post #22411 of 42949 Old 06-21-2009, 06:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by abc999 View Post

Are the Revels angled 30 degrees towards you or are they facing directly at your rear wall? Is the center angled directly to your head? This might be causing the 15k dip or its just the response of the speakers.

The speakers are aimed towards the center seating position. So you are saying this might be causing the dip?

The LCR speakers are supposed to be ±0.5 dB from 33 Hz to 18 kHz in-room.

"Nature Abhors a Vacuum Tube" -  J. R. Pierce
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22412 of 42949 Old 06-21-2009, 07:03 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkohr1467 View Post

Bob,

I just received my Keyspan USB to serial adapter and I have been trying to upgrade to 2.07. Everything goes fine till the update gets to the the video processor and then it fails. (video processor reset failed)

My D2V does indicate 2.07 is installed but I get no video through HDMI. Maybe some settings with the keyspan driver needs changed.

I have the same issue running 64bit Windows 7..

but..

I did get it to work..

I installed the virtual XP for windows7, then ran the anthem software from there, all worked perfect..

I emailed Nick about my findings..
post #22413 of 42949 Old 06-21-2009, 07:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by ehlarson View Post

The speakers are aimed towards the center seating position. So you are saying this might be causing the dip?

The LCR speakers are supposed to be ±0.5 dB from 33 Hz to 18 kHz in-room.

I had my mains toed into the LP quite a bit and found over a coarse of many measurements the pattern that showed the HF dropped heavily over having much less toe in....

This also showed up to a vast amount of how many sample points I used as well... the more sample points (7) spread out farther for me showed quite a drop in HF response as opposed to 5 sample points in a more concentrated area showed less HF drop.... YMMV and my LP is spread out much more then many other peoples with my situation and room setup..

I have found less toe in got me a very nice balance between the 2.... I can't hear over 17K -18K hz anyways.... so its makes no difference to me..
post #22414 of 42949 Old 06-22-2009, 07:02 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warpdrv View Post

I had my mains toed into the LP quite a bit and found over a coarse of many measurements the pattern that showed the HF dropped heavily over having much less toe in....

This also showed up to a vast amount of how many sample points I used as well... the more sample points (7) spread out farther for me showed quite a drop in HF response as opposed to 5 sample points in a more concentrated area showed less HF drop.... YMMV and my LP is spread out much more then many other peoples with my situation and room setup..

I have found less toe in got me a very nice balance between the 2.... I can't hear over 17K -18K hz anyways.... so its makes no difference to me..

I wish it were possible to view plots of the responses at individual positions. That might give added insight in a situation like this.

Has anyone tried looking at the raw file format to see if the data is in there?

post #22415 of 42949 Old 06-22-2009, 11:07 AM

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayray View Post

bdrozda,

Your curves look quite good except for the high frequencies, they drop off a lot. Try changing the max. freq. to 12000 or 15000 or even 20000 and see how the highs change. Check your low freq after you do this to make sure they don't change. If the lows are not greatly affected then upload and give it a listen.
John

Jayray,
This is my first run so please clarify for me "High frequencies roll off quite a lot".
Actuals have some dropoff, but calculated = target except the surrounds (expected, see previous posts - need to take Bob up on his Dipole suggestion). If you are talking about > 5K, I thought we are supposed to ignore those. Or was I confusing it with ignore graph results for targets > 5K and just go by the sound.

Thanks,

Bill
post #22416 of 42949 Old 06-22-2009, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomdac View Post

Hey all,
got my D2 all set up and did some serious tweaking yesterday and today. First all, I downloaded the latest D2 software and applied it to the D2, then I upgraded the ARC software and began playing with ARC.

Ran it a couple of times just to see how it worked and then uploaded the results to the D2 and then turned on the room EQ for my Squeezebox.

I'm not sure what the charts indicate, but my ears noticed a huge difference!! better focus in the soundstage, a more open and airy sound... My Summits never sounded so good!!

Tom

Tom, you might want to toe in the Summits slightly to lift the hi-freqs a bit rather than follow strictly to the 'inner third' that ML advises - not too much, or you lose stage width. Also, experiment with the vertical shift - I assume you also have the jtwrace spikes. I found that the more vertical the panels, the brighter the sound.
Ben
post #22417 of 42949 Old 06-22-2009, 12:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdrozda View Post

Jayray,
This is my first run so please clarify for me "High frequencies roll off quite a lot".
Actuals have some dropoff, but calculated = target except the surrounds (expected, see previous posts - need to take Bob up on his Dipole suggestion). If you are talking about > 5K, I thought we are supposed to ignore those. Or was I confusing it with ignore graph results for targets > 5K and just go by the sound.

Thanks,

Bill

Bill,
I was suggesting you raise the MAX EQUILIZATION FREQ. from 5K to something higher, say 20K and look to see if any changes occur at the lower freq. If the lower freq. change significantly, lower the max. eq. freq. down and keep calculating until the curves look good overall.
It just seems you have set your max. at the lowest Anthem recommends. I thought it might be interesting to see. Changing the max. freq. can make a big diff, so no, don't ingnore it but play around to see if it makes some audible diff. As for Bob's suggestion, I would never contradict it

John

Jayray
Read the FAQs
post #22418 of 42949 Old 06-22-2009, 01:27 PM
Read the FAQ!

Quoted: 139 Post(s)
Liked: 775
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomdac View Post

Hey all,
got my D2 all set up and did some serious tweaking yesterday and today. First all, I downloaded the latest D2 software and applied it to the D2, then I upgraded the ARC software and began playing with ARC.

Ran it a couple of times just to see how it worked and then uploaded the results to the D2 and then turned on the room EQ for my Squeezebox.

I'm not sure what the charts indicate, but my ears noticed a huge difference!! better focus in the soundstage, a more open and airy sound... My Summits never sounded so good!!

Tom

Basically you are in good shape. Your speakers could use some help in the high frequencies so I suggest you try raising Max EQ Frequency target to tell ARC it is OK to apply correction up there. Open up your results file in Advanced mode, bring up the Targets window, change the Max EQ Frequency target value for Movies and Music (the default setting is 5KHz), accept those changes, and re-Calculate. If you like how the new, green Calculated curves look, do an Upload and give it a listen. No need to re-Measure to do this.

Start by pushing it all the way up the the 20KHz top limit and see how the curves look. What you are looking for is new wobbles (residual error) showing up at the lower frequencies due to ARC diverting resources up to the higher frequencies. If you don't seen anything worth worrying about, then stick with 20KHz. Otherwise try again -- backing off Max EQ Frequency Target looking for a nice compromise value that gives you good correction in the high frequencies without introducing too much new error in the low frequencies. Since you don't have to re-Measure, you can run through a whole bunch of trial values in no time at all.

By the way, your curves are another good example of ARC dealing well with "full range" LF/RF speakers and no subwoofer. You are only down a couple dB at 20Hz from the basic volume level of your solution, so I think your subsonic bass should sound quite wonderful. Enjoy!
--Bob

Anthem D2/D2v/AVM50/AVM50v/ARC1 tweaking guide. -- Need personal consultation/training? PM me!
post #22419 of 42949 Old 06-22-2009, 01:33 PM
Read the FAQ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninja12 View Post

I have a D2 v1.33 with ARC v2.2. I decided to do a measurement last night because the house was very quiet, and I have never done a measurement with ARC v2.2 even though I knew there really was hardly any difference between ARC v2.1 and ARC v2.2. So, after the measurement and as always, my room gain was 0.000000. According to Nick, since my room has some bass traps, I will probably never get any room gain. So, as usual, I put in my own room gain. At first, I put in 3.5 which was a little too much. So, I backed it down to 3.0 which seem to look pretty good. However, I went a step further and backed it down to 2.5. When I did that, I noticed some wobbles in my FR speakers in the lower frequencies. So, I put it back to 3.0, and the wobbles went away. I am pretty puzzled why I would be getting wobbles with a lower room gain. Could someone please take a shot at answering that for me because I can't figure it out.

BTW: HAPPY FATHER'S DAY to all fathers and soon to be fathers. Mine has been FANTASTIC!!!!

ARC builds a mathematical model of what it is trying to achieve. I suspect that by lowering Room Gain, you just went through a transition point where ARC tried a different approach to the solution. Lowering it still further might get you a clean result again.

Since your room has no natural Room Gain, I think pushing it up as high as 3.5 might sound a little odd. I'd be inclined to go for something in the 2 to 2.5dB range. Anyway, it is easy to do a few more trial calculations. If you get a clean looking result at 2dB, I suggest you Upload that one and give it a listen.
--Bob

Anthem D2/D2v/AVM50/AVM50v/ARC1 tweaking guide. -- Need personal consultation/training? PM me!
post #22420 of 42949 Old 06-22-2009, 01:41 PM
Read the FAQ!

Quote:

Bob,

I ran Arc using the center position (door #1). However, I had to jury rig the mic because like another post, my Arc kit did not contain the correct mic clip.
I hope that didn't distort the measurements.
I thought the cutoffs were surprisingly low for center (B&W HTM), surrounds (B&W 601 S3's) & sub (Velodyne DD12 - preset 6 all xovers off).
Curious on your thoughts of the curves. Calculations appear ok, except the surrounds (haven't done the dipole setting yet).
See attached charts:

Cuttoffs:
LF 60
C 60
RF 60
LS 60
RS 60
Sub 80

Crossovers:
LF 60
C 60
RF 60
LS 60
RS 60
Sub 60

Bill

The crossovers and cutoffs are fine. Nothing to worry about there. In particular don't worry about losing the higher LFE frequencies due to the low sub crossover setting as ARC handles those specially.

As Jayray has suggested, you too should experiment with a higher value for the Max EQ Frequency target. See the explanation in my post just above.

Judging the curves by eyeball, I think you will likely be able to push that all the way up to 20KHz and still get good results.

High frequencies are directional so you are losing some highs in the surrounds due to placement -- having to bounce that stuff off the walls. Changing to the dipole setting won't change what ARC Measures or how the resulting Calculated curves look, but I think ARC ought to able to get you to within about 3dB of the target curve up there, and that's outstanding given your placement constraints for those speakers.

-------------------------------------------

By the way, what did you mean about "the wrong mic clip"? I don't recall any other post reporting a problem with the mic clip.

The usual problem with the mic clip is that you are trying to push the mic into the wrong end of the clip. The clip has a bit of a taper to it and so you need to flip it so the other end is up and push the mic in that big end.
--Bob

post #22421 of 42949 Old 06-22-2009, 01:51 PM
Read the FAQ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_Phogg View Post

Lead time update. I ordered a D2v May 5th (actually ordered a AVM50v May 2nd but changed my mind and modified the order May 5th) and received an email from my dealer Thur. saying he had talked with Anthem. They indicated my unit was in the queue and 2 weeks from being built. Adding a week for shipping would put it here in just over 9 weeks. So, if this info is correct it looks like the lead times are holding steady in the 8-10 week range.

On a technical note, do all the ARC settings get saved when one does a save user/installer setting? I know the settings that ARC changes in the various settings menus will be saved but what about all the hidden ARC info?

Thanks

ARC actually Uploads two different sorts of things. It Uploads settings changes to the Setup menu, and it uploads Room Correction parameters into a special memory that you can not see.

Saving User and/or Installer Settings will capture the Setup menu changes, but NOT the Room Correction parameters. However this is not really a problem as there's basically no way to alter those Room Correction parameters except to do a new ARC Upload. I.e., even if you do a Reload Factory Defaults, or even a new firmware install, the Room Correction parameters remain in place.

So the one gotcha here is mistakenly thinking you can Upload two different ARC solutions and save one in User Settings and the other in Installer Settings so as to do a bit of quick A/B comparison. Nope, that won't work. You'll get the *SETUP MENU* changes for the two solutions stashed in the separate settings memories, but there's always just one, and only one, data set of Room Correction parameters in the Anthem -- reflecting whatever came in as part of the last Upload you did. So if you Reload the settings for the first solution the Setup menu will indeed change but the Room Correction parameters will remain at whatever the second solution Uploaded -- and so you won't hear anything useful for A/B comparison.

To do A/B comparison you really do need to keep doing Uploads for each solution.
--Bob

post #22422 of 42949 Old 06-22-2009, 02:08 PM
Read the FAQ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehlarson View Post

Please find attached my first attempt with ARC. Suggestions much appreciated.

Speakers are Revel Performas across the fronts, sub is a SVS BP12/Plus-2, and surrounds are M&K SS-150's.

I'm rather puzzled as to what could be causing the dip at 15KHz.

It looks like you've got a pretty significant room cancellation dip around 70Hz. Among other things that is causing ARC to treat LF/RF as less than "full range" despite their significant extension into the bass. Some bass traps on the walls/corners might be called for so you can utilize a bit more of the range your fronts are capable of. It also appears to have knocked down the higher frequencies in you sub. ARC has corrected for all of this, but if you deal with the underlying room issue, ARC can likely come up with an even cleaner solution for you.

NOTE: Alternative explanations here would be that you forgot to turn off the crossover built into your sub (or crank it up to the highest frequency setting to get it out of the way as much as possible), or that your front speakers are "combo" speakers with attached, satellite subwoofers and the crossover between the main portion of the speaker and its attached sub is not set correctly.

The high frequency problem at 15KHz is pretty typical of a speaker pointing issue. High frequencies are directional and many speakers have surprising dispersal patterns -- often worse in the vertical direction.

So before you do your next Measurement pass, revisit your speaker pointing. If the speakers are not mounted at seated ear height, pay particular attention to their vertical pointing. The LF/RF speakers should be "toed-in" a bit, but not swung around all the way to point to the center seating position. A rule of thumb I've found useful is to swing them only 1/3 of the way from perpendicular towards the center seating position.

Also recheck your mic placement. You don't want the mic close to a reflective surface like a seat back. Lift the mic tip a few inches to clear the seat back or move the mic a foot closer to the screen to get it away from a seat back.

Loss of treble can also be due to speaker grill cloth and grill mounting hardware. If you have any sort of custom grill cover, check that the mounting hardware is not in front of the tweeter.

Now you are down 10dB at 15KHz, so if you raise ARC's Max EQ Frequency target value up into the 15-20KHz range ARC will be able to apply almost 6dB of correction against that. The combo of a little better speaker pointing and telling ARC it is OK to apply correction up there may do the trick for you. Check the post a few posts up about how to experiment with Max EQ Frequency target. Since ARC is doing a significant amount of bass correction in your room, you may not be able to push it up to 20KHz without losing quality in the lower frequency portions of the solution. So play around with different values looking for a nice compromise.

If you add bass traps and clean up some of the bass issues that way, ARC will have less to do down there and so you may able to push it up higher at the high frequency end.
--Bob

post #22423 of 42949 Old 06-22-2009, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Pariseau View Post

The crossovers and cutoffs are fine. Nothing to worry about there. In particular don't worry about losing the higher LFE frequencies due to the low sub crossover setting as ARC handles those specially.

As Jayray has suggested, you too should experiment with a higher value for the Max EQ Frequency target. See the explanation in my post just above.

Judging the curves by eyeball, I think you will likely be able to push that all the way up to 20KHz and still get good results.

High frequencies are directional so you are losing some highs in the surrounds due to placement -- having to bounce that stuff off the walls. Changing to the dipole setting won't change what ARC Measures or how the resulting Calculated curves look, but I think ARC ought to able to get you to within about 3dB of the target curve up there, and that's outstanding given your placement constraints for those speakers.

-------------------------------------------

By the way, what did you mean about "the wrong mic clip"? I don't recall any other post reporting a problem with the mic clip.

The usual problem with the mic clip is that you are trying to push the mic into the wrong end of the clip. The clip has a bit of a taper to it and so you need to flip it so the other end is up and push the mic in that big end.
--Bob

Thanks Bob.

The mic clip I got was V shaped and only fits on the bottom post (snap on , no screw threads). It looks like it was intended to only hold the usb cable taught to the pole and the mic falls out no matter which end you slip it through. I was expecting something that the mic fits snuggly in, screws into the top pole and can be angled straight up (like the Velodyne DD series clip). I tried to use the Velodyne clip, but the threads were too small. My problem may be attributed to buying the National Sales manager's demo unit from my dealer and he may not have repacked all of the parts. Called Nick and he is mailing me one today.

Previous post about wrong mic clip:
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsnodgrass 5/18/08
I finally got my ARC-1 today and the diameter of the microphone is actually too small for the clip on the stand! It just falls out, I can rest it pointing horizontally but that seems broken to me. I thought this was to face directly up!? Am I just missing something entirely!?

The mic clip on the stand is slightly wider at one end -- the difference is subtle. Point the wide end of the clip straight up. Slide the mic into the clip so that the body of the mic is centered within the clip. It should be a firm friction fit.

If you mic still falls out then somebody screwed up and included the wrong mic clip with your stand. Contact Anthem tech support.
--Bob
post #22424 of 42949 Old 06-22-2009, 04:33 PM

Quote:

ARC actually Uploads two different sorts of things...........

Thanks Bob. As usual, a complete, highly detailed response. I really think Anthem should being giving you some perks or put you on the payroll as I'm sure you take a huge load off their CS dept as well as being an outstanding ambassador for Anthem products.
post #22425 of 42949 Old 06-22-2009, 05:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

It looks like you've got a pretty significant room cancellation dip around 70Hz. Among other things that is causing ARC to treat LF/RF as less than "full range" despite their significant extension into the bass. Some bass traps on the walls/corners might be called for so you can utilize a bit more of the range your fronts are capable of. It also appears to have knocked down the higher frequencies in you sub. ARC has corrected for all of this, but if you deal with the underlying room issue, ARC can likely come up with an even cleaner solution for you.

Thanks Bob again for your excellent suggestions. ARC is living up to what I was hoping for in not only providing room correction but also insight into what I might do to improve my room.

post #22426 of 42949 Old 06-22-2009, 08:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 15
Quote:

I finally got my ARC-1 today and the diameter of the microphone is actually too small for the clip on the stand! It just falls out, I can rest it pointing horizontally but that seems broken to me. I thought this was to face directly up!? Am I just missing something entirely!?

The mic clip on the stand is slightly wider at one end -- the difference is subtle. Point the wide end of the clip straight up. Slide the mic into the clip so that the body of the mic is centered within the clip. It should be a firm friction fit.

Try wrapping it a bunch of times with some electrical tape until you get the new clip.... to make it fatter for the time being, electrical tape will not be a permanant mess.... worth a try I think if you can get it to work...
post #22427 of 42949 Old 06-23-2009, 02:24 AM

Hi Bob,
Am trying to define an apparent problem between HDMI 1/2 and HDMI 3/4 inputs in with my D2.

I connected a HD player using HDMI 3 or 4, but keep having dropouts every so often lasting a couple of seconds for both sound and images. Switch the same cable to either HDMI 1 or 2, and everything is fine. Both situations using the same Source Setup. HD player set to output 1080p for D2 to downscale to 720p output.

No problem encountered when using a SD player set to output 480i.

Am I missing something obvious?
Ben
post #22428 of 42949 Old 06-23-2009, 08:42 AM

Quote:

Basically you are in good shape. Your speakers could use some help in the high frequencies so I suggest you try raising Max EQ Frequency target to tell ARC it is OK to apply correction up there. Open up your results file in Advanced mode, bring up the Targets window, change the Max EQ Frequency target value for Movies and Music (the default setting is 5KHz), accept those changes, and re-Calculate. If you like how the new, green Calculated curves look, do an Upload and give it a listen. No need to re-Measure to do this.

Start by pushing it all the way up the the 20KHz top limit and see how the curves look. What you are looking for is new wobbles (residual error) showing up at the lower frequencies due to ARC diverting resources up to the higher frequencies. If you don't seen anything worth worrying about, then stick with 20KHz. Otherwise try again -- backing off Max EQ Frequency Target looking for a nice compromise value that gives you good correction in the high frequencies without introducing too much new error in the low frequencies. Since you don't have to re-Measure, you can run through a whole bunch of trial values in no time at all.

By the way, your curves are another good example of ARC dealing well with "full range" LF/RF speakers and no subwoofer. You are only down a couple dB at 20Hz from the basic volume level of your solution, so I think your subsonic bass should sound quite wonderful. Enjoy!
--Bob

Hi Bob,
thanks for that input. My fronts are MartinLogan Summits, which have a 25Hz and 50 Hz adjustment knobs on the back. Prior to doing the ARC testing, I set these both to 0. The system seems a little bass shy now, so I am going to experiment a little with these controls to see how the ARC will compensate if I crank both of them up, which will essentially send more information to the woofer portion of each speaker. Will post my results.

Tom.

Tom
Hayward, CA
MartinLogan Club
post #22429 of 42949 Old 06-23-2009, 11:13 AM
Read the FAQ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by benleeys View Post

Hi Bob,
Am trying to define an apparent problem between HDMI 1/2 and HDMI 3/4 inputs in with my D2.

I connected a HD player using HDMI 3 or 4, but keep having dropouts every so often lasting a couple of seconds for both sound and images. Switch the same cable to either HDMI 1 or 2, and everything is fine. Both situations using the same Source Setup. HD player set to output 1080p for D2 to downscale to 720p output.

No problem encountered when using a SD player set to output 480i.

Am I missing something obvious?
Ben

The two pairs of HDMI inputs operate through different HDMI chips I believe, so you may, just possibly, have a hardware problem. I suggest you give Anthem tech support a call. They may ask you to go through some steps such as re-installing the firmware or doing a Reload Factory Defaults followed by the bare minimum of settings changes to access those two HDMI inputs to eliminate the chance that you have a corrupted firmware install or a corrupted set of video board settings.
--Bob

post #22430 of 42949 Old 06-23-2009, 11:15 AM
Read the FAQ!

Quote:

Thanks Bob.

The mic clip I got was V shaped and only fits on the bottom post (snap on , no screw threads). It looks like it was intended to only hold the usb cable taught to the pole and the mic falls out no matter which end you slip it through. I was expecting something that the mic fits snuggly in, screws into the top pole and can be angled straight up (like the Velodyne DD series clip). I tried to use the Velodyne clip, but the threads were too small. My problem may be attributed to buying the National Sales manager's demo unit from my dealer and he may not have repacked all of the parts. Called Nick and he is mailing me one today.

Yeah, it sounds like that's just what happened. The correct mic clip screws on to the upper end of the pole (or a separate boom arm that you might get).
--Bob

post #22431 of 42949 Old 06-23-2009, 12:48 PM

Quote:

The two pairs of HDMI inputs operate through different HDMI chips I believe, so you may, just possibly, have a hardware problem. I suggest you give Anthem tech support a call. They may ask you to go through some steps such as re-installing the firmware or doing a Reload Factory Defaults followed by the bare minimum of settings changes to access those two HDMI inputs to eliminate the chance that you have a corrupted firmware install or a corrupted set of video board settings.
--Bob

Thanks, Bob. I knew you would not fail me, but this is exactly what I secretly feared - a possible hardware/firmware problem. I shall email Nick.
Ben
post #22432 of 42949 Old 06-23-2009, 08:16 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I have measurements from ARC 2.03.

With this new version, should I remeasure, or is it still fine to import into this new version? If so (have to re-measure), Why??

Thanks..
post #22433 of 42949 Old 06-23-2009, 09:53 PM
Read the FAQ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by muad'dib View Post

I have measurements from ARC 2.03.

With this new version, should I remeasure, or is it still fine to import into this new version? If so (have to re-measure), Why??

Thanks..

Based on the changes that have been reported there's no need to re-Measure. Just re-Calculate and Upload.

Personally, I'd re-Measure "just in case".
--Bob

post #22434 of 42949 Old 06-24-2009, 10:55 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 61
Hello Bob,
I did a new set of measurements and gained a little more in the HF area. I just changed the Max Eq. Freq. from 5000 to 20000 and the Room gain from 3.945749 to 5.000. I could not help my sorrounds too much because they are on the wall close to the cieling. I also could not help the sub dip between 50 & 80 Hz but since my fronts have woofer and are capable of producing base down to 40 hz I think I should be fine there. Would you kindly review and let me know if I am still missing a lot from low to high freq.
I countered a new problem last night while watching a DVD. The d2v is set up for 1080p/24p which is good for BD. But watching a DVD was giving me zigzag movements. When I converted the signal to 24p in the player then it was all good again. I have setup the d2v to Y4:4:4 and still have the old version 2.04 that came with the unit. Is there some adjustments I can make to watch regular DVD with 1080p/24p from d2v? thanks a lot.

A.doc 131k . file

B.doc 132k . file

C.doc 146.5k . file
Attached Files
File Type: doc C.doc (146.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: doc B.doc (132.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: doc A.doc (131.0 KB, 0 views)
post #22435 of 42949 Old 06-24-2009, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by usxplong View Post

Hello Bob,
I did a new set of measurements and gained a little more in the HF area. I just changed the Max Eq. Freq. from 5000 to 20000 and the Room gain from 3.945749 to 5.000. I could not help my sorrounds too much because they are on the wall close to the cieling. I also could not help the sub dip between 50 & 80 Hz but since my fronts have woofer and are capable of producing base down to 40 hz I think I should be fine there. Would you kindly review and let me know if I am still missing a lot from low to high freq.
I countered a new problem last night while watching a DVD. The d2v is set up for 1080p/24p which is good for BD. But watching a DVD was giving me zigzag movements. When I converted the signal to 24p in the player then it was all good again. I have setup the d2v to Y4:4:4 and still have the old version 2.04 that came with the unit. Is there some adjustments I can make to watch regular DVD with 1080p/24p from d2v? thanks a lot.

Not Bob,

I think you should be happy with a room gain of 3.9, in my case I only have 1.5. With 5.0 gain your front speaker cannot achieve the optimum response because the room gain is set too high for ARC to compensate. Your HF are much better though.

You have a nasty dip at 63 hertz with your sub. Try moving the sub a few inches to see if it smoothen the response (within +/-6dB).

I believe regular DVD's are authored at 60fps and playing them with the D2v at any other rate will introduce motion judder therefore use 60fps (via shortcut) whenever you play DVD's
post #22436 of 42949 Old 06-24-2009, 05:03 PM

Anybody having popping issues with their AVM50v PS3 combo? Firmware are 2.07 and 2.76 respectively. When there is a change in audio format at the beginning of the disc as when as when I eject the disc, several moderately loud pops are heard. I believe I did not experience this with my previous D2.
Downgraded to the AVM50v so that I can buy the LTX500 and with proper Greyscale, gamma and CMS calibration. PQ is at the top of the heap.
post #22437 of 42949 Old 06-25-2009, 02:43 AM

Quote:

--Bob

Bob,

Further to my earlier acknowledgement of your response, I got in touch with Nick/Piero. They were most helpful and after further suggested tests, concluded my video card needs to be replaced and are arranging it thru my local (Singapore) distributor. All within 48 hours.

I'd like to add here to the chorus of praise for Anthem's responsiveness to problems and surpport for its products. Can't ask for any better.

Thanks for your help.
Ben
post #22438 of 42949 Old 06-25-2009, 06:03 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by abc999 View Post

Anybody having popping issues with their AVM50v PS3 combo? Firmware are 2.07 and 2.76 respectively. When there is a change in audio format at the beginning of the disc as when as when I eject the disc, several moderately loud pops are heard. I believe I did not experience this with my previous D2.
Downgraded to the AVM50v so that I can buy the LTX500 and with proper Greyscale, gamma and CMS calibration. PQ is at the top of the heap.

The PS3 is notorious for causing these pops across several different brands, not just the Anthem.

It has been an issue for a good while now and can be very annoying. I haven't heard of any reports of damage, however.

John

Loganed...finally. 6/6/08
My 3.0 HT Build Thread
post #22439 of 42949 Old 06-25-2009, 06:38 AM

I've been getting no sound at all sometimes when viewing my DirecTV source via HDMI (HR22). If I re-boot the D2V or switch the sources back and forth a bit, the sound will then start working. I haven't noticed any pops yet... Has anybody else had issues like that?

I'm currently running v2.06 firmware.

Thanks,

Mark
post #22440 of 42949 Old 06-25-2009, 07:28 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by benleeys View Post

Bob,

Further to my earlier acknowledgement of your response, I got in touch with Nick/Piero. They were most helpful and after further suggested tests, concluded my video card needs to be replaced and are arranging it thru my local (Singapore) distributor. All within 48 hours.

I'd like to add here to the chorus of praise for Anthem's responsiveness to problems and surpport for its products. Can't ask for any better.

Thanks for your help.
Ben

I won't disagree with Johnsteph10 - but I have the D2 - PS3 Combo
and I have never heard a POP from my Combo.
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Receivers Amplifiers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page