Forum Jump: 

post #2821 of 2839 Old 03-24-2011, 01:10 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by djos View Post

I use the IR flasher in on my sr8001 from my MRF-350 IR basestation and it works perfectly even using a stereo cable.

I'm sure it does. Not quite ready to spend $200 on a remote extender. Maybe after my significant other gets tired of the cheap one not working properly.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2822 of 2839 Old 03-24-2011, 08:42 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by jluros View Post

I'm sure it does. Not quite ready to spend $200 on a remote extender. Maybe after my significant other gets tired of the cheap one not working properly.

I too use MX900 and MRF350 combo. Yes, it'll cost you about $350 for both, but remote is *the one* piece of equipment you use *the most*

Even my wife now admits it was a good buy!

Thanks,
Hansang
post #2823 of 2839 Old 03-24-2011, 09:32 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by hansangb View Post

I too use MX900 and MRF350 combo. Yes, it'll cost you about $350 for both, but remote is *the one* piece of equipment you use *the most*

Even my wife now admits it was a good buy!

So well worth the money, the WAF at my place is also massive!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The impossible often has a kind of integrity which the merely improbable lacks.
post #2824 of 2839 Old 03-25-2011, 10:18 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by djos View Post

I use the IR flasher in on my sr8001 from my MRF-350 IR basestation and it works perfectly even using a stereo cable.

ditto that. I wish more pieces of gear had direct flasher inputs.
post #2825 of 2839 Old 03-26-2011, 05:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hansangb View Post

Where are you getting both for $350? A quick search shows $275+$200 = $475.
post #2826 of 2839 Old 03-26-2011, 06:09 AM

With the SR5002, is there an inexpensive method to convert the HDMI output to S-video. I have a HDMI output only video card but a S-video only input TV.
post #2827 of 2839 Old 03-26-2011, 07:17 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by heftydude View Post

Where are you getting both for $350? A quick search shows $275+$200 = $475.

No, you can get them a lot cheaper than that. Amazon has had the MRF for about $125 in the past (I bought five! - two for me and three for my family)

Thanks,
Hansang
post #2828 of 2839 Old 05-23-2011, 02:28 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Is a used SR7001 worth $200.00? Saw it on CL and thinking of getting as a backup/spare receiver. I unfamiliar with Marantz products of the last few years.
post #2829 of 2839 Old 05-23-2011, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vcrpro3 View Post

Is a used SR7001 worth $200.00? Saw it on CL and thinking of getting as a backup/spare receiver. I unfamiliar with Marantz products of the last few years.

Definitely. I own one and paid $500 for a refurbished unit 18 months ago. The unit is awesome, and accepts multichannel PCM over HDMI, so just make sure your blu-ray player can decode the lossless formats and send them that way. It applies the Audyssey EQ to that signal as well. Plus it has a killer sound!
post #2830 of 2839 Old 05-23-2011, 02:41 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 221 Post(s)
Liked: 389
Quote:
Originally Posted by regal View Post

With the SR5002, is there an inexpensive method to convert the HDMI output to S-video. I have a HDMI output only video card but a S-video only input TV.

You need to upgrade your TV or use a different video card. You can't down convert HDMI to an analog signal like s-video.

Afro GT
post #2831 of 2839 Old 05-24-2011, 07:55 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by regal View Post

possible: certainly
expensive: varies
quality: don't know

Here's one on "sale" for $80: (svideo.com)

But I don't know anything about it, quality, reliability, etc.

Atlona also makes one but it's significantly more expensive ($300?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by afrogt View Post

You need to upgrade your TV or use a different video card. You can't down convert HDMI to an analog signal like s-video.

Well, you can throw more money at the problem (converters, new TV, etc), but my question is, why not just downgrade your source to 480i/p instead? Bluray players, computers, etc. can all output 480 pictures. Why go through all the HASSLE of HDMI when you don't even need it!

..dane

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

DIY guide using an Arduino

Self-contained widget based on work of mironto and others

Help for those battling HDMI extension
post #2832 of 2839 Old 12-01-2011, 07:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 140
Sorry for resurrecting on old thread, but I still own an SR7001 and have a new issue with it.

It is capable of receiving a DSD signal from a universal player that plays SACDs. I recently changed the setting on my Oppo BD-80 to output DSD instead of converting it to PCM in the player. I wanted to try and see if there was any discernible difference in letting the player do the conversion, or letting the AVR do it.

At first the AVR will accept the DSD signal and play it just fine, and it sounds great. Intermittently, however, sometimes it suddenly starts emitting a horrible, overwhelming high-pitched squeal that drowns out the music and cries out to you to turn it off immediately. Turning the AVR back on again causing the same squeal. The only remedy is to change the setting in the Oppo BD player back to outputting PCM. Then, everything's fine again.

Changing back to DSD output starts out fine again later, but after an album or so, it starts squealing.

Anyone else encountered this issue? What, if anything, do you do about it?

I know the obvious answer is to keep the output of the BD Player set to PCM and not DSD, but I'd like to keep outputting DSD if possible with a fix.

Thanks in advance for any responses.
post #2833 of 2839 Old 12-24-2011, 09:48 PM

Ok because new (good) video cards don't offer S-video output (only HDMI) I went and bought an HD LCD TV.

Now I can run the cable box HDMI-Marantz->SR5002->TV HDMI no problem, HD channels look fine.

And I can run my HD6850(computer) HDMI -> TV HMDI and all is well.

But HD6850(computer) HDMI -> SR5002 is a fail , the SR5002 doesn't recognize the ATI video card as an HDMI input.

Any suggestions? or is this probably just something I will have to live with (run the computer to hdmi input 2 of the TV instead of the SR5002.)
post #2834 of 2839 Old 02-23-2012, 06:30 AM

I have an SR8001 and have recently moved residences. My new configuration will no longer use the 7.1 in the main room, rather, the 5.1 in main room and use the last two remaining amps for 2 channel on my patio. I know its overkill, but I am going to put a subwoofer on my patio My question is the following. If I use the LFE (by splitting the signal for two subwoofers, one for the main room and a small one for the patio) will the LFE crossover I set in the main setup (say 80 Hz) also apply to zone two speaker signal output? If not, I will obviously have to wire the subwoofer on my patio up to the speaker wires so that I can use its internal crossover if the SR8001 won't do it.
post #2835 of 2839 Old 05-01-2012, 01:19 AM

Hi,is there anyone who know's how to shift between the two HDMI inputs on the SR4001?

Kind regards / jeppe
post #2836 of 2839 Old 05-01-2012, 07:51 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 221 Post(s)
Liked: 389
I bought a used SR4001 recently, what do you mean shift between the HDMI inputs? They can easily be assigned.

you can download the user manual here if you don't have it.
http://newmedia.engl.iastate.edu/tut..._Final_eng.pdf

Afro GT
post #2837 of 2839 Old 05-02-2012, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by afrogt View Post

I bought a used SR4001 recently, what do you mean shift between the HDMI inputs? They can easily be assigned.

you can download the user manual here if you don't have it.
http://newmedia.engl.iastate.edu/tut..._Final_eng.pdf

Ok,thank you
post #2838 of 2839 Old 07-23-2013, 05:13 AM

Hi all.... I recently shut down the home theater in my home, a 7.2 system that was designed originally for the room specifically for a home theater.. and like the rest of the world, I have brought my tv out to my living room and I"m repurposing some of the equipment, which includes:

• SR7001
  • Comcast Scientifica Atlantica Cable Box
  • Center, two fronts, and a sub.
  • I will be adding two rears in the form of in wall built ins over the next few weeks.
  • LG LA7400 55" smart tv
  • Secondary receiver to drive 6 speakers (three rooms) that come into the receiver and serves as the multi-room, with a separate volume control for the three rooms.
  • I am not using a BR on purpose, as I don't buy/rent DVDs, nor do I need the smart apps because the tv has them.

In the new setup, from behind the TV I was aggressive and ran a ton of cables including two cat 6, two hdmi, and a toslink. I'm currently using only the HDMI cable to receiver, which is receiving from the cable box via hdmi, and it all seems to work.

butttttttttttttttttttttttttttt, I'm trying to do a couple of things and have no idea how to setup, and hope you can help:

1) The equipment is located to far away for the microphone to setup the sound, so its still set to my old setup in now a very open room. Any thoughts on how to extend the mic to do an autosound test would be great.

2) Using the smart apps, while still using cable. For example, if I want to run pandora music on multi-room, but display the cable image, I can't know how to do that... or run comcast music throughout the house and display my picasa pics through the smart apps... I"m not sure if I should be directing the TV to send the signal to the receiver via the toslink for pandora via the toslink, and the tv will display cable or not. any thoughts on this would be appreciated.

3) In the land of HD, I'm only getting 5.1 on HD channels, any other channels go to "stereo" and only uses the two fronts. THIS IS THE BIGGIE. How do I set the receiver to force it to go 5.1 all the time?

Finally, at some point, I will add the new Xbox, and I'm sure I will have questions.

Thoughts, comments, help would be really appreciated.
post #2839 of 2839 Old 12-06-2013, 10:23 AM

Hello all. Sorry to bring up a post from the past but after about 30 pages of reading I need to confirm a couple of things.

I recently purchased a Sr-8001 and thought I was all set. I am running my Direct Tv into the HDMI on the 8001 as well as my BluRay player. Using my 1080p Tv as a monitor.   My Tv is saying 1080p 60hz when I hit the info button on it. (LGPlasma).

Is my TV playing in 1080p through the HDMI pass through? Or am I just viewing it in 720? Could I use a HDMI splitter to send Blu Ray and DirectTv Directly to my Plasma? From What I have read maybe just the audio is passing through but not all the video.

Or should I just go and get the Emotiva PreAmp Amp special?

Thanks for all the help.

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Marantz Sr 4001 Home Theater Receiver , Marantz Sr5001 Xm Ready Surround Sound Receiver
Gear in this thread - Sr5001 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page