Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalsaber View Post

Here is what I got in response to my Email to Pioneer:

Quote:
Thank you for contacting Pioneer Electronics, Inc.

There is a firmware upgrade for the unit. The current version is 1.015

To check the current firmware revision, do the steps below
1. Place the receiver into Standby
2. Press and hold the Standard Surround button, located on the right side of the
receiver.
3. While continuing to hold the Standard Surround button, press the Power
button.
4. When the receiver comes on you will see several displays of information. The
HDMI version is normally on the 2nd display.

Well tried this out tonight and it didn't work for me. Oh well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #362 of 1630 Old 12-15-2006, 08:56 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I am getting conflicting information from Pioneer email customer service and the service center folks.
After a couple emails I asked the customer service person to be more specific as to what the Firmware update he was talking about was supposed to do, here's what he said.
Quote:

The firmware update you can translate how ever you want but this is what it shows. Firmware update V1.004 Problem: Dark Image when using Composite/S-Video/Component inputs (analog signal to HDMI) convert to HDMI Output. I suggest if you have issues to call customer service at 800-421-1404

I then asked why I would call customer service if he was customer service as his signature said? He told me
Quote:

All I handle is operations and installation of the product. Customer Service handles all complaints about the performance of the unit. If it has a malfunction and we need to investigate to find out the cause and a remedy that is what they would do.

So I may try to give customer service a call and see what the story is. Either way if I keep this unit, it looks like my week old $1200 receiver will need to spend at least a week in the shop! Crazy.

The service center guys who took my model and serial number and researched what fixes were available for them to get after I told them Pioneer said I needed to get a firmware upgrade, told me that there was no firmware upgrade available - but did I use the HDMI plugs? If so then there is a PCB that could be replaced - and yes everything we talked about was under warranty.

At this point my DVD player is going into the 82 dvi to hdmi in and optical cable for audio. Everything is great.

My Sony HD Tuner/DVR is going direct hdmi to hdmi in and while there are some video issues with some 4:3 standard TV broadcasts, I can't be sure that the station isn't partly to blame because others are flawless. However in all cases the audio via HDMI is very low compared to all other input sources. Also if you switch the 82 away from the Sony HD unit and then try to go back it sometimes captures the signal and sometimes can't seem to get a lock and the HDMI light flashes. Turn off the Sony HD Tuner and turn it back on and all is good again.

The Dish Satellite receiver, the Xbox 360 and the Gamecube all sound fine going through the receiver but the video is just horrible. Either completely out of scale or just really blurred and dark for lack for the proper terms. So the S-Video from the Sat box and the component video from the gamecube (480p) are back routed directly into the TV. The XBOX 360 is component in to the 82 and component out to the TV the HDMI conversion just kills the sharpness and some of the aspect ratio of the Xbox games.

Seems like a lot of compromise for this price. I am still wondering if I'd be better served going to a more audio only surround receiver and put all video back directly into the TV. I was running out of inputs on the TV and the best is a single DVI in so I liked having the option of putting things into the receiver.

Well this was a long post but perhaps others are having similar issues and might gain something from it, or better for me have a suggestions as to how I might better configure things to work correctly.
post #363 of 1630 Old 12-15-2006, 11:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLKRI View Post

I am getting conflicting information from Pioneer email customer service and the service center folks.
After a couple emails I asked the customer service person to be more specific as to what the Firmware update he was talking about was supposed to do, here's what he said.

I then asked why I would call customer service if he was customer service as his signature said? He told me

So I may try to give customer service a call and see what the story is. Either way if I keep this unit, it looks like my week old $1200 receiver will need to spend at least a week in the shop! Crazy.

The service center guys who took my model and serial number and researched what fixes were available for them to get after I told them Pioneer said I needed to get a firmware upgrade, told me that there was no firmware upgrade available - but did I use the HDMI plugs? If so then there is a PCB that could be replaced - and yes everything we talked about was under warranty.

At this point my DVD player is going into the 82 dvi to hdmi in and optical cable for audio. Everything is great.

My Sony HD Tuner/DVR is going direct hdmi to hdmi in and while there are some video issues with some 4:3 standard TV broadcasts, I can't be sure that the station isn't partly to blame because others are flawless. However in all cases the audio via HDMI is very low compared to all other input sources. Also if you switch the 82 away from the Sony HD unit and then try to go back it sometimes captures the signal and sometimes can't seem to get a lock and the HDMI light flashes. Turn off the Sony HD Tuner and turn it back on and all is good again.

The Dish Satellite receiver, the Xbox 360 and the Gamecube all sound fine going through the receiver but the video is just horrible. Either completely out of scale or just really blurred and dark for lack for the proper terms. So the S-Video from the Sat box and the component video from the gamecube (480p) are back routed directly into the TV. The XBOX 360 is component in to the 82 and component out to the TV the HDMI conversion just kills the sharpness and some of the aspect ratio of the Xbox games.

Seems like a lot of compromise for this price. I am still wondering if I'd be better served going to a more audio only surround receiver and put all video back directly into the TV. I was running out of inputs on the TV and the best is a single DVI in so I liked having the option of putting things into the receiver.

Well this was a long post but perhaps others are having similar issues and might gain something from it, or better for me have a suggestions as to how I might better configure things to work correctly.

MLKRI,
My experience is quite similar to yours. I love the audio part of this receiver but the video upscaling is disppointing (for what I paid for it). Here is my setup (just listing the video connections)....perhaps you could leverage it to improve video quality in your setup:
  • Receiver is connected to a 50", 7th gen plasma TV monitor equipped with a DVI blade. Use a 12' long DVI cable and connect the TV monitor through a DVI/HDMI adaptor to the HDMI out on the receiver.
  • SD Dish DVR is connected to the receiver through composite video input.
  • SD progressive scan Panasonic DVD player is connected through S-video input.
  • HD3250 (scientic atlanta) cable box connected through component video input.
  • Intend to connect HTPC through HDMI input, soon.
  • Intend to connect a blu ray or HD-DVD through HDMI input in future.

I have the output resolution set to 720P on the receiver to match the native resolution of my monitor. PQ is decent (actually quite good) for the SD DVR and the SD DVD player. I did adjust the contrast and the brightness settings but finally got a satisfactory PQ. However, at these settings the component input from the HD3250 box produces a dark picture with artifacts. I have the cable box set to send the SD in 480i and HD in 720P. Thus, in principle, the resolution going into the receiver is same for all SD sources but I have PQ problem with component only! Of course, when I set the output resolution to "PURE" the problem on component goes away (bright picture again) but then I loose the good PQ on other sources. I would have been happy at this point if the receiver had independent settings for each input!!!

I have tried connecting my HTPC briefly through HDMI and the PQ was good so I do not anticipate problem with HDMI input....fingers crossed.

I am disappointed that I did not get a receiver that does everything as advertised. I tried to find the firmware by following the procedure outlined in previos posts....no dice, does not work. I hope to learn from your experience and decide if I should take the receiver for a fix OR ditch it in favor of Denon AVR-4306. I probably will spend more money but get a much better product in return.

Hopefully some folks on this forum can learn from my experience. Also, please let me know if someone has suggestions/settings to improve the PQ from HD3250 in my setup....I may end up keeping the machine if I resolve the component input issue.

Options.
post #364 of 1630 Old 12-16-2006, 10:52 PM

As mentioned earlier, I have connected my plasma monitor to the 82 through a HDMI>DVI adaptor and a 12' long DVI cable. I am wondering if this could be a reason for my upscaling woes on the component feed. How may of you here have upscaling issue and are connected using a HDMI cable to the TV?

Options
post #365 of 1630 Old 12-17-2006, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Options2000 View Post

As mentioned earlier, I have connected my plasma monitor to the 82 through a HDMI>DVI adaptor and a 12' long DVI cable. I am wondering if this could be a reason for my upscaling woes on the component feed. How may of you here have upscaling issue and are connected using a HDMI cable to the TV?

Options

My TV has an HDMI input and I have the dark picture when converting component to HDMI too. I did not notice any artifacts, but I did not do any serious viewing after finding that the picture was too dark and that the blacks were crushed aso.

Dennis
post #366 of 1630 Old 12-17-2006, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dponeill View Post

My TV has an HDMI input and I have the dark picture when converting component to HDMI too. I did not notice any artifacts, but I did not do any serious viewing after finding that the picture was too dark and that the blacks were crushed aso.

Funny thing is I've been reading about this "dark picture" issue yet I just picked up a 84 and hooked it up and the component -> HDMI is super bright, I had to crank the brightness on my TV way down to get normal saturation - the hdmi looked perfect but the STB wont let me route the hdmi thru the receiver (damn HDMI).
post #367 of 1630 Old 12-18-2006, 12:44 PM

Has anyone got a repair center to acknowledge that there is a firmware update yet?
post #368 of 1630 Old 12-18-2006, 02:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Liked: 127
That PCB thing sounds like a service center scam in the making....or maybe they're assuming the board is *broken*.
post #369 of 1630 Old 12-18-2006, 04:19 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Options2000 View Post

MLKRI
I have the output resolution set to 720P on the receiver to match the native resolution of my monitor. PQ is decent (actually quite good) for the SD DVR and the SD DVD player. I did adjust the contrast and the brightness settings but finally got a satisfactory PQ. However, at these settings the component input from the HD3250 box produces a dark picture with artifacts. I have the cable box set to send the SD in 480i and HD in 720P. Thus, in principle, the resolution going into the receiver is same for all SD sources but I have PQ problem with component only! Of course, when I set the output resolution to "PURE" the problem on component goes away (bright picture again) but then I loose the good PQ on other sources. I would have been happy at this point if the receiver had independent settings for each input!!!

Are you sure 720p output gives you your best picture? It may, but if you haven't tried it, then you should check out 1080i as well. I'm not saying you'll get better results, but you easily could (the native resolution of your display is not necessarily the best choice).

PS. Of course, if you change the output to 1080i, you had best change your HD cable to 1080i as well.
post #370 of 1630 Old 12-18-2006, 04:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravitom View Post

Has anyone got a repair center to acknowledge that there is a firmware update yet?

According to the Customer Service rep I spoke to, if you registered your product, you should receive an email when an update becomes available.
post #371 of 1630 Old 12-18-2006, 04:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevorS View Post

According to the Customer Service rep I spoke to, if you registered your product, you should receive an email when an update becomes available.

Just spoke to one tonight and they said they were still shooting for the end of this month. An email would be sent out regarding the upgrade. He told me that the firmware upgrade should only take a few mins.
post #372 of 1630 Old 12-18-2006, 10:44 PM

I love this unit have a Focal SIBSYSPB Sib 525W 5.1-Channel Surround Sound System using AudioQuest/Cinemaquest G-2 speaker cable - 16 AWG for all speaker connections. (In wall, used phillips 14 or 16guage wiring for the rear speaker jacks.)Eaiser this way than haiving to run wire from the front of the room to the back and since we built a new room easier running the wire inside of the wall and isntalling jacks. Other cables such as hdmi, coax/optical digital purchased from monoprice got there high end stuff. Just need to tweak the speaker settings, quick question i have just the lfe hooked up to the sub woofer using a Audioquest Sub-1 Subwoofer Cable. First time dealing with a sub woofer :P
post #373 of 1630 Old 12-19-2006, 05:31 PM

I have read a ton of threads amongst most HDMI receivers and their compatibility through the HDMI inputs. It amazes me that every Hi-Fi store I went to has salesman with absolutley no support for HDMI. They all feel component cables are just as good. I have to say after today I completely disagree. I was worried when I finally bought my new receiver if it would be compatible with all my components.

I recently set up a Pioneer VSX82TSX to a Panny 42" 42PX60U, a Comcast Motorola 3412, and a Toshiba HD-A2. My biggest worry was going to be whether the Motorola box would bring the green screen I have been reading so much about. My worries are now gone. The picture looks siginificantly better than with the old DVR(DCT 6200 - hooked up DVI to HDMI) I was using from my basement set up. I am hooked up passing through the receiver with no issues.

I am trying to figure out why it is that so many are having so many problems. Stick with me here for a second. When I purchased the receiver I brought in this logic that all my components are compatible. What does that mean? Well, there may not be any truth to this but it makes sense to me. The TV, HD DVD, and Receiver all have HDMI 1.2a compatibility. Do you think this may be the answer? Maybe older TV's with original HDMI connections are having trouble. Or maybe people's older TV's are not HDCP compliant.

I really wanted to report a successful system that is definitely working out beautifully. I was stuck between the Rotel 1057, the Pionner 81, and this Pioneer 82 and I am so glad I went with this Pioneer. Dont get me wrong. I own a Rotel amp(RB 985 - still kickin' after 8 years) and surround sound processor(RSP-985) that rocks, but I really find this Pioneer to be sharper in detail which for me is perfect for a "digital" cinema sound stage. My thought in purchasing may have swayed to the 81 if I had the same Comcast issues as everyone else as 3 HDMI inputs would not have been necessary if I was going to have to go straight to TV from the cable box. Releived it all worked out

I must also report that I am having absolutely no issues with up conversion. I had an old cable box hooked up by composite video and I have to tell you the upconversion showed less artifact then was currently present. It was much cleaner looking, better contrast and color, and sharper. What I noticed the most was when watching football, players white jerseys bloomed less after upconversion. I guess this really does not matter for me as the only components I have hooked up are all HDMI, so no upconversion is even necessary.

I would be interested and others I am sure as well as to what other systems have Pioneer owners been successful with as far as compatibility?
post #374 of 1630 Old 12-19-2006, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by soundstage28 View Post

I must also report that I am having absolutely no issues with up conversion. I had an old cable box hooked up by composite video and I have to tell you the upconversion showed less artifact then was currently present. It was much cleaner looking, better contrast and color, and sharper. What I noticed the most was when watching football, players white jerseys bloomed less after upconversion. I guess this really does not matter for me as the only components I have hooked up are all HDMI, so no upconversion is even necessary.

I would be interested and others I am sure as well as to what other systems have Pioneer owners been successful with as far as compatibility?

I am in agreement with him. I have a newer Panny (50pxu) plasma and a D* H20 box w/HDMI out to the 82. I hooked up my older 5 disc Sony DVD w/component out to the 82. The DVD picture looks fantastic and the D* H20 looks great too, even on SD channels. You would expect some channels looking bad, but they all seem to be somewhat consistant in their resolution and layout on SD. The HD channels, like ESPN HD look just as crystal clear, w/no artifacts or saturation like I am hearing in this forum, as it did when I had the HDMI from the H20 direct to the plasma. I am curious about others that have good pictures too.
post #375 of 1630 Old 12-20-2006, 11:06 AM
AVS Special Member

I've a different question to raise -- regarding two channel LPCM audio processing!

One of the input devices in my setup is a Pioneer CLD-D704 LD player and last night I was for the first time seriously viewing an LD title, "The Fugitive". I ran into a very unexpected issue!

Whenever there was a loud sound effect (gun shot, breaking glass, heavy impact), the 82 momentarily muted the sound. Now the actual level was no higher than if I were playing either the SD DVD DD5.1, or the HD DVD DD+, yet they played with no problems at all through those very same transients.

The decoding in use was 96KHz DDPL (defaulted to by the receiver) the input was COAX1.

I discovered that if I backed off the volume by about three presses (to -3dB on the master level) then the issue went away -- however the sound (voices for example) was easily lower than would be normal for viewing.

You might just think I'm trying to play it too loud, however as I said, the same volume (and higher) was not an issue with DD5.1 via Toslink or DD+ via HDMI LPCM 5.1. My interpretation is that somehow the digital processing is losing gain when crunching LPCM Dolby Pro Logic S/PDIF data.

Anybody else run into this kind of behavior with two channel digital?
post #376 of 1630 Old 12-20-2006, 01:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Couldn't you reproduce this with say the any HD style player and output LPCM via Optical or Coax?

Wouldn't that send over 2channel LPCM?
post #377 of 1630 Old 12-20-2006, 01:25 PM

I've just picked up the VSX-84TXSi over the weekend and am not having any problem with my HDMI inputs (as far as darker images go) with my Toshiba HD-DVD Player or PS3. There is darkness & extremely jagged edges however when I try to hook up my Scientific Atlanta Digital Cable box via DVI to HDMI cable or through the component connections, so therefore I just hooked it directly back to my TV via component. Is there a difference between my 84TXSi and the 82's?

By the way I absolutely love this reciever....!!!!!!!!!
post #378 of 1630 Old 12-20-2006, 05:44 PM

Just got my VXS-82TXS hooked up this week and am beginning to get it all tweaked and setup, and have come across several questions. I've been reading through about half of this thread, and realized that my questions haven't yet been asked in here, and decided to just cut to the end and post this, so if the following have infact been answered already I apologize.

1. Do you have to use HDMI out to your TV in order to take advantage of the video scaler? As my setup currently sits, the connection to my TV (Samsung LN-S4095D), is component, and when trying to use the scaler to upscale my 480i DVD player to 1080i, I get absolutely no difference in picture quality, which leads me to believe that the final connection from the 82 to the TV has to be HDMI.

everyone in here seems to have video hookup questions, but my final 2 questions are entirely audio related.

2. What is the S. Retriever option on the remote? When listening to a CD (CD player connected through composite RCA stereo, and i hit the S. Retriever button, it gets LOUD. it's almost like it's boosting EQ levels across the board, perhaps more-so in the lower-mid to mid-high frequencies. Couldn't find anything in the manual about it

3. Is it possible to run my subwoofer when listening to stereo audio sources? I have stereo audio running to the receiver for the CD player (as mentioned above), and for my computer, and i cannot for the life of me figure out how to run my sub to amplify the bass a bit when listening to these sources, and it's going to be HUGE dissapointment to me if this thing can only use the sub for LFE channels on surround sound material...

I've considered setting up an separate MCACC setting to handle this somehow, but still cant get ANYTHING out of the sub when playing back in stereo.
post #379 of 1630 Old 12-20-2006, 08:51 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalsaber View Post

Couldn't you reproduce this with say the any HD style player and output LPCM via Optical or Coax?

Wouldn't that send over 2channel LPCM?

Yes, I would expect the processing would be identical.
post #380 of 1630 Old 12-20-2006, 08:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamCanaj View Post

I've just picked up the VSX-84TXSi over the weekend and am not having any problem with my HDMI inputs (as far as darker images go) with my Toshiba HD-DVD Player or PS3. There is darkness & extremely jagged edges however when I try to hook up my Scientific Atlanta Digital Cable box via DVI to HDMI cable or through the component connections, so therefore I just hooked it directly back to my TV via component. Is there a difference between my 84TXSi and the 82's?

By the way I absolutely love this reciever....!!!!!!!!!

Indications so far are that the 82 and 84 are essentially the same receiver (only a couple features apart).
post #381 of 1630 Old 12-20-2006, 09:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebove View Post

Just got my VXS-82TXS hooked up this week and am beginning to get it all tweaked and setup, and have come across several questions. I've been reading through about half of this thread, and realized that my questions haven't yet been asked in here, and decided to just cut to the end and post this, so if the following have infact been answered already I apologize.

1. Do you have to use HDMI out to your TV in order to take advantage of the video scaler? As my setup currently sits, the connection to my TV (Samsung LN-S4095D), is component, and when trying to use the scaler to upscale my 480i DVD player to 1080i, I get absolutely no difference in picture quality, which leads me to believe that the final connection from the 82 to the TV has to be HDMI.

everyone in here seems to have video hookup questions, but my final 2 questions are entirely audio related.

2. What is the S. Retriever option on the remote? When listening to a CD (CD player connected through composite RCA stereo, and i hit the S. Retriever button, it gets LOUD. it's almost like it's boosting EQ levels across the board, perhaps more-so in the lower-mid to mid-high frequencies. Couldn't find anything in the manual about it

3. Is it possible to run my subwoofer when listening to stereo audio sources? I have stereo audio running to the receiver for the CD player (as mentioned above), and for my computer, and i cannot for the life of me figure out how to run my sub to amplify the bass a bit when listening to these sources, and it's going to be HUGE dissapointment to me if this thing can only use the sub for LFE channels on surround sound material...

I've considered setting up an separate MCACC setting to handle this somehow, but still cant get ANYTHING out of the sub when playing back in stereo.

Regarding (1) -- 720p and 1080i are defined as HD widescreen and hence are HDCP territory (which requires HDMI). You can probably upscale to 480p with component ouput, but I would doubt any higher.

Regarding (3) -- If you look in the back of the manual under surround field descriptions, I think there's mention of one or two modes that included processing of two channel signal into the sub channel. I think Neo:6 was one, perhaps also DDPLII.

Regarding (2) -- Got me !
post #382 of 1630 Old 12-20-2006, 09:11 PM

Stupid question alert (coming from an analogue guy, stuck in the 1980s):

Will the 82 be able to accept a variety of inputs from component and HDMI, and be able to only output HDMI to my display? In other words, I only want 1 cable to my display, and I would love to have a variety of component and HDMI inputs, and not lose any video processing, and be able to keep a single HDMI going out.

Is this a normal request?
post #383 of 1630 Old 12-20-2006, 10:37 PM

Liked: 12
Quote:

2. What is the S. Retriever option on the remote? When listening to a CD (CD player connected through composite RCA stereo, and i hit the S. Retriever button, it gets LOUD. it's almost like it's boosting EQ levels across the board, perhaps more-so in the lower-mid to mid-high frequencies. Couldn't find anything in the manual about it.

from manual:
"Using the Sound Retriever
When audio data is removed during the WMA/MP3/
MPEG-4 AAC compression process, sound quality often
suffers from an uneven sound image. The Sound
Retriever feature employs new DSP technology that
helps bring CD quality sound back to compressed 2-
channel audio by restoring sound pressure and
smoothing jagged artifacts left over after compression."

Quote:

from manual :
"Subwoofer
- LFE signals and bass frequencies of
channels set to
SMALL
are output from the
subwoofer when
YES
is selected. Choose the
PLUS
setting if you want the subwoofer to output bass
sound continuously or you want deeper bass (the
bass frequencies that would normally come out the
front and center speakers are also routed to the
subwoofer)time

regards/H
post #384 of 1630 Old 12-21-2006, 04:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevorS View Post

Indications so far are that the 82 and 84 are essentially the same receiver (only a couple features apart).

My question then is why are some members having darkness issues via HDMI? I am not experiencing this at all (except as stated my cable box which I am using a DVI to HDMI cable). The image is crystal clear and bright on my Sony XBR2 60" set.
post #385 of 1630 Old 12-21-2006, 06:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamCanaj View Post

My question then is why are some members having darkness issues via HDMI? I am not experiencing this at all (except as stated my cable box which I am using a DVI to HDMI cable). The image is crystal clear and bright on my Sony XBR2 60" set.

The issue is only when component is upconverted to HDMI.
post #386 of 1630 Old 12-21-2006, 07:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravitom View Post

The issue is only when component is upconverted to HDMI.

OK..I got you. I was not aware that you can upconvert from component to HDMI. How do you do that? What is required so that I can test it on my system and see if I get the same result on my receiver? I know from my own experience, DVI to HDMI gives me this undesireable result.
post #387 of 1630 Old 12-21-2006, 07:17 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by voteforpedro View Post

Stupid question alert (coming from an analogue guy, stuck in the 1980s):

Will the 82 be able to accept a variety of inputs from component and HDMI, and be able to only output HDMI to my display? In other words, I only want 1 cable to my display, and I would love to have a variety of component and HDMI inputs, and not lose any video processing, and be able to keep a single HDMI going out.

Is this a normal request?

yes I believe this can be done. Component in to HDMI out DOES work. I haven't tried any other source (composite, S-Video), but I would assume they work the same.
post #388 of 1630 Old 12-21-2006, 09:08 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Liked: 127
Quote:

As long as you have your speakers set to 'small', and subwoofer to Yes in the AVR speaker settings, then bass will be routed to sub, for any source (stereo or otherwise). I fyou need to keep your speakers 'large' for some reason, use 'Plus' in stead of 'Yes' for subwoofer selection. For crossover point selection -- the frequency below which signals will be routed to the sub -- 80 Hz is usually a good choice.
post #389 of 1630 Old 12-21-2006, 09:50 AM

Hello all,

I'm very new to the A/V Receiver world. I purchased the 82-TXS and have had it for about a week. I've been playing around with the settings and I cannot find the setting to boost the sound for the center channel. I know that it's a powerful center channel (Polk Audio Csi5) because when I play DVD Audio or other music, it sounds fantastic. I just can't seem to get it to work properly during movie or TV watching.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

James
post #390 of 1630 Old 12-21-2006, 11:17 AM
AVS Special Member

^^
You should be able to select "Channel Level" on your controller and it should display the level for your left speaker. You can navigate to your center speaker and then adjust it up or down.
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Pioneer Elite

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page