I'm sure it does. Not quite ready to spend $200 on a remote extender. Maybe after my significant other gets tired of the cheap one not working properly.
I too use MX900 and MRF350 combo. Yes, it'll cost you about $350 for both, but remote is *the one* piece of equipment you use *the most*
Even my wife now admits it was a good buy!
So well worth the money, the WAF at my place is also massive!!
Definitely. I own one and paid $500 for a refurbished unit 18 months ago. The unit is awesome, and accepts multichannel PCM over HDMI, so just make sure your blu-ray player can decode the lossless formats and send them that way. It applies the Audyssey EQ to that signal as well. Plus it has a killer sound!
You need to upgrade your TV or use a different video card. You can't down convert HDMI to an analog signal like s-video.
quality: don't know
Here's one on "sale" for $80: (svideo.com)
But I don't know anything about it, quality, reliability, etc.
Atlona also makes one but it's significantly more expensive ($300?)
Well, you can throw more money at the problem (converters, new TV, etc), but my question is, why not just downgrade your source to 480i/p instead? Bluray players, computers, etc. can all output 480 pictures. Why go through all the HASSLE of HDMI when you don't even need it!
DIY guide using an Arduino
Self-contained widget based on work of mironto and others
It is capable of receiving a DSD signal from a universal player that plays SACDs. I recently changed the setting on my Oppo BD-80 to output DSD instead of converting it to PCM in the player. I wanted to try and see if there was any discernible difference in letting the player do the conversion, or letting the AVR do it.
At first the AVR will accept the DSD signal and play it just fine, and it sounds great. Intermittently, however, sometimes it suddenly starts emitting a horrible, overwhelming high-pitched squeal that drowns out the music and cries out to you to turn it off immediately. Turning the AVR back on again causing the same squeal. The only remedy is to change the setting in the Oppo BD player back to outputting PCM. Then, everything's fine again.
Changing back to DSD output starts out fine again later, but after an album or so, it starts squealing.
Anyone else encountered this issue? What, if anything, do you do about it?
I know the obvious answer is to keep the output of the BD Player set to PCM and not DSD, but I'd like to keep outputting DSD if possible with a fix.
Thanks in advance for any responses.
Now I can run the cable box HDMI-Marantz->SR5002->TV HDMI no problem, HD channels look fine.
And I can run my HD6850(computer) HDMI -> TV HMDI and all is well.
But HD6850(computer) HDMI -> SR5002 is a fail , the SR5002 doesn't recognize the ATI video card as an HDMI input.
Any suggestions? or is this probably just something I will have to live with (run the computer to hdmi input 2 of the TV instead of the SR5002.)
you can download the user manual here if you don't have it.
I bought a used SR4001 recently, what do you mean shift between the HDMI inputs? They can easily be assigned.
you can download the user manual here if you don't have it.
- Comcast Scientifica Atlantica Cable Box
- Center, two fronts, and a sub.
- I will be adding two rears in the form of in wall built ins over the next few weeks.
- LG LA7400 55" smart tv
- Secondary receiver to drive 6 speakers (three rooms) that come into the receiver and serves as the multi-room, with a separate volume control for the three rooms.
- I am not using a BR on purpose, as I don't buy/rent DVDs, nor do I need the smart apps because the tv has them.
In the new setup, from behind the TV I was aggressive and ran a ton of cables including two cat 6, two hdmi, and a toslink. I'm currently using only the HDMI cable to receiver, which is receiving from the cable box via hdmi, and it all seems to work.
butttttttttttttttttttttttttttt, I'm trying to do a couple of things and have no idea how to setup, and hope you can help:
1) The equipment is located to far away for the microphone to setup the sound, so its still set to my old setup in now a very open room. Any thoughts on how to extend the mic to do an autosound test would be great.
2) Using the smart apps, while still using cable. For example, if I want to run pandora music on multi-room, but display the cable image, I can't know how to do that... or run comcast music throughout the house and display my picasa pics through the smart apps... I"m not sure if I should be directing the TV to send the signal to the receiver via the toslink for pandora via the toslink, and the tv will display cable or not. any thoughts on this would be appreciated.
3) In the land of HD, I'm only getting 5.1 on HD channels, any other channels go to "stereo" and only uses the two fronts. THIS IS THE BIGGIE. How do I set the receiver to force it to go 5.1 all the time?
Finally, at some point, I will add the new Xbox, and I'm sure I will have questions.
Thoughts, comments, help would be really appreciated.
Hello all. Sorry to bring up a post from the past but after about 30 pages of reading I need to confirm a couple of things.
I recently purchased a Sr-8001 and thought I was all set. I am running my Direct Tv into the HDMI on the 8001 as well as my BluRay player. Using my 1080p Tv as a monitor. My Tv is saying 1080p 60hz when I hit the info button on it. (LGPlasma).
Is my TV playing in 1080p through the HDMI pass through? Or am I just viewing it in 720? Could I use a HDMI splitter to send Blu Ray and DirectTv Directly to my Plasma? From What I have read maybe just the audio is passing through but not all the video.
Or should I just go and get the Emotiva PreAmp Amp special?
Thanks for all the help.
|Marantz Sr 4001 Home Theater Receiver , Marantz Sr5001 Xm Ready Surround Sound Receiver|
- Wasabi Power Battery (2-Pack) andThis Wasabi Power battery and charger kit includes 2 batteries and one charger with a European plug...
No ReviewsMore on Wasabi Power Battery (2-Pack) andPrice:
$25.99Wasabi Power Battery (2-Pack) andThe Wasabi Power FH100 Power Kit includes 2 Hi-Capacity batteries with premium Japanese cells, 1...
1 ReviewMore on Wasabi Power Battery (2-Pack) andPrice:
$39.99Sony NPFP50, DCR-HC85, DCR-HC96,Our state of the art SONY NP-FP50 compatible battery is designed and manufactured under strict...
1 ReviewMore on Sony NPFP50, DCR-HC85, DCR-HC96,Price: