Reliability of Harman Kardon DPR2005 ? - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 08-29-2006, 08:20 PM - Thread Starter
eya

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi,

I know that HK DPR2005s have a high service return rate. Once factory remanufactured, how do they behave ? I mean, are they more/even/less prone to break stop working than a new model ?
[my assumption is that if HK used a faulty component lot for its DPR, it sould be able to solve that back to factory ; however, if it's a design issue, it won't really help...]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 08-30-2006, 07:45 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 20
A refurbished H/K receiver will have a 2 year warranty if you buy it direct from harmanaudio.com. I see no reason why the DPR models would be less reliable than the AVR models, at least after whatever the generic problem was is fixed.

"The truth is out there!"
post #3 of 3 Old 08-30-2006, 08:50 PM - Thread Starter
eya

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsmith901
A refurbished H/K receiver will have a 2 year warranty if you buy it direct from harmanaudio.com. I see no reason why the DPR models would be less reliable than the AVR models, at least after whatever the generic problem was is fixed.
Well I did buy it through HK. I haven't received it yet, and I don't regret my choice, just want to know if I have to plan some trip to the service centers...
And that really depends on weither the issues encountered can be solved once for all, or if it is a recurring pb. Only a resseller or service center could tell.
I read of a guy who was receiving is 4th DPR, the other turned wrong. But he got a got a new one each time...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page