4Likes

post #17221 of 17223 Old 09-13-2014, 04:51 PM
AVS Special Member

Location: Canada - West Island: Vancouver, South Direction: Go East
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1585 Post(s)
Liked: 500
The XPA amp Series are awesome value for their performance. The XPR amp Series are for headbangers.
...With Cerwin Vega loudspeakers?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17222 of 17223 Old 09-14-2014, 07:59 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked: 54
I recently added a Crown X1000 amp to my system. Bought it on a whim due to the recent Guitar Center sale at $99.

Not expecting much improvement over my older, but higher end Yamaha receiver, I was blown away by the difference. Sound was much more open and detailed. Detail galore.

Even at low volumes the sound seemed effortless.

I think the amp provided the current that the speakers always needed to sound their best.

For those that believe that "amps are amps", they are correct - if that is what they hear.

I found that even an inexpensive pro amp provided me with audible benefits far exceeding the cost.

The Crown X1000 is the best "bang for the buck" improvement I've made.

My speakers are old Polk 2.3 SDA/SRS speakers that I believe are nominally rated at 6 ohms. Owned them for years but just heard with for the 1st time with the addition of the amp.
post #17223 of 17223 Old 09-14-2014, 08:00 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked: 54
I recently added a Crown X1000 amp to my system. Bought it on a whim due to the recent Guitar Center sale at $99.

Not expecting much improvement over my older, but higher end Yamaha receiver, I was blown away by the difference. Sound was much more open and detailed. Detail galore.

Even at low volumes the sound seemed effortless.

I think the amp provided the current that the speakers always needed to sound their best.

For those that believe that "amps are amps", they are correct - if that is what they hear.

I found that even an inexpensive pro amp provided me with audible benefits far exceeding the cost.

The Crown X1000 is the best "bang for the buck" improvement I've made.

My speakers are old Polk 2.3 SDA/SRS speakers that I believe are nominally rated at 6 ohms. Owned them for years but just heard with for the 1st time with the addition of the amp.
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Emotiva , Emotiva Xpr 1 , Emotiva Xmc 1 , Emotiva Audio Corporation , Emotiva Xpa 3 Amplifier , Emotiva Usp 1 Stereo Preamplifier , Emotiva Upa 200 2 Channel Amplifier , Emotiva Xpa 2 Stereo Power Amplifier , Emotiva Xpa 1 Monoblock Power Amplifier , Emotiva Xpa 5 5 Channel Power Amplifier

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page