post #121 of 5378 Old 09-27-2006, 12:19 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthfunk View Post

Guys got a question that needs enlightenment. Is the 2700 ABT1010 scaler engine better then DCDI Faroudja or are they totally video technology from each other.

each has its pros/cons.

Faroudja has the more reputable name, and technically can do a better job with Jaggies on video source deinterlacing, etc. But they also suffer from Macroblocking in certain chipsets (FLI23xx) and have some CUE and Chroma bugs in certain implementations.

ABT is not as popular because not many people have used that solution, but is what Arcam uses in their flagship DVD player, and has a reputation of having a better color rendering/reproduction than the Faroudja DCDi solution. However, it wont to as well in jaggies, and some people of complained of "softness" in the picture.

Either way, this should not be the determining factor in your decision. Although RX'z have become more and more video centric as well, their core is still audio.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #122 of 5378 Old 09-27-2006, 07:47 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssabripo View Post

each has its pros/cons.

Faroudja has the more reputable name, and technically can do a better job with Jaggies on video source deinterlacing, etc. But they also suffer from Macroblocking in certain chipsets (FLI23xx) and have some CUE and Chroma bugs in certain implementations.

ABT is not as popular because not many people have used that solution, but is what Arcam uses in their flagship DVD player, and has a reputation of having a better color rendering/reproduction than the Faroudja DCDi solution. However, it wont to as well in jaggies, and some people of complained of "softness" in the picture.

Either way, this should not be the determining factor in your decision. Although RX'z have become more and more video centric as well, their core is still audio.

ssabripo thanks for clarifying. The reason for asking cause iam deciding which Oppo 971 or 970 model to get and I also manage to get my 1 week old 2600 replace to the 2700.

Darthfunk Mini Review

OPPO DV-983H
post #123 of 5378 Old 09-29-2006, 02:47 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

here is a wierd thing...the website says the both the 2600 and 2700 have +12V triggers (two of them actually).

so I just read and searched teh 2700 manual and I can't find ANYTHING on the +12V trigger?!! WTF?

anyone else sees it?
post #124 of 5378 Old 09-29-2006, 08:54 PM
AVS Special Member

I haven't seen the 2700 manual, but Yamaha usually doesn't talk about the more "custom" oriented features in their manuals, like the RS232C port, so they may have just skipped over the 12v triggers.
post #125 of 5378 Old 09-29-2006, 09:41 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

hell, I cant even see the trigger in the back panel!!
post #126 of 5378 Old 09-29-2006, 10:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Quote:

here is a wierd thing...the website says that both the 2600 and 2700 have +12V triggers (two of them actually).
so I just read and searched the 2700 manual and I can't find ANYTHING on the +12V trigger?
anyone else sees it?

same situation for the RX-V1600, they [assume] we all will know how to use it. Actually, I e-mailed Yamaha customer service in regards to this and they sent me an e-mail response with specific details. I posted it on the "official RX-V1600 & RX-V2600" thread some-time back (so if you carefully look, you'll see it).

However, it does work straight-forward- ie. when the main receiver power is actuated (ON or OFF) the trigger automatically sends a square pulse.
post #127 of 5378 Old 09-30-2006, 07:18 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCoastD View Post

same situation for the RX-V1600, they [assume] we all will know how to use it. Actually, I e-mailed Yamaha customer service in regards to this and they sent me an e-mail response with specific details. I posted it on the "official RX-V1600 & RX-V2600" thread some-time back (so if you carefully look, you'll see it).

However, it does work straight-forward- ie. when the main receiver power is actuated (ON or OFF) the trigger automatically sends a square pulse.

I searched and this is what I found:
Quote:

Yes. Essentially the trigger circuits are designed to enable a +12V pulse during receiver power-ON/OFF event.

Your projector would power-ON when receiver is powered-ON, and would power-
OFF when receiver is powered-OFF.

The following is an e-mail response I received (a few weeks back) directly from Yamaha Customer Support in regards to these 12V triggers (quote):

"The RX-V1600 has a 12v 15mA max ouput trigger and sends out that signal
upon powering up or when the IR code is sent off. It normally goes to a
relay that would power up a screen, dim the lights or turn on a second
amp. It does not have any remote control capabilities. If you have any
more questions please feel free to contact us at our toll free Customer
Support line. 1-800-292-2982 Hours: Monday Thru Friday 8 AM to 4 PM
Pacific time.
Sincerely
Ken"

However, one thing I discovered by accident: when the receiver and respective device have already been powered-ON (automatically), then, subsequently, you set the receiver for "MULTI-CHANNEL IN" mode (to listen to an SACD or DVD-A), the trigger is enabled- powering-OFF the respective device. Subsequently, when "MULTI-CHANNEL IN" is disabled on the receiver the trigger is enabled (again)- powering-ON the respective device.

Therefore, to listen to a multi-channel source I must first set receiver for "MULTI-CHANNEL IN"- my external amp is automatically powered-OFF. I then [manually] enable power on the external amp. Then play multi-channel source.
When I'm done I disable "MULTI-CHANNEL IN" on receiver, however, external amp remains powered-ON because it is now in manual power-ON mode, and will not respond to external trigger commands. Consequently, I have to [manually] power-OFF the external amp (or device) when I'm finished. Sounds messy and complicated, however, no big deal to me, just have to be aware of it.

Otherwise, +12V trigger works fine.

dude...I looked in the back of the 2700, and I can't see any 12v triggers ....and the manual doesn't say anything! which ones are they?? SP1 and SP2?

This is a big no-no if this is not available....can you show me exactly where the heck it is?
post #128 of 5378 Old 09-30-2006, 07:44 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 659 Post(s)
Liked: 625
Quote:

hell, I cant even see the trigger in the back panel!!

Are we all looking at the same picture? They're clearly in the picture...

http://www.yamaha.com/yamahavgn/Imag...P_RX-V2700.jpg

post #129 of 5378 Old 09-30-2006, 09:24 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stereodude View Post

Are we all looking at the same picture? They're clearly in the picture...

http://www.yamaha.com/yamahavgn/Imag...P_RX-V2700.jpg

holy crap....good catch man..

I must be getting old because I completely did not see that!!

cool!
post #130 of 5378 Old 09-30-2006, 02:06 PM

2 questions:
- Has anyone used the network stuff yet? I am interested in the internet radio and network music functionality

- What is the difference beteen the 2700 and the 1700?
post #131 of 5378 Old 09-30-2006, 06:01 PM
AVS Special Member

2700 has the following over the 1700:-

10 W/channel more power
ABT scaler for upscaling to 1080i
1 additional HDMI input
Network Receiver functionality
Fancy OSD
Front USB port
Zone 2/3 with Video

MY HT BUILD BLOG

http://www.soundadvice.net.au/MarkH

MY THEATRE ROOM, LIVING ROOM and BEDROOM SYSTEMS THREAD

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1105927
post #132 of 5378 Old 09-30-2006, 11:37 PM
AVS Special Member

The capacitors on the 1700 are 12,000µF and the 2700's are 18,000µF.
post #133 of 5378 Old 10-02-2006, 11:19 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
anybody know when the 2700 is going to hit online retailers? anybody know a good spot to pick one up at the best price? i'm really interested in the network capability of the 2700, but can't justify spending full msrp for it. i may have to settle for the 1700. also my marantz is starting to flake out a little--turning itself off and back on at times. it's time to upgrade. my short list is the denon avr-2807 or the RX-V1700/RX-V2700. i can't even find any pricing online yet.

"the one who has the most fun wins."
post #134 of 5378 Old 10-02-2006, 12:22 PM

The 2700 is already on ebay, and one online retailer.

Im waiting for Soundpros to get theirs in, as I have used them before with good success.

Prices seem to be about the same. About 25% off MSRP.

EDIT:
They DID get them in, and one is on the way to me.
post #135 of 5378 Old 10-02-2006, 02:37 PM

Let me start by saying that I am not an engineer, nor do I have access to all necessary equipment for this to be concidered a real review. These are just my impressions of the receiver:

The first thing I noticed was the improvement in overall sound quality over my existing RX-V1400. There wasn't one particular area, it was just a superb overall sound. But if I did have to point at one thing, it would be that it sounds a little warmer without sacrificing the detail Yamaha is known for. I tested it with standard Cd's, SACD's, and compressed music from my PC (loaded @ 192).
Hooking up the networking was as easy as it gets. I downloaded Windows Media Connect 2.0 to my PC, ran an ethernet cable from my router, told my PC which files I would like to share and I was off to the races (total time: 10 min.). Using the CME (compressed music enhancer) really brought back a lot of the body of the music which I chopped off to compress it for the PC.
The GUI is first rate. It is well laid out, easy to navigate, and it gives you just about every adjustment available known to man. You can save settings or lock them to prevent other users from messing them up.
The YPAO worked excellent for my room. I listened to some 5.1 material first without making any adjustments and it sounded o.k.. Then I used the YPAO, and everything came to life. It now does it's calibration down to around 35Hz, which means it dials in the sub better than previous models with auto-calibration. It's also quicker than previous models. I think it took around 2 minutes to do a complete calibration.
On the video side, the receiver lets you decide what resolution to scale to for each input (480i, 480p, 720p, or 1080i). I ran HDMI from my Motorola DCT3412 HD/DVR straight to my TV, and then component cables through the receiver and HDMI to the TV (I need to grab an HDMI cable as right now all I have is an HDMI to DVI cable since my Tv has only DVI). I did notice some improvement on non-HD chanels, but nothing to jump up and down over. On DVD's there seemed to be more detail, and better color accuracy. I also have an XBOX hooked up through composite audio/video, and the picture did look better when upscaling. I did not notice a difference in scaling to 1080i as opposed to 720p.
Although I have had the receiver for a week now, I have not had a chance to hook up 2nd and 3rd zones since I have been very busy with other things. If anyone has any questions about anything I didn't cover, let me know and I will do my best to answer them.
All in all, I am VERY impressed with this product.
I am using a Sony KDF42WE610 (LCD RPTV), Denon DVD2200 (DVD player), Klipsch Reference speakers, Panny DMRE50K DVD recorder, Motorola DCT3412 HD/DVR, and an XBOX game console (rarely used).
Running M1000 component cables from DVR, DVD, and DVDR to the receiver and M100DV HDMI to DVI to the TV. All Audio cables are M1000 or Audioquest high end. Theres also an HTS3600 in there, but that's kind of secodary to this post.

Not sure if this helped anyone, just my .02$

"People are very open-minded about new things -- as long as they're exactly like the old ones"
Kettering
post #136 of 5378 Old 10-02-2006, 02:48 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Hey thanks for taking the time to jot down your thoughts. This receiver is on my short list along with the RX-V1700 and the Denon AVR-2807. I'm curious if you think the ABT scaler, 10 extra watts per channel and the Network connection is worth the extra $ for the 2700? Currently, I run optical out of my HTPC to my Marantz SR-880 (which is on the fritz) and am not sure I really need the RJ45 connection the 2700 boasts. I just use winamp and winque for fast search and enque capability. It would be nice I suppose to have the feature, but I'm just not sure if it's worth the extra dough. The mult-zone capability isn't really something I'm after either. Your thoughts on my situation? I actually started a post, but haven't gotten any feedback yet. I'm currently pushing Definitive Technology BP2002's and BPX surrounds.

"the one who has the most fun wins."
post #137 of 5378 Old 10-02-2006, 05:05 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 14
O
m considering this receiver and curious as to these items...

1) How does the YPAO compare to

2) Can any/all of the internal amps be set to Zone 2 and/or Zone 3? I have a Parasound 5 channel amp I want to use for my home theatre and use the Yammi amps for Zone 2 / Zone 3 and the 2 additional channels I need to run 7.1 - can it do this?

3) What can the RJ-45 really do?

4) Is the OSD over HDMI?

5) What is the Receiver Manager Software?

6) What works via the USB port (thumb drives, hard drives - any size limit or format limit)?

________
Ltek

my setup: XBMC, Windows Media Center, Z-Wave/Insteon automation, Paradigm-Parasound-Onkyo-Velodyne Home Theater, 110" DIY Screen & BenQ W1070
post #138 of 5378 Old 10-02-2006, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livin View Post

O
m considering this receiver and curious as to these items...

1) How does the YPAO compare to

2) Can any/all of the internal amps be set to Zone 2 and/or Zone 3? I have a Parasound 5 channel amp I want to use for my home theatre and use the Yammi amps for Zone 2 / Zone 3 and the 2 additional channels I need to run 7.1 - can it do this?

3) What can the RJ-45 really do?

4) Is the OSD over HDMI?

5) What is the Receiver Manager Software?

6) What works via the USB port (thumb drives, hard drives - any size limit or format limit)?

Answers:
1) Compare to what??

2) Need to get back to you on that one. Wow

3) RJ-45 is used for streaming music (from up to 4 PC's on the network), internet radio, and to link to a Yamaha musicast system.

4) Yes.

5) Receiver Manager Software is a program which lets you configure the receiver through your PC.

6) It is designed to work with non-iPod mp3 players and thumb drives

"People are very open-minded about new things -- as long as they're exactly like the old ones"
Kettering
post #139 of 5378 Old 10-02-2006, 06:40 PM
AVS Special Member

From the Yamaha .pdf manual, page 131: You can assign one of the surround amps and the smaller front 'presence' speaker amp to send 2ch audio to two remote zones.

EDIT: Well. I'll let my error stand that others may learn. I'm so familiar with the Yamaha back panel from the 2500, 2600, and 4600 that I assumed the smaller clip type connectors were for the presence speakers. Wrong. The clip type connectors are now a dedicated zone2 or zone3 amp, which is always available for a second zone even if you are running 7.1 and front presence speakers.

The front presence speakers now have full size connectors. This seems to be the only amp that can be reassigned to power a second or third zone.

And now I have a question. I don't see any power ratings for either the clip terminal 'zone 2' amp or the front presence speaker amp. The front presence amp was 50Wpc in previous models...

BTW, Eddie, thanks for the review! What vendor had them in stock?
post #140 of 5378 Old 10-02-2006, 07:40 PM

When you are using the RJ-45 is the information displayed on the tv screen? Is it pretty quick browsing/selecting files? What was the total count of files you gave it to access? I have a lot of music files and some devices are pretty slow to load them all up and browse.

Thanks!
post #141 of 5378 Old 10-02-2006, 08:38 PM

Eddielives, thanks for the nice review. You know I've been waiting for it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddielives View Post

I ran HDMI from my Motorola DCT3412 HD/DVR straight to my TV, and then component cables through the receiver and HDMI to the TV (I need to grab an HDMI cable as right now all I have is an HDMI to DVI cable since my Tv has only DVI).

Let me see if I have your hookup correctly. DVR --> via ? --> TV --> via component video --> AVR --> via HDMI/DVI --> TV. Is the cable from DVR to TV DVI/DVI? And I gather from your comment in parentheses that the cable goes from HDMI out on AVR to DVI in on TV. Is that right?

I'm really a novice when it comes to hooking up present day A/V equipment so I'm a bit confused. Does your setup allow you to watch TV without turning on the AVR? How do you switch which source to watch on TV?

In Search Of My Dream HD Theatre
post #142 of 5378 Old 10-02-2006, 08:44 PM

The receiver manager software is just way too cool!

No, I dont have the receiver yet , Ive just been playing with the software on my computer.
post #143 of 5378 Old 10-02-2006, 09:16 PM

When I get a chance, I will post a review. been so busy and traveling to a wedding this week. Had it for a week now, working great so far.

Michael
post #144 of 5378 Old 10-02-2006, 11:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by isomdh View Post

Eddielives, thanks for the nice review. You know I've been waiting for it. Let me see if I have your hookup correctly. DVR --> via ? --> TV --> via component video --> AVR --> via HDMI/DVI --> TV. Is the cable from DVR to TV DVI/DVI? And I gather from your comment in parentheses that the cable goes from HDMI out on AVR to DVI in on TV. Is that right?

I'm really a novice when it comes to hooking up present day A/V equipment so I'm a bit confused. Does your setup allow you to watch TV without turning on the AVR? How do you switch which source to watch on TV?

Now that I look at it, I can see how it's a little unclear how I've got the system configured at this time . See if this works:

Motorola DVR box ---> Receiver (component video/coax dig. audio)
DVD player ---> Receiver (component video/optical dig. audio)
DVD Recorder ---> Receiver (component video/optical dig. audio)
XBOX ---> Receiver (composite video/analog audio"
and
Receiver ---> TV (HDMI to DVI)

***I also run S-Video and analog audio from the Motorola DVR to the DVD Recorder for burning/archiving recorded programs/movies (for personal use, of course).***

As for being able to watch TV without powering up the receiver? I suppose I could since I have another connection scheme going on here:

Cable from the wall ---> Split to Motorola box and DVD Recorder (coax cable)
DVD Recorder ---> TV (coax cable) -- (UHF/VHF IN)
I did this so that if we are recording on both tuners in the Motorola DVR box, we can watch a live program other than what's being recorded (as long as it's chanel 1-99) through the DVD Recorders internal tuner.

Pheeeew... got all that??? There's a quiz on Monday.

BTW: It's a really easy system to use since I use an MX850 remote to control everything via RF. It's activity based, and the main page reads as follows:

WATCH TV
WATCH DVD
LISTN CD (music from PC)
LISTN NET (internet radio)
WATCH 1-99

Since I've gone this far, I might as well tell you what I plan to do in the following weeks:

I will set up macros on the first "favorites" page of the remote as follows--
LISTN DR/CD (Dining room/zone2 for PC music)
LISTN DR/NT (Dining room/zone2 for internet radio)
LISTN OD/CD (Outdoors/zone3 for PC music)
LISTN OD/NT (Outdoors/zone3 for internet radio)
All will have macros and "jump to" commands to control appropriate activities. The other 3 "favorites" pages are reserved for lighting control, fan control, and descrete receiver codes. I love using the "favorites" pages for things other than favorite chanels. The way I look at it is that by the time you press "favorites" 3 times and then press "select", you could have just entered the chanel # with less work. But I digress. I got on a bit of a rant with the remote thing, but a good remote can make or break a system (or a marriadge) . Alright, enough for tonight. I hope somewhere back there I answered your question .

Kettering
post #145 of 5378 Old 10-02-2006, 11:36 PM

You seem to be doing double duty with the multi zone...serving two areas with one zone....is that because you are just using a single speaker in each zone vs stereo?

Can the multi zone use digital signals or just analog? It seems if it will do network/internet music it would take digital inputs...

Thanks!

Geez, leave me alone already, I have a PSThree!
Geez, leave me alone already, I have a Tosh AyToo!
Yes, I'm format neutral...Yes I post on "both sides"...
post #146 of 5378 Old 10-03-2006, 12:13 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Quote:

The first thing I noticed was the improvement in overall sound quality over my existing RX-V1400.

wonderful! Although, I truly believe, both, the RX-V1600 & RX-V2600, were a major step beyond [all] other, previous, Yamaha AV receiver models in sound quality, due to, in most part, a new pre-amp/amp circuit design approach, combined with the use of Burr Brown devices. I understand these new models (RX-V1700 & RX-V2700) are based on these configuration's. It seems to me that most people are only [now] realizing just how good these new-generation Yamaha's really sound. My local dealers (BestBuy, Ken Cranes, etc.,..) claim they have noticeably many requests for the RX-V2600 model, and that they are back-ordered. The new (RX-V2700's) have'nt even hit the stores yet!

Quote:

Hooking up the networking was as easy as it gets. I downloaded Windows Media Connect 2.0 to my PC, ran an ethernet cable from my router, told my PC which files I would like to share and I was off to the races (total time: 10 min.). Using the CME (compressed music enhancer) really brought back a lot of the body of the music which I chopped off to compress it for the PC.

Cool! Does this mean we can open Windows Media Player (from PC) and play music files, via-etherNET, through the Yamaha receiver?

Quote:

I ran HDMI from my Motorola DCT3412 HD/DVR straight to my TV, and then component cables through the receiver and HDMI to the TV (I need to grab an HDMI cable as right now all I have is an HDMI to DVI cable since my Tv has only DVI).

I'd be curious to see how the RX-V2700 functions with Motorola DCT3412 HD/DVR HDMI OUT->to->RX-V2700 HDMI INP; RX-V2700 HDMI MONITOR OUT->to->TV DVI INP, wonder if you'll experience "HDCP ERROR"? or what?

Quote:

All in all, I am VERY impressed with this product.

gotta have one of these bad!

Quote:

Running M1000 component cables from DVR, DVD, and DVDR to the receiver and M100DV HDMI to DVI to the TV. All Audio cables are M1000 or Audioquest high end. Theres also an HTS3600 in there, but that's kind of secodary to this post.

I'm using much of these series cables myself, I think they're exceptionally nice.
post #147 of 5378 Old 10-03-2006, 12:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duqx View Post

When you are using the RJ-45 is the information displayed on the tv screen? Is it pretty quick browsing/selecting files? What was the total count of files you gave it to access? I have a lot of music files and some devices are pretty slow to load them all up and browse.

Thanks!

Yes, the info. from your PC is displayed on screen.
It gives you 3 options once you choose "NET/USB" as a source on the Yamaha.
PC/Musicast
Intenet Radio
USB

It works like an iPod... up, down, left, right, and "select" to navigate.

For PC music, you can search by: playlists,artist, album, genre and songs. As for speed, I have 244 artists and I can scroll from A to Z (8 artists per page) in about 25 seconds by pressing and holding the "down" cursor. It's immediate as far as lists coming up and songs begining to play (well, it's actually 1 or 2 seconds).
For Internet Radio, you can search by: bookmarks, locations, generes, new stations, popular stations, and podcasts.
Theres even a "help" choice in the list which gives you an audible answer to 3 FAQ's.

If you have multiple PCs on your network, it will display the name of the PCs in a list once you choose "PC/Musicast" from the first menu, and you go from there.
** I haven't tried the front USB since I don't have a non-iPod Mp3 player or thumb drive.**

Kettering
post #148 of 5378 Old 10-03-2006, 12:25 AM

Quote:

Pheeeew... got all that??? There's a quiz on Monday.

I'll take the quiz if there's a course about how to hook up stuff and I can study it first. Seriously, did you figure all that yourself by (a) reading the owner's manual, (b) trial and error, or (c) long time experience?

Quote:

BTW: It's a really easy system to use since I use an MX850 remote to control everything via RF. It's activity based, and the main page reads as follows:

WATCH TV
WATCH DVD
LISTN CD (music from PC)
LISTN NET (internet radio)
WATCH 1-99
Since I've gone this far, I might as well tell you what I plan to do in the following weeks:

I will set up macros on the first "favorites" page of the remote as follows--
LISTN DR/CD (Dining room/zone2 for PC music)
LISTN DR/NT (Dining room/zone3 for internet radio)
LISTN OD/CD (Outdoors/zone2 for PC music)
LISTN OD/NT (Outdoors/zone3 for internet radio)

Sounds like RF is the way to go. You know, professional wiring geeks are still pushing IR based multi-zone setup. You are showing that RF can take care of all zoning needs plus the convenience of macros. Awesome!

In Search Of My Dream HD Theatre
post #149 of 5378 Old 10-03-2006, 12:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jefflins View Post

You seem to be doing double duty with the multi zone...serving two areas with one zone....is that because you are just using a single speaker in each zone vs stereo?

Can the multi zone use digital signals or just analog? It seems if it will do network/internet music it would take digital inputs...

Thanks!

Sorry. It's late. I made a typo. I meant to convey that zone2 was the Dining room, and zone3 was the Patio. Each with 2 activities to choose from. Went back and edited.

Not absolutely sure I understand this one, but here goes. As for zones 2 and 3, you can use digital signals from the sources (optical/coax). The networking and internet radio are via CAT5 from the router, therefore they are internal when it comes to choosing them as a source.

Kettering
post #150 of 5378 Old 10-03-2006, 01:10 AM

Quote:

wonderful! Although, I truly believe, both, the RX-V1600 & RX-V2600, were a major step beyond [all] other, previous, Yamaha AV receiver models in sound quality, due to, in most part, a new pre-amp/amp circuit design approach, combined with the use of Burr Brown devices. I understand these new models (RX-V1700 & RX-V2700) are based on these configuration's. It seems to me that most people are only [now] realizing just how good these new-generation Yamaha's really sound. My local dealers (BestBuy, Ken Cranes, etc.,..) claim they have noticeably many requests for the RX-V2600 model, and that they are back-ordered. The new (RX-V2700's) have'nt even hit the stores yet!

Cool! Does this mean we can open Windows Media Player (from PC) and play music files, via-etherNET, through the Yamaha receiver?

I'd be curious to see how the RX-V2700 functions with Motorola DCT3412 HD/DVR HDMI OUT->to->RX-V2700 HDMI INP; RX-V2700 HDMI MONITOR OUT->to->TV DVI INP, wonder if you'll experience "HDCP ERROR"? or what?

gotta have one of these bad!

I'm using much of these series cables myself, I think they're exceptionally nice.

The 2700s and 1700s are shipping right now. Some stores already have them. Tweeter in New England has an arrival date of Oct. 6th to their dist. centers. Add a couple of days to get them to the stores.

No, you cannot open WMP through the receiver. It uses it's own GUI to search through whatever folders containing music files you've decided to share.

I'll tell you in a day or 2. Just gotta grab an HDMI cable. I am curious a well as I have heard there are issues with the Motorola boxes recognizing the receivers as pass through devices.

Understandable...

I like the cables. I used to be the "Monster Specialist" at a Tweeter. 75% off retail.

Now all I need is a DVD-S2700BL (1080p upconverting player) to go with it.

Kettering
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page