post #22771 of 42999 Old 07-16-2009, 07:23 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by muad'dib View Post

Hello.

Does anyone have a txt/pdf file with all the Anthem d2v Rs232 commands.

I want to program my Nevo remote, and figure that there are more commands on the Rs232 than IR..

Mainly, I am wondering if there are Rs232 commands for switching what video output config you want to use.

Anyway, hope someone has some info..

Thanks in advance..

You can also download my Nevo Q50 file off Remote Central, it uses RS232 codes, it's for a D1 but will get you started.

--
Korey
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22772 of 42999 Old 07-16-2009, 08:24 AM
Read the FAQ!

Quoted: 185 Post(s)
Liked: 818
Quote:
Originally Posted by zuesmaximus View Post

my player is a Samsung BD-P3600, the handshakes are thru out the movie; sort of handshakes are the imagine turns pink, no imagine, no audio, and horizontal lines of color. I understand the handshakes during startup but not in the middle of the film. I could only correct it by pausing film and powering off the D2V, cycling thru inputs didn't help....
--Manny

There are no new handshakes that happen during the movie, however the HDCP copy protection stuff gets rechecked periodically (to make sure you aren't trying to sneak in an attempt to copy the movie), and if this fails then a new handshake happens.

I'm not a big fan of the Samsung players, so my first inclination is to blame the player, but really it is more likely you have an HDMI cabling problem -- either from player to D2v or from D2v to display. The HDMI stuff goes end to end so the problem could be with either cable.

Try this: Temporarily set the player to output HDMI 480p to the D2v and set the D2v to output 480p to your display. 480p (not 480i) is the "simplest" resolution for HDMI cabling to handle. Now play an SD-DVD. If you don't get handshake failures this way but do get them when using 1080p from the player and 1080p to your display then that indicates a cable problem.

If the cable to your TV is more than say 10 feet long, that would increase the chances this is the problem cable. Also make sure the HDMI plugs are fully inserted straight into their sockets (check both ends of each cable). The HDMI plug is only a friction fit and even the weight of the cable is enough to shift it the tiny amount necessary to screw up the connection.
--Bob

Anthem D2/D2v/AVM50/AVM50v/ARC1 tweaking guide. -- Need personal consultation/training? PM me!
post #22773 of 42999 Old 07-16-2009, 10:33 AM
Read the FAQ!

I'm surprised we've had no reports yet from folks who've installed "test" V1.47c firmware in their D2 or AVM 50. Have all the eager beavers moved to D2v and AVM 50v hardware already?
--Bob

Anthem D2/D2v/AVM50/AVM50v/ARC1 tweaking guide. -- Need personal consultation/training? PM me!
post #22774 of 42999 Old 07-16-2009, 11:11 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Pariseau View Post

I'm surprised we've had no reports yet from folks who've installed "test" V1.47c firmware in their D2 or AVM 50. Have all the eager beavers moved to D2v and AVM 50v hardware already?
--Bob

All the Eager Beavers are in HAPPY ANTHEM HEAVEN.

From my prospective 1.33 is HEAVEN

But I will give it a shot next week - after this BUSY week.
post #22775 of 42999 Old 07-16-2009, 11:29 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 61
Hello Bob,
I have problem with ARC. It does not generat the test tone. the error code is 0x03.
I reported this to Anthem a few weeks ago and they told me it is because my video card is bad and the firmware did not finish. I replaced my video card yesterday, reinstalled the firmware 2.07 successfully but still get the same error from ARC. When I run the manual test tone from the Speaker Calibration menu, it works fine. I get signal for every speaker. Any idea to fix this issue? I appreciate it.
post #22776 of 42999 Old 07-16-2009, 11:35 AM
Read the FAQ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by usxplong View Post

Hello Bob,
I have problem with ARC. It does not generat the test tone. the error code is 0x03.
I reported this to Anthem a few weeks ago and they told me it is because my video card is bad and the firmware did not finish. I replaced my video card yesterday, reinstalled the firmware 2.07 successfully but still get the same error from ARC. When I run the manual test tone from the Speaker Calibration menu, it works fine. I get signal for every speaker. Any idea to fix this issue? I appreciate it.

Sorry no. You'd best call Anthem again.
--Bob

post #22777 of 42999 Old 07-16-2009, 12:30 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 61
Quote:

Sorry no. You'd best call Anthem again.
--Bob

Thanks for reply.
I talked to Anthem and they told me to raise the main volume in the Level calibration menu to +6.0 and that should work. I hope it does. I will try it later when I get home.
post #22778 of 42999 Old 07-16-2009, 12:57 PM
sfm

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:

--Bob

I have both (AVM50 and D2 with 1.33). Tried 1.47c on the AVM50 (source devices: Tivo S3, Pioneer BDP-51, Motorola 6412, PS3, Oppo 970 and JVC 5u. output device: Pioneer 111fd)... a summary after a short trial:

The good:

- switching between 480i and 1080i/720p resolutions (i.e. changing channels on the Tivo S3 in native mode, or the Motorola 6412 in 1080i/480i mode) seems to be working better now... with 1.33 I would get frequent handshake issues (no audio and/or video or messed up video or an observed infinite loop of trying to handshake, etc.) that required switching to another input on the AVM50/D2 and then back to fix. I was not able to get it to fail with this firmware.

- With 1.33 neither my AVM50 or D2 would work with some 480i 4:2:2 signals (Pioneer 51 in native playing a dvd or Oppo BD83 with 4:2:2 selected playing a dvd)... result was a strange blue tint (best I can describe it) to the picture. With 1.47c this is appears to be no longer an issue.

The bad:

- frequent snaps, crackles and pops (and booms with the subwoofer) when switching resolutions, chapter changing with dvd's, etc. Almost never observed with 1.33.

- JVC5U D-VHS deck still won't work at 1080i when connected via HDMI. 480i works but when you play a 1080i tape, I get a few seconds of proper video/audio followed by a few seconds of a black screen, followed by a few seconds of a message from the JVC complaining about not being connected to an HDCP compliant device... rinse and repeat. Observed similar behavior with 1.33. This deck works fine when directly connected to the two displays (JVC RS-20 and Pioneer 111fd) via HDMI. Works fine on component/optical with both 1.33 and 1.47c.

Those were the major differences (or lack of fixes) observed versus 1.33. I think I will rollback to 1.33 as the snap, crackle and pop problem is really bothersome.
post #22779 of 42999 Old 07-16-2009, 01:34 PM

Hey all. AVS Forum newb checking in (sorry, didn't see a New Members forum).

I'm in the death throes of culling together outstanding gear for the home theatre room of our new house. My old system is being relegated/demoted to our great room. Just wanted to pass along my sincere thanks to all the contributors of this thread, as their insights and input have proven invaluable to me. I've been a member of other forums; the technical expertise brought to the table by the contributors of this thread is top shelf.

I attempted to read this entire thread in one sitting but passed out due to exhaustion after page 36.

I have just placed an order for the D2v to complement my other gear and look forward to set-up and trials. Fortunately, the HT room has its own budget...details of which remain unknown to my wife. She got her kitchen; I got the HT room.

I wish I could promise to contribute meaningfully to this thread, but I'll be sitting on the newb bench and watching for the foreseeable future.

Thanks to all!
post #22780 of 42999 Old 07-16-2009, 01:37 PM

Well, I decided to try 1.47c this morning. Got a successful install, but not very much success. The Anthem would sync with my Toshiba XA2 and Panny Blu Ray BD 55, but it was slow in doing so. I noticed that I never got the Anthem logo everytime I started it up. The worst part was that it would not sync at all with my Oppo 970 and my cable box. All sources are connected via HDMI.

I re installed 1.33 and all is back to normal.
post #22781 of 42999 Old 07-16-2009, 01:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajeruns View Post

Well, I decided to try 1.47c this morning. Got a successful install, but not very much success. The Anthem would sync with my Toshiba XA2 and Panny Blu Ray BD 55, but it was slow in doing so. I noticed that I never got the Anthem logo everytime I started it up. The worst part was that it would not sync at all with my Oppo 970 and my cable box. All sources are connected via HDMI.

Thanks for that update it makes me shiver in my britches
post #22782 of 42999 Old 07-16-2009, 01:54 PM
Read the FAQ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by highanddry View Post

Hey all. AVS Forum newb checking in (sorry, didn't see a New Members forum).

I'm in the death throes of culling together outstanding gear for the home theatre room of our new house. My old system is being relegated/demoted to our great room. Just wanted to pass along my sincere thanks to all the contributors of this thread, as their insights and input have proven invaluable to me. I've been a member of other forums; the technical expertise brought to the table by the contributors of this thread is top shelf.

I attempted to read this entire thread in one sitting but passed out due to exhaustion after page 36.

I have just placed an order for the D2v to complement my other gear and look forward to set-up and trials. Fortunately, the HT room has its own budget...details of which remain unknown to my wife. She got her kitchen; I got the HT room.

I wish I could promise to contribute meaningfully to this thread, but I'll be sitting on the newb bench and watching for the foreseeable future.

Thanks to all!

Welcome to AVS and to the Cool Kids Thread!

There's no value in reading the entire thread. Read the first post and use the collection of post links in there to find tutorial information scattered in the thread -- what I like to call, "The Good Parts Version". Then catch up on what's new by scanning backwards from the end of the thread.
--Bob

post #22783 of 42999 Old 07-16-2009, 04:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 75
Hi All:

I am new to this forum and have been a lurker in this forum for the past 2-3 weeks looking for advice from folks upgrading to the AVM50v by selling my trust AVM30(I got my new AVM50v a few days ago). I began on the 1/1/2009post and eventually quit(brain simaply got tired and exploded! slowly recoverying...) at the end of the March posts. Wow, lots of good info from very knowlegeable people. Mr. Bob Pariseau is indeed in a class of his own. His depth of knowledge on all things Anthem is simply amazing and intimidating...plus he posesses the patience of Job to boot! How many times has he patiently told poster after poster after poster using ARC to increase their Max EQ frequency to 20KHz and not to simply trust the default 5Khz value (sigh!). Thanks Bob for all the sweat equity you put in this thread. You really are a mentor to newbies like us. Please, please, please, do not die. We need you to help us get comfortable with these massive signal processors we've bought and then some!

My stereo() based system is a simple one.

1. Carver M1.0T power amp(stereo).
2. Carver Amazing Ribbon Loudspeakers.
3. Anthem AVM50v processor.
4. Denon 3910 DVD player.
5. Sony 51 inch Rear projection TV with DVI and Component inputs for hidef sources. It accepts a maximum input and output resolution 1080i, 60Hz.
6. APC H15 power supply conditioner.

The Cable box and DVD connect to the AVM50v via HDMI inputs 1 and 2 respectively. The HDMI output is connected to the Sony via an HDMI-to-DVI converter at the DVI input of the TV.

The DVD and Cable box connect to the AVM50v via HDMI cables from Monoprice. This is my first HDMI based system and thanks to AVS for their recommendation of Monoprice. Cables seem to be dirt cheap, nice looking and very reliable. The HDMI-DVI converter was from Monoprice as well.

OK...I need your help in optimizing my setup.

Cable Settings

1. The TV output type option is set at 16x9 (Other choices are 4:3 letter box and 4:3 Pan Scan)

2. Output color type is set to Y Pb Pr at the output with a resolution setting of 1080i for HD sources.

3. 4:3 override is set (same as passthrough I think) for SDTV sources. This allows one to pass 480i/i sources in their original format.

Are the above settings correct? SDTV sources look stretched on the Sony to fill the 16x9 screen. How can I improve on this, if possible?

DVD Settings

1. The output resolution is set at 480p(minimum allowable by HDMI).Choices are 720p and 1080i.

2. Color space is set at HDMI Y Pb Pr. Other choices are HDMI RGB or DVI(which I'm no longer using).

I was watching the Matrix and noticed that "Neo" (played by Keanu Reeves) looked and appeared to me to be rather tallish and skinny in his overcoat. What should the correct settings me on my DVD and in the AVM50v to correctly display this picture?

I need to take advantage of all the complex video scaling and processing features of the AVM50v since I paid a high price for it and intend to keep it around for the 10 years

Thanks everyone and God Bless!
David

PS
I ordered the mic boom stand that Bob P had recommeded a few months ago deom BHP(?). It should arrive next week but frankly, I'm scared to use this ARC thing. Too many new toys injected into my system in such a short time.

How to phase match subwoofers to the mains speakers: http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...0#post19542630
post #22784 of 42999 Old 07-16-2009, 04:06 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:

I tried 1.47c yesterday, 4 times. All different results. Over HDMI NO video at all, audio 1 source, one time. Finally i gave up, went to install 133, it disallows me..
NO GO, I'm forced right now to install 1.47c and use the component of the DVR,only and,
SACD of the OPPO83, NO HDMI!!!! NO VIDEO on HDMI at all, and I can't get back to 1.33..
WTF

Every day above ground is a good day.
post #22785 of 42999 Old 07-16-2009, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donloz View Post

I tried 1.47c yesterday, 4 times. All different results. Over HDMI NO video at all, audio 1 source, one time. Finally i gave up, went to install 133, it disallows me..
NO GO, I'm forced right now to install 1.47c and use the component of the DVR,only and,
SACD of the OPPO83, NO HDMI!!!! NO VIDEO on HDMI at all, and I can't get back to 1.33..
WTF

Donloz,

Sorry to hear you had a similar experience. If you have an AVM 50 and think it would help, PM me with your e mail and I can send you the zip file of 1.33.
post #22786 of 42999 Old 07-16-2009, 04:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Donloz,

Sorry to hear you had a similar experience. If you have an AVM 50 and think it would help, PM me with your e mail and I can send you the zip file of 1.33.

H says he HAS 1.33 - it won't install or ROLL BACK
post #22787 of 42999 Old 07-16-2009, 04:38 PM

Quote:

I watched this movie last night. I have the Panny BD 55. No issues here.

Same here, smooth play with AVM50v and PS3
post #22788 of 42999 Old 07-16-2009, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drhankz View Post

H says he HAS 1.33 - it won't install or ROLL BACK

Ouch, that really s*cks!
post #22789 of 42999 Old 07-16-2009, 04:42 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:

Donloz,

Sorry to hear you had a similar experience. If you'd like, PM me with your e mail and I can send you the zip file of 1.33.

Thanx very much partner, i have 1.33 , it's also on the public page. I'm p////// because 1.33 won't go back. I'm playing with the OPPO83, and only AUDIO right now. Both SACD and a DTS ( eagles ) only AUDIO. I know the other devices, HDMI are NOT working properly. NEED 1.48 NOW!!!!

Every day above ground is a good day.
post #22790 of 42999 Old 07-16-2009, 05:05 PM

Sent an e mail to tech support regarding my findings. Hopefully they'll have a fix soon.
post #22791 of 42999 Old 07-16-2009, 06:51 PM
Read the FAQ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donloz View Post

WTF

First of all, don't panic. We know that roll back to V1.33 is possible because another user who tried "test" V1.47c already did it.

Now, do you get any messages from the installer when you are installing V1.47c? And how is the attempt to re-install V1.33 failing -- i.e., what sort of messages are you getting?

Go back to the basics. They apply just the same when re-installing an older version as when installing a new version.

You must not have any powered HDMI connections during the install. I recommend you simply remove wall power from everything else in your system except for the Anthem and your computer.

And you must do a Reload Factory Defaults prior to the install. This applies just the same when you are trying to go back to V1.33.

Next, it's a wonder anything ever works in Windows. So do what you can to make it as simple as possible. That means, don't have any other peripheral devices plugged in during the install and don't have ANY other programs running. For example, if your system starts up Windows Messenger when you boot up, find it in the icons in the task bar and quit out of it.

With that in mind. REBOOT YOUR COMPUTER before attempting the install. This gets rid of any detritus that might be left in there from whatever you just did -- such as a prior install.

-------------------------------

It sounds like you are getting a good install of V1.47c (i.e., without messages) even though you aren't getting good stuff over HDMI. That makes it unlikely you have done anything to brick your Anthem. It's just a matter of getting it to take the new install. There is always, in the end, the possibility you will need to use Flash Eraser to reset the programmable parts in the Anthem, but let's not jump to that.

------------------------------

As for your V1.47c install, you say you have no HDMI from your sources, but can you get the Setup menu to appear on screen? If not, Reset Factory Defaults again (using the Front panel display) and then go into Setup > Video Output (again using the Front panel) and manually re-enter you video output settings for your display.

If you moved any cables during the install -- for example when attaching the RS232 cable, keep in mind that you may have shifted the HDMI plugs in their sockets. It only takes a tiny shift to undo the connection. So carefully recheck how you have things plugged in. Make sure you are using the sockets you think you are using!

The Setup menu is an internally generated video source, so it is independent of anything going on with your source devices. Concentrate first on getting it to appear on your display. Then worry about what might be going on with your sources.

We've had numerous cases here where folks thought they had screwed up the install when it was just that their display didn't come up using the expected HDMI input when they powered it up again after unplugging it. Check that as well in your display.

All of this will sound very elementary, but if V1.47c is installing without complaint then your failure to get video may *BE* something this elementary.
--Bob

post #22792 of 42999 Old 07-16-2009, 06:58 PM
Read the FAQ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmusoke View Post

Hi All:

I am new to this forum and have been a lurker in this forum for the past 2-3 weeks looking for advice from folks upgrading to the AVM50v by selling my trust AVM30(I got my new AVM50v a few days ago). I began on the 1/1/2009post and eventually quit(brain simaply got tired and exploded! slowly recoverying...) at the end of the March posts. Wow, lots of good info from very knowlegeable people. Mr. Bob Pariseau is indeed in a class of his own. His depth of knowledge on all things Anthem is simply amazing and intimidating...plus he posesses the patience of Job to boot! How many times has he patiently told poster after poster after poster using ARC to increase their Max EQ frequency to 20KHz and not to simply trust the default 5Khz value (sigh!). Thanks Bob for all the sweat equity you put in this thread. You really are a mentor to newbies like us. Please, please, please, do not die. We need you to help us get comfortable with these massive signal processors we've bought and then some!

My stereo() based system is a simple one.

1. Carver M1.0T power amp(stereo).
2. Carver Amazing Ribbon Loudspeakers.
3. Anthem AVM50v processor.
4. Denon 3910 DVD player.
5. Sony 51 inch Rear projection TV with DVI and Component inputs for hidef sources. It accepts a maximum input and output resolution 1080i, 60Hz.
6. APC H15 power supply conditioner.

The Cable box and DVD connect to the AVM50v via HDMI inputs 1 and 2 respectively. The HDMI output is connected to the Sony via an HDMI-to-DVI converter at the DVI input of the TV.

The DVD and Cable box connect to the AVM50v via HDMI cables from Monoprice. This is my first HDMI based system and thanks to AVS for their recommendation of Monoprice. Cables seem to be dirt cheap, nice looking and very reliable. The HDMI-DVI converter was from Monoprice as well.

OK...I need your help in optimizing my setup.

Cable Settings

1. The TV output type option is set at 16x9 (Other choices are 4:3 letter box and 4:3 Pan Scan)

2. Output color type is set to Y Pb Pr at the output with a resolution setting of 1080i for HD sources.

3. 4:3 override is set (same as passthrough I think) for SDTV sources. This allows one to pass 480i/i sources in their original format.

Are the above settings correct? SDTV sources look stretched on the Sony to fill the 16x9 screen. How can I improve on this, if possible?

DVD Settings

1. The output resolution is set at 480p(minimum allowable by HDMI).Choices are 720p and 1080i.

2. Color space is set at HDMI Y Pb Pr. Other choices are HDMI RGB or DVI(which I'm no longer using).

I was watching the Matrix and noticed that "Neo" (played by Keanu Reeves) looked and appeared to me to be rather tallish and skinny in his overcoat. What should the correct settings me on my DVD and in the AVM50v to correctly display this picture?

I need to take advantage of all the complex video scaling and processing features of the AVM50v since I paid a high price for it and intend to keep it around for the 10 years

Thanks everyone and God Bless!
David

PS
I ordered the mic boom stand that Bob P had recommeded a few months ago deom BHP(?). It should arrive next week but frankly, I'm scared to use this ARC thing. Too many new toys injected into my system in such a short time.

Don't be scared of ARC. Before you know it, ARC will be your new best friend.

In the first post of this thread you will find post links to a lot of tutorial stuff scattered through the thread. Look in particular for the link to "Video Calibration for non-ISF Techs". That will give you all the basic tips and tricks about how to set up your video.

The way to do this stuff is to approach it logically. FIRST get the Anthem talking properly to your display. Then pick one source at a time and start refining your setup for it (settings in the source device and also in the Anthem). Again see that post for the basics.
--Bob

post #22793 of 42999 Old 07-16-2009, 07:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 75
Thanks Bob...I'll check out the first posts

How to phase match subwoofers to the mains speakers: http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...0#post19542630
post #22794 of 42999 Old 07-16-2009, 08:20 PM

Liked: 13
Quote:

--Bob

Another "eager beaver" here -- installed V1.47c firmware on my D2 (original model).

In general, I'm pleased with this. The HDMI handshake process works better -- I no longer have to worry about the handshake failing, requiring me to change inputs in order to try the handshake again (or at worst, to power cycle the D2). Instead, the handshake seems to work every time now.

The ultimate "stress test" for HDMI handshake has been to use my TivoHD in "native" mode and change between 480i, 720p, and 1080i channels. V1.47c works better that my previous V1.33 (or whatever it was, it's been so long since we had any new firmware updates).

V1.47c works fine with my Samsung BD-UP5000 combo Blu-Ray/HD-DVD player also. My projector is a JVC RS-1 D-ILA.

The only downside I've seen with the new firmware is some occasional "pops" in the audio when switching.

It's a keeper -- I'm not going to revert back to the previous version.

- Dave
post #22795 of 42999 Old 07-16-2009, 10:44 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Korey View Post

You can also download my Nevo Q50 file off Remote Central, it uses RS232 codes, it's for a D1 but will get you started.

Awesome... will try it, thanx,,
post #22796 of 42999 Old 07-17-2009, 12:40 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by uberanalyst View Post

Another "eager beaver" here -- installed V1.47c firmware on my D2 (original model).

In general, I'm pleased with this. The HDMI handshake process works better -- I no longer have to worry about the handshake failing, requiring me to change inputs in order to try the handshake again (or at worst, to power cycle the D2). Instead, the handshake seems to work every time now.

The ultimate "stress test" for HDMI handshake has been to use my TivoHD in "native" mode and change between 480i, 720p, and 1080i channels. V1.47c works better that my previous V1.33 (or whatever it was, it's been so long since we had any new firmware updates).

V1.47c works fine with my Samsung BD-UP5000 combo Blu-Ray/HD-DVD player also. My projector is a JVC RS-1 D-ILA.

The only downside I've seen with the new firmware is some occasional "pops" in the audio when switching.

It's a keeper -- I'm not going to revert back to the previous version.

- Dave

I may have to upgrade to that firmware. When do you expect Anthem will make V1.47C the official firmware?
post #22797 of 42999 Old 07-17-2009, 08:16 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigmoviefan View Post

I may have to upgrade to that firmware. When do you expect Anthem will make V1.47C the official firmware?

I'm with you. I won't touch it until it becomes official! My D2 works flawless now... No playing with firmware unless Anthem makes it official.
post #22798 of 42999 Old 07-17-2009, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Ohdee~ View Post

I'm with you. I won't touch it until it becomes official! My D2 works flawless now... No playing with firmware unless Anthem makes it official.

Yes, but the official old V1.33 suffers from HDMI handshake problems that were never fixed. I've had numerous complaints from family members that they occasionally couldn't get the system to sync when powered up or when changing some channels.

A workaround is to set my HDTivo to have a fixed 1080i output regardless of the channel/source, or worse, to use component inputs instead of HDMI. But both of these introduce compromises in performance that I find unacceptable in a high-end system based on a D2:
- fixed 1080i output on my DVR requires conversion of 720p channels --> 1080i --> 1080p with image-degrading progressive-to-interlace-to-progressive conversion,
- use of component instead of HDMI introduces an extra digital --> analog --> digital conversion of video.

I also set my D2 and projector to 1080p24 whenever watching Blu-Ray movies so I get the best performance from that source, and wish the D2 could reliably convert 480i/60 DVDs to 1080p/24 without occasional stuttering (I haven't tested this yet with V1.47c but assume it still doesn't work right).

So I'm pleased that the new V1.47c seems to work well enough to let me use HDMI inputs in their native mode to the D2 without loss of sync when switching inputs or channels. I'm happy that Anthem is again putting some effort into fixing the D2, now that a D2 to D2v upgrade is not economically attractive.

- Dave
post #22799 of 42999 Old 07-17-2009, 09:06 AM
Read the FAQ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigmoviefan View Post

There's no way to know. They may want to get a few other fixes in (more "test" versions) before that happens.

If they decide to make V1.47c itself into an "official" release (most likely to be called V1.5), that could happen quite quickly. Otherwise it's done when it's done.
--Bob

post #22800 of 42999 Old 07-17-2009, 09:10 AM
Read the FAQ!

I had previously reported a problem where V2.06 and V2.07 firmware produced loss of audio when changing audio formats with my Comcast HD/DVR. For some reason, this was most easily reproduced by starting up a recorded program on the DVR. Once the audio was lost it STAYED lost, although you could cure the problem by interrupting the audio stream (Pause/Play or Skip Forward/Skip Back) and then waiting about 5 seconds after doing that.

This problem was particularly puzzling because my Comcast is hooked up via Component video and Optical Digital audio, so it was not an HDMI input problem.

In any event, this problem appears to be FIXED in V2.07c! I've not been able to reproduced this loss of audio.
--Bob

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Receivers Amplifiers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page