The Official Yamaha RX-V1700/RX-V2700 Thread - Page 177 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #5281 of 5369 Old 02-19-2014, 10:45 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

Hi! I have the same problem with a receiver Yamaha RX-N600-connect error-I wrote to the Yamaha technical support that I responded quite quickly suggested me to contact the people at vTuner "

We are sorry to hear that you are having problems with your system.

As far as we are aware Vtuner are still supporting the RX-N600D, as our Yamaha receiver only is used as a gateway to Vtuner service, it would be worthwhile emailing Vtuner to check if they know of any know problems or if they are having work/updates on the site"

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #5282 of 5369 Old 02-20-2014, 11:52 AM

Greetings,

I am having the same problem just started the other day with 4 yamaha receivers 2 of which are n600's and 2 V2700's.  Both have been working for several years no problem, then out of nowhere the other day all receive "connect error" on Internet Radio.  Definitely not in my infrastructure.   I wrote vtuner and they said contact Yamaha so must be something Yamaha has done.

post #5283 of 5369 Old 02-20-2014, 11:56 AM

Yes same problem Mike, started the day before yesterday just receive "connect error" on 2 N600's and 2 V2700's so definitely a real problem.  I contacted both Yamaha and vtuner hopefully enough people will contact them and they can acknowledge and resolve problem.

It's time like these we get to find out if we made a good purchase or not.

post #5284 of 5369 Old 02-20-2014, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike2k7 View Post

Hello,  vTuner access is impossible ("Connect error") with my V2700 since 5 or 6 days, anyone else affected with this problem?

i have had an rxv3800 for about 6 years. i have been able to use the internet radio with no problems up until about a week ago. my os is win8.1 which i've had since it was offered. and internet radio works with win8.1. no hardware changes since i've had the yamaha. mac address in vtuner is correct.

i checked all my cat5 cables, replaced them with new ones, reset yamaha network settings, reset yamaha to factory, unplugged yamha for several minutes. have done the same steps with my router whose firmware is up to date.

i entered router gui and was able to 'see' the yamaha and succesfully ping it. yet whenever i try to connect to internet radio i get 'connect error'.

i sent email to yamaha 4 days ago with no response. i sent duplicate to soemone's address that i had from a previous question and it was returned to me.

hopefully soemone can help me get it back to working again. very frustrating!
post #5285 of 5369 Old 02-20-2014, 12:06 PM

Geb, definitely not you or your hardware---something has changed either at vtuner or yamaha.   BUT, it is important you contact them with your hardware info and details letting them know you are having problems so that they will fix it.  I have tons of Yamaha equipment and always felt they were responsive so lets hope they haven't changed and will resolve the issue quickly as this is an important feature in the Yamaha architecture and without it their receivers might as well be any other.

Vtuner:  Go here to create a username/password and create suppor ticket:

https://vtunervt.zendesk.com/verification/email/1kqcxmrqkqualtt/

email:

support@vtunervt.zendesk.com

yamaha:

Go here to enter support request:

http://www.yamaha.com/paragon/myaccount/fullpagesignin.html?step2=false&returnurl=%2fussub%2fContactForm.html%3fdeptcode%3d16446&returntarget=parent&iscontainersecured=true&REDURL=

Select "Yamaha" for userid unless you want to use another one (e.g. yahoo, google).  Point is go to the trouble of setting up the account and reporting your issue.  If you don't, it won't get fixed.

supportreply@yamaha.com

post #5286 of 5369 Old 02-20-2014, 01:05 PM

thanks idsi. it's now good to know that others are having this problem so that kinda makes me feel a little better.

i sent a ticket to yamaha on monday. got the automated response that they would respond 24-48 hours and nothing so far. i sent a separate email to someone at yamaha that i responded with previously but it came back to me. i then sent it to another person who i corresponded with and haven't heard back from them but the email didn't bounce back so that's good. i sent another ticket to yamaha again today with the same automated response.

i have not contacted vtuner yet but i will now.

i noticed in the rxv3800 manual on page 67 it states about vtuner- 'this service may be discontinued without notice.' i certainly hope this is not the case.
post #5287 of 5369 Old 02-20-2014, 01:12 PM

Last message (Feb 20 14:22) from vTuner "Our Team has contacted Yamaha executives regarding this issue. Your email has been forwarded as well."

I don´t think Yamaha will solve this problem, cause (imho) nothing changed on Yamahas side.

At february 12th or 13th something changed at vTuners server (settings or scripts) and this should be located and solved.

post #5288 of 5369 Old 02-20-2014, 01:17 PM

i certainly hope so. it's been driving me nuts trying to troubleshoot thinking it was something on my end. i just sent an email to vtuner also. was able to get same interent stations that i listen to via ps3 tunein. but it was much easier accessing it through the yamaha rather than having to turn on my ps3 and access it that way. and the bd remote doesn't work with tunein. since it's such a pain i'm either listening to wfuv fm or my own music via ps3.
post #5289 of 5369 Old 02-20-2014, 03:09 PM

Quote:

Last message (Feb 20 14:22) from vTuner "Our Team has contacted Yamaha executives regarding this issue. Your email has been forwarded as well."

I don´t think Yamaha will solve this problem, cause (imho) nothing changed on Yamahas side.

At february 12th or 13th something changed at vTuners server (settings or scripts) and this should be located and solved.

Mike, I received the same email from vTuner and when I read between the lines it means "we did change something on our end" but implies that the issue is on Yamaha's side.   The email I recived from Yamaha said email us back at the end of the week as if to imply they were taking it seriously and would pursue a resolution.   That is what I expect from Yamaha as they have been a moral and decent company in the past---let's hope they still are.  The bottom line is as a network engineer I can tell you that a resolution to the problem is very simple---the technology they use to connect is not complicated and is in use all over the world---somebody changed something and they can easily open the port back up or do a backward compatibility.  If they are not willing to do this, I would never use either of the two's products again as that is totally unsatisfactory----fixing the problem is just too simple to expect anything less.

post #5290 of 5369 Old 02-22-2014, 05:39 AM

I'm relieved to have found this forum after several hours of troubleshooting the recent loss of Internet radio on my RX-N600. I don't know why but the service was lost only two days ago in Canada.

I have also gone through similar checks as others and find nothing wrong with my system. In accordance with suggestions, I have sent emails to both vtuner & Yamaha and await their response.

Thanks for everyone's input, hopefully the issue will be resolved soon.

post #5291 of 5369 Old 02-22-2014, 10:14 PM

Boy I thought I was losing my mind, troubleshooting my network all day wondering why the connect error on my 2700. Spoke to Yamaha today, was told I would receive a tech call back by the 24th. Fingers crossed. Thanks for sharing the posts, great help.:-) 

post #5292 of 5369 Old 02-23-2014, 07:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dockep View Post

Boy I thought I was losing my mind, troubleshooting my network all day wondering why the connect error on my 2700. Spoke to Yamaha today, was told I would receive a tech call back by the 24th. Fingers crossed. Thanks for sharing the posts, great help.:-) 

if you do hear back from them please share their response here. i have sent them 4 separate emails on different days with nothing more than the automated response that i should be hearing from them in 24-48 hours. over 1 week has gone by with no response at all. and vtuner has not responded either.
post #5293 of 5369 Old 02-23-2014, 08:24 AM

Will share any and all info. Yamaha did help me troubleshoot, but seemed unaware of any ongoing issue.

post #5294 of 5369 Old 02-23-2014, 08:15 PM

BTW, I do get a connection if I do a network reset on the advanced setup of the 2700. It doesn't stay connected though, and after the reset I need to wait a minute before trying to connect to internet radio.

post #5295 of 5369 Old 02-24-2014, 06:24 AM

network reset did nothing for me. i even reset the unit to factory settings for everything and no luck. so obviously as stated before, it's not us or the yamaha.my work around was to load 'tunein' to my ps3 and listen to internet radio through it. but would prefer to not have to use another source for internet radio.
post #5296 of 5369 Old 02-24-2014, 08:05 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 18
The problem is either vTuner or the Yamaha online server, nothing users can do on their end or to their networks that will resolve this. Until Yamaha or vTuner fixes the issue there is nothing that users can do.
post #5297 of 5369 Old 02-24-2014, 11:31 AM

just received this email from keith at yamaha. note that he says there are 'no issues reported with vTuner'.

Tom,

Thanks for your email. Sorry you're having trouble with the receiver. It sounds like you have already tried all of the troubleshooting steps I would have recommended. At the moment, we haven't had any issues reported with the vTuner service, so I would have to assume that there is some kind of software corruption in the receiver. My one suggestion would be to try updating the firmware on the unit. I have attached a .zip file that contains the update as well as instructions for installing it.

If the issue persists after an update, the unit might need to be repaired. You can find the closest authorized service company at the link below:

http://usa.yamaha.com/dealers/service_locator/

Best Regards,
The Yamaha Customer Support Team
post #5298 of 5369 Old 02-24-2014, 12:51 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Well, it is working again on my 2700 so they must have fixed something on their end (Yamaha/vTuner). Whether it's FW related or not I don't know (though I doubt it). But they clearly had a system wide outage for their Internet Radio service, maybe restricted to older models. Working fine now on my 0044 FW from 2008.
post #5299 of 5369 Old 02-24-2014, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by toby10 View Post

Well, it is working again on my 2700 so they must have fixed something on their end (Yamaha/vTuner). Whether it's FW related or not I don't know (though I doubt it). But they clearly had a system wide outage for their Internet Radio service, maybe restricted to older models. Working fine now on my 0044 FW from 2008.

mine is working too WITHOUT applying update. although i can't access it through my bookmarks. i have to go through genre to get to station. but at least its working! how do i check what firmware i currently have?
post #5300 of 5369 Old 02-24-2014, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by geb724 View Post

mine is working too WITHOUT applying update. although i can't access it through my bookmarks. i have to go through genre to get to station. but at least its working! how do i check what firmware i currently have?

Same situation here (RX-V2700, FW 044), workaround for the (current) missing bookmarks,  "Using shortcut buttons"

From the manual, Copyright by Yamaha

Use this feature to access the desired music sources (WAV,
MP3 and WMA files on the connected PC, MCX-2000 or
USB storage devices and Internet Radio stations) directly.
You can preset 8 items in each sub input sources.
■ Assigning the items to the numeric
button (1-8)
1 Set the operation mode selector to SOURCE
and then press NET/USB on the remote
control to select “NET/USB” as the input
source.
2 Select a desired music source you want to
assign to the numeric button (1-8), and then
play back the source.
See page 69 for details.
3 Press MEMORY.
This unit in the memory preset mode. The MEMORY
indicator flashes and following message appears in
the video monitor and front panel display.
[Preset number]
When you do not complete each of the following steps within 5
seconds, the memory preset mode is automatically canceled. In
this case, start over from step 3.
4 Press desired numeric buttons (1-8).
The number of the selected numeric button appears in
the video monitor or front panel display.
5 Press ENTER or MEMORY to confirm the
preset.

Copyright: Yamaha
post #5301 of 5369 Old 02-24-2014, 02:34 PM

My RX-V2700's have the same problems as everyone else---BOOKMARKS DO NOT work.

HOWEVER, my Yamaha RX-N600's work completely---Bookmarks come up and work as they always did so problem is not across the board.

I did buy the RX-600's about the same time as the RX-V2700's and do see that I did firmware updates on the RX-600's but not on the RX-2700's.

Not saying this is a firmware issue but out of curiosity does anyone know how to view the firmware version on the RX-2700 (not in advanced setup I checked) and if you have an RX-V2700 what is the current firmware version?  Probably not a firmware issue but despareate so will try anything.

post #5302 of 5369 Old 02-24-2014, 02:50 PM

post #5303 of 5369 Old 02-24-2014, 03:07 PM

Thanks Mike---I just checked and I am on 044 as well.  Note I did send an email to Yamaha regarding this but have not sent anything to vtuner yet.    I did try everything I could think of including going to:

yradio.vtuner.com

entering my MAC address and updating bookmarks there.   For those unaware, you can edit all your bookmarks for your Yamaha receiver at that address --- just need your MAC address from your unit which is in your Network Setup and a vtuner account----really nice feature I was unaware of until this problems cropped up and I started searching for solutions.

post #5304 of 5369 Old 02-25-2014, 08:05 AM

Hi Geb and Toby,

I received this email from Yamaha regarding the bookmarks:

"There is no firmware release on that receiver and if it still fails, then the receiver would be at fault. (Or Maybe something in your internet connection/router.) We have looked into it and found a RX-V2700 at an employee's house that worked.  So it appears to not be a global issue.  "

You all both know this is not correct as there is NO WAY all three of us and others have a bad receiver that ONLY has a problem with Internet Radio bookmarks AFTER something was changed that caused Internet Radio to not work at all for 4 days and then it comes back online and everything works except the bookmarks.

I do have RX-N600's where the bookmarks work fine, but that doesn't make by RX-V2700 faulty---it just means they have not completely corrected the problem.  The bookmarks worked fine up until the problem occured where the whole service went down.

You guys and anyone else should contact Yamaha about this as they don't appear willing to fix it.

Unbelievable!

post #5305 of 5369 Old 02-25-2014, 08:28 AM

even though i have an rxv3800 i'm in this forum because this issue is not discussed in the rxv3800 forum. although my bookmarks don't work i'm happy that the internet radio does work now. i'm hopeful as time moves on my bookmarks will begin to work. but as mike pointed out using 'shortcut buttons' overcomes the bookmark problem. and it's working just fine for me that way. and i do agree with you when you say 'there is NO WAY all three of us and others have a bad receiver that ONLY has a problem with Internet Radio bookmarks AFTER something was changed that caused Internet Radio to not work at all for 4 days and then it comes back online and everything works except the bookmarks.'
post #5306 of 5369 Old 02-25-2014, 09:53 AM

Similar experience to other users, no response from Yamaha to my email but the Internet radio service reappeared today for this Canadian user. It now works fine. All bookmarks were restored & things are back to normal hopefully for good.

post #5307 of 5369 Old 02-25-2014, 10:42 AM

Thanks GEB that is helpful to know it is not just RX-V2700's with the issue----I am going to report that back to Yamaha when I contact them.  Right now I am waiting to here from the vtuner service regarding resetting the account for my mac address---if that works I will let you know otherwise I will write Yamaha back and let them know it isn't just RX-V2700's but RX-V3800 as well.  If anybody else is having BOOKMARK issues----or "connect error" when accessing bookmarks please chime in here and contact Yamaha / vtuner as well so they can't say its a "hardware error"---we all know that isn't the case. 

GEB, like you I am happy the service is back up and the users suggestion of using shortcut buttons/memory is helpful, but note that if you select a different net/usb source (e.g. a media pc or usb stick), you can't just 'shortcut" back to Internet Radio using your shortcut buttons.  You first have to go into Internet Radio, select a station so that the Internet Radio is activated---and this means going into the lookup station area since bookmarks don't work--- once a valid station is selected and playing, then the buttons work .  Might seem trivial but there are other small issues like that --- I miss the bookmarks big time and my guess is the problem is probably so simple to fix we just need someone to get on it.  With that said, i would rather have the shortcuts than nothing but hopefully we can have all the functionality back by the end of the day!

post #5308 of 5369 Old 02-25-2014, 03:39 PM

At first i thought, egregious! But probably they just checked the Internet Radio without explicit testing the bookmark function.

I Agree, we have to write again and just did it.

post #5309 of 5369 Old 02-25-2014, 04:05 PM

I just got off level 2 tech support at Yamaha. There is no firmware upgrade for the 2700. I did have to change DNSp to 8.8.8.8 and DNSs to 8.8.4.4. My bookmarks are not working though. Tech suggested deleting bookmarks on the Vtuner site and seeing if that initialized the bookmark tab.

post #5310 of 5369 Old 02-25-2014, 04:13 PM

Quote:

At first i thought, egregious! But probably they just checked the Internet Radio without explicit testing the bookmark function.

I Agree, we have to write again and just did it.

Mike, I think you hit the nail on the head as that is the implication I got when I received a response from Yamaha---they are not really using the features of the vtuner service so didn't think to check.  In defense of them, however, you would think that if the service came back online that everything would work as before.   I'm still waiting for an open ticket with vtuner regarding "Resetting" my account associated with the receiver taht is not working.

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page