NAD M15 pre-pro setup? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 12-06-2006, 08:44 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi all,

This is my 1st post to the forum, seems like the best one on the net! I've just recently majorly upgraded my HT setup to a dream system, I sold my Marantz 6400 receiver for the new Masters series M25 amp and M15 prepro. I also upgraded the Boston acoustics speakers that I had for the new Mirage OMD-28 mains and C2 centre channel. I have a Mirage BPS 400 as the sub and Mirage FX's as surround channels. The old BA VR-950's are used a the rear surrounds now.
The setup has a clarity and openness of soundstage that is awesome but I'm wondering if I have selected the correct parmeters in the M15 audio menus...
My feeling is that since the OMD 28's are capable of excellent bass that I should give them more than the standard 80hz and up THX standard setting for small speaker setting..

Heres what the M15 menu gives as selectable audio parameters:

LFE level: 0.0 db (I left it alone since I adjust on the subwoofer vol)
Enchanced Bass: says that when left on that it allows full range operation of speakers so I left it on
THX auto: left it off so that the DTS and Dolby formats do not pass through the Thx decoder
THX/Speakers setup:
Front L&R --set to large
Center-- set to large
surround-- set to 2 small
Subwoofer-- can choose either 1 small, 2 small(THX), 1 large, 2 large or none, I chose 1 large
surr back-- set to 2 large (the BA 950's go down to 45hz)
LR + LFE Xover-- can choose form 60-120hz in 10hz increments, I chose 60hz
centre Xover-- same range of freqs I chose 60 since the C2 is a BIG centre speaker
Surr Xover-- I chose 80 since they are pretty small
Bass filter-- Thx, or 2nd order (not sure what this means)

next I set the speaker distances and left the speaker levels neutral for now 0 db

did I set it up right? Bass response seems to still be limited to my ears in the OMD 28 mains.....

thanks

Mike W
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 12-06-2006, 10:46 AM

Try setting the Subwoofer to "None" and see what the speakers can do? They are rated down to 25 Hz.
post #3 of 5 Old 12-09-2006, 06:35 AM

Liked: 13
You will also have to set speaker level and sub phase.
post #4 of 5 Old 01-01-2007, 06:02 PM

Best of luck with this NAD equipment. I think we have both made a wise decision. I have entered this forum to try to resolve a few issues I am having. I've read the replies you received. I can tell you I get better two channel with the sub set up as None. The speakers sound full and I don't find the combination with the sub to hurt the low end at all.

The problem I am having is that I can only see Black and white with the DVD's. I have tried connecting this with both Component and S-video in every combination but with out any resolution. I do not have High def so with my TV those are the only two options for me. Maybe I have a faulty unit or my set up is wrong. Do you have any advice for this problem?
post #5 of 5 Old 01-14-2007, 04:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 13
I am considering the NAD Master Components. Does the M15 pass a 1080p signal through it's HDMI input?
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page