Denon AVR-3806 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 12-30-2006, 01:37 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I am having problems getting my Nintendo Wii and HR10-250 to show picture . I have sound but that's it. I have the the Wii hooked up with a regular video plug and the Directv Recvr is hooked up via component cable. Any help would be appreciated, especially step by step. I have my H20 and PS3e working great.

Wii is Analog to HDMI
HR10-250 is component to HDMI.

Thanks again
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 12-30-2006, 06:59 AM - Thread Starter

bump.......Any help for this?
post #3 of 5 Old 12-30-2006, 08:01 AM

You will need to go into the menu on the Denon and assign what component inputs the HR10-250 is using. You will also need to set that the Wii's input is set to be upconverted which is under video convert within video setup.

You then need to go into HDMI out setup to configure analog to hdmi convert to on and then Color space needs to be set to YBR.

Why are you not using the HDMI out on the Tivo? No need to have it converted for no reason. Just curious

Good luck...
post #4 of 5 Old 12-31-2006, 08:34 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben L C View Post

You will need to go into the menu on the Denon and assign what component inputs the HR10-250 is using. You will also need to set that the Wii's input is set to be upconverted which is under video convert within video setup.

You then need to go into HDMI out setup to configure analog to hdmi convert to on and then Color space needs to be set to YBR.

Why are you not using the HDMI out on the Tivo? No need to have it converted for no reason. Just curious

Good luck...

Thanks a lot for the help. In the component in section for the types what does RCA-1, RCA-2, and RCA-3 mean? I got the Wii working, the HR10-250 I can get working with HDMI, but sometimes it locks up with HDMI plugged in so I use my component and keep the my other DTV receiver plugged in with the HDMI. Stll can't the component device to work. I don't have a clue what I could be doing wrong.
post #5 of 5 Old 01-01-2007, 02:54 PM

The RCA 1 - 3 is referring to the component inputs. There are 3 component inputs. If you are using component inputs 1 for the tivo then choose rca 1 etc.... I don't use HDMI either. To finicky.
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page