Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by zuesmaximus View Post

Hi, Drhankz,

No anthem was no help with my problem.
they gave me password to the site to download flash eraser. I tried it severals times then my next step was to download v1.33 again, the same error appeared "OKI BOOT LOADER".
Anthem told me to ship the unit to the factory. I'm not happy, two weeks without it in my familyroom. Not good and the wife is thrilled escpecially that she told me not to update software.

I'm sorry to hear about your problems also.

BUT THAT ERROR is a very old one. Nick should have said
something about that error. I think it has been FIXED for
almost 2 years. That is what sounds the most strange to me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #18842 of 42985 Old 02-10-2009, 10:49 AM

Liked: 10
Bonjour Mr. Robert Pariseau,

Comment allez-vous?
Mon premier nom est Robert, moi aussi.
Je viens de Joliette, Quebec, originellement.
Je vois que vous avez un bon sens de l'humour vous aussi, une des meilleure qualites.
Excusez-moi, si je suis indiscret, mais serait-il trop vous demander de quel endroit
vous demeurer?

I have great admiration and respect for Anthem products. And for the magnificent
devotion in the help you provide in this thread, I lift my hat to you.

I'm sorry if I'm late to join in, but may I ask you what is the technical term to
describe your profession?

Have a good day sir, and hopefully I may get in touch with you again.

Your's truly,

Bob
post #18843 of 42985 Old 02-10-2009, 11:28 AM
Read the FAQ!

Quoted: 179 Post(s)
Liked: 802
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lordoftherings View Post

Bonjour Mr. Robert Pariseau,

Comment allez-vous?
Mon premier nom est Robert, moi aussi.
Je viens de Joliette, Quebec, originellement.
Je vois que vous avez un bon sens de l'humour vous aussi, une des meilleure qualites.
Excusez-moi, si je suis indiscret, mais serait-il trop vous demander de quel endroit
vous demeurer?

I have great admiration and respect for Anthem products. And for the magnificent
devotion in the help you provide in this thread, I lift my hat to you.

I'm sorry if I'm late to join in, but may I ask you what is the technical term to
describe your profession?

Have a good day sir, and hopefully I may get in touch with you again.

Your's truly,

Bob

Thank you for the kind words, and thanks for providing the English translation!

The relevant part of my background is in computer software and hardware engineering, particularly graphics processing, 3D animation, video processing and computer audio.
--Bob

Anthem D2/D2v/AVM50/AVM50v/ARC1 tweaking guide. -- Need personal consultation/training? PM me!
post #18844 of 42985 Old 02-10-2009, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Pariseau View Post

Thank you for the kind words, and thanks for providing the English translation!

The relevant part of my background is in computer software and hardware engineering, particularly graphics processing, 3D animation, video processing and computer audio.
--Bob

Thanks Bob, sounds good to me what you're doing. Sorry if I was addressing
you in French at the beginning. Thought that you were French too, with
Pariseau as your last name. But then, it is French, isn't it? I took a wild guess.
Anyway, you don't seem offended, that's the main thing.
By the way, my mother's first name is: Parise, like Paris, France, but in
feminine.

Again, thank you for responding, I do appreciate.

You have a good day sir.

Bob
post #18845 of 42985 Old 02-10-2009, 11:57 AM

Liked: 11
thank you for the recommendations. followed all, found out at the end of a long trail that the issue was my failure to move two files to 2.01, not just the one that appeared to contain all the data required. my error!
that said, all well. here are the files. when time permits, your analysis, please.
please note the LF - i have never had a chart that looked like this!
Also, all the cross overs have been lowered(alot).
The sound is greatly improved over 1.25. The Elves at Anthem have, as we say here in the south, done good.
Again, my thanks, walt
LL
LL
LL
post #18846 of 42985 Old 02-10-2009, 12:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 25
One other observation re new D2v firmware. Video settigs seem to have changed, ie. Brightness had to be cranked up in the processor menu to match previous settings.
John

Jayray
Read the FAQs
post #18847 of 42985 Old 02-10-2009, 12:19 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Anthem sells the "high voltage" unit as a separate unit. It is not multi-voltage, but can handle either 50Hz or 60Hz wall power.

The specs are in the back of the Manual:

--Bob

Thank You
post #18848 of 42985 Old 02-10-2009, 12:24 PM
Read the FAQ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yacht422 View Post

thank you for the recommendations. followed all, found out at the end of a long trail that the issue was my failure to move two files to 2.01, not just the one that appeared to contain all the data required. my error!
that said, all well. here are the files. when time permits, your analysis, please.
please note the LF - i have never had a chart that looked like this!
Also, all the cross overs have been lowered(alot).
The sound is greatly improved over 1.25. The Elves at Anthem have, as we say here in the south, done good.
Again, my thanks, walt

These results look very good indeed, and I'm not at all surprised they sound great.

If your LF has a separately adjustable bass portion (e.g., a satellite subwoofer) then it might be set too high. Otherwise you may be seeing a rather strong case of Boundary Gain -- placement too close to a wall or corner boosting the lowest frequencies. ARC has corrected all of that except for the blip below 25Hz. But at that point the corrected curve is already 10dB or so below the basic volume level, so that blip will likely not be heard compared to what's coming out of the subwoofer at those frequencies.

If you re-position the LF and re-Measure you might reduce its Measured curve down there enough that ARC can correct it completely, but I wouldn't worry about it too much.

You'll see that your RF is just a little cleaner at the low frequencies, and that was enough for ARC to correct completely. ARC also corrected your Center completely.

Meanwhile your sub is also hot below 25Hz. This too is likely Boundary Gain. ARC needed to boost your sub between 40Hz and 100Hz and the result is likely that it wasn't also able to cut enough below 25Hz. If you move the sub out a bit (even inches matter) from the wall or corner that may smooth its Measured curve enough for ARC to correct this completely. But again, even the worst residual error -- at 25Hz -- is only about 2.5dB. Issues like this that are less than 3dB are typically OK to just ignore.
--Bob

Anthem D2/D2v/AVM50/AVM50v/ARC1 tweaking guide. -- Need personal consultation/training? PM me!
post #18849 of 42985 Old 02-10-2009, 12:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 66
Quote:

Hi, Drhankz,

they gave me password to the site to download flash eraser. I tried it severals times then my next step was to download v1.33 again, the same error appeared "OKI BOOT LOADER".
Anthem told me to ship the unit to the factory. I'm not happy, two weeks without it in my familyroom. Not good and the wife is thrilled escpecially that she told me not to update software.

I would call Anthem back and ask them for the manual shorting instructions.
They may not oblige as there is a slight chance you could fry the chip.
If you like I will look through my old e-mails and see if I still have them.
You'll need a set of medium long tweezers to do the trick.
I have to think that that is exactly what an Anthem tech will do since if software could clear it, they'd make it available.
Good luck!

It ain't ignorance causes so much trouble; it's folks knowing so much that ain't so

post #18850 of 42985 Old 02-10-2009, 12:34 PM
Read the FAQ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayray View Post

One other observation re new D2v firmware. Video settigs seem to have changed, ie. Brightness had to be cranked up in the processor menu to match previous settings.
John

Check Studio RGB input if you can. The problem may be specific to YCbCr input.

While you are at it, check whether Blacker than Black is being passed properly (and Peak White for that matter). If there is a problem it may be related.
--Bob

post #18851 of 42985 Old 02-10-2009, 12:45 PM

bob: many thanks for the good words! i am operating two 15" subs, and i believe i could spend the rest of my life, an inch at a time, looking for that "one sweet spot".
new question: You have mentioned many times that the surrounds should be either tilted down, or, mounted at near ear height. I built the room before i knew of you, and the recommendations i had at that time were to mount them at standing height. I'm 6'4", so i actually mounted them, as measured from floor to ctr of woofer cone, at 72".
They weigh prox 75# each, and are difficult to mount to the wall(tilting is out of the question) - so - is there a great sonic delta at mounting 72" vs" say, 45"?
The room is 16+ X 22+ X 10'.
your insight is, as always, appreciated.
Walt
post #18852 of 42985 Old 02-10-2009, 12:47 PM

Quote:

These results look very good indeed, and I'm not at all surprised they sound great.

If your LF has a separately adjustable bass portion (e.g., a satellite subwoofer) then it might be set too high. Otherwise you may be seeing a rather strong case of Boundary Gain -- placement too close to a wall or corner boosting the lowest frequencies. ARC has corrected all of that except for the blip below 25Hz. But at that point the corrected curve is already 10dB or so below the basic volume level, so that blip will likely not be heard compared to what's coming out of the subwoofer at those frequencies.

If you re-position the LF and re-Measure you might reduce its Measured curve down there enough that ARC can correct it completely, but I wouldn't worry about it too much.

You'll see that your RF is just a little cleaner at the low frequencies, and that was enough for ARC to correct completely. ARC also corrected your Center completely.

Meanwhile your sub is also hot below 25Hz. This too is likely Boundary Gain. ARC needed to boost your sub between 40Hz and 100Hz and the result is likely that it wasn't also able to cut enough below 25Hz. If you move the sub out a bit (even inches matter) from the wall or corner that may smooth its Measured curve enough for ARC to correct this completely. But again, even the worst residual error -- at 25Hz -- is only about 2.5dB. Issues like this that are less than 3dB are typically OK to just ignore.
--Bob

Wow. Isn't it amazing what we have all put up with before we had the ability to make these changes....those look dramatic!!

The first run through with ARC is one of the things I'm looking forward to most once my unit finally arrives......
post #18853 of 42985 Old 02-10-2009, 01:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Bob,

Studio RGB was set in video processor menu. PS3 set to RGB superwhite On, rgb full range Limited. Video Out in Anthem, colour space Auto, data studio RGB. Still no BTB.
John

Jayray
Read the FAQs
post #18854 of 42985 Old 02-10-2009, 01:26 PM

Not sure if this has been previously answered, but here goes:

I have a D1HD with 1.33 firmware and ARC 2.01, have completed a new measurement, and am not sure about the subwoofer results (I am using a Paradigm Servo 15).

The sub response cutoff in Targets was set by the program at 80 hz, but the crossover sent to the D2 was 115 hz. Does this mean that I'm losing some LFE info, since the response is corrected only up to 80 by LFE is crossed over well above that?

Also, the setting for Bypass LFE is set to No in the Speaker Config section. My understanding is that if this is set to Yes, any LFE not covered by the sub will be routed to speakers capable of playing it. Is this true?

Should I set this to Yes to compensate for the sub cutoff and xover difference, or does ARC disable that and would that mess up ARC?

Thanks.
post #18855 of 42985 Old 02-10-2009, 01:47 PM
Read the FAQ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayray View Post

Bob,

Studio RGB was set in video processor menu. PS3 set to RGB superwhite On, rgb full range Limited. Video Out in Anthem, colour space Auto, data studio RGB. Still no BTB.
John

The PS3 is incapable of producing BTB when RGB output is selected. However, testing with Studio RGB input (what the PS3 calls RGB Limited output) should reveal whether the required change you saw in Brightness/Contrast also applies to RGB or whether it is limited to YCbCr input.

To get BTB with YCbCr from the PS3 you need to set SuperWhite ON in the PS3 (as you have done). That setting has no effect on RGB output from the PS3.
--Bob

post #18856 of 42985 Old 02-10-2009, 01:48 PM
Read the FAQ!

Quote:

bob: many thanks for the good words! i am operating two 15" subs, and i believe i could spend the rest of my life, an inch at a time, looking for that "one sweet spot".
new question: You have mentioned many times that the surrounds should be either tilted down, or, mounted at near ear height. I built the room before i knew of you, and the recommendations i had at that time were to mount them at standing height. I'm 6'4", so i actually mounted them, as measured from floor to ctr of woofer cone, at 72".
They weigh prox 75# each, and are difficult to mount to the wall(tilting is out of the question) - so - is there a great sonic delta at mounting 72" vs" say, 45"?
The room is 16+ X 22+ X 10'.
your insight is, as always, appreciated.
Walt

The results from your Surrounds look fine. I wouldn't change a thing.

Evidently your surrounds have good vertical dispersion of high frequencies.

--------------------------------------------

Since you have two subs, one of the things you need to do is make sure they are matched in Phase and Polarity so that they aren't canceling each other. Since ARC listens to both subs at the same time, this needs to be done before you Measure with ARC. (If you have only one sub, you can do Phase/Polarity adjustments for it before or after doing ARC setup. Since ARC only listens to one speaker at a time its Measurements/Calculations are not affected by phase issues for folks with only one sub. The results will just sound better when you get the Phase/Polarity correct.)

Polarity reverses the entire range of frequencies. Phase operates mostly near the crossover frequencies. Based on your ARC charts I don't see any real problem here, but it is another thing to consider if you feel like fiddling.

Instructions for matching phase between the subs themselves and the mains are in the collected ARC links in the first post. Basically you match the phase of each sub to the LF speaker and that means they end up matched to each other. The LF speaker is used as a surrogate for all the main speakers in this

ETA: If you change Phase/Polarity for either of your two subs you will need to re-Measure. Frankly I'd be tempted to just declare victory and enjoy what you've got now.
--Bob

post #18857 of 42985 Old 02-10-2009, 02:15 PM
Read the FAQ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by my2cents View Post

Not sure if this has been previously answered, but here goes:

I have a D1HD with 1.33 firmware and ARC 2.01, have completed a new measurement, and am not sure about the subwoofer results (I am using a Paradigm Servo 15).

The sub response cutoff in Targets was set by the program at 80 hz, but the crossover sent to the D2 was 115 hz. Does this mean that I'm losing some LFE info, since the response is corrected only up to 80 by LFE is crossed over well above that?

Also, the setting for Bypass LFE is set to No in the Speaker Config section. My understanding is that if this is set to Yes, any LFE not covered by the sub will be routed to speakers capable of playing it. Is this true?

Should I set this to Yes to compensate for the sub cutoff and xover difference, or does ARC disable that and would that mess up ARC?

Thanks.

Neither the crossovers nor the cutoffs are hard boundaries. There is a gradual roll off of effect. Give it a listen, but I suspect you will discover that the solution that ARC has found works just fine.

ARC provides a more sophisticated solution to the problem that LFE Bypass tries to solve for folks doing manual setup. Leave LFE Bypass turned off. (Actually when Room EQ is ON for a source, LFE Bypass is ignored. It is also ignored during Measurements. This was confirmed with ARC V1.2.5.)

For folks doing manual setups, LFE Bypass sends all LFE to the sub regardless of how low the sub crossover is set. This is for folks doing a manual setup with a sub crossover well below 80Hz. (I.e., bass steering from the mains is limited, but you don't want to limit LFE.) So even if you were doing a manual setup you wouldn't gain anything from turning on LFE Bypass with these crossover settings.

For folks who discover their ARC solution has chosen a very low sub crossover, be aware that ARC includes the equivalent of LFE Bypass as well, so you are good to go.
--Bob

post #18858 of 42985 Old 02-10-2009, 02:24 PM

Quote:

The V1.33 firmware on your Anthem has nothing to do with this problem, and reinstalling it is not necessary.

Time to do a little clean up.

Power down your Anthem using the remote, and then also turn it off using the back panel switch.

Shutdown your computer. Disconnect the serial cable to your Anthem and your ARC mic from the computer. If you are using a USB/serial adapter, disconnect that as well.

Reboot your computer. Leave the Anthem powered off.

Go into Windows Add/Remove programs and REMOVE the Anthem ARC application. If you find more than one in there remove all of them.

When done with that, reboot your computer.

Go to Windows Program Files and open the Anthem folder that will still be in there. It should be empty except for your two licensing/calibration files. There may also be an Anthem Statement D2 folder in Program Files from some older version of ARC. If present, it too should be empty except for a copy of your pair of licensing/calibration files.

Next look on your desktop to see if you have any shortcut icons for ARC left there. If so, delete them.

Now download a fresh copy of ARC V2.01 from the Anthem web site and un-Zip it to get the install kit folder.

Now open up that folder and the ARC V2.0.1 CD folder inside it and you will see the ARC application, the Setup (installer) application, and a few other files. Copy your pair of licensing/calibration files into that same folder -- the one with the Setup program in it.

Next verify that you have the correct two files in there. The names of the two files are made up of numbers -- the serial number of your Anthem and the serial number of your ARC mic. Verify that the files you have in fact match those two serial numbers. If they don't, stop and report. Do not just rename them or anything like that.

Now reboot, yes again.

Now go back into that downloaded ARC V2.0.1 install folder and run the Setup program to install ARC V2.0.1. Let it complete. No errors? Good.

Reboot again.

Now go back to Program Files and the Anthem folder. The ARC application, your two licensing calibration files (the ones with the numbers you just verified) and a few other things should be in there. There should also be an ARC shortcut icon on your desktop.

Double click on the ARC shortcut icon on your desktop to run ARC. Select Advanced mode. In the Help menu, select About. Verify that it says you are running ARC V2.0.1.

Exit ARC and shutdown your computer.

Reconnect the serial cable between the computer and the Anthem (including the USB/Serial adapter if you are using one) and also plug in the ARC mic. Make sure the other end of the mic cable is fully inserted into the socket on the mic itself.

Turn on the back panel switch of the Anthem but do not power it up with the remote.

Boot up your computer.

Using the shortcut icon on your desktop, start up the ARC application. Select Advanced mode.

Click on Measure. The application should now power up the Anthem, verify its serial number and verify that your ARC mic is connected.

You can cancel out of the Measurement and start it up again later if you are not ready to Measure now.

If this doesn't sort things out for you, then you will need to call Anthem tech support on Monday.
--Bob

Quote:

The results from your Surrounds look fine. I wouldn't change a thing.

Evidently your surrounds have good vertical dispersion of high frequencies.

--------------------------------------------

Since you have two subs, one of the things you need to do is make sure they are matched in Phase and Polarity so that they aren't canceling each other. Since ARC listens to both subs at the same time, this needs to be done before you Measure with ARC. (If you have only one sub, you can do Phase/Polarity adjustments for it before or after doing ARC setup. Since ARC only listens to one speaker at a time its Measurements/Calculations are not affected by phase issues for folks with only one sub. The results will just sound better when you get the Phase/Polarity correct.)

Polarity reverses the entire range of frequencies. Phase operates mostly near the crossover frequencies. Based on your ARC charts I don't see any real problem here, but it is another thing to consider if you feel like fiddling.

Instructions for matching phase between the subs themselves and the mains are in the collected ARC links in the first post. Basically you match the phase of each sub to the LF speaker and that means they end up matched to each other. The LF speaker is used as a surrogate for all the main speakers in this

ETA: If you change Phase/Polarity for either of your two subs you will need to re-Measure. Frankly I'd be tempted to just declare victory and enjoy what you've got now.
--Bob

bob: i was thinking of a victory dance, but - - - i believe to find if i have fixed the LF issue, i need to move/adjust and measure it, only. then, when the LF looks good, finalize the entire room.
But, to tell the truth, I am not certain these 68 year old ears will hear all the improvements that those accumulated inches of movements promise.
EH?
regards
walt
post #18859 of 42985 Old 02-10-2009, 02:27 PM
Read the FAQ!

Quote:

bob: i was thinking of a victory dance, but - - - i believe to find if i have fixed the LF issue, i need to move/adjust and measure it, only. then, when the LF looks good, finalize the entire room.
But, to tell the truth, I am not certain these 68 year old ears will hear all the improvements that those accumulated inches of movements promise.
EH?
regards
walt

ARC currently doesn't provide a method to Measure and chart just one speaker or just one mic location. (Which also means you can't update a previous set of ARC results with just changes for one speaker.)

The Measured curve is an unweighted average of what ARC hears at all of the mic positions.

Since all you need to know is if the Measured curve is improving, you could temporarily tell ARC to do a 2.0 configuration (just LF/RF). You'll still have to Measure 5 mic positions, but it will go faster. And of course there's no need to Calculate or Upload. When you get a result you like in the Measured curve, do it over with ARC set to do your full speaker configuration.
--Bob

post #18860 of 42985 Old 02-10-2009, 02:28 PM

Quote:

Neither the crossovers nor the cutoffs are hard boundaries. There is a gradual roll off of effect. Give it a listen, but I suspect you will discover that the solution that ARC has found works just fine.

ARC provides a more sophisticated solution to the problem that LFE Bypass tries to solve for folks doing manual setup. Leave LFE Bypass turned off. (Actually when Room EQ is ON for a source, LFE Bypass is ignored. It is also ignored during Measurements. This was confirmed with ARC V1.2.5.)

For folks doing manual setups, LFE Bypass sends all LFE to the sub regardless of how low the sub crossover is set. This is for folks doing a manual setup with a sub crossover well below 80Hz. (I.e., bass steering from the mains is limited, but you don't want to limit LFE.) So even if you were doing a manual setup you wouldn't gain anything from turning on LFE Bypass with these crossover settings.

For folks who discover their ARC solution has chosen a very low sub crossover, be aware that ARC includes the equivalent of LFE Bypass as well, so you are good to go.
--Bob

Bob,
Thanks for the insight. Per the manual, it didn't specifically say LFE bypass was shut off by ARC, but I guess we've found out that to be true. My setup now does sound pretty good, but you know we audiophiles are always trying to find something to fix.
post #18861 of 42985 Old 02-10-2009, 02:37 PM
Read the FAQ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by my2cents View Post

Bob,
Thanks for the insight. Per the manual, it didn't specifically say LFE bypass was shut off by ARC, but I guess we've found out that to be true. My setup now does sound pretty good, but you know we audiophiles are always trying to find something to fix.

The fact that ARC replaces LFE Bypass has also been confirmed by Nick at Anthem.
--Bob

post #18862 of 42985 Old 02-10-2009, 03:02 PM

. . . because I just brought my shiny new silver AVM50v and Statement A5 home! Setting it all up tonight, more after it's up and running!
post #18863 of 42985 Old 02-10-2009, 03:04 PM
Read the FAQ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnboston View Post

. . . because I just brought my shiny new silver AVM50v and Statement A5 home! Setting it all up tonight, more after it's up and running!

You're cookie awaits just one more task. You must power up your new AVM 50v and report which version of firmware came factory installed in it! The firmware is shown in the front panel display so you don't actually need to wire up anything to see this -- just the power cord.
--Bob

post #18864 of 42985 Old 02-10-2009, 03:18 PM
Advanced Member

Dr.hankz & milt99, tried several times but no solution. Nick didn't seem to whats the word.....
After half hour comm. With tech, i received an email instructing me to return avm50 to factory. Return document on attach file.
So i guess i'm shipping it out first thing tomorrow morning.
I'm thinking of going back to first processor manufactor-lexicon.
Dealers here in nj, have better service
post #18865 of 42985 Old 02-10-2009, 05:17 PM

Quote:

Go into Setup >
-----------------------------------------------

Your charts also show a room with only a small Room Gain hump -- perhaps 1.0 to 1.5dB. Open your saved file of ARC results in Advanced mode and click on Targets to bring up the Targets window which will show you the precise value. I see nothing in your Measured curves that might have fooled ARC here (the closest thing is the dip near 200Hz in the LF speaker), so this may very well represent the true "natural" Room Gain for your room. Many people prefer a bit more Room Gain. I would suggest you try around 2.5dB or even a little higher. See the discussion on Room Gain about a dozen posts further back for more info.

All of your speakers appear to be doing well in bass. You sub is doing exceptionally well. No problems there.

However your speakers could use a little more help in the high frequencies. Try raising the Max EQ Frequency Target in the Targets window -- accept that change and re-Calculate. If you like the curves you see, do an Upload and give it a listen. No need to re-Measure.

With the exception of your LS/RS speakers, all your curves look good enough that you might be able to push that all the way up to 20KHz without the lower frequency results starting to wobble too much. Fiddle around with a few different calculations and see if 20KHz looks fine or if you need to back that off to a lower, compromise setting.

Now your LS/RS speakers have significant dips at 5KHz and 15KHz that are beyond the 6dB of correction ARC will provide (a limit set to keep from stressing the speakers and amps). It doesn't look like a broken tweeter. It might be a grill or other obstruction in front of the tweeter, or it might just be that you have to point those two speakers better. If they are not mounted at seated ear height, pay particular attention to the vertical pointing as it is quite common for speakers to exhibit poorer dispersion of high frequencies in the vertical direction than in the horizontal.

If you push Max EQ Frequency all the way up, ARC will correct about 3/4 of the error you've got up there in LS/RS -- which will leave a fairly small residual error -- not bad. But if you can improve their Measured curves even by 3dB up there ARC may be able to give you complete correction for the rest. Any changes you make to those speakers will require re-Measurement.
--Bob

Hey Bob,

Thanks for the input.
I bumped the Gain up to 2.5 on both Cinema and Music (I assumed I should do both). I also changed the max frequency to 20000 on both as suggested. We'll listen for a few days and let you know what we think.
I'm using Swan Diva Dipoles for my surrounds and they are right at ear height (I actually moved them down 2 feet before I ran ARC). Our room is rather large with a ceiling that vaults to 15'. A few years back we did a substantial sound treatment adding bass traps and sound panels all over the place. This was necessary because the room used to be a huge echo chamber.

I've attached the new charts. Do they look any better?

Thanks!!

Tony
LL
LL

I am so not competitive. In fact, I am the least non-competitive. So I win.
post #18866 of 42985 Old 02-10-2009, 05:37 PM

Quote:

Hi, Drhankz,

Ditch the dell laptop, and try another PC. I have a i8600 with a serial port, and get this and other errors all the time. Nick mentioned problems with this in the past pertaining to only dell laptops with a hard serial port. Go figure.
post #18867 of 42985 Old 02-10-2009, 05:43 PM

Quote:

Dr.hankz & milt99, tried several times but no solution. Nick didn't seem to whats the word.....
After half hour comm. With tech, i received an email instructing me to return avm50 to factory. Return document on attach file.

Try a desktop with a serial port first. I bet you it will work.
post #18868 of 42985 Old 02-10-2009, 06:14 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 66
Quote:

zues, buddy, I know you're bummed but don't lose your grip
The boys at Anthem will fix you up and likely a lot faster than any other manufacturer.
Sure I have a couple minor beefs about the D2 and Anthem's upgrade policy$$ but overall, there's really not a better deal and company going right now and certainly not Lexicon, imo.
Here's my advice, get that AVM50 shipped tomorrow, don't procrastinate.
It'll be back before you know it and working champion.
Take your wife out to a nice dinner this weekend, get her liquored-up and apply the usual zeus-charmus-maximus she'll forget all about the frackkin' firmware and so will you.

It ain't ignorance causes so much trouble; it's folks knowing so much that ain't so

post #18869 of 42985 Old 02-10-2009, 06:30 PM

How long does ARC take to run? On my D2, it seemed way faster. Movie and music calculations take over 30 minutes to execute on my D2V. Granted, I'm running this on a dinosaur laptop because it has the RS232 connection but this is the same laptop I used on my D2.

Also, I reset factory defaults and just set my speaker distances. Anthem tech support said not to bother with the 75db SPL meter. Just let ARC do its thing is what they said. Am I missing something by not doing the SPL thing first? What are the proper sequence of steps before starting ARC if these are not correct?
post #18870 of 42985 Old 02-10-2009, 06:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Milt,
If you're not a therapist, you might think of changing occupations.

Jayray
Read the FAQs
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Receivers Amplifiers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page