best receiver under 1500.00 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 10-14-2006, 07:40 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
i have a denon 3805 and i may be looking at trying an other receiver wich one is a better receiver
denon avr3805
harman kardon avr 640
yamaha 2700
pioneer elite 74
please let me know what you think
here are the speakers im using
paradigm studio monitor
partadigm cc-450
2sets of adp-470
paradigm pw-2200
thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-14-2006, 08:06 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 12
you won't notice that much of a difference imo with any of these receivers over your current 3805. I auditioned a pioneer elite 74 vs my 3805 and found the pioneer elite to be a bit more warm, but there wasn't enough of an "upgrade" here to warrant a change. All these receivers you talk about as well as the one you currently own are all on the same level as far as a sound comparison is at hand. They all basically can drive speakers equally as their power is similar. while subjective and personal to which receiver is "better" i wouldnt' advise an upgrade based on information given. are you looking for a 1080P switching receiver? are you looking to get the best sound for music? these receiver are all extremely comparable its a matter of opinion which i could give you but do you really want my or any one's opinion on comparably priced well regarded units ? Listen up my friend.
Old 10-14-2006, 08:07 PM
Advanced Member

btw, check out outlaw, rotel, arcam, b&k, if your on a listening spree at this price point for receivers.
Old 10-14-2006, 09:01 PM - Thread Starter

i am using it way more for movies but my denon doesnt have hdmi. i heard there is issues for switching i was going to buy a 4306 my friend can give it to me at cost dont know if its worth the upgrade
Old 10-14-2006, 09:18 PM
Advanced Member

what do you need hdmi for ???? do you have an hdmi 1080P video set? if not, your not going to notice a difference.
Old 10-14-2006, 09:30 PM - Thread Starter

my tv is a crt 57 inch hi def so it has 1080 and whats with the hdmi 1.1 are they going to change it so the new sources wont pass the signals thru those receivers. i am more than happy with my receiver but was just wondering if it was worth it
Old 10-15-2006, 08:28 AM
Advanced Member

i wouldn't get too rapped up in the hdmi debacle into it works itself out (i.e. maybe in 6 months or so). If you are happy with your denon and you should be :) don't purchase a receiver until receivers and hdmi 1.3 are mainstream if you need (or think you may need) hdmi. carstereoguy at this point to take advantage of 1080P HD material, you would need to have either a blu-ray or hd-dvd player anyhow. your 57 inch crt probably has a resolution of 1080i interlaced, not 1080P progressive
Old 10-15-2006, 09:21 AM
Advanced Member

I have heard the denon 4306 is more of an audiophile piece. Don't ask me the detailed specs for what that means. Just something I have heard. I recently bought a new receiver. Ended up going with a yamaha 2600 over the 2700. For my needs, it was better. The hdmi inputs for switching is nice but I wouldn't make it the sole purpose for changing. If you want an hdmi switcher, monoprice has nice ones.

"You're not the contents of your wallet. Your'e not your ****ing khakis!"

Tyler Durden, Fight Club