AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.H. View Post

Oh no I havent.

Oh yes you have! And unless you have just recently deleted or edited a whole bunch of many of your prior posts in a lot of other threads, they are still there for all to see.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-11-2007, 08:03 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Nope all I ever said was separates were better than receivers for sound quality. You can't find anything I said bad about Denon because I wouldn't. I like Denon I have had a Denon reciever in the past I just prefer separates for sound quality reasons. Not any thing bad about about Denon just a preference. You are good at BS though I'll give you that.
Old 02-11-2007, 09:49 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

You can't find anything I said bad about Denon because I wouldn't..

Unless you edited or deleted many of the prior posts you have made, you have indeed bad mouthed Denon receivers and even Denon in general somewhat. Not to mention all receivers in general. Also, you have still yet to prove any of your better "sound quality" claims that you have also made for separates, and in most cases a lot of those claims were for products that you have never even personally heard. In fact, you have pretty much even made the same such kind of claims here for this product...
Old 02-11-2007, 10:13 PM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnla View Post

Unless you edited or deleted many of the prior posts you have made, you have indeed bad mouthed Denon receivers and even Denon in general somewhat. Not to mention all receivers in general. Also, you have still yet to prove any of your better "sound quality" claims that you have also made for separates, and in most cases a lot of those claims were for products that you have never even personally heard. In fact, you have pretty much even made the same such kind of claims here for this product...

Can you prove where JH edited or deleted these posts ?
Old 02-11-2007, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigsub View Post

Hes a troll is now going on delete. Like arguing with a 2 year old.
Old 02-11-2007, 10:27 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

I did not say he did, I said UNLESS he did it. Big difference!
Now go check you inventory and sell some cars.
Old 02-11-2007, 10:37 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

Hes a troll is now going on delete. Like arguing with a 2 year old.

Hey if you want a good laugh, take a look at some of the misinformation & garbage you tried to do push through in this older thread.
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...&&#post8747812

Problem is, you could not prove any of it, and nobody would buy any of it either. And it it also includes your totaly ridiculous claim that the B&K notch filters and the use of a SPL meter, would provide the same thing as the Audyssey room correction function in a Denon 5805.
Old 02-12-2007, 05:42 AM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnla View Post

I did not say he did, I said UNLESS he did it. Big difference!
Now go check you inventory and sell some cars.

I see the Dale Carnegie training is still working well for you.

I also read through the thread to which you linked above. You really nailed JH this time. The man actually gave his opinion, and said it was no more than that, HIS opinion.

He prefers B&K to Denon. He never trashed Denon. Imagine that, someone having an opinion in this hobby.
Old 02-12-2007, 10:31 AM

Quote:

I see the Dale Carnegie training is still working well for you.

I also read through the thread to which you linked above. You really nailed JH this time. The man actually gave his opinion, and said it was no more than that, HIS opinion.

He prefers B&K to Denon. He never trashed Denon. Imagine that, someone having an opinion in this hobby.

Funny now other people see what kind of jerk you are. He is nothing but a troll looking for fights. You will not find any bashing of Denon by me because i have never done it. Ignore is the best place for this guy. Your like tfl9999 who even argues about amp design with the actual amp designer. Oh yeah I have seen that too. Your both on ignore because your too imature to deal with in such a short life. Talk all you want jerk I CAN'T HEAR YOU.
Old 02-12-2007, 10:43 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 10
Quote:

Funny now other people see what kind of jerk you are. He is nothing but a troll looking for fights. You will not find any bashing of Denon by me because i have never done it. Ignore is the best place for this guy. Your like tfl9999 who even argues about amp design with the actual amp designer. Oh yeah I have seen that too. Your both on ignore because your too imature to deal with in such a short life. Talk all you want jerk I CAN'T HEAR YOU.

You must hold the longest ignore list record. Why do you get into so many arguments with people? Oh wait, I'm on your ignore list, nevermind.
Old 02-12-2007, 10:45 AM
AVS Special Member

Wow... how does any of this sniping help us poor schmucks that only want to find out information on the new Denon preamp?
Old 02-12-2007, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Gammans View Post

Wow... how does any of this sniping help us poor schmucks that only want to find out information on the new Denon preamp?

It doesn't help but if people wouldn't intentionally pick fights we could get things done. Just go back and read who started this fight? I said some very nice things about Denons new pro processor and the jerk Johnla started a fight about that for no reason at all. Come on I ask all who read this to go and look at who started this fight and then made accusations they can't back up like I trash Denon?
Old 02-12-2007, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat6366 View Post

You must hold the longest ignore list record. Why do you get into so many arguments with people? Oh wait, I'm on your ignore list, nevermind.

I don't have you on ignore anymore but I feel that your going back. I have had three fights with people at AVS,Pat,TFL9999 and Johnla. I do not get into "so many fights" as you again say something you can't back up. Now Pat go crawl back in your little hole known as "satellite radio" and trash Sirius some more ok? Stick to what you know best.
Old 02-12-2007, 11:08 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Gammans View Post

I'm with Scott...move on please.
Old 02-12-2007, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Lem View Post

I'm with Scott...move on please.

Agree I'm moved on.
Old 02-12-2007, 12:34 PM

Quote:

The surround formats it decodes.

What other surround formats do you think this unit should decode?

Quote:

Really the only notable thing I see is the XLR's and the fact that it doesn't have power amps.

That's why it is called a pre amp/processor!

Quote:

I can't imagine that the innards, exscept for the balanced part, aren't taken directly from one of their receivers.

I don't think anyone said otherwise because the price of this unit is very attractive. A lot of people can not use the amp section in a receiver anyways so why not pay less for this processor and have the same performance of a more expensive receiver.
Old 02-12-2007, 01:14 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 440 Post(s)
Liked: 197
"What other surround formats do you think this unit should decode?"

It's got the bases covered, just like the vast majority of receivers.

Look, I'm not saying there's anything the matter with it, there's just nothing special other than the XLR's, which most of us don't care about.

Noah
Old 02-12-2007, 06:05 PM

Quote:
It's got the bases covered, just like the vast majority of receivers.

Bases? What else do YOU want?
Old 02-12-2007, 10:16 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

Easy to see you still never read anything in it's entirety. First he stated something as facts when they were not, so he tried to change it to a "opinion". Also, others mentioned all the same things to him that I did, and some even mentioned more. Also his claims about what he could do with notch filters, were not just opinions, they were claims that he could do it. Even after proved wrong, he stilled tried to say it could be done.

As for you, are you missing Steve or something, and just looking for things to argue about? Or are you going to try and tell me again, and fail, that all car dealers are honest again?
Old 02-12-2007, 10:59 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neverwinter2 View Post

I don't think anyone said otherwise because the price of this unit is very attractive. A lot of people can not use the amp section in a receiver anyways so why not pay less for this processor and have the same performance of a more expensive receiver.

Because if you look at it close enough with what very limited information they have provided for it so far, it looks like this may offer less than what the front ends of their 2807 or 3806 receivers do. For what you say to be true it would almost have to be the equivalent of something more like the front end of a much more expensive 4806, or at the very least a 4306. But right now the way it looks, it has a MSRP that is the same price as a 3806, but with less features and options than even a lower cost 2807. In fact even the 2307 offer more.
Old 02-13-2007, 12:48 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 440 Post(s)
Liked: 197
"Bases? What else do YOU want?"

Audyssey room correction and full HDMI audio capabilities, both of which are available in receivers at the same price point.

Noah
Old 02-13-2007, 11:32 AM

Quote:

Audyssey room correction and full HDMI audio capabilities, both of which are available in receivers at the same price point.

I will agree with the room correction but I think that will change when denon release a non pro version of this.

Quote:

it has a MSRP that is the same price as a 3806, but with less features and options than even a lower cost 2807.

Good enough unless someone really needs the XLR outputs.
Old 02-13-2007, 01:56 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neverwinter2 View Post

I will agree with the room correction but I think that will change when denon release a non pro version of this.

Denon has given no indication at all that they are even going to do such a thing, in making a non pro version of this. And if they do, and add all the missing features that even some of their lower priced receivers have that this unit lacks. Then the price on such a thing will also more than likely jump up to a much higher level. You won't see a non-pro version of this with the addition of Audyssey room correction and full HDMI support for both video and audio and also video upconversion to HDMI, for anywhere near the low price that they have this pro version at now. Even though they probably could do such a thing if they wanted to, in order to shake up the consumer market place for pre-pros. They also probably would not do it, simply because it would also eat into their bread&butter receivers sales at that price level.
Old 02-13-2007, 03:21 PM

Quote:

Denon has given no indication at all that they are even going to do such a thing, in making a non pro version of this. And if they do, and add all the missing features that even some of their lower priced receivers have that this unit lacks. Then the price on such a thing will also more than likely jump up to a much higher level. You won't see a non-pro version of this with the addition of Audyssey room correction and full HDMI support for both video and audio and also video upconversion to HDMI, for anywhere near the low price that they have this pro version at now. Even though they probably could do such a thing if they wanted to, in order to shake up the consumer market place for pre-pros. They also probably would not do it, simply because it would also eat into their bread&butter receivers sales at that price level.

Then I guess we will have to see, unless denon will add XLR outputs to some of the receiver line. But I see the amp section as being a waste since I can not use it for my speakers.
Old 02-13-2007, 04:05 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Liked: 31
XLR's are nice for active speakers. WSR did a review of some Mackie speakers and thought they were great speakers for HT. It's nice to have balanced output for the long run to the speakers.

People with separate amps (with XLR inputs) can use them as well to minimize the length of speaker wire needed. Shorter speaker wire runs give better performance. Put the amp(s) for the front channels upfront and the amp(s) for the rear in back.

It may be overkill, but some would argue a dedicated pre/pro is already overkill. Hard to please everyone unless maybe they made the amplifier section optional on every receiver they make.

Old 02-22-2007, 09:47 AM
AVS Special Member

Finally got to speak to a technical support representative at Denon Professional.

The DN-A7100 does accept multi-channel PCM audio through its two HDMI inputs. The technician proved this by connecting his DVD player to the DN-A7100 using only the HDMI input.

He also said the first batch of A7100's came off the boat yesterday (which is why it took them so long to get back to me--they wanted to double-check this functionality with an actual preamp in hand). So if you're looking for a pre-amp under $1,000 with balanced XLR outputs and HDMI multichannel audio switching, the DN-A7100 may be just what you've been waiting for!
Old 02-22-2007, 09:53 AM - Thread Starter
boe
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 157 Post(s)
Liked: 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by noah katz View Post

Look, I'm not saying there's anything the matter with it, there's just nothing special other than the XLR's, which most of us don't care about.

Actually I was stoked - my current preamp doesn't support XLR.
Old 02-24-2007, 12:57 PM

I'm totally stoked as well. I'm trying to move to separates and this will definitely be something that I consider.

My only question after googling this product is this line..

EDIT - Nevermind about my questions.. I just can't read :P

I also read that it doesn't do HDMI converting. Maybe a deal breaker.
Old 02-27-2007, 06:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 26
I wonder if Denon could also being eyeing the potential sales success of this guy as a potential indicator for actually, for once and for all, doing a consumer model?

If it's not worth waiting until the last minute to do, then it's not worth doing.

KevinVision 7.1 ... Something old and something new :-)

Old 02-28-2007, 07:00 AM

I took a picture of the pre/pro & power amp that was shown at this year's CES and featured in the interview over at the CES forum of this site, to last week-end's Bristol Hi-Fi show.
I showed it to the UK sales Mgr who said that he knew all about them and that they would definitely be available for sale in the UK at some time this year (probably late Summer)

I was also told at the show by in the Onkyo rep that Integra Research products have been withdrawn from the European market because they no long meet EU directives.
I've been waiting on an IR pre-pro, I'm now switching over to the Denon when it comes out.
I need XLR outputs, Firewire inputs from my Pioneer DVD player, room correction and HDMI 1.3 which the Denon pre-pro will have.

I presume we're still discussing this unit in this thread?