these checks today and give you the results. I see that you mention firmware version 1.12 but all I see on the Anthem website is version 1.11, which happens to be the version I am currently running. Where can I get this updated version?

Thanks,
Jeff

For reasons never adequately explained, Anthem has not updated the software on their web site since last year. However, if you call or email Anthem tech support, they will email you the latest stuff.

But don't be in a rush to update your software to that version. Let's see if you really need to first. There are some known problems in the V1.12s software and we're expecting at least one more bug fix version before they go "final" with it. I'm still running on the original V1.11 stuff myself, and I'm pretty sure we have happy XBOX users running V1.11 on their Anthems as well.
--Bob

post #9281 of 42976 Old 09-29-2007, 01:10 PM

Krops,

my NVidia control panel has much fewer options than what you show. I called my PC manufacturer (Puget) and they said it has to do with Windows Vista incompatibility? I am running Vista Home Premium.

I tried installing the latest Forceware drivers (163.69) but with the DVI connected to DVI Detective and then to D2, the screen went black while installing. According to the driver installation instructions it should have prompted for uninstall of previous drivers but I never got that message (or, at least, never saw it). Also, the instructions say it should have been trying to recognize the D2 as a monitor?

As further background, I configured and bought this PC without a monitor, so all my Display Settings say is Generic PnP monitor. When does NVidia recognize the D2? During install of drivers?

Thanks for any help...this is getting frustrating.

Joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krops View Post

Hmm, not sure. All I can suggest is experiment. The D2 is monitor 2 for me, and I find I can set the desktop resolution to anything up to what monitor 1 can take (1920x1200 in my case). When I set the resolution to 1280x1024 for example, both the desktop and D2 go to that resolution. What is interesting is the D2 still receives a 1080p signal.

In case it helps, I attached a screenshot of my NVIDIA control panel.

Joe's Movie Mutterings
post #9282 of 42976 Old 09-29-2007, 01:45 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 12
Has anyone successfully run a Mac to the D2 via DVI=>HDMI?
post #9283 of 42976 Old 09-30-2007, 01:56 AM
Advanced Member

Well, I got the Toshiba HD-A30 HD DVD player, one of their 3rd generation HD DVD players. Great deal (9 free HD DVDs from BB - select any 2 from the store + 2 in the box + 5 from the mail).

I connected the HD-A30 to HDMI 1 of my D2 (version 1.11g firmware). I setup my D2 to use DVD 4 with HDMI 1 as the input scaler. I was all excited to sit back and watch a move, but I get no picture or sound out of the HDMI. I only get the Anthem blue screen. I can see the setup menu of the HD-A30 when using its composite out, but nothing out of its HDMI out (and there is nothing in setup to tell it to start using HDMI). I've tried both "Yes" and "No" in the 'HDMI Repeater' setting of the D2. Anyone else having this issue with the HD-A30 or an earlier generation Toshiba HD DVD player?

Later, I'll try using a different HDMI cable (I'm using this same brand HDMI cable with other HDMI sources including my PS3). If that doesn't work, I can try connecting my projector directly to the HD-A30. If still no luck, I'll exchange it at BB. Any other thoughts?
post #9284 of 42976 Old 09-30-2007, 03:48 AM

hey guys, I've been enjoying my D2 in my HT which is still under construction. I find that the sound quality is really extravagant. But, I keep wondering to myself, 'How good are the newer pre/pros?'

So, to get to my point, Are any of you worried about the sound quality the newer pre/pros have in comparison to your D2?

I've heard the Lexicon MC-12 and Parasound Halo C2, as well as my already replaced Sunfire Theater Grand Mk II. Even though my D2 is only very subtly clearer and warmer than the MC-12, it certainly sounds better than the C2 and my Sunfire. But, What I'm worried about is maybe Denon's upcoming Pre/Pro or whatever is in the under 10k area. I've heard the Theta Casablanca and it is truly heaven to my ears, The Meridian 861 is orgasmic as well. But, these are components costing 3-4 times the D2. Everytime I hear my D2 even with my old Snell system I keep thinking 'If it sounds this good, how much better can they make it?'

My Theater Showpiece Cinema
post #9285 of 42976 Old 09-30-2007, 08:49 AM
Read the FAQ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by randman View Post

Well, I got the Toshiba HD-A30 HD DVD player, one of their 3rd generation HD DVD players. Great deal (9 free HD DVDs from BB - select any 2 from the store + 2 in the box + 5 from the mail).

I connected the HD-A30 to HDMI 1 of my D2 (version 1.11g firmware). I setup my D2 to use DVD 4 with HDMI 1 as the input scaler. I was all excited to sit back and watch a move, but I get no picture or sound out of the HDMI. I only get the Anthem blue screen. I can see the setup menu of the HD-A30 when using its composite out, but nothing out of its HDMI out (and there is nothing in setup to tell it to start using HDMI). I've tried both "Yes" and "No" in the 'HDMI Repeater' setting of the D2. Anyone else having this issue with the HD-A30 or an earlier generation Toshiba HD DVD player?

Later, I'll try using a different HDMI cable (I'm using this same brand HDMI cable with other HDMI sources including my PS3). If that doesn't work, I can try connecting my projector directly to the HD-A30. If still no luck, I'll exchange it at BB. Any other thoughts?

Presuming you are using HDMI output to your display (i.e., you are not trying to make HDMI input to Component output work), and that is working fine for other sources, no, I've got no suggestions over what you've already decided to try yourself.

Well, one suggestion: You can temporarily hook your new A30 via HDMI directly to your display to confirm that its HDMI output is working at all.
--Bob

post #9286 of 42976 Old 09-30-2007, 01:02 PM

Quote:

I tried installing the latest Forceware drivers (163.69) but with the DVI connected to DVI Detective and then to D2, the screen went black while installing. According to the driver installation instructions it should have prompted for uninstall of previous drivers but I never got that message (or, at least, never saw it). Also, the instructions say it should have been trying to recognize the D2 as a monitor?

As further background, I configured and bought this PC without a monitor, so all my Display Settings say is Generic PnP monitor. When does NVidia recognize the D2? During install of drivers?

The monitor does not need to be present at the time of driver installation. Also, I would try getting things to work first with a direct connection from the NVidia card to the D2, i.e. bypass the Gefen DVI Detective to eliminate a variable.

Start the D2, set it to the PC's HDMI input and then power-cycle your PC. In my case when Windows XP starts, the D2 will receive a signal from the card. At this point, I can see my desktop background. Once XP finishes loading, I go into the NVidia control panel and set the proper mode for a 2-monitor display ("clone" in my case).

Once you verify things are working with a direct connection, then introduce the DVI Detective.
post #9287 of 42976 Old 09-30-2007, 01:21 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Pariseau View Post

Presuming you are using HDMI output to your display (i.e., you are not trying to make HDMI input to Component output work), and that is working fine for other sources, no, I've got no suggestions over what you've already decided to try yourself.

Well, one suggestion: You can temporarily hook your new A30 via HDMI directly to your display to confirm that its HDMI output is working at all.
--Bob

To summarize my problem: when the Toshiba HD-A30 was connected to my
D2 via HDMI, I get no signal. No picture. No sound. Clicking on setup in the HD-A30's remote

sends nothing to the HDMI output. I can see the setup menu when using composite out, but nothing

comes out of the HDMI out. I tried setting "HDMI Repeater" to both yes and no in the D2. No luck.

The D2 gets no signal whatsoever.

So, I tried connecting my HD-A30 directly to my projector. I turned on the projector, followed by

the HD-A30. Same problem - no signal. Pressing the setup menu on the HD-A30's remote didn't

display anything on the projector. The projector just said "No signal" (same symptoms that the D2

said when the HD-A30 was connected directly to the D2).

Aside: there is nothing in the HD-A30's setup menu that requires you to tell it to

use HDMI (it defaults to outputing 1080i by default unless you change things in the setup menu).

Surprisingly, as soon as I inserted the DVD, a video signal was sent out of the HD-A30's

HDMI out to my projector. I got the HD DVD logo in the bottom right corner of the
picture, and the DVD's picture came up. Then, when I click on setup on the HD-A30 remote, the setup screen comes up!!! Later, I didn't have to insert a disk for the HD-A30's menu to show up in my projector.

However, when the HD-A30 is connected to my D2, I couldn't get it to send a video or audio signal, no matter what I did. Unlike earlier, inserting a DVD didn't help.

Seems like more HDMI flakiness.
post #9288 of 42976 Old 09-30-2007, 01:22 PM
Read the FAQ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourlilbro View Post

hey guys, I've been enjoying my D2 in my HT which is still under construction. I find that the sound quality is really extravagant. But, I keep wondering to myself, 'How good are the newer pre/pros?'

So, to get to my point, Are any of you worried about the sound quality the newer pre/pros have in comparison to your D2?

I've heard the Lexicon MC-12 and Parasound Halo C2, as well as my already replaced Sunfire Theater Grand Mk II. Even though my D2 is only very subtly clearer and warmer than the MC-12, it certainly sounds better than the C2 and my Sunfire. But, What I'm worried about is maybe Denon's upcoming Pre/Pro or whatever is in the under 10k area. I've heard the Theta Casablanca and it is truly heaven to my ears, The Meridian 861 is orgasmic as well. But, these are components costing 3-4 times the D2. Everytime I hear my D2 even with my old Snell system I keep thinking 'If it sounds this good, how much better can they make it?'

You can spend a lot of time chasing audio nirvana. Money too.

Before I'd spend a penny more on audio electronics than the D2 I'd want to be sure I'd already done what makes sense on upgrading speakers and dealing with room treatment. Even then, I think the average D2 owner will likely gain more upgrading sources than upgrading the pre/pro. Then of course there is the wonderful world of amps.
--Bob

post #9289 of 42976 Old 09-30-2007, 01:24 PM
Read the FAQ!

Quote:

D2 via HDMI, I get no signal. No picture. No sound. Clicking on setup in the HD-A30's remote

sends nothing to the HDMI output. I can see the setup menu when using composite out, but nothing

comes out of the HDMI out. I tried setting "HDMI Repeater" to both yes and no in the D2. No luck.

So, I tried connecting my HD-A30 directly to my projector. I turned on the projector, followed by

the HD-A30. Same problem - no signal. Pressing the setup menu on the HD-A30's remote didn't

display anything on the projector. The projector just said "No signal" (same symptoms that the D2

Aside: there is nothing in the HD-A30's setup menu that requires you to tell it to

use HDMI (it defaults to outputing 1080i by default unless you change things in the setup menu).

Surprisingly, as soon as I inserted the DVD, a video signal was sent out of the HD-A30's

HDMI out to my projector. I got the HD DVD logo in the bottom right corner of the
picture, and the DVD's picture came up. Then, when I click on setup on the HD-A30 remote, the setup screen comes up!!! Later, I didn't have to insert a disk for the HD-A30's menu to show up in my projector.

However, when the HD-A30 is connected to my D2, I couldn't get it to send a video or audio signal, no matter what I did. Unlike earlier, inserting a DVD didn't help.

Bizarre! I'd like to say the A30 is broken, but I'm not sure we know that yet.

Any other A30 owners here yet?

EDIT: Have you checked to see if there's an A30 firmware upgrade?
--Bob

post #9290 of 42976 Old 09-30-2007, 01:42 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Bizarre! I'd like to say the A30 is broken, but I'm not sure we know that yet.

Any other A30 owners here yet?

EDIT: Have you checked to see if there's an A30 firmware upgrade?
--Bob

I told it to do an upgrade, and it said I already have the latest firmware (it said "1.0/1.1"). So, I'm thinking of exchanging it, and if that doesn't work, I'll just return it...
post #9291 of 42976 Old 09-30-2007, 01:46 PM
Read the FAQ!

randman,
I've got one other thing for you to try. While the A30 is supposed to be generating HDMI output, grab the HDMI plug near the socket and gently press it into the socket by hand. I can't tell you how many times I've solved HDMI issues by discovering that the plug was not fully seated in the socket. It only takes a tiny bit of looseness to lose the signal.

I'm thinking the vibration of loading and starting the disc may have generated a good connection the one time it worked while wired to your display.
--Bob

post #9292 of 42976 Old 09-30-2007, 03:28 PM

Quote:

I doubt this will be helpful, but the old A1 had a "Voutput" button on the remote that had to be used to designate HDMI. I don't believe there was any setup or menu item for this.

If you have that button on the A30 remote, give it a try.

Good Luck,
Randy
post #9293 of 42976 Old 09-30-2007, 04:01 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:

Just one more possible item, which it sounds like you have been back and forth enough to solve.

When connected directly to the projector, try setting the Tosh output to a specific rate, 1080p60 or whatever (likely whatever your projector can scale or native rate).

When you hook back to the D2 and setup the source, make sure to not boot the Anthem on the Tosh source. Startup the Anthem on the other source and switch to the input with the Tosh already powered on & warmed up.

Press play. Even in later sw iterations, the Anthem has issues with some HDMI sources.

Tim

Tim
Selling Anthem PVA7.
STABILITY + Superior audio (SC09-TX) + Incredible picture (VPL-VW200) + good integration.
post #9294 of 42976 Old 09-30-2007, 04:02 PM
Advanced Member

Bob - I made sure all cables from the HD-A30 were inserted properly into the D2. I also tried using a different HDMI input into the D2. Also tried a different HDMI cable. No luck.
If the A30 were connected directly to my projector, I do get a picture. But if connected to the D2, no picture and no sound. Not even the setup menu. I exchanged the unit and I have the same issue with the new one.

rmarcoot - I don't see a "voutput" in the remote or something similar.

I'll play around some more and also see if other folks have similar issues. This is the very first HDMI product I've purchased that actually had zero picture or sound into the D2. Other HDMI sources I've had have worked (more or less) fine - TiVo Series 3 (HD), PS3, Denon DVD, HD Camcorder. But this Toshiba just doesn't work....

Tim - I'll give your suggestion a try later (wife wants to watch something in Blu-Ray :-) ).
post #9295 of 42976 Old 10-01-2007, 08:09 AM
Read the FAQ!

I'm really surprised we haven't had any reports of "test" software newer than V1.12s by now. It's been quite a while. And it continues to amaze me that Anthem hasn't made it a priority to replace the V1.11 software still on their web site. For those who've forgotten, V1.11 was released on Nov 24, 2006.

Meanwhile, our rate of folks posting here who needed help from Anthem tech support (issues beyond what we could get them past in this thread) has been pretty steady -- actually a good sign since Anthem has obviously sold more units by now so one would normally expect the problem reporting rate to increase -- but we've had far fewer posts on resolution of problems by Anthem than earlier this year.

Anyone care to comment on recent contact with Anthem? We need more news/rumors, and we should be hearing about folks getting fixes.
--Bob

post #9296 of 42976 Old 10-01-2007, 08:25 AM
AVS Club Gold

Sorry, Bob. Nothing new to report here. I have a new unit with 1.2 presinstalled. My only contact with Anthem (Nick via phone) was related to the HDMI/component use from my DVR as discussed in length above.
post #9297 of 42976 Old 10-01-2007, 08:56 AM
Read the FAQ!

Thanks Tim.

For any newbies: V1.2 is supposedly the same thing as V1.12s except factory installed.
--Bob

post #9298 of 42976 Old 10-01-2007, 01:04 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
My salesman/tech guy came over last Wednesday and tweaked my sound and somewhat my picture(ISF guy in a couple of weeks)
Sound is great, great and picture also. Had cousins over to see Frieda and they commented on the wonderful colors and sound.
I agree with Bob, when do we get an approved update on line. I do have 1.2s that Nick sent me. But, per Bob, I have not installed it. I am still running on 1.1 and no issues.
But, no HD-DVD or blue ray.
Gerry
post #9299 of 42976 Old 10-01-2007, 01:48 PM
3no

Quote:

Anyone care to comment on recent contact with Anthem? We need more news/rumors, and we should be hearing about folks getting fixes.
--Bob

I've had my (2nd) replacement unit since July 24 running factory 1.2 with zero problems. My only complaint is that I'd like to see the HDMI handshake process sped up by 2-3 orders of magnitude, as the blue screen is annoying when a handshake is legitimately required. But I'd much rather have Room EQ, so I'm not going to bug them about anything non-critical.
post #9300 of 42976 Old 10-01-2007, 02:36 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:

I'm really surprised we haven't had any reports of "test" software newer than V1.12s by now. It's been quite a while. And it continues to amaze me that Anthem hasn't made it a priority to replace the V1.11 software still on their web site. For those who've forgotten, V1.11 was released on Nov 24, 2006.

Meanwhile, our rate of folks posting here who needed help from Anthem tech support (issues beyond what we could get them past in this thread) has been pretty steady -- actually a good sign since Anthem has obviously sold more units by now so one would normally expect the problem reporting rate to increase -- but we've had far fewer posts on resolution of problems by Anthem than earlier this year.

--Bob

Bob,
I cannot agree more with the sentiments expressed that it's very mysterious that Anthem has not put a stake in the ground with respect to a full production release to the D2/AVM50 constituents. It is from a business perspective very disturbing that there has not even been an attempt to explain the lack of progress on this issue.

I live within a 30 min drive of the Anthem HQ and would be very willing to represent this group in pursuing a position from a senior member of the company in person if enough members of this group felt that it would be appropriate.

I would just like to think that this issue is more than my personal agenda and does reflect a sincere concern of a majority of D2.AVM owners.

Peter
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Receivers Amplifiers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page