Pioneer Elite VSX-81TXV... few questions about it (and my setup) - Page 9 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #241 of 242 Old 11-15-2013, 12:41 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Sorry to dig up these old thread, but there is not a official one for this unit. I have had my 81 for 6 years and serve me like a champ, I have just scored on a top notch BDP (Pioneer Elite 95FD) older unit but the PQ is un match till this day IMHO. I had the BDP 320 prior to the 95 and it did the decoding and sent the signal in PCM full 7.1 channels, but the 95 won't do it for Blu Rays that support DTS HD MA. It gives me PCM+PLIIs+MV 5.1 I only get 5.1 speakers. If not for the SB mode being on I would not get any sound from them. The odd part is that when I play a Blu Ray with DD TrueHD it does come through as PCM only and all 7.1 channels are lit up. Has anyone else had this experience? or found the work around solution?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #242 of 242 Old 04-16-2014, 08:50 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

I don't know If this will help much. I have the Elite VSX-81TXV  for my outdoor theater set up as a 7.2 enclosed in a Ice Station. All outdoor Yamaha 350 speakers, 2 amped subs and Epson projector. I have to tell you I'm impressed. This thing is a workhorse. The sound quality acomidates the 16x9 Carl's screen like a glove. The 1.2. let's me feed the projector by a blue ray player and Chromecast providing movies from netflix and Plex. Quality exceeds my expectations.

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page