EMOTIVA Thread Q&A [TECHNICAL TALK ONLY] - Page 578 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 16Likes

post #17311 of 17311 Old Today, 12:18 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I solved the humm/buzz issue, thanks for the thought though

Im using it to run my rear speakers, so I had the volume turned to the max from the get go and let my receiver calibrate the channel levels. It ended up making the surround back like -12db....

I also noticed that the humm/buzz was actually in both speakers, slightly more pronounced in one over the other.

I turned the volume down to 75% and it was pretty much quiet, and then to 50% volume and both speakers are now dead quiet. I ran the avr calibration again and it set the surround back speakers to +3.0db.

Makes a lot more sense as I was probably just pushing the amp to the max and had them generate some humm/buzz at max power (even then only audible like 1-2 inches away from the speaker).

All is good now, the amp is working as I intended. Thanks everyone who helped me along with this!! You guys are great
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Emotiva , Emotiva Xpr 1 , Emotiva Xmc 1 , Emotiva Audio Corporation , Emotiva Xpa 3 Amplifier , Emotiva Usp 1 Stereo Preamplifier , Emotiva Upa 200 2 Channel Amplifier , Emotiva Xpa 2 Stereo Power Amplifier , Emotiva Xpa 1 Monoblock Power Amplifier , Emotiva Xpa 5 5 Channel Power Amplifier

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page