post #901 of 17196 Old 05-18-2007, 05:33 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by jriggy View Post

I do not believe we are dealing with a stable & rational person here and suggest maybe all could just begin to totally ignore his posts and get back to the regular vibe of this forum... Maybe then he will stop... So if I may call on all to pretend he is not here.

Best idea I've heard all day. Count me in...

gonk
Beta tester: BDP-83 / BDP-80
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #902 of 17196 Old 05-18-2007, 05:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by max-n-tanner View Post

Both are very short.

There goes my one "easy" idea. Just to cover some of the other simpler possibilities, have you tried each cable by itself between player and TV? Just wondering if one cable might be the problem. If there's no problem there, I'm all tapped out...

gonk
Beta tester: BDP-83 / BDP-80
post #903 of 17196 Old 05-18-2007, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans Gruber View Post

Hans Gruber (Die Hard 1988) is my dark side. Other than this and a few other forums, Hans is not real and does not exist. He is a figment of my imagination who helps me overcome personal weaknesses that I have to live with.

For once, truer words were never spoken.

Quote:

All of your personal attacks help me heal.

Glad to assist in your therapy, but have you considered seeking professional help and medication? Why take your "dark side" out on the rest of us?

Quote:

Strong people do not extend mercy as it shows weakness.

Where in the world is that coming from? A "dark side", indeed. Sounds like you need to get a punching bag, lest we fear for the safety of those around you. I don't hate you, I feel sorry for you in your lack of sensitivity to others when it combines with an inability to accept an opinion other than your own. Sad, indeed. Can't you find some other way to channel this anger and energy to a more productive end? (We're here for the fun and information, and use professionals to work out emotional issues.)
post #904 of 17196 Old 05-18-2007, 05:46 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Yes I have tried both cables from the player to the tv both work flawlessly. Have you ever heard of this problem before?
post #905 of 17196 Old 05-18-2007, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by max-n-tanner View Post

Hey guys!! I purchased the ultra combo and it came with the Hsm-1 HDMI switcher. I hooked up my Toshiba HDA1 high definition player to the switcher then another cable from the switcher to a 50 inch philips plasma and got intermittent signals with lots of snow! Then the HD player would stop playing and read HDMI error. I called Emotiva and talked to lonnie about the problem and he sent me another Hsm-1 unit. I hooked it up and it did the same as the first one! I called him back and he said they will look into the matter. Meanwhile has anyone successfully hooked up a toshiba HDA1 to the hsm-1? Any opinions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks everyone!!

Have you tried different turn-on sequences? In fact, to assure proper communication between the source and sink, turn EVERYTHING off, then make the connections, then turn on the source first, and then the sink -- then try the opposite. Depending on the products, turn-on sequencing can make a difference.

Do you have the most current software/firmware for the HD-A1? That can also make a difference.

Is there a way to read out the incoming signal data on the PDP? IN other words, can you tell if the panel is receiving a signal? Or, is the error message only on the HD-DVD player? Somewhere along the line, the EDID is getting lost or there is an HDCP handshake error. (Probably the former, not the latter.)

Finally, but most obvious, is it safe to presume that the HDMI connection works when the connection is direct from source to sink without the switcher in the middle? It's unlikely in case, but depending on the architecture of the switcher it could be distrupting things.

Opps, sorry Hans, I don't own any of these products, but do know just a bit about HDMI. DO I have your permission to assist, or do I need to ask your "lighter" side for an OK? (YOU popped open the box there, my friend!)

--------------
I'm Phat 'n Happy, and PROUD to say I own none of the products discussed here.
post #906 of 17196 Old 05-18-2007, 05:48 PM

Bigstig no I have not used another switcher.
post #907 of 17196 Old 05-18-2007, 05:52 PM

phtnhappy no I have not tried the different turn on sequences! This is a very good idea and I will try it soon. Thank you everyone for your help!! ps I have the latest firmware on the hda1.
post #908 of 17196 Old 05-18-2007, 07:13 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 11
My HDTV only has component connections. I have looked at the HDMI switch, but that's it. Sorry.
post #909 of 17196 Old 05-18-2007, 09:43 PM

Has anyone had any experience with the B&K 125.7 S2 and how it compares with the Emotiva line?
post #910 of 17196 Old 05-19-2007, 12:00 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:

Without me your nothing.

About the only thing you have done here, is proved that you certainly are full of yourself!
post #911 of 17196 Old 05-19-2007, 12:41 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by barryle View Post

Has anyone had any experience with the B&K 125.7 S2 and how it compares with the Emotiva line?

While it is not 125.7, I will have B&K AVR-307 this coimng Wednesday. PM me if interested to know my experience.
post #912 of 17196 Old 05-20-2007, 08:27 AM

Could anyone summarize all the new Emotiva product coming to market, both confirmed and rumored. I am interested in a new prepro by the fall of 2007. Thanks.
post #913 of 17196 Old 05-20-2007, 02:54 PM

So ignoring the banter from the troll, this is what was stated to me in an email from Lonnie late last week regarding if the upcoming firmware upgrade was ready yet:

"Not yet, we are in the process of running a full system check with the new software. I am hopeful that we will be able to finish the testing over the weekend (unfortunately there is a lot of function and circuits to test). So if all goes well we should be able to release the new software early next week.

Best regards,

Lonnie Vaughn"

So we can hope all went well and that we are rewarded nicely for our patience as mine is slowly starting to wear thin.

We can't stop here, this is bat country.

Short Pause......Hold your breath for the dynamic duo!
post #914 of 17196 Old 05-20-2007, 02:59 PM

DO you know if this is for a full, total SW load that requires the unit to be returned, or is it only for the SW that is loaded via the dongle. I seem to recall something in a message over at AV123 where it was mentioned that only certain parts of the system could be upgraded via the dongle.

Also, does anyone know if the dongle has to be returned, or do you keep it in case it is needed for future use?
post #915 of 17196 Old 05-20-2007, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbehr View Post

Could anyone summarize all the new Emotiva product coming to market, both confirmed and rumored. I am interested in a new prepro by the fall of 2007. Thanks.

Over the past few months I've read rumors (mostly on AV123) of two pre-processors that are at least on the drawing board.

First, I bet we'll see the 'LMC-2'. A couple of months ago, Dan Laufman (President of Emotiva) posted on AV123 a few 'teaser' details. I thought that I read somewhere else that that they were shooting for this summer as a release date. My guess would be something that uses the same chassis as the LMC-1, but with new innards, quirk-free software, and a few more features (lip sync, etc).Here

I have also read a few rumors starting late in '06 of a new flagship processor being developed. This one ought to have auto-calibration, HDMI 1.3, etc, etc. Some rumors say this will be out in December of this year, but a lot of people are saying that probably means Spring 2008.
post #916 of 17196 Old 05-20-2007, 04:25 PM
Advanced Member

I look forward to the firmware update for the LMC-1. I can't help but thin that SVS subswoofers suck! I don't know what keeps making me think that about SVS.
post #917 of 17196 Old 05-20-2007, 05:07 PM

Quote:

I can't help but thin that SVS subswoofers suck! I don't know what keeps making me think that about SVS.

Help me out here, Hans. I thought that we were only allowed to comment on products that we own? DO YOU OWN AN SVS SUB? Otherwise, what leads you to make that statement? (Or do the rules not apply to you, since you apparently get to make them up?)

Just wondering...
post #918 of 17196 Old 05-20-2007, 07:05 PM

Hey now,
I do not intend on being dragged into ths argumentative discussion. I come, I post, I read, because I like productive discussion from individuals without alterior motives.

Hans,
I use this forum as a place of discussion for equipment I own, but have yet to receive (they are in transit LMC-1/LPA-1).

I post in a manner amiable for most, no bashing, no bravado, no unnecessary grammatical corrections, I just like to communicate with regular guys who are in love with audio the way I am. I am passionate about this stuff, the same you seem to be Hans. So in that light, I do not wish to have my words turned around and used for another person's motives whatever they may be. I'm sure a fellow lover of audio such as yourself can understand this. Thanks.

phtnhappy,
I'm sure you read the post that Hans wrote and understand that he wasn't quoting me literally. In the cut and paste world of the www, anyone can be shown in the wrong light. This is surely a case of such. My postings are as true as they come, and relevant to many audiophiles making choices of which gear to buy.

As you can see, I've been posting on both forums (AVS, and AV123) for many years. In those years I've learned a great deal about people and equipment. This thread was created by users, those same users can turn it around. Sometimes resolving the issue can only be achieved by turning a blind eye toward the problem.

I hope this thread can be turned around, because many people who support the Emotiva product need information. These threads are the only means by which to do so.

Thomas
post #919 of 17196 Old 05-20-2007, 07:16 PM

Quote:

phtnhappy,
DO you know if this is for a full, total SW load that requires the unit to be returned, or is it only for the SW that is loaded via the dongle. I seem to recall something in a message over at AV123 where it was mentioned that only certain parts of the system could be upgraded via the dongle.

In passing, I believe I've heard the same thing. That certain parts can be upgraded via firmware or dongle, and others could not.

Quote:

phtnhappy,
Also, does anyone know if the dongle has to be returned, or do you keep it in case it is needed for future use?

In speaking to Emotiva last week, it seems, when I asked the question of whether or not we could keep the dongles, they were undecided. That's the last I've heard.

Oh, maybe not the last thing. The last thing was that my combo are in Texas or some place making their way to California via UPS.

Thomas
post #920 of 17196 Old 05-20-2007, 07:28 PM
SeƱor Member

Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Liked: 262
Great post Intelonetwo, thank you for putting into words what I have been thinking about this thread and AVS in general. It is a hobby we all love and a little respect and decorum is not too much to ask.

Quote:
Originally Posted by intelonetwo View Post

Hey now,
I do not intend on being dragged into ths argumentative discussion. I come, I post, I read, because I like productive discussion from individuals without alterior motives.

Hans,
I use this forum as a place of discussion for equipment I own, but have yet to receive (they are in transit LMC-1/LPA-1).

I post in a manner amiable for most, no bashing, no bravado, no unnecessary grammatical corrections, I just like to communicate with regular guys who are in love with audio the way I am. I am passionate about this stuff, the same you seem to be Hans. So in that light, I do not wish to have my words turned around and used for another person's motives whatever they may be. I'm sure a fellow lover of audio such as yourself can understand this. Thanks.

phtnhappy,
I'm sure you read the post that Hans wrote and understand that he wasn't quoting me literally. In the cut and paste world of the www, anyone can be shown in the wrong light. This is surely a case of such. My postings are as true as they come, and relevant to many audiophiles making choices of which gear to buy.

As you can see, I've been posting on both forums (AVS, and AV123) for many years. In those years I've learned a great deal about people and equipment. This thread was created by users, those same users can turn it around. Sometimes resolving the issue can only be achieved by turning a blind eye toward the problem.

I hope this thread can be turned around, because many people who support the Emotiva product need information. These threads are the only means by which to do so.

HToM

"Well, la di fricken da."!
post #921 of 17196 Old 05-20-2007, 08:28 PM
Advanced Member

"We can't stop here, this is bat country.
Those who bash SVS, haven't heard one!
My last job was a stunt double for Jackie Chan" mlowie

What I said about SVS was a joke. My comments were directed at mlowie's signature which you will find above.

intelonetwo, I was not trying to turn your words around on the AVS123.com forum. You seemed to think that gonk owned Emotiva gear due to his significant knowledge and bravado for the firmware upgrade via the dongle. I was simply pointing out that you as well as myself incorrectly believed that gonk owned Emotiva gear. I used one of your posts to show this common misconception.

I too am looking forward to the dongle firmware upgrade. I was unaware that the LMC-1 had been out for at least 1 year without the firmware being corrected. I read the post above where Emotiva's President talks about the upcoming LMC-2. Considering he regularly posts on AVS123.com, I would think he would be most concerned with fixing the LMC-1 first. Granted, the post I'm referring to was from March.

I understand the contempt of many of you who just want your LMC-1 firmware fixed correctly. The Emotiva forum got out of control last week. Though I didn't start the fire on these boards, I defended Emotiva and brought a flame thrower to the flamers who were out of line.

The LPA-1 is a fantastic amplifier. I hope I can soon say that the functionality of the LMC-1 with its great sound soon matches the performance of the LPA-1. I guess I would say to Emotiva, just get the firmware fixed already. Too those on the fence about this combo, just order your combo before the free shipping goes away.

If the dongle can handle uploads via serial or USB cables, we should get to keep them. If the dongle needs to be uploaded with new firmware at Emotiva's headquarters, we can send them back. The LMC-1 probably should have been designed where USB/serial upgrades were integrated into the pre/pro. I understand the LMC-2 will have this feature.

Too all those I offened, I am sorry. My sincerity is lacking at times and I really don't mean what I say. I'm certainly not sorry, so I retract the first sentence because it shows weakness and weak people attack the weak.
post #922 of 17196 Old 05-20-2007, 09:01 PM

Quote:

What I said about SVS was a joke. My comments were directed at mlowie's signature which you will find above.

As others have pointed out, int he text-based world of forums such as this, it is often hard to read into a post to determine if a statement is "real" and intended or if it is an attempt at humour. As annoying as they are, that's where emoticons and "Smilies" come into use as a means of indicating intent. To be honest, given your apparent split personality, it IS rather hard to know which Hans we're talking to and whether your joking or not.

Quote:

I understand the contempt of many of you who just want your LMC-1 firmware fixed correctly.

I don't think it is "contempt", simply exasperation that the product was shipped at least 18 months after it was announced, and in the subsequent year it is still not right. You (OK, maybe NOT you) can't blame people for just wanting the thing to work in a manner similar to other contemporary prodcuts.

Quote:

If the dongle can handle uploads via serial or USB cables, we should get to keep them. If the dongle needs to be uploaded with new firmware at Emotiva's headquarters, we can send them back. The LMC-1 probably should have been designed where USB/serial upgrades were integrated into the pre/pro. I understand the LMC-2 will have this feature.

My understanding, though I'm more than willing ot be corrected, is that the dongle, itself, does not contain the software, but rather it is used to facilitate the connection between the LMC and the host computer that has the actual file that needs to be loaded. You are (wait, we're agreeing!) 100% correct that full software/firmware upgradeability via USB or serial connectivity should have been part of the feature package from the start, but for some reason it wasn't there. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt that at the time the product was conceived an upgrade port, while not rare, was not standard. On the other hand, today it is a necessity and is available on AV receivers priced down below $400 that have many other features not found on the LMC, and some are likely to sound just as good.

Quote:

Too all those I offened, I am sorry. My sincerity is lacking at times and I really don't mean what I say. I'm certainly not sorry, so I retract the first sentence because it shows weakness and weak people attack the weak.

HUH? SO are you "sorry" or not? The ability to appologize and acknowledge errors, along with sympathy and kindness is, at least where I come from and the way I was taught, a sign of strength, not weakness.
post #923 of 17196 Old 05-20-2007, 10:46 PM

Your welcome RMK.

Thomas
post #924 of 17196 Old 05-21-2007, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbehr View Post

Certainly not the full scoop, but interesting nonetheless: First off I would like to say thank you for your interest in Emotiva.

Yes, the wood side panels can be removed so that the units can be rack mounted. Also, I regret to say that the IEEE port is a dedicated port and can not be used as a digital input for the SACD format, however. The next generation processors will have at least 4 to 8 HDMI ports and will handle all audio formats.

Best regards,

Lonnie Vaughn
Emotiva Audio
post #925 of 17196 Old 05-21-2007, 04:52 PM
Advanced Member

Lonnie,
Do you have a firm E.T.A. on when the firmware update and dongles for the LMC-1 will be ready? Rumor has it that the dongles will be ready to go this week?
post #926 of 17196 Old 05-21-2007, 07:54 PM

Hey Rmk,
Your in my neck of the woods. Carmichael uh?

Thomas
post #927 of 17196 Old 05-21-2007, 10:09 PM

Wow! I thought the subwoofer discussions could get petty!

I tried to read this thread, but had to skim most of it. The insults of members' (alleged) psychological disorders, spouses, children, teachers, etc., make it hard to get through. I have no children, but I've had some wonderful teachers. If you insult them, I can only think you would have been so lucky to have had them. Insult my wife, and I know why you're not so lucky. Insult my mental state, and you're probably right.

As a prospective Emotiva owner, I'm interested in any factual information other users/researchers can share with me (I can make the subjective conclusions about sound quality myself after the equipment arrives).

What this thread could use is a summary of Emotiva benefits and known problems by model. Gonk has done some great research on the LMC-1, and I would like to see more of the same for their other products.

Heck, after posting such a summary, a separate thread based on that summary would be useful so folks wouldn't have to suffer through the personal insults in this thread.

Chu, I know you said you were done with this thread, but your input on such a summary would be valuable to me as you've always struck me as a rational thinker.

From a selfish perspective, I'm looking for as much as I can find on the DMC-1 (looking at that for future upgrades to an amp with balanced inputs and its current sale price) and the IPS-1 (the amp without balanced inputs as a matter of budget).

-Robb
post #928 of 17196 Old 05-22-2007, 01:47 AM
Advanced Member

RobRoy, you should have no problem with the DMC-1 unless integrated HDMI inputs are necessary. All of the Emotiva amps have been very well received. The only trouble for Emotiva is the LMC-1, which is what led to all of the insults.

It sounds like you have a lovely wife, congratulations.
post #929 of 17196 Old 05-22-2007, 03:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

For the last couple of days I have been attacked by several of you saying that I'm an Emotiva "fanboy." The fact remains that I seem to be one only a few here who owns Emotiva products.

Plenty of people here own Emotiva products ... did you ever stop to consider that maybe they don't want to defend or even discuss this because they are scared they will in some small way be linked to you?

Your actions here have not exactly been standard bearing, regardless of their intent.
post #930 of 17196 Old 05-22-2007, 03:37 PM
Advanced Member

Ok, I think we are done with picking people apart. I'm pity you. Is it still snowing in Buffalo?
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Emotiva , Emotiva Xpr 1 , Emotiva Xmc 1 , Emotiva Audio Corporation , Emotiva Xpa 3 Amplifier , Emotiva Usp 1 Stereo Preamplifier , Emotiva Upa 200 2 Channel Amplifier , Emotiva Xpa 2 Stereo Power Amplifier , Emotiva Xpa 1 Monoblock Power Amplifier , Emotiva Xpa 5 5 Channel Power Amplifier

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page